Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court (35872 Views)

Samson Siasia: Life-Ban Reduced To Five Years By Court Of Arbitration For Sport / Okocha Reacts To Super Eagles 3 - 2 Win Over Cameroon / Adegboye Onigbinde And Anne's Marriage Dissolved By Court After 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by hitng(m): 7:56am On Feb 28, 2019
Former Super Eagles captain, Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha yesterday said he was never contacted over his alleged failure to pay income tax before a Lagos court issued a bench warrant for his arrest.

Many local and international media celebrated the order by a Lagos High Court in Igbosere for Okocha’s arrest earlier in the week.

He was taken to court by the Lagos State Ministry of Justice on a three-count charge bordering on failure to furnish return of income.

But Okocha spoke for the first time yesterday when he told The Guardian in a telephone chat that he was never contacted by anybody regarding income taxes. “I only read about it on the pages of newspapers.
No one contacted me. As a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I know very well that nobody is above the law. But honestly speaking, I was never contacted by anybody on issues before the court order.”

The former Bolton of England midfielder, and member of Super Eagles squad to Tunisia ’94 and Atlanta ’96 Olympics, however hinted that the issue had been settled. “It has been settled, but I won’t be able to give you details,” he stated.

The Guardian recalls that the prosecutor, Dr. Jide Martins, had stated that he filed the charge on June 6, 2017, adding that the case came up for the first time on October 5, 2017 but the defendant (Okocha) did not appear in court.

It led to several adjournments before he urged the court to issue a bench warrant.
Justice Adedayo Akintoye has adjourned the case until April 15 for the execution of the bench warrant and further hearing.

Meanwhile, Okocha, regarded as one of the best African players of all time, has called on two ex-internationals, Edema Fuludu and Victor Ikpeba, and others involved in the chairmanship tussle for the Delta Football Association to apply wisdom. Okocha is the immediate past chairman of DFA.

https://www.hitng.info/okocha-breaks-silence-after-court-issued-bench-warrant-for-his-arrest/

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by dangermouse(m): 8:24am On Feb 28, 2019
J.J,humible to the core. Truly one of the all time great!

14 Likes

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by tammyboy1(m): 8:28am On Feb 28, 2019
Legend, he was so good, they had to name him twice

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2019
Pay your tax Mr Jay Jay.

You too should go and sue Bukola Saraki to return your 1 BILLION Naira he stole from you, through his bank years ago, which could be worth 100 BILLION Naira now!!
No more immunity for the criminal

dangermouse:
J.J,humible to the core. Truly one of the all time great!
tammyboy1:
They are talking about the fact he should pay his tax, these ones are talking about how good he was as a soccer player!

If to say na so Spanish people dey hail Ronaldo and Messi, will they pay the millions of pound sterling they owed the Spanish government through tax?!
Nigerian youths and misplaced priority sha.
They dont know when to comment or shut up!

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by wuta(m): 10:31am On Feb 28, 2019
Good morning my fellow nairalanders please help a brother my name is Abraham Paul I need your assistance to raise 10K to buy a master's degree form at ABU Zaria which it will be closed in 3days time
My bank account is 0027417411 GTB
Thanks and God bless you all

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by OBAGADAFFI: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2019
grin
Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 28, 2019
Thief.nubu the owner of Alpha Beta that collects 10% commission on taxes in Lagos State taxes doesn't play with his money. Okocha's action was capable of reducing the number of bullion vans from two to one that gets delivered to Bourdillion.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by equalgarden(m): 10:32am On Feb 28, 2019
Now he can hold saraki neck for his money in society general,pay back time.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by nnemmpi(m): 10:32am On Feb 28, 2019
JJ
Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by xana101: 10:32am On Feb 28, 2019
JJ go and pay ur tax. It pays to pay ur tax. After all, u have money. Not me that's still suffering from change and next level. I'll never paid my tax since 2015.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by Muscomide: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2019
tammyboy1:

Yawn......
Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by patchsk(f): 10:33am On Feb 28, 2019
Buhari is avery big phool

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by mycar: 10:34am On Feb 28, 2019
Was he interested in politics?
Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 10:34am On Feb 28, 2019
hmmm.
check my signature
Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by Adaezeike: 10:36am On Feb 28, 2019
Humble young man.

Please patronize me i sell snail. live snail at affordable prize in Lagos.

Call 08029780170 to Place your order.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by Viergeachar: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2019
K
Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2019
patchsk:
Buhari is avery big phool
na wa o

1 Like

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by ugochiwe23: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2019
smiley smiley
Advertise your brand on BRT buses at very affordable rates today!!
Connect your brand with your target audience on the streets as we help deliver an innovative and cost effective out-of-home media service that connects and engage audiences.
Your brand deserves this kind of massive brand exposure that outdoor transit advertising offers as there is no barrier between you brand and your target audience, you are always in their face as the buses ply their daily route which immensely leads to brand awareness and brand recall.
We give his platform at a very affordable price, and this package includes
• Print
• Rental
• Deployment
• Monthly POP report
• Dedicated team
This is what your brand have been waiting for, call today to enquire about the various packages.

smiley smiley

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by OTayobami(m): 10:37am On Feb 28, 2019
TheGreenLand:
Pay your tax Mr Jay Jay.

You too should go and sue Bukola Saraki to return your 1 BILLION Naira he stole from you, through his bank years ago, which could be worth 100 BILLION Naira now!!

They are talking about the fact he should pay his tax, these ones are talking about how good he was as a soccer player!

If to say na so Spanish people dey hail Ronaldo and Messi, will they pay the millions they owed the Spanish government through tax?!

I've been watching you since morning, you never drop one sensible comment for here

9 Likes

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by lomprico(m): 10:38am On Feb 28, 2019
TheGreenLand:
Pay your tax Mr Jay Jay.

If to say na so Spanish people dey hail Ronaldo and Messi, will they pay the millions of pound sterling they owed the Spanish government through tax?!

He said the issue has been "settled" why are u still eating yourself up?

13 Likes

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by Pavore9: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2019
TheGreenLand:
Pay your tax Mr Jay Jay.

Saraki's family gulped down depositors' funds through mismanagement of SGB.
Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by solidifi: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2019
wuta:
Good morning my fellow nairalanders please help a brother my name is Abraham Paul I need your assistance to raise 10K to buy a master's degree form at ABU Zaria which it will be closed in 3days time
My bank account is 0027417411 GTB
Thanks and God bless you all

My advice to you is to better go and learn a trade or better still get a professional experience
than this your masters degree deceit. Masters degree is useless in Nigeria, unless you are aspiring to be
a lecturer.

Advice No be curse o. Good luck.

9 Likes

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by BrandStrategist(m): 10:39am On Feb 28, 2019
Lol

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by 1Dray(m): 10:39am On Feb 28, 2019
TheGreenLand:
Pay your tax Mr Jay Jay.

Shut up! Pained one.

5 Likes

Re: Okocha Reacts To Court His Arrest Warrant By Court by slawomir: 10:39am On Feb 28, 2019
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Successful Nigerian In Epl History? / Wimbledon: Cori Gauff Defeats Venus Williams, In Tears After (Photos) / Kelechi Iheanacho Trains With Manchester City Teammates In Abu Dhabi.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.