Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner (490 Views)

Wike: No Understanding Yet To Support Any Presidential Candidate / Ngige: Why I Can’t Support Any Presidential Candidate / 2023: Don’t Direct Yoruba To Support Any Aspirant - Obasanjo Advises Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by geadom6: 4:08pm On Feb 27, 2019
I know it is painful. I supported Atiku the much I could but the truth is that we have been beaten by Buhari.

Three states results will demonstrate why the system should not be overheated. The states are Anambra where Atiku won by over 480,000 votes, Adamawa his own state where he won by merely less than 35,000 votes. Another one is Buhari’s Katsina where Atiku lost with over 900,000 votes.

A quick lesson is that we cannot want Atiku more than his own Fulani people. It's like a football game where we lost to a referee.

Four years is not too far. By then, Buhari would have proven his capacity to do what he is presently doing beyond all reasonable doubt. His regime cannot hurt Igbos more than what we are feeling now. We are far better economically than even his own people except few appointed with political appointments.

Atiku and Buhari are brothers. Their kinsmen prefer Buhari to Atiku and we can see it in their choice. Note that there has not been any riot in the north since the results started being announced as compared to 2011 when a wrong person won. Even the insurgents in Kebbi and Borno took a recess to submit their results.

Why then must Igbo cry more than Fulani nation?

Only a foolish Igboman would accept that his head be used to appease the land. Who will now inhabit the cleansed land?

For those Igbo supporters of Buhari, I say congratulations to you. What next? I sincerely wish you more appointments in the military, police, DSS, NIA, NIS and customs. But you are not incompetent as Buhari will continue making his appointments on “merit”.
Sadly enough most of you are not appointable.

Even as shortsighted as you are, we love you all. You are still our beloved brothers and sisters. People like you keep wine tappers in our land in business.

It is noteworthy that we need a peaceful Nigeria to do our business and mad our madness. So, dabbling into Buhari and his brother’s fight should not be our priority.

Many of us still remember that it was Atiku, Saraki, Galadima etc who in 2015 gave the monkey the cup full of honey. How do they think that it would be easy to snatch it from him? Four years is here with us by which time all the old brigade would have retired or died.

Let our elected representatives work with MNK to push for a restructured country so as to realize our potentials since it is obvious that we cannot achieve greatness under the current structure.

I have bought my laughing chair where I will sit to watch all those that rode on the back of the lion being used one after the other for supper once they start getting impatient with dividends of support of Oga. I would love to watch our southern neighbours when they are told, “you cannot have it in 2023, you want Igbos to secede?”

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by Abdulhakeem78(m): 4:09pm On Feb 27, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari, Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. (2015-2023)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by stephleena(f): 4:11pm On Feb 27, 2019
hahahahaha...We dey observe oo.. Buhari can never hand over to Osibanjo.. if PDP presents another northerner,Even Buhari will secretly campaign for him..
Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by whitebeard(m): 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
Lets stop this "igbo"...

When u mention peoples tribe like this it breeds tribalism..! At least some people in the north, west and south didnt vote buhari..! we need to move past the old generation..! Lets create unity for ourselves..!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 27, 2019
Excellent post.
Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by Corrosiveman(m): 4:16pm On Feb 27, 2019
GOOD.....IGBOS SHOULD STOP WAILING!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by limeta(f): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2019
Even the insurgents in Kebbi and Borno took a recess to submit their results. 

You see oo
Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by Asshurbanipal: 5:45pm On Feb 27, 2019
Igbos will actually sit in their shops making money and laughing at the suffering of senseless voters
Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by ugobestMusic: 11:18pm On Feb 27, 2019
Babiala
Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by ugobestMusic: 11:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
Abdulhakeem78:
President Muhammadu Buhari, Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. (2015-2023)

Abdulhakeem78:
President Muhammadu Buhari, Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. (2015-2023

Abdulhakeem78:

Una go Taya, olodo norther, see almajiri for your corner..see boko Haram...see poverty, see illiteracy....tufia!!! I spit!!!!!! Enjoy your next level in dead ignorance...after all the common northerners eat the crumbs that fall from the table of their elites...babiala next level...imbeciles...

Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by ugobestMusic: 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2019
Abdulhakeem78:

Una go Taya, olodo norther, see almajiri for your corner..see boko Haram...see poverty, see illiteracy....tufia!!! I spit!!!!!! Enjoy your next level in dead ignorance...after all the common northerners eat the crumbs that fall from the table of their elites...babiala next level...imbeciles...
Re: Reasons Why Igbos Should Not Support Any Uprising As Buhari Been Declared Winner by kayfra: 11:32pm On Feb 27, 2019
Tribal garbage. Clanish thinking. More Yorubas and Northerners voted for PDP. Where do you put them?

Think economic ideology rather than your shallow savage thinking. Atiku stood for a market based economy and Buhari stands for government controlled economy. Get your thinking past medieval tribalism

(1) (Reply)

Another Nollywood Movie Debuts On Netflix / Apc Strikes Deal With Apc North East Governors To Rig Kano Re-run / ‘OSUN Is Dying’ – Oluwo Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.