Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Waiting On The Lord! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Waiting On The Lord! (267 Views)

Waiting On God / Waiting On GOD / Waiting On The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Waiting On The Lord! by FreshGreen: 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2019
WAITING ON THE LORD!

1 Samuel 13:8-10 “Then he waited seven days, according to the time set by Samuel. But Samuel did not come to Gilgal; and the people were scattered from him. 9 So Saul said, “Bring a burnt offering and peace offerings here to me.” And he offered the burnt offering. 10 Now it happened, as soon as he had finished presenting the burnt offering, that Samuel came; and Saul went out to meet him, that he might greet him.”

If you are a child of God, you must wait on the Lord and continue to wait on Him until the end. When things are not working as supposed, you must wait on the Lord; when time seems wasting out of the appointed time, you must wait on the Lord. When people are walking away from you, you must wait on the Lord. When you are wandering what could have gone wrong, you must wait on the Lord. When you ask “why” and no response from God, you must wait on the Lord.

Waiting on the Lord is not a waste of time as many people may see it, it’s not because you are weak or ignorant or lazy as people may say it, but it’s because you are wise in the Lord. While others are being smart with worldly wisdom and doing short cut, you need the wisdom of the Lord by waiting on Him.

Waiting on the Lord is the wisdom for successful and victorious living.

The only alternative for waiting on the Lord is to wander away and waste God’s grace and glorious destiny just as king Saul did; but you will not want to be stupid to opt for such alternative, you will not want to become another king Saul of this generation.

King Saul was favoured by God, he was appointed by God, he was anointed by God, but he wasted everything because he could not wait on the Lord till the end.

1 Samuel 13:11-14: And Samuel said, “What have you done?”
Saul said, “When I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that you did not come within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered together at Michmash, 12 then I said, ‘The Philistines will now come down on me at Gilgal, and I have not made supplication to the LORD.’ Therefore I felt compelled, and offered a burnt offering.”

13 And Samuel said to Saul, “You have done foolishly. You have not kept the commandment of the LORD your God, which He commanded you. For now the LORD would have established your kingdom over Israel forever. 14 But now your kingdom shall not continue. The LORD has sought for Himself a man after His own heart, and the LORD has commanded him to be commander over His people, because you have not kept what the LORD commanded you.”

What are you waiting on the Lord for in your life? And it seems the whole world is walking away from you or it looks the time is wasting away on you? You might have been waiting on the Lord for long and now it seems you are weak or wary of wait any longer, but you still have to wait so that your waiting all these while will not be a waste, so that Satan will not waste your destiny. If God will not do it, who will do it? Satan will give you his offer to wander away from waiting on the Lord, but can you bear the consequences and the lost at the end?

Waiting on the Lord is not easy, but it is peaceful, secure and successful at the end. When you trust God for everything, even when it seems late with you, He will turn it to the latest for you, because He controls time and seasons.

Wait in the will of the Lord, continue to wait in the way of God in righteousness without compromise even if everyone is walking away from you, even though the world is seeing you as foolish – the Lord is your wisdom, even though you are weak or wary – the Lord will renew your strength and surprise you with the best. Wait on the Lord in prayer and praises!

“He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might He increases strength.
30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
31 But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.”

- Isaiah 40:29-31

This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries - RTEM. If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus or to rededicate your life to Jesus, please click on this link and read https://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-to-be-saved-and-start-a-new-life-in-jesus/270674586372252

1 Like

Re: Waiting On The Lord! by Aphroditee(f): 10:28pm On Feb 26, 2019
ok

(1) (Reply)

You Don't Just Resemble Christ. You Are Exactly Like Christ On Earth. / Tithing Is Compulsory. / The Fruits Of The Spirit A Heavenly Diet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.