Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen (8964 Views)

Girl Brutalized For Sleeping With Her Married Boss (photos) / How Police Arrested Alleged Cross-border Robbery Gang (photo) / How Police Shooting Led To Traffic Gridlock Along Jalingo-wukari Express Road. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by Emmyk(m): 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2010
oga o. haha
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by Skidoc(m): 5:09pm On Aug 28, 2010
To all the people saying the Beauty Queen is to blame, imagine brutalizing everyone who has broken one traffic rule or the other, I bet 95% of us (especially you Nigerians) would have become "Scarface" by now. The fact that she broke a traffic rule does not justify the brutality meted out to her. Think before you post.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by mcbertin: 5:19pm On Aug 28, 2010
For God knows, she may not have even been wrong in changing her lane, there are rules for changing lanes, look at the road signs if the white line between your lane and the new lane is a continuous line, you are not allowed to change your lane but if it is a dotted line then you can change your lane. The problem is that either the traffic officers don't know this or we don't know.

Another, they have no right to arrest her, if she commits a traffic offence they can contravene her vehicle and she'll be let go to attend her appointment and sort out with them later.

May God help us in this country.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by zoraro(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2010
I have absolutely no sympathy for this woman, there are too many inconsistencies in her story which it is obvious she concocted to get her audience's sympathy.

1. She's saying that since she is in a hurry she therefore  have the right to flout traffic laws (it probably was a two lane, two way street and she was driving against traffic which is a very common thing in Nigeria). If that was not the case she wouldn't give the excuse of her car over heating just to change lanes.

2. If her car was over heating why didn't she park to deal with the problem, instead her solution to over heating was to try to get to her destination quicker!

3. She said that she decided to go with the police officer, so why will the officer then wrestle with her for the steering wheel? (She decided in her mind but did not communicate it to the officer or what?).

4. After been arrested she decided to call the Chief Security Officer Government House and the Divisional Traffic Officer which were not witnesses to the incident or do they have the power to say who can flout traffic laws (another very common thing in Nigeria).

5. She said plainly that she refused to be arrested, so what did she expected to get (batons are given to police officers all over the world for a reason).
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by zoraro(m): 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2010
mcbertin:

Another, they have no right to arrest her, if she commits a traffic offence they can contravene her vehicle and she'll be let go to attend her appointment and sort out with them later.

Are you serious? How come then there are many stories in the news of stars been arrested for traffic offenses even in the US. So a drunk driver for example can not be arrested according to you.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2010
zoraro:

[s]I have absolutely no sympathy for this woman, there are too many inconsistencies in her story which it is obvious she concocted to get her audience's sympathy.[/s]

[s]1. She's saying that since she is in a hurry she therefore  have the right to flout traffic laws (it probably was a two lane, two way street and she was driving against traffic which is a very common thing in Nigeria). If that was not the case she wouldn't give the excuse of her car over heating just to change lanes.[/s]

[s]2. If her car was over heating why didn't she park to deal with the problem, instead her solution to over heating was to try to get to her destination quicker!
[/s]

3. She said that she decided to go with the police officer, so why will the officer then wrestle with her for the steering wheel? (She decided in her mind but did not communicate it to the officer or what?).

[s]4. After been arrested she decided to call the Chief Security Officer Government House and the Divisional Traffic Officer which were not witnesses to the incident or do they have the power to say who can flout traffic laws.[/s]

[s]5. She said plainly that she refused to be arrested, so what did she expected to get (batons are given to police officers all over the world for a reason).[/s]

I PITY THIS POSTER'S COMPREHENSION IMPAIRMENT  AND WISH HIM A DAY WITH THE NIGERIAN POLICE!
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by oladayo042: 8:17pm On Aug 28, 2010
knotty:

The DPO merely cautioned the policewomen and had them locked up for two hours.

Can someone pls explain the meaning of the phrase above because I stay in my room doing virtually nothing for five hours without being "locked" up by anybody.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by zoraro(m): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2010
Frank-Aba:

I PITY THIS POSTER'S COMPREHENSION IMPAIRMENT  AND WISH HIM A DAY WITH THE NIGERIAN POLICE!

Please help me to comprehend the inconsistencies I mentioned above. I pity your own view of the Police and wish that when you really need their help they won't turn out to be the way you think they all are.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by chukxy: 8:23pm On Aug 28, 2010
@IyaBasira , thank you the correction is well taken.

Back to topic. So jumping to another lane in a traffic jam is not breaking traffic law, really? Her car over heating is justifiable excuse? And her running late to where she was going is also justifiable? Ok, let set sentiment aside, just put yourself in that traffic warden's shoe. You are saddled with the responsibility of maintaining free flow of traffic.It happened that the traffic is jammed because of impatience and our habit of always want to do the wrong thing(Nigeria factor). Suddenly, you saw people complicating the issue by jumping to another lane.You were able to catch one of the offenders, who at first instance was apologetic of what she did, but on a second thought, she suddenly realised that what she did was right. OK, you asked her to follow you to the police station, she refused. You wanted to take her car key, she was dragging it with you. the next thing she did was to call your oga to order you not to do your duty because she felt she had the connection(Nigeria factor).

Looking at the foregoing scenario, most of you calling for this traffic warden to be killed because of her act, would have done the worse. At first, when
I saw her picture I was so furious with what happened owing to nigerian police precedent and the way most of them act unprofessional in their duty post but after reading the story,I found out that she partly contributed to her ordeal. I am not exonerating the traffic warden for her act as she acted unprofessional. there is a better way she could have handled the situation and still make her pay for breaking the traffic law and still claiming she was right.

For those us  saying that for the fact that 95% of ngerians break traffic law and get away with it; hence, it is a norm to always break traffic law in Nigeria, please think again. The same people would go to another country and keep their traffic laws to the latter but when it comes to Nigeria is a norm to do the wrong thing.With this mindset, you still wonder why things are not changing rather they are getting worse.

Please, let us look at this issue in different perspective, one  from Beauty queen and another from the traffic warden's perspective.
Also let us not pass judgement base on sentiment and the opinion you already had for nigerian police. We should have it at the back of our minds that we can change no matter how normative and juicy our wrong doing seemed to be, we can still change for good. If you believe , just smile for me wink
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by sammytb(m): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2010
hmmmmmmmm Nigerian npolice wont kill us for naija
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by oladayo042: 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2010
zoraro:

4. After been arrested she decided to call the Chief Security Officer Government House and the Divisional Traffic Officer which were not witnesses to the incident or do they have the power to say who can flout traffic laws (another very common thing in Nigeria).

That's the Nigeria factor. The CSO will just tell the Traffic Warden; abeg leave her joo, don't you know that she is my mistress.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by lioncoolst(m): 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2010
yes there will be a revolution, a bad one because when a people are pushed to the wall continuously, but bear it because they are unarmed unprepared and uniformed, one day they risk the little they have to fight back. Its going to happen. People will not always grin and bear it. One day,

Sorry, that will never happen in Nigeria. Push a Nigerian to a wall and guess what?? He will either jump the wall or push it down. Trust me.
Facts speak for themselves. Most Nigerians are cowards!! sad cry
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by mamagee3(f): 9:12pm On Aug 28, 2010
This is one reason Nigeria will never be the same again. . .

Once again, the disgrace is even getting worst.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by lioncoolst(m): 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2010
I have absolutely no sympathy for this woman, there are too many inconsistencies in her story which it is obvious she concocted to get her audience's sympathy.

1. She's saying that since she is in a hurry she therefore  have the right to flout traffic laws (it probably was a two lane, two way street and she was driving against traffic which is a very common thing in Nigeria). If that was not the case she wouldn't give the excuse of her car over heating just to change lanes.

2. If her car was over heating why didn't she park to deal with the problem, instead her solution to over heating was to try to get to her destination quicker!

4. After been arrested she decided to call the Chief Security Officer Government House and the Divisional Traffic Officer which were not witnesses to the incident or do they have the power to say who can flout traffic laws (another very common thing in Nigeria).

5. She said plainly that she refused to be arrested, so what did she expected to get (batons are given to police officers all over the world for a reason).

From what I understand by your point, the   lady was tryn 2 claim levels with the police officer; the officer instead of getting intimated like her male counterparts will ordinarily do fired back in response,right?
if this is ur point, it is a valid argument. At least, the officer is not here to give her own side of the story.So we have 2 be careful of how we share the blames.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by lioncoolst(m): 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2010
But lastly,I do not support a police officer brutalizing an unarmed citizen. it is called assault.
Therefore, if U who r a beauty queen who I believe is educated and who has a lawyer cannot
sue for this, U will have proved my point that most Nigerians are cowards.They dont fight back,
push them to the wall and they will find a way round it.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by madprof(m): 12:02am On Aug 29, 2010
lioncoolst:

Sorry, that will never happen in Nigeria. Push a Nigerian to a wall and guess what?? He will either jump the wall or push it down. Trust me.
Facts speak for themselves. Most Nigerians are cowards!! sad cry

Quite true! Especially the bit about a Nigerian either jumping or pushing the wall. In fact instead of pushing back, a Nigerian will either bribe the pusher or start praying. Or both. That is why a revolution will not happen in this country. The moral latitude to carry out a revolution is simply lacking in us. We just aren't that kind of people, as the last 50 years have proven.
Madam Beauty Queen,
Sorry that you were assaulted. If you feel strongly about the incident (and you should) please don't hesitate to escalate it and sue the police; sue the policewomen, sue their oga, sue the division and sue the NPF. Cops in this country ought to start paying for their deeds.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by violent(m): 1:04am On Aug 29, 2010

and the reason being what?. . . .to batter traffic offenders on the face?

why then should we condemn their counterparts who shoot to kill every bus driver who fail to contribute the daily "rate". . .they were given guns for a reason too undecided

The point here is, the public is living in fear of the Police, our "friends"!

and hey, before you throw rocks at me, please note, that I, in every way, condemn the lady's lawlessness, however, i don't feel comfortable having around folks who'd beat and shoot, possibly stab {depending on mood and whatever they are armed with} civilians at the slightest provocation cos they happen to be law enforcers. . .who knows who's next!
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by kabukabu(m): 1:06am On Aug 29, 2010
Once again,you have the ever incompetent police officers in Nigeria,blatantly assaulting innocent citizens over a simple incident that should have been resolved amicably.There wasn't any need to maul the poster with the baton, they could have easily written her a citation or impounded her car,no need for any physical confrontation whatsover,another sign that the officers are poorly trained egomaniacs who are always inching at the opportunity to snap on unsuspecting citizens.

And for all you folks posting in support of the stalwart cops,how come they cops were disciplined ,if they were not at fault.cheers to the poster for recording the incident in such detail and taking photos.In this age of technology,most nigerians will spend all their minutes chatting about gossip,instead of taking pics of illegal activities/corrruption and harrasment whenever they occur.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by mfonemana(f): 7:32am On Aug 29, 2010
Sorry o! Am I the only person thinking that I am looking at a male beauty queen here? Forgive my apparent stupidity.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by henrienta: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2010
mfonemana:

Sorry o! Am I the only person thinking that I am looking at a male beauty queen here? Forgive my apparent stupidity.

infact you r so right i was waiting to see if anyone would mention it, lol shocked
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by monkeyleg: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2010
Doesnt matter if he or she is a beauty queen or ugly queen, the fact that anyone can come on here and justify what happend to this person is damn right awful. There is no reason what so ever, why a policeman or woman should assault the citizens of a country, for what in my opinion is a minor offence. The fact that people are actually defending this act, goes to show how educated we are as a people.

They say common sense these days is no longer common. I think it is obviously clear that the problem with Nigeria is not only the leaders, but more importantly the people themselves. If the truth has to be said, we are worse than the leaders we are all quick to blame
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by Teaman(m): 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2010
I think this guy was probably treated like that because he's homo. By the way, why did almost everyone on this thread missed the fact that he is a man-turn-woman?
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by dmomie(f): 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2010
mfonemana:

same here,
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by dmomie(f): 12:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
Teaman:

I think this guy was probably treated like that because he's homo. By the way, why did almost everyone on this thread missed the fact that he is a man-turn-woman?

crazy dude, Lol,
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by chelseabmw(m): 1:13pm On Aug 29, 2010
[b]i hate NPF[/b]
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by jokingmary(m): 2:30pm On Aug 29, 2010
zoraro:

1. She's saying that since she is in a hurry she therefore  have the right to flout traffic laws (it probably was a two lane, two way street and she was driving against traffic which is a very common thing in Nigeria). If that was not the case she wouldn't give the excuse of her car over heating just to change lanes.

You've really got to see the doctor undecided
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by Ayatullah(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2010
Thank God all contributors to this topic have not been fooled into believing that the 'BEAUTY QUEEN' is not a female, but a real male! I took my time to read all the threads. Thank God for the brilliance of MFONEMANA, HENRIENTA and about two others.

I want to believe that the rate at which Nigerians watch drama have made them lose touch with reality, that is why a lot of people cannot discern things again, and some people readily buy cooked up stories.

No wonder a lot of people are defrauded in Naija.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by knotty(m): 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2010
Fig 4 the Uwenjah Fashion Show 09 scheduled for that evening at All Seasons Hotel Owerri

Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by marcus1234: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2010
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by lioncoolst(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2010
Thank God all contributors to this topic have not been fooled into believing that the 'BEAUTY QUEEN' is not a female, but a real male! I took my time to read all the threads. Thank God for the brilliance of MFONEMANA, HENRIENTA and about two others.

I want to believe that the rate at which Nigerians watch drama have made them lose touch with reality, that is why a lot of people cannot discern things again, and some people readily buy cooked up stories.

No wonder a lot of people are defrauded in Naija.

but a real male Now, How did u discover that? If u cannot justify ur assertion, then that's sad sad

whether the story is cooked up or not, these things are real. Didnt you see the post accompanied with video of how soldiers were brutalizing okada men?
One of them was even made to roll inside mud water!!! shocked shocked shocked. What do U say to that? I think we need to learn how to reason form all angles b4 jumping
to conclusions, ok? Cheers.
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 29, 2010
The reason why I want 100 Nigeria police officer shot to death in a week?
Re: How Police Brutalized A Beauty Queen by tpiah: 10:36pm On Aug 29, 2010
^^if you get braggado why not go to russia and take on some neo nazis.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thugs Attack Thunder Blowers Online In Zamfara, Wound Editor, Destroy Tools / Www.paxful.com Is A Fraud And Scammer Site, The Founder Is A Scammer / More Rape Videos Flood Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.