Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? (43429 Views)

Edo Government Reduces School Days To Three Times A Week / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / How Is Resumption Going So Far In Your University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by kennyjam: 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2019
danipez:

Bro you just nailed it. Understanding yourself is the key;what motivates you

yes bro.. May God help her discover her understanding.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by idalex: 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2019
mine was lack of experience, not being social, 4yrs of hell but I give God the glory, tho trying to make up for lost time @ d same time trying to avoid mistakes/regrets

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by MissJoy29(f): 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2019
cassyrooy:
I've not come to regret anything in my life, so University of Ibadan is not special or different.

Currently, I'm about to enter my finals in UI and so, I've had experiences that cut across personal life, politics, religion and a few others.

I don't regret playing and watching football while in school.

I don't regret being the crazy guy amongst other friends and roommates. I sabi curse and yab people. cheesy grin

I don't regret coaching my department female team, currently, I'm quite enjoying the fact that I help these ladies to become stronger individuals tomorrow.

I'm also a mentor to a few guys.

I don't regret running for all the elective positions that I've held so far, and I don't regret resigning when the spirit of service to humanity can no longer be felt by me.

I don't regret the fact that the only girl I've had anything to do with in my 200l, I didn't end up having sex with her.

I've grown to be social (despite being introverted and conservative). I stay on campus but no dull moment with me unless our spirits fail to flow in one accord.

I've had my own share of fun, I can watch two (2) Indian movies a night before an 8AM exam, and I'm on a 2:1. I'm also a music guy.

I've had a few business ideas, tried blogging and forex trading but didn't work out. Tried Fiverr too but the place seemed comatose.

I'm strongly planning my own start up immediately after NYSC.

Above all, I'm very pleased with myself that I found a God who's faithful and reliable.

I think the very reason I've managed to be free from having regrets is because I avoided negative peer influence and pressure. Above all, I listen to my heart and conscience when I need to and my brain whenever there's a need to.
Lol....I trust you will deliver well. You no dey carry last.

Why will you have regrets after school when you are already doing practically everything a lot of us regretted not doing while in school? All the social activities, being more active, dabbling into politics, taking care of our Spirit man & above all, excelling in our fields.

Thumbs up hun! Continue in this strength and even more. Your expectations in school and after school shan't be cut off.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by cassyrooy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 03, 2019
Daeylar:
I guess most people on nairaland had the same type of regrets.
The most common is not having more and more sex. Such a pity.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Kinjikitile(m): 2:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
cassyrooy:
I started with a low grade (3.8 out of a 7.0 grading system) but I worked my way up, while ignoring those who chant “grade doesn't matter”. Even if it won't matter, I just like for myself to not feel useless tomorrow after finishing with a poor grade.

Lol! I lost my school fees and accommodation money to that fraud, God saved me o.

My ex-girlfriend, a few weeks before resuming for my freshman year, we got to that level but didn't complete it, that also, I don't have regrets for.
���
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Daeylar(f): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2019
cassyrooy:
The most common is not having more and more sex. Such a pity.

Really?, most of the regrets I saw was about not going out and living life.
Hiding inside rooms and going from class to home and back.

That's what I saw most people regret.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Ruonor: 2:50pm On Mar 03, 2019
rxmusa:
I regret going into Pharmacy school with the mentality that since it's not a classified degree, I only need to do everything averagely.
I don't understand,what do you mean?
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Abcruz(m): 4:00pm On Mar 03, 2019
justcallmenuel:
I regretted not doing yahoo yahoo during my university days.

Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD o simple one:

Wealth obtained by fraud will dwindle, but whoever earns it through labor will multiply it.--proverbs 13:11

Desist from belonging to the generation of men that sees betrayal as cleverness, feeding on the agony of their own kind, and rejoicing at the expense of their own soul.
Trading their destiny for vanity and their eternity for Benz.
Look!

There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.--proverbs 14:12

Accept Jesus with your whole heart and soul, and Incline your ears to the reproves of life for your own good and for the good of the children after you.!!!"

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by okpak2ochuko(m): 4:04pm On Mar 03, 2019
Totogokillme:
If you love pussy and you are an extrovert,NEVER EVER STUDY ENGINEERING, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING at that.......my lecturers frustrated me with workloads,when my friends were at Hexagon and Timeout clubbing and partying during the weekends,I dey LT4 dey practice Engineering drawing.....1 or 2 girls for your departmental class,ugly and macho girls na him full Engi
neering faculty....Having an affair with an engine girl was termed GAY.....

I regret not having fun more,I go dey with girl but I go dey reason ELA,EMA and MEE 412...... Engineering in UNIBEN is for depressed people walahii,my lecturers dem be junkies killing you with workloads.....

Greetings boss. Am currently in 200L,same course, same school.... pls can I add you on whatsapp....wanna ask some few questions and need a mentor ....
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Abcruz(m): 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
Amakababe:
I'M PRESENTLY AN ADMISSION SEEKER AND I WAS ADVISED TO WITHDRAW LAST YEAR AFTER JUST A YEAR ON CAMPUS.

I read but still failed. So I regret READING! In retrospect, reading now feels like profligacy to me. I read too much and it was rather counterproductive.

Au contraire, I regret not having lots of sexx

I wish I had fùcked more handsome boys en masse and perhaps girls too, to fully explore my sex life.

From what you've written, you're about to make the biggest mistake that will totally ruin your memories.

Fools enjoy doing wrong, but anyone with good sense enjoys acting wisely.--proverbs 10:23

Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way all will be well with you--Job 22:21

The ear that listens to the reproves of life abides among the wise!!!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by cassyrooy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
MissJoy29:

Lol....I trust you will deliver well. You no dey carry last.
cheesy

Why will you have regrets after school when you are already doing practically everything a lot of us regretted not doing while in school? All the social activities, being more active, dabbling into politics, taking care of our Spirit man & above all, excelling in our fields.
I believe I go for some of the things I find interesting and that they're really worth going after.

Thumbs up hun! Continue in this strength and even more. Your expectations in school and after school shan't be cut off.
cheesy Amen. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by cassyrooy(m): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
Daeylar:

Really?, most of the regrets I saw was about not going out and living life.
Hiding inside rooms and going from class to home and back.

That's what I saw most people regret.
You're correct, but the sex part is still visible on almost every page of this thread.

I don't think not going out to live life should be a regret, because our malleability shouldn't be a thing we cultivate just in college, it's a lifelong trait.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by MissJoy29(f): 8:16pm On Mar 03, 2019
cassyrooy:
cheesy

I believe I go for some of the things I find interesting and that they're really worth going after.

cheesy Amen. Thanks.
You are welcome!
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Daeylar(f): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2019
cassyrooy:
You're correct, but the sex part is still visible on almost every page of this thread.

I don't think not going out to live life should be a regret, because our malleability shouldn't be a thing we cultivate just in college, it's a lifelong trait.

Lol, yeah I remember now.
Talking about how they regret not fucking that girl they could have bleeped without much effort. Or regretting being in relationships or abstaining from relationship.

Well, it depends on the individual, as long as they feel they should have gone out. Then they would have regrets.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by cassyrooy(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
Daeylar:

Lol, yeah I remember now.
Talking about how they regret not fucking that girl they could have bleeped without much effort. Or regretting being in relationships or abstaining from relationship.

Well, it depends on the individual, as long as they feel they should have gone out. Then they would have regrets.
Effortlessly, we can overlook that point in time and be happy for what we have.

Your second paragraph, very true especially when one isn't contented with their present situation in life.

That's where regrets and depression begins to set in.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by sirBLUNT: 12:15pm On Mar 05, 2019
Pusyiter:

Ikeja
wow I dey lekki sha
For long you go dey lag?
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by veritasanay: 4:23pm On Mar 05, 2019
Being a fresher, looking at being more social and making good use of the opportunity UI brings. I have learnt from here to start learning IT skills while still an undergraduate.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Pusyiter(m): 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
sirBLUNT:
wow I dey lekki sha
For long you go dey lag?
I come run some stuff.
In Abuja now
Finished today.
Holler you when next I visit

1 Like

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by stanliwise(m): 12:35am On Mar 06, 2019
cassyrooy:
Effortlessly, we can overlook that point in time and be happy for what we have.

Your second paragraph, very true especially when one isn't contented with their present situation in life.

That's where regrets and depression begins to set in.
on point bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by mtchewwwww(f): 8:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
Not being social, not partying, not doing ruins...
Who good girl epp?
Mtchewwwww

why is everybody mentioning me for no reason?
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by mtchewwwww(f): 8:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
Not being social, not partying, not doing ruins...
Who good girl epp?
Mtchewwwww

why is everybody mentioning me for no reason? dawn!!
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
mtchewwwww:

why is everybody mentioning me for no reason? dawn!!

Mtchewwwww na person name for here shocked
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Blogtrovert(f): 4:16am On Mar 08, 2019
Not exploring my fantasies, not making friends, i regret not studying lol. I definitely regret a lot of things. I just left school last year, now I wish I allowed school change me. Oh well.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by DonroxyII: 11:04am On Mar 08, 2019
If I had read like this period in my B.sc days as I am doing for my ICAN, I would have had first class .....

Prison break
Merlin
Legend of the seeker

They are the movies that Spoilt my CGPA .....

we should endeavor to correct our past errors while there is still time.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Daniel2802(m): 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2019
Lol, current year 2 at UNN. I actually have no regret sha except late nights up school because of one girl like that last year. We are sha still good friends. I'm very social and popular sha. Not politically active because I don't like the views on Nigerian politics. Active at my fellowship, God first.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Abcruz(m): 10:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
danipez:
Not allowing the school to pass through me.
Everything happened really fast for and getting admission at a very young age and as the first born,i felt this enormous responsibility to set a good tone for my younger ones,mehn the pressure was real.
I went hard on my academics;i was all about the library...
I had beleif in God,i wasnt religious at all.
Am in my finals now,will be graduating with first class by God's grace,this final year i would try things,go out more and maybe bang one or two undergrads just for the records.

Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD O simple one:

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth. Walk in the ways of your heart and the sight of your eyes. But know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment.--Ecclesiastics 11:9

Fools enjoy doing wrong, but anyone with good sense enjoys acting wisely.--proverbs 10:23

Nevertheless,
Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way all will be well with you--Job 22:21

The ear that listens to the reproves of life abides among the wise!!!
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by TaminaliaCatapa: 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
Electricboy:

bro, that's my plan too..I plan to leave this shit hole but am a fresher for now...you sound like you are not in the shit hole currently
No bro, I’m outta naija
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Donwyz(m): 7:47am On Mar 11, 2019
promise4040:
I regret not dropping out earlier than I did when studying microbiology. Though I've been admitted again to study medicine, my regret is wasting 4years (+ extra year) in trying to bring certificate home.
. l can relate bro....did u later get the certificate?
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by stanliwise(m): 10:36am On Mar 12, 2019
Amakababe:
be well grounded in my field and vocabulary. I have started it already like a month ago, but I want to know if it'd be worth it at the end.
sorry, I couldn't respond to you on-time, I was too busy with things.

Anything you do for long improve you but the question is how far can the improvement be. It depends on how you go about it that will matter how much you improve.
Yes, by training on vocabulary you are likely to improve but my question is FOR HOW LONG?. so you know a lot of grammar?

My advice
The easiest way to become good with grammars and learn alot of Jargon related to your field is to check up words meaning and read historic reason of a word while reading any books related to your field and also check up any word you hear in any professional discussion and learning. This way is more better because knowing vocabulary is a life long process and it take paying attention to meaning and history behind new names, words, events and so on related to your field.

That said, you said you wanted to be grounded in your field. Before I answer the question I need to know TO WHAT END IS YOUR GROUNDEDNESS?
1. Is it that you want to excel academically only (good grades)
2. or you want to be very vast and theoretical in your field.
3. or You want to pragmatical in your field( very practical)

NOTE: The choice could be more than one but description of your goal would help me better and also tell me of your academic achievement (your current level)
I need this answer to give you a professional advice.
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by DrTims(m): 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2019
grin
Epositive:

Awon ti Harbour Bay cool
Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by mariopepper(m): 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2019
Sometimes i think a lot about my school years and i wanna say that i do not regret about anything. I SPENT my time well

1 Like

Re: What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? by Kinzeyfranks(m): 4:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ejiod:

No p, would love helping guys in that useless field. See ba if you have a laptop let me know else get one.

I'm in the University and already tired of that course too.
And right now am afraid of m future.
As regards ur online biz(programming) can u show me the way pls? I have a lappy already. Here is my email(kinzeyfranks1@gmail.com) incase.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ashley Ezeiyi, GOU Student Dies Months After Winning School Crown / What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University? / Video Of Nigerian Prof. Austin Nwagbara That Made Ghana Sack Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.