Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Why Atiku Lost The 2019 Nigerian Presidential Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku Lost The 2019 Nigerian Presidential Elections (544 Views)

Why Is Mike Ozekhome Laughing Even After Atiku Lost At Supreme Court? / BREAKING: Contrary To Earlier Report That Atiku Lost His Polling Unit / 2019: Nigerian Prostitutes Back Saraki, Reveal Why Buhari Must Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atiku Lost The 2019 Nigerian Presidential Elections by smeag0l(m): 9:05am On Feb 27, 2019
It is no longer new that president Muhammadu Buhari has won the 2019 Nigerian presidential elections edging his closest rival Atiku Abubakar by close to 4 million votes. I will give a summary of what, I think , made Atiku lose this elections. I would not want to talk about rigging here because both major political parties actually do that and if the elections were fair , I think the result wouldn't have changed even though the margin might.
First and foremost, people like Wike were non-chalant about helping him win because he felt he bought the PDP primaries with his dollars and he felt aggrieved because his preferred candidate (Tambuwal) did not win.
Secondly, people like David Umahi, though in PDP, worked against him because he wasn't happy he chose Obi instead of Ekweremadu as running mate
Thirdly, people like Kwankwaso just kept deceiving him by renting paid crowds all over the north. I once asked two to three northerners what their opinion was about both Buhari and Atiku prior to the elections, their response was that though Buhari performed poorly but they still preferred him to Atiku who has stolen much of their wealth already. One of them who is an engineer friend of mine from Jigawa and also a colleague mentioned that Northerners value integrity more than wealth and that they feel Atiku has no integrity. He firther said that if the contest was between Buhari and Tambuwal then they would be reconsidering. This later reflected in the results as it was only in Sokoto amongst the Northwestern states that Atiku got up to forty percent of the total votes cast.
Fourth on my list is the fact that Peter Obi didn't help matters because he was busy castigating the anambra state government of Willy Obiano in his campaigns instead of talking about his national agenda.
Fifth point-Nnamdi Kanu threw spanner in the works by telling his followers who are majorly constituted by villagers and traders in ariaria, onitsha and Alaba to sit at home before cancelling it few days to the elections and even told them Atiku is from Cameroon.
Sixth-Akpabio, Uduaghan, Orji Uzor Kalu, Timipre Silva, Obong Victor Attah, Senator Omo-Agege, Amaechi, Okorocha and Oshiomhole all dimmed Atiku's chances in the SS and SE.This point and the previous two made sure there aren't any bloc votes coming from any South south or south eastern state.
The final nail in the coffin ,however, came when Atiku said he'll sell NNPC-A company that's a home for the children of the elite and educated northerners.

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Lost The 2019 Nigerian Presidential Elections by Akachukwu42(m): 9:06am On Feb 27, 2019
Vvv
Re: Why Atiku Lost The 2019 Nigerian Presidential Elections by 360degreess(m): 9:06am On Feb 27, 2019
e
Re: Why Atiku Lost The 2019 Nigerian Presidential Elections by Ekakamba: 9:10am On Feb 27, 2019
This election don born ANALYSTS oooo grin tongue
Re: Why Atiku Lost The 2019 Nigerian Presidential Elections by helinues: 9:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Integrity - It requires years to pay off . After paying off no stopping.

Graduates from the school of thoughts.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Lost The 2019 Nigerian Presidential Elections by stephleena(f): 9:13am On Feb 27, 2019
Akwukwo...the election was between two muslims but the northerners went for the fanatical Muslim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Lost The 2019 Nigerian Presidential Elections by nans24: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2019

(1) (Reply)

The Impact Of Npower And N-SIP Beneficiaries And Families To Buhari Reelection / Leave Atiku Alone, Go And Beg Nigerians - Chima Christian / *catholic Priest Cautions Those Defending President Buhari* ___________________

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.