Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,071 members, 7,821,677 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" (31936 Views)

The Making Of The "7 Bedrooms High Ceiling Bungalow" In Anambra / The Making Of The "Enugu Block Of 12 Flats Of 1 Bedroom Apartments" / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:59am On Dec 25, 2019
Chygoman:
Please I need the contact information including phone number for spyder880. Thanks

You can reach me on 080 333 50 750. (Voice, text or WhatsApp) Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:23am On Dec 25, 2019
dam4sam:

@Spyder
I was just waiting for the casted roof to be completed, before asking you to explain the reason for that decision.

Now, on the issue of overhanging electric wires across the building, as much as it makes sense to use something that cannot be electrified, l think there are better options that doing a complete decking!

1.) Re-routing the wires to avod the roof area, by buying additional one of two electric poles and routing the wires through them to circumvent the roof areas.
Mind you, this owner could have problems in the future as it is illegal to have electric cables passing over buildings, an absolute no-no with building authorities

2.) Using this breakable, "asbestos-like" roofing sheets; l cant remember what they are called but they are non-conducting, in place of iron/aluminium roofing sheets.

The biggets problem that BQ will have is the heat that they will face inside!
I have lived in a building with decked roof (overflow where we use to relax in the night, watching and gazing at the stars and some areas of it was used for Water tanks).
From around 2pm in the afternoon, you cannot stay inside the house, even with all windows opened (or with AC blasting and windows closed!) because[b] it was basically an oven. Even when air was blowing freely, the air was hot.
If you blast the fan, it is as if somebody is spraying you with hot air.[/b]
The walls facing the sun in the evening were the worst, they get hot till as late as 2:30am in the midnight, after which it gradually starts cooling down and once it is sunrise, the problem starts again.
If you go out to work in the morning and house is partially closed (doors, and some windows, in case it rains), by the time you come back, any raw item on the kitchen table is COOKED!
Butter is melted and PVC items like soles or shoes begin to decompose and just breakdown into powder (I lost a few Italian shoes to this disaster before l realised it was the cuase!
Anything that is held together with gum, gets detached as the gum loses grip at such temperatures!
Silicone used in electronics, starts to dissolve inside the equipment.

At a point, it began to affect the health of we occupants as our body temperature is always above normal.
Our Doctor said we were literally "cooking ourselves and internal organs"!
Until we had another building built, moved into that, l then have to remove all the roof deckings.

The otherside ot this problem, as you mentioned, is the depth of cold, on rainy or cloudy days.
It goes from extreme heat on sunny days, to damaging cold on rainy days, especially at night.

Trust me, from experience (l lived under these conditions for almost ten years!), l would never for any reason, allow anyone to deck their roof, except they are going to cover it from the direct impact of the sun.
And the sun we have in Nigeria, under the current "climate change" is hotter than hellfire itself. grin grin

You are doing a great Job Spyder but please, advice this house owner again, its not too late to save the health of the occupants of that BQ, even if they are poor gatemen or shop assistants.

Very good points Sir, I have also witnessed first hand, the inconveniences of living under a decked space without cover, but don't you think coating the deck with a light, reflective sheeting can throw off the heat and reduce the glare of the sun from the top? Then we have to use a ceiling type that can absorb the heat of the sun without transferring it to the room. POP is good at that.

The problem with the electrical poles is that it supplies other homes in the same area, relocation of the pole might mean removing it from the line it is. A roofed house has been existing under the wires at the very spot we rebuilt and decked, and power regulators didn't complain. Will they start complaining now there is less risk of electrocution?

I am also looking at your suggestion for another type of roofing material that can provide same insulation, like an asbestos type cover. But our choosing concrete decking was done to provide other services, the risk of fires spreading, and the need for security, as decking can hardly be breached by burglars.

Thank you, and please keep the suggestions coming, I am learning a lot more from these points. Merry Christmas bro.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:26am On Dec 25, 2019
Painting our fence rails for this house.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:31am On Dec 25, 2019
We are also reworking the curling stairs in this house, we need to make the stairs more user friendly.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:32am On Dec 25, 2019
More works done on second flight of stairs in the living room

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 7:42am On Dec 25, 2019
Let me use this opportunity to thank you all, my clients, my customers, my suppliers, my workers, my readers and all my friends and family, you all have been amazing this past year 2019, I cannot find the right words to express how I feel for all your wonderful support and encouragement. May the good lord continue to bless, preserve, lift you up to heights you never thought you can attain, and may good health, prosperity and God's protection be your inheritance from now till forever. Amen.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a happy new year.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Osinachiadinma: 11:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
Any more updates please?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
Osinachiadinma:
Any more updates please?

Many.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2020
The completed curling stairs.........

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2020
We have also mounted the fence rails in this site.......

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Osinachiadinma: 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2020
I hope they will cover the beautiful fence rails before plastering to avoid messing it up.
Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Osinachiadinma: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
The staircase is looking more beautiful now. Well done

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Timtol(m): 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
spyder880:
The completed curling stairs.........
Lovely!
cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 11:10am On Mar 01, 2020
Making gate column reinforcement rods for the gates in this house.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 11:12am On Mar 01, 2020
Then standing the pillars, and casting with good concrete.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 11:14am On Mar 01, 2020
We will stand these gates by next week........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by omanzo02: 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
Spyder,
Are there no adjustable platform or decking support like in the picture for hire in Nigeria, we are just busy cutting all the bamboo and trees and we don't replace them by planting new ones.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
omanzo02:
Spyder,
Are there no adjustable platform or decking support like in the picture for hire in Nigeria, we are just busy cutting all the bamboo and trees and we don't replace them by planting new ones.

There are. I am sure we have so many types of adjustable metal scaffolds and supports in every part of the country. The problem is with the cost of doing the scaffolds and the cost of storage, transportation to the next site and maintenance.

When we try to place this option alongside the bamboo option, the bamboo option wins on lower costs, now, house owners won't care one way or the other, they just want a reduced budget.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
Carpentry works done on the gate columns today........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
We had stood the gates.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 10:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
Concrete cast of the column bases ........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by ak22(m): 10:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
spyder880:
We had stood the gates.......

What size is this gate sir ?
Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:39am On Mar 08, 2020
ak22:

What size is this gate sir ?

13 feet wide.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by Osinachiadinma: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2020
Well done Spyder880 and team. I hope they will clean the gate after the casting? I can see some cement stains already grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:45am On Mar 08, 2020
Osinachiadinma:
Well done Spyder880 and team. I hope they will clean the gate after the casting? I can see some cement stains already grin

Yes, we will ensure we wash off the cement after concrete cast.
Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2020
We have cast the gate pillars in this house.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
Side gate......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:14am On Mar 15, 2020
Mounting the 3rd gate pillar .........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 9:16am On Mar 15, 2020
The side gate fully mounted......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:47pm On Mar 21, 2020
We are going to build a gate roof in this site. The gate roof will have same parapet design to match the main building........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2020
We have already assembled the materials needed to build the gate roof. More updates as from tomorrow........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Enugu Urban 5 Bedroom Duplex" by spyder880(m): 6:54am On Mar 23, 2020
Forming the wood for the beams.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

3 Storey Building Collapses In Lagos Island This Morning. Residents Trapped / The Making Of The "White Penthouse" In Anambra / How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.