Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

5050go's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 5050go's Profile / 5050go's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Family / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Maybe he's married back home. And his family don't know about you and your mum.

I think you should dig deeper. Lots of good suggestions already on this thread . .

This makes sense to me. He may have a family he abandoned at home and wouldn't want anyone poking around.
Family / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
mariahAngel:

Then what's the point...? undecided

Save yourself some stress Mr America because you don't deserve to know.

Are you slow �? The point is learning grandparents identity nothing else nothing more.
Family / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Try and remain an American, I guess that's what you dad wants you to be..

He doesn't see you as a nigerian..

I'm not a Nigerian. I'm an American. I dont want to be a Nigerian. I want to know who my paternal grandparents are. I don't think I'm asking for a mountain but I respect your opinion.
Family / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 4:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
I understand that there are people born less fortunate then me. I'm incredibly blessed and grateful. I still want to know who my paternal grandparents were.

I really don't think I'm asking for so much but I respect your opinion.

1 Like

Family / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
AmuDimpka:

oh. now I see...first thing,look for igbo association....you are Igbo first before Americans

you will get igbo association in USA then they will help you out

Thank you, I will do just that.
Family / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 12:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
AmuDimpka:

stop being a kid

don't you have a surname?

use your surnames to know your village

go to nkweree...the king son is my friend...he would help

I'm not a kid. Im an American so I'm unfamiliar with Nigeria and traveling its parts.

But thank you, I will travel there and get to the bottom of things.

1 Like

Family / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 12:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
Twenty8:
ya issa whiny whine lika biyatchwink

Insulting me over the internet. You're a coward.

3 Likes

Family / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 11:57am On Aug 27, 2020
Ajilla:
exactly what an old man just told me this morning

I will travel there and get to the bottom of things.
Family / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 11:56am On Aug 27, 2020
Ajilla:
An older man I was just talking to about ur predicament just said something to me that doesn't make any sense to me but might make sense to you or other nairalanders. He said, ur father might have died without fulfilling what he came to this life for, so he relocated to another place to start a family. That once a member/members of his family who knows of his death gets to find out abt him being alive. That's d end of Solomon Grundy. That he wldnt even allow them see him with their eyes or even say goodbye to u guys before vanishing

Are you saying that he faked his death?
Family / My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 11:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

I'm distraught. My father refuses to tell me the names of his father and mother. I dont know my grandmother or grandfathers name and have never seen a picture of them. I find this state of being unnatural and it gives me stress.

Why won't he tell me? Sometimes, I think he is ashamed but I could be wrong.

He is from Imo state, Nkwerre
Culture / Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. by 5050go: 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
I dont know of any uncles or aunties by name. He has mentioned a younger brother in London.

I dont know of any cousins.

I do know the state and village.

Imo State, Nkwerre

I am 34 years old. Ive tried asking him multiple times but he just changes the subject to Igbo people in general or says when we're together he'll tell me in person. Im intrested in Igbo in general but more interested in direct family.

He did not commit to my mother which I do not take shame in as he has multiple children throughout the US that he has not taken care of at all. He came to the US to become a doctor but did not finish medical school for some reason.
Culture / My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me His Father And Mother Names. by 5050go: 11:25pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hi,

I'm distraught. My father refuses to tell me the names of his father and mother. I dont know my grandmother or grandfathers name and have never seen a picture of them. I find this state of being unnatural and it gives me stress.

Why won't he tell me? Sometimes, I think he is ashamed but I could be wrong.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.