Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family (1526 Views)

I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / "My Igbo Wife Reported Me To Dubai Police Claiming Rape, I Was Jailed": Man Says / Lady Calls Out Igbo Father For Putting Her Husband In Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
5050go:

I'm not a Nigerian. I'm an American. I dont want to be a Nigerian. I want to know who my paternal grandparents are. I don't think I'm asking for a mountain but I respect your opinion.

Good, leave all issues and continue with your American identity.

You may not like what you want to unravel. To me there is a reason he wants to disconnect the link.
Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by mariahAngel(f): 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2020
5050go:

I'm not a Nigerian. I'm an American. I dont want to be a Nigerian. I want to know who my paternal grandparents are. I don't think I'm asking for a mountain but I respect your opinion.

Then what's the point...? undecided

Save yourself some stress Mr America because you don't deserve to know.
Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 9:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
mariahAngel:

Then what's the point...? undecided

Save yourself some stress Mr America because you don't deserve to know.

Are you slow �? The point is learning grandparents identity nothing else nothing more.
Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by mariahAngel(f): 9:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
5050go:

Are you slow �? The point is learning grandparents identity nothing else nothing more.

Are you insane?
You are an American indeed...it's in your attitude.

Like I told earlier, you don't deserve to know period.
Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by UjuJoan2: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
5050go:

Maybe he's married back home. And his family don't know about you and your mum.

I think you should dig deeper. Lots of good suggestions already on this thread . .

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Father Refuses To Tell Me About His Family by 5050go: 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Maybe he's married back home. And his family don't know about you and your mum.

I think you should dig deeper. Lots of good suggestions already on this thread . .

This makes sense to me. He may have a family he abandoned at home and wouldn't want anyone poking around.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letter To Young People. / Help A Busy Workaholic Wife & Mum / Best Birthday Gift For A Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.