Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Pig Farming - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Pig Farming (3757 Views)

How To Start Pig Farming In Nigeria / Agrobusiness Investment - Pig Farming / Urgent: What I Need About Pig Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 7:24am On Apr 09, 2019
There is a saying, 'You can't fatten a pig on market day'. This saying is very true but we also want you to understand that just putting pigs in a paddock with whatever cheap feed is available (even if it is in generous supply) is probably not going to produce healthy, marketable pigs or much profit.

You will learn quickly that nutrition plays a key role in the success, or failure, of your pig business. It's a bit of a science but with a good understanding of the basics you can make it work for you. Nutrition isn't just about growing the best carcass. There is an important connection between what and how much you feed your pigs and their health and resistance to disease.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 7:48am On Apr 10, 2019
Housing. ...
Feeding. ...
Breeding. ...
Marketing.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 9:45am On Apr 11, 2019
How to make money farming Pigs
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 7:13am On Apr 12, 2019
where to buy pastured pork?
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 8:08am On Apr 13, 2019
So while we are on the subject of nutrition we need to talk about pasture as a feed source.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 12:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
HELLO WORLD
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 5:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
hello i have something with you holla me
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 4:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
Farming is growing crops or keeping animals by people for food and raw materials. Farming is a part of agriculture.

Agriculture started thousands of years ago, but no one knows for sure how old it is.[1] The development of farming gave rise to the Neolithic Revolution whereby people gave up nomadic hunting and became settlers in what became cities.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 10:58am On Apr 17, 2019
10 reasons farming is the best profession in the world...
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 7:36am On Apr 18, 2019
<1>Satisfaction
"Without farmers, the whole world would be in a very sticky situation. To be part of that is very satisfying. I've seen cattle, sheep and pigs born in my life - and I still get a 'buzz' from leaning on a gate and watching a new life come into the world
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2019
,<2> Source of livelihood
The main source livelihood of many people is agriculture. Approximately 70 % of the people directly rely on agriculture as a mean of living. This high percentage in agriculture is as a result of none development of non-agricultural activities to absorb the fast-growing population. However, most people in developed countries do not engage in agriculture.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 10:24am On Apr 20, 2019
<3/>Contribution to National revenue...
Agriculture is the main source of national income for most developing countries. However, for the developed countries, agriculture contributes a smaller per cent age to their national income.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2019
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 9:49am On Apr 22, 2019
CONTD 10 reasons farming is the best profession in the world... As shown above, agriculture is a good source of income; people in the rural area are reaping its benefits. In addition, agriculture create business opportunity for individuals and organization looking to practice it. How?

As well as you may be aware, success in business comes when you are able to provide solution to people’s problems. Being able to meet the demand for food, raw materials and other agriculture products will create wealth to those involve in the business.

Obviously, there is money to be made in agriculture. If not, the likes of Bill gate (world’s richest man) and Larry Ellison (CEO of the global computer technology, Oracle) will not venture into the agriculture business. just listed 5 billionaire that has ties to the agriculture industry.

You may argue that these billionaires are foreign rich people……. well, let me come back to the Africa continent; I can categorically tell you that Dangote (Richest man in Nigeria that double up as the richest black man) invest heavily in agriculture. As a matter of fact, most of his income are generated from agriculture products.

In the light of this, I can tell you that there are various business opportunities in Nigeria when it comes to agriculture; that is to say, it leads the way on business and investment opportunities.

Another very important aspect of the business that exist within the agriculture sector is the exportation of agriculture product. You can read more on Nijaopportunity.

Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 7:39am On Apr 23, 2019
<4/>Economic Development
Truly, there is no way we’ll talk about the Importance of Agriculture in Nigeria without talking about its role in the economic development of the country. To begin with, let us look at other income generating sector to the Nigeria economy.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 10:55am On Apr 24, 2019
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We all know agriculture plays major role in employment opportunity..create Opportunity for yourself and other, when you start agricultural farming you'll be a boss of yourself and others
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
<<6>Supply of Food
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 7:40am On Apr 26, 2019
<7>>>Marketable Surplus
The growth of agricultural sector contributes to marketable surplus. Many people engage in manufacturing, mining as well as other non- agricultural sector as the nation develops. All these individuals rely on food production that they might meet from the nation’s marketable surplus. As agricultural sector development takes place, production increases and this leads to expansion of marketable surplus. This may be exported to other nations.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2019
<7>Marketable Surplus
The growth of agricultural sector contributes to marketable surplus. Many people engage in manufacturing, mining as well as other non- agricultural sector as the nation develops. All these individuals rely on food production that they might meet from the nation’s marketable surplus. As agricultural sector development takes place, production increases and this leads to expansion of marketable surplus. This may be exported to other nations.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 7:54am On Apr 30, 2019
<8> foreign exchange reserve
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 11:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
<<<<9>>Source of Saving
Development in agriculture may also increase savings. The rich farmers we see today started saving particularly after green revolution. This surplus quantity may be invested further in the agriculture sector to develop the sector.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 7:48am On May 01, 2019
<<10>Significance in Transport
Bulks of agricultural products are transported by railways and roadways from farm to factories. Mostly, internal trade is in agricultural products. Moreover, the revenue of the government, to a larger extent, relies on the success of agricultural sector.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 8:46am On May 02, 2019
through out last week we talked about few importance of agriculture, this week we are going to focus on piggery farming
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 1:13pm On May 03, 2019
hello everyone in the house
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 7:42am On May 04, 2019
Pig farming are easy to farm
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 10:41pm On May 05, 2019
Go through

Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 2:11pm On May 06, 2019
I'll be using 4 parameters to analyze poultry farming in Nigeria
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 2:12pm On May 06, 2019
I'll be using 4 parameters to analyze Piggery farming in Nigeria....
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 5:24pm On May 07, 2019
Piggery Farming Made easy for Nigerians
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 8:23am On May 08, 2019
GET PRACTICAL INFORMATION ABOUT PIGGERYFARMING
That said, there is a right and wrong way to go about catfish farming.

The fact is that a lot of Piggery farmers remain unprofitable because they are doing things the wrong way. I want to put a stop to that,but I have something better for you; you can learn directly from my teacher, who has recorded up to 120% profit in 6 months. Visit naija opportunity to learn directly from him!
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 11:44am On May 09, 2019
I’ve been a commercial Piggery farmer for over a year now, and it is one highly profitable business; having a 50% profit margin within a span of 6 months is normal, if you do things right, and having a profit margin of 150%+ within this same period is not unusual.
Re: Pig Farming by rockh2065: 2:24pm On May 11, 2019
Piggery Farm industry has grown rapidly in past few years

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mutual Grant.... / How You Can Gain $16,000 In Less Than Two Years Safely. / Download LOCAL & INTERNATIONAL EMAIL LIST, GSM NUMBERS DATABASE, GIFTCARD & M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.