Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo (4823 Views)

Why Ndigbo Should Vote Massively For APGA Presidential Candidate / 9th NASS: Why The Devilish Plot To Ridicule And Humiliate Ndigbo Must Fail / Why Ndigbo Must Vote APC, By Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by nwanyionitsha: 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2019
Viergeachar:

They shouldn't run if they don't have the full support of the natives. That's what we are saying.

Or they should run on APGA or any other party aside APC and PDP.
Why not Apc and Pdp?

2 Likes

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by nwanyionitsha: 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
zlantanfan:
If not for dugged men like tinubu, abaje would have sold the state to them to prove political point.

You don't go to abuja and call it no mans land, they have municipalities and existed before fct,

Even now that its a current federal capital and nations resource poured into it, you still have boundaries, the sulejas would tell you that its not no mans land.

I pity the idiots building mansions their
How do you sell a state to a people?
I don't understand why you guys feel so threatened by the presence or igbos in Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by nwanyionitsha: 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2019
Masterclass32:
This write-up is as painful as it is true. We really have to reconsider our lot in Nigeria. This constant exodus from the east to invest in other regions must be looked into. The feat achieved by Nnewi can be replicated all over the east. We can't keep waiting for a country that seems bent on cutting us to size by any means possible. Is building a port in the east really above us? The time has come to look inwards. We were able to achieve a lot during the war, even with closed borders, we can definitely do much more now.
We need a leader/s. Our governors are useless and hopeless. Compromised fools.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by nwanyionitsha: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
KunleyY19:
A clamp Down is coming soon...
You think people will stand back and watch? You will soon know you are calling for war.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by nwanyionitsha: 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
KunleyY19:

Bros We have been leaving peacefully since Tipe Tipe...
But make I no lie the gara gara is too much since 2015...
Which gra gra? People cannot vote their choice? I am just amazed.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by nwanyionitsha: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
Viergeachar:

You must endeavour not to provoke your host... cool

Must you be elected in Lagos
I am totally confused right now. I simply do not understand your logic.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by nwanyionitsha: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
eagleeye2:

Nigeria is my host, if I am eligible to contest that is vote and be voted for then what are you on about? If you really don't want me, then don't vote for me.
Simple.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by nwanyionitsha: 4:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
eagleeye2:

Oga which gara gara... the Igbos are known for boasting about their achievements or what they wish to achieve. And I don't see that stopping any time soon.
If the Igbos take a stand to vote someone who is not the Yoruba's choice, is that a crime? Don't we still have some Igbos like Joe Igbokwe who do things the Igbos don't like, have we killed him?
Live and let's live is all everyone is preaching. Because no one has the monopoly for violence.
Me,i am already confused on this thread cause i don't understand their logic.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by nwanyionitsha: 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
Viergeachar:

Igbos were contesting some HoR seats.

That's an affront!
How is that an affront. ?But there are other candidates. Everyone makes a choice
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by ceejee(m): 4:15pm On Feb 28, 2019
He did make a point but it's not that easy. The home-coming is a journey and not an event. it will take some times. Igbo cities are gradually growing and are accommodating big business especially Aba, Nnewi, onitsha, owerri etc. before now big enterprises like innoson, Ibeto petrochemical and the rest of them wouldn't have been possible in the east. we thrive more when there is challenges. it's good that they keep fighting us out there as a reminder that we must build our home. To be honest, we are really trying in this direction. our villages are turning into Urban centres while cities are expanding. we excel more when there is challenges.
we give glory to the chukwu-okike-abiama, he is the one that is strengthen us
Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by KunleyY19(m): 4:22pm On Feb 28, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Which gra gra? People cannot vote their choice? I am just amazed.

Not only during election ooo....
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by ticon4life(m): 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2019
cheesy
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by ewigmee: 5:00pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:
Lastly I was somehow abused by an Igbo woman in Lagos and I had to call my dad about it, he was so vexed and had to make some calls...I was denied registering my national identity card cause my state of origin is Lagos, she told me to my face Lagos is no mans land and had to take me to the immigration department to confirm if I am a Nigerian.

I felt abused and had to notify my dad about it, he was vexed and called for the woman's sack which I don't know the outcome of the call though..all I'm trying to say is you don't get too relaxed and abuse privileges been given..I'm a bonafide indigene of Lagos and you don't know the king of anger and annoyance that comes to me when you guys call my ancestral land a mans land...there is already a ploy to stop all this and its already in the subconscious...I have no problem with people of other tribes..you have to call your people to order so it won't affect innocent people like you and i

what if yorubas are asked to leave london? Have you been to london? Did you see how many yourbas in a street in a day? In as much as I don't support talking down on other tribe, Nigeria is for all of us - Lagos, Enugu, Kano.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Shekochild: 5:05pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hedonisst:

You're clearly very 'cultured' which is why you're such a "frustrated, angry bastard". Look at this miserable afonja cockroach making noise about Lagos. Na your papa build the structures for Lagos and turn am to the mega city that it is today abi? Clown.

Listen, as a former federal capital of many decades, where the collective wealth of Nigeria was invested to build solid infrastructure and drive development, Lagos is condemned to forever be a no man's land. It is not Afonja or his grand father that built Third Mainland Bridge or Ikorodu Road.

Same as Abuja. The Gwari people (with due respect to them), cannot come tomorrow and claim Abuja with all its majesty and glory, as if it is their forefathers that built all the sparkling flyovers, roads bridges, super estates, super hotels, majestic government high rise buildings, etc.

Why are you afonja vultures and parasites who like reaping where you didn't sow not making noise ontop Oshogbo or Ibadan or Ekiti? Why isn't any Igbo man calling Ogun State or Ondo State a no man's land? Why Lagos? There's clearly a reason. And if you have sense, you would see it.

I'm done arguing with you.

You can start now to claim Lagos and everything in it. All the majestic buildings, hotels, and other real estate owned by Igbos in Lagos - from Ajao Estate Down to Festac, or from Ozumba Mbadiwe VI down to Ajah, go and claim all of them. Anuohia.
Mr. Man respect yourself and stop insulting the Gbagyis of abuja with this deragatory term "gwari". This word was invented by wicked hausas people to demean this most tolerant ethnic group in Nigeria. This is exactly how they invented "Nyamiri" to debase the igbos too. So stop insulting us by spreading this insulting word on Nairaland.... Gbagyis of Abuja are called "Gbagyi " period.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by ewigmee: 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
Viergeachar:
They don't have to leave!

We are not saying they should leave!!

They should just stay out of our politics!!!

That's all

What do you have to say about yorubas in london - even in elective political positions.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Mayor08: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
ewigmee:

what if yorubas are asked to leave london? Have you been to london? Did you see how many yourbas in a street in a day? In as much as I don't support talking down on other tribe, Nigeria is for all of us - Lagos, Enugu, Kano.
I can categorically say the Yoruba don't spite there host, they don't boast and argue to there face, they don't call there leaders all sort of names....Igbo's and Yoruba have been having issues but you shouldn't take it to the extent of spiting ur host and making it seem you are against them...I'm not against your tribe but the bad eggs among you seems to be winning

3 Likes

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Hedonisst: 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2019
Shekochild:

Mr. Man respect yourself and stop insulting the Gbagyis of abuja with this deragatory term "gwari". This word was invented by wicked hausas people to demean this most tolerant ethnic group in Nigeria. This is exactly how they invented "Nyamiri" to debase the igbos too. So stop insulting us by spreading this insulting word on Nairaland.... Gbagyis of Abuja are called "Gbagyi " period.

Oh really? Well, I never knew it was a derogatory term. Both terms are used interchangeably by most people in Abuja, but 'Gwari' is more common. Noted anyway.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by zlantanfan: 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
How do you sell a state to a people?
I don't understand why you guys feel so threatened by the presence or igbos in Lagos.
Dude am not even Yoruba how much more a lagosian.

Go to abuja everybody lives their life with less freedom than Lagos, a mere 2011 when suicide bombing was going off really showed us how much we were not just a northern state but deliberately allowed to stay freedom cos of capital benefit.

1 Like

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Shekochild: 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2019
Hedonisst:

Oh really? Well, I never knew it was a derogatory term. Both terms are used interchangeably by most people in Abuja, but 'Gwari' is more common. Noted anyway.
It is more common because the influx of hausa people into Abuja has pave more way for their domination. Not only is it common, it has been forcefully imposed on us by the hausa community and other tribes. Search the internet, you will see how this dirty word all over the internet using it to refer to us. In as much as i acknowledge the fact that the igbos have been truly marginalised, i also believe that the Gbagyis have been marginalised the most. The only difference is that you people have a voice, but we Gbagyis being a minority tribe don't have a voice at all. Take for example, so many towns and villages in abuja that were originally called with Gbagyi names have been cruely change to hausa names with massive migration of hausa people into this territory. For instance, Peyi (in gbagyi language) was changed to Garki, Dushe(in gbagyi language) was changed to Dutse, Allugu(in gbagyi language )was change to lungu and so many more.This are some of the facts that many other tribes don't know. The Gbagyis have been overwhelmed by this domination and have become helpless. Mind you, there is no way any other tribe can allow all this in their place. Another fact is that since the establishment of fct no indigene in abuja has ever been the Fct minister except people from the north. The simple nature of a typical Gbagyi man has made him vulnerable to domination and ethnic assimilation. But even more worse is that this minority niger-congo tribe in Nigeria don't have a voice.

1 Like

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by bigpicture001: 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:
Lastly I was somehow abused by an Igbo woman in Lagos and I had to call my dad about it, he was so vexed and had to make some calls...I was denied registering my national identity card cause my state of origin is Lagos, she told me to my face Lagos is no mans land and had to take me to the immigration department to confirm if I am a Nigerian.

I felt abused and had to notify my dad about it, he was vexed and called for the woman's sack which I don't know the outcome of the call though..all I'm trying to say is you don't get too relaxed and abuse privileges been given..I'm a bonafide indigene of Lagos and you don't know the king of anger and annoyance that comes to me when you guys call my ancestral land a mans land...there is already a ploy to stop all this and its already in the subconscious...I have no problem with people of other tribes..you have to call your people to order so it won't affect innocent people like you and i

No doubt u and ur dad are tribalist....

A woman employed by the federal govt to do a job doubts ur identity and has to verify dat with the immigration ,nxt is dt u tribalised her, consulted ur tribalist dad..nd u guyz started to hatch plan to get her sacked...

Du u kniw dt "dan foster" the nigerian based american broadcaster was delayed on entry into the US at the deprture hall, just cuz he alighted from a lagos flight...he patiently identified himself..laffed over it or mayb got angry...
But he didnt hatch any plan to get her sacked....u nd ur dad should grow up

3 Likes

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Hedonisst: 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2019
Shekochild:

It is more common because the influx of hausa people into Abuja has pave more way for their domination. Not only is it common, it has been forcefully imposed on us by the hausa community and other tribes. Search the internet, you will see how this dirty word all over the internet using it to refer to us. In as much as i acknowledge the fact that the igbos have been truly marginalised, i also believe that the Gbagyis have been marginalised the most. The only difference is that you people have a voice, but we Gbagyis being a minority tribe don't have a voice at all. Take for example, so many towns and villages in abuja that were originally called with Gbagyi names have been cruely change to hausa names with massive migration of hausa people into this territory. For instance, Peyi (in gbagyi language) was changed to Garki, Dushe(in gbagyi language) was changed to Dutse, Allugu(in gbagyi language )was change to lungu and so many more.This are some of the facts that many other tribes don't know. The Gbagyis have been overwhelmed by this domination and have become helpless. Mind you, there is no way any other tribe can allow all this in their place. Another fact is that since the establishment of fct no indigene in abuja has ever been the Fct minister except people from the north. The simple nature of a typical Gbagyi man has made him vulnerable to domination and ethnic assimilation. But even more worse is that this minority niger-congo tribe in Nigeria don't have a voice.

I empathise with you Gbagyis and totally understand that feeling. Unfortunately the way Nigeria is currently structured, this general distrust, suspicion, and resentment would continue as long as the current lopsided political system remains in place.. The current system is skewed, and screwed.

Disintegration is difficult, and even if it were possible, not every dissatisfied ethnic group has enough population and strength to fight for their own country or to even maintain a sustainable country.

The solution would have been the restructuring that Atiku promised. But the Hausa/Fulani and their Yoruba collaborators wouldn't allow that. They prefer to perpetuate the ethnic jingoist called Buhari in office.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by samilly(m): 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
Those who have ears should listen
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by BoboKush(m): 7:23pm On Feb 28, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
My question still remains why were they attacked during the last election.? My family was allowed to vote but they were threatened and told not to come and vote on the 9th of march.
They find it funny amd think it is a joke but i don't think so.

That's a threat and nt a joke... M surprised all this is happening in lagos
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Mayor08: 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
bigpicture001:

No doubt u and ur dad are tribalist....

A woman employed by the federal govt to do a job doubts ur identity and has to verify dat with the immigration ,nxt is dt u tribalised her, consulted ur tribalist dad..nd u guyz started to hatch plan to get her sacked...

Du u kniw dt "dan foster" the nigerian based american broadcaster was delayed on entry into the US at the deprture hall, just cuz he alighted from a lagos flight...he patiently identified himself..laffed over it or mayb got angry...
But he didnt hatch any plan to get her sacked....u nd ur dad should grow up

No...she was employed by the state government... She clearly made the statement and I quote "No one is from Lagos" imagine saying that to my face..I called my dad and also told the men working there...they changed it for her likead and she made it look as if I lied...Thai God people were there
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by bigpicture001: 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2019
Mayor08:

No...she was employed by the state government... She clearly made the statement and I quote "No one is from Lagos" imagine saying that to my face..I called my dad and also told the men working there...they changed it for her likead and she made it look as if I lied...Thai God people were there

The statement "no one is from.lagos" is very incorrect....guess sh is newly employed...

But d other verification sh carried out is a standard proceedure...

I also saw he'll gettin.my own national ID card...I had to prove with at least two documents dt am from the state I quoted
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Mayor08: 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
bigpicture001:

The statement "no one is from.lagos" is very incorrect....guess sh is newly employed...

But d other verification sh carried out is a standard proceedure...

I also saw he'll gettin.my own national ID card...I had to prove with at least two documents dt am from the state I quoted
Okay then...peace
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Viergeachar: 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2019
ewigmee:

What do you have to say about yorubas in london - even in elective political positions.

The natives are okay with it.

Obama couldn't have become U.S. president if the real Americans didn't want him.

1 Like

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Viergeachar: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Why not Apc and Pdp?

Because they have a huge Yoruba membership.

It's easier for either of them to use Igbos to win seats which should not be.

1 Like

Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Antoeni(m): 11:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
We are very foolish that we can't & we never know anything.....something I wonder why igbos called Hausa & yoruba Mumu why we are the real mumu with mumu blood......I can't & will never pity for anyone killed in hausa, fulani & yoruba land....if u die my dear u deserve to die.....
Proverb says.....Tell the wise the true & u will forever be his friend but tell a fool the truth & u will be his worst enemy FOREVER...
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Antoeni(m): 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
Thank you for this fact. Though very painful to swallow. Most people will tag this a hate speech, but it is a glaring truth.
Re: Why Ndigbo Must Leave Lagos Now And Invest In The East...asari Dokubo by Antoeni(m): 11:27pm On Mar 02, 2019
Ojukwu has said it all over but still the igbos did not listen. We igbos must do something without any delay. We must go home and invest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo, Burutai Is Dead - Nnamdi Kanu (PHOTOS) / Video as Unknown gunmen kidnaps man this early morning in Anambra / Breaking: Don't Blame Me On My Last Interview. It's Not Easy Defending Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.