Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect (39549 Views)

Ovie Omo-Agege Biography: 9 Facts About The Deputy Senate President / Meet The 6 Women Senators-elect In Nigeria / List Of Senators-elect So Far Declared- Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by adekalumichael: 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
Urhobo wado

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Marotzke(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2019
April4th:

My brother 2023 governorship of Delta State is for Sen. James Manager, Omo Agege should continue dreaming.
Manag wetin?
Olorogun Francis Edevbie have been anointed by the godfather.
Senator Manager is Ijaw. Delta South.
Uduaghan don't serve their turn.
Even Manager , Tompolo, Otuaro have endorsed Edevbie.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by wink2015(m): 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2019
Efewestern:
Contrary to what people think that the Urhobos have only one senator in the next senate assembly, I'm pleased to inform you that the senator representing Bayelsa West Senatorial district is an Urhobo man from Ofoni, Bayelsa State.

Below are the two Urhobo Senators in the next Senate Assembly.

Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor was a former Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure in Bayelsa State, he hails from Ofoni (Ughelli-Urhie), Baylesa state. I once wrote an Article about the Urhobos in Bayelsa, (https://www.nairaland.com/2289624/meet-ofoni-people-bayelsa-only)

In 2018 he scores 247 votes against Senator Foster Ogola’s 2 votes to be the PDP candidate for Bayelsa West Senatorial District and on February 25 2019, he was declared winner by Inec defeating Mathew Karimo of APC.

Ovie Omo-agege: Ovie Omo agege needs no further introduction, he is the APC candidate representing Delta Central senatorial seat, He defeated the PDP's candidate Mrs Evelyn Oboro in the just concluded 2019 general elections.

THAT OMO-AGEGE THAT CARRY SENATE MACE WE KNOW HIM VERY WELL!

We celebrate his victory with plenty of Agege Bread!

But that Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor from Bayelsa state is a new face to me.

It is interesting to know that Urhobo tribe is still inside Bayelsa state.

However, the urhobo in Bayelsa state are just a tiny or sizeable minority.

What about Senator James Manager, that ijaw born Senator that defeated ex-governor of Delta state, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan in the senatorial election.

BUT OGA MANAGER NO DEY TIRE FOR SENATE! HIMSELF AND SENATOR IKE EKWEREMADU JUST TAKE THE SENATE AS IF NA THEIR BIRTHRIGHT OR THEIR PAPA PROPERTY.

Congratulations to all the senator-elect from the Niger delta region as well as senator-elect from other parts of Nigeria.

I just hope they go to the senate and do the nations proud particularly their constituent community that elected them.

They should not go to the senate to be BENCH WARMERS!

They should not go to Abuja and be lodging in 10 star hotel and be burning money allocated for development in their constituent on those BIG IKEBE GIRLS.

WE WANT TALKI NA DO!

WE WANT TO SEE THEIR LOCAL COMMUNITY DEVELOP TO THE STANDARD OF ABUJA.

They ask for our votes and we gave them the mandate and now is the time to deliver.

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Naijageak(m): 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
Omo agege political career is still bright
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Jowabayi: 2:24pm On Mar 01, 2019
How many senators do Ijaws now have?

1 in Delta

2 in Bayelsa?

How many in Rivers? 1 too abi?

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Born2Breed(f): 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2019
airsaylongcon:

There are also Urhobo people in Edo state. Urhobos o! Not Bini people claiming Urhobo. Unfortunately they are a tiny minority

Why will Benin people claim Urhobo? Not now not ever.
Maybe you mean the other way round.

Ologbo is partly an Urhobo town in Edo state.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Sultan5(m): 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
Albert0011:
Nice one but one thing very certain is that okowa must complete his tenure,by 2023 Delta central or south may bring out the next governor.

Which 1 is must again, what has Okowa done for Delta State? Ogboru self get he own for body.

N all these your regional talk is saddening really does it really have to matter where the next governor comes from. When will we stop voting out of sentiments and start putting the right people in place wherever they are from in Delta so we can finally begin to achieve our rich potential.

By now Delta State should be the best state in South-south given the amount of resources in the State, but just like Nigeria we have been voting in thieves after thieves from Ibori to Okowa.

4 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Nickijoy(f): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
obailala:
Hmmm... Interesting! Had no idea there were Urhobos anywhere outside Delta state.
You say wetin

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by noeloge82(m): 2:46pm On Mar 01, 2019
Efewestern:

The ijaws won't produce any governor in Delta state in the nearest future, after the Urhobos, the next tribe to produce the next governor will be the isokos.

Manager is irrelevant, he only won Uduaghan because of massive rigging in the riverine communities, plus Uduaghan and the itsekiris weren't that smart this time around.

But remember manager is ibori s boy and ibori still calls d shot

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by noeloge82(m): 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2019
Marotzke:
Manag wetin?
Olorogun Francis Edevbie have been anointed by the godfather.
Senator Manager is Ijaw. Delta South.
Uduaghan don't serve their turn.
Even Manager , Tompolo, Otuaro have endorsed Edevbie.

Manager get level in Delta state, he has been active in govt since 1999 , he is ibori s right hand so u can't just over rule him
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by airsaylongcon: 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2019
Born2Breed:

Why will Benin people claim Urhobo? Not now not ever.
Maybe you mean the other way round.

Ologbo is partly an Urhobo town in Edo state.

Naaah didn't mean it like that. I wanted to clarify that I wasn't referring to Urhobo's Bini heritage as the basis for saying there are indigenous Urhobo people in Edo state

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Realhommie(m): 2:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
Efewestern:

The ijaws won't produce any governor in Delta state in the nearest future, after the Urhobos, the next tribe to produce the next governor will be the isokos.

Manager is irrelevant, he only won Uduaghan because of massive rigging in the riverine communities, plus Uduaghan and the itsekiris weren't that smart this time around.
On point with your second paragraph.. Election doesn't hold in the creeks, they just thumbprint for the candidate of their choice who in most cases is a native or belongs to the party at the center. It is the major reason Delta south always produces the highest votes during elections, nobody checks them. It is how they've been able to rig out Ogboru over and over again.

6 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Albert0011(m): 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sultan5:

Which 1 is must again, what has Okowa done for Delta State? Ogboru self get he own for body.

N all these your regional talk is saddening really does it really have to matter where the next governor comes from. When will we stop voting out of sentiments and start putting the right people in place wherever they are from in Delta so we can finally begin to achieve our rich potential.

By now Delta State should be the best state in South-south given the amount of resources in the State, but just like Nigeria we have been voting in thieves after thieves from Ibori to Okowa.
My oga so what u re trying to say is that we should in ogboru (APC) or what?... okowa is not a saint but at least he tried for Delta state when it comes to road construction, as am telling u this now,many road projects are going on in the state..
Let's give him our vote for his 2nd tenure,at least he tried small unlike uduaghan who didn't even do anything.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Chrizdocs: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
At least my vote counted for Ovie Omo agege. Congrats and ensure you continue to make us proud.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2019
MONITZ:

Omo Agege's eyes re surely fixated on becoming governor in 2023 when Okowa would have served out his tenure and the turn of Delta Central to produce the governor.I believe he is seriously preparing for that and this was the major reason he muscled Ortega Emerhor out of the APC, he is ready to sabotage Ogboru's efforts so as to brighten his own chances in four year's time bxos he knows that if Ogboru wins this year then he would have lost out..
ogboru gats win ooo
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Sultan5(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2019
Albert0011:
My oga so what u re trying to say is that we should in ogboru (APC) or what?... okowa is not a saint but at least he tried for Delta state when it comes to road construction, as am telling u this now,many road projects are going on in the state..
Let's give him our vote for his 2nd tenure,at least he tried small unlike uduaghan who didn't even do anything.

When did I say we should vote Ogboru?

Road construction is what we are celebrating in 2019, road? I mean seriously? Out of all the debilitating structures n sectors in the state. Road is why we should vote Okowa?

Last time I checked Uduaghan built roads also he also greatly improved the teaching hospital of Delsu. Not praising Uduaghan in any way cause he failed to really bring about permanent change.

Bros if we continued like this we will keep celebrating road till 2050. When other governors are moving their states forward take Akwa Ibom for example with their own airline, Lagos just acquired 800 city buses with free WiFi, in Sokoto a new solar panel grid has been commissioned, lets not even go into job creation, how many jobs has Okowa created?

Our railway line is just dormant, even Warri port is no longer functioning effectively. Look at the health sector in the state, where other states have mobile cancer centres. Our hospitals are suffering from poor equipments and underfunding. Security self na wa hope you heard of the recent fighting that took place in Uvwie.

It's quite obvious that our governors so far lack ambition and purpose. They are just there to maintain the status quo and of course build roads close to election period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by jared007: 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sultan5:

Road construction is what we are celebrating in 2019, road? I mean seriously? Out of all the debilitating structures n sectors in the state. Road is why we should vote Okowa?

Last time I checked Uduaghan built roads also he also greatly improved the teaching hospital of Delsu. Not praising Uduaghan in any way cause he failed to really bring about permanent change.

Bros if we continued like this we will keep celebrating road till 2050. When other governors are moving their states forward take Akwa Ibom for example with their own airline, Lagos just acquired 800 city buses with free WiFi, in Sokoto a new solar panel grid has been commissioned, lets not even go into job creation, how many jobs has Okowa created?

Our railway line is just dormant, even Warri port is no longer functioning effectively. Look at the health sector in the state, where other states have mobile cancer centres. Our hospitals are suffering from poor equipments and underfunding. Security self na wa hope you heard of the recent fighting that took place in Uvwie.

It's quite obvious that our governors so far lack ambition and purpose. They are just there to maintain the status quo and of course build roads close to election period.
dont mind deltans with their myopic views. what they arent enlightened about doesnt count thats why they keep supporting bad leaders and thinking the bad leaders tried their best.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Tufunky: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2019
Efewestern:

I just added some pics to the OP, cc: lalasticlala
The first picture is that of Fred Agbedi representing Ekeremor/Sagbama federal constituency at the House Of Representatives.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Alezy(m): 4:15pm On Mar 01, 2019
April4th:

My brother 2023 governorship of Delta State is for Sen. James Manager, Omo Agege should continue dreaming.
no be only manager.... Na managerial.

Maybe he will win in his village

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Alezy(m): 4:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sultan5:

delta state is cursed with bad government. Ibori did try a little but he then gave us our worse nightmare in uduagan and subsequently okowa.

U re saying he did roads, abwg which road exactly? Have u been to warri? Have u seen warri when it rains? Have u seen warri-sapele road? Maybe they said he did built some roads in asaba area but not the urhobo-isoko-ijaw area.

Uduagan spoilt warri roads that he wanted to build a good road after digging gutter, he left without doing none. Okowa came, started digging out the gutter uduaghan dug so he could fix his own without completion for 4yrs now yet we should vote okowa.

I know they will rig just like the presidential election but how I wish okowa can lose this election, na e go happy pass

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by JasonScoolari: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2019
Efewestern:

Ogboru has a great chance of winning this year, it's still 50/50 sha, we can see that from the last presidential elections and how he delivered thousands of votes to Buhari, a man that is not even loved around.

Our major concern is the level of rigging going on in Delta south, how can riverine communities have more population than cities? how manager was able to pull 200k votes is still a miracle to me.

If ogboru should win, then they should dismantle the level of rigging in Delta South, mostly the once going on in the creek.

Good morning and happy new month bro.
Great Ovedje Ogboru is born to fail... Get that fact correctly. You of all people should know that except Chief James Onanefe Ibori mistakenly dies, that is when Ogboru will come close to the Government house. Prior the 2003 gubernatorial elections which he shamefully lost under the Alliance for Democracy, My dad offered him a juicy appointment which he turned down due to his greed, since that moment till date, he has always been the second best to any candidate even if PDP field in a crippled goat as their flag bearer.

2003 - AD (Lost)
2007 - DPP (Lost)
2011 - DPP (Lost)
2015 - LP (Lost Shamefully)
2019 - APC (Retirement)

Oniovò, Delta state is for PDP. The records are there.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by MONITZ: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2019
EmpresFIDEL:
ogboru gats win ooo

Lol,in as much as not a few people would want Ogboru to win so as to at least change the power players in the state I don't think it would happen because the factors against Ogboru are much.

He doesn't stay back and do grassroot mobilization after each electiral defeat,he goes away only to resurface when elections are just around the corner,also he's become too washed up as an aspirant to a lot of Deltans and his candidacy overtime has fatigued a lot of them so the love really ain't there anymore like it was on the first two occasions that he contested and a lot of people are still vexing because of what transpired in the presidential elections and Deltans might just vent their anger on him by way of protest votes except the APC would deploy federal might to countervail these odds..
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Stephendeals: 4:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
Efewestern:
Contrary to what people think that the Urhobos have only one senator in the next senate assembly, I'm pleased to inform you that the senator representing Bayelsa West Senatorial district is an Urhobo man from Ofoni, Bayelsa State.

Below are the two Urhobo Senators in the next Senate Assembly.

Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor was a former Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure in Bayelsa State, he hails from Ofoni (Ughelli-Urhie), Baylesa state. I once wrote an Article about the Urhobos in Bayelsa, (https://www.nairaland.com/2289624/meet-ofoni-people-bayelsa-only)

In 2018 he scores 247 votes against Senator Foster Ogola’s 2 votes to be the PDP candidate for Bayelsa West Senatorial District and on February 25 2019, he was declared winner by Inec defeating Mathew Karimo of APC.

Ovie Omo-agege: Ovie Omo agege needs no further introduction, he is the APC candidate representing Delta Central senatorial seat, He defeated the PDP's candidate Mrs Evelyn Oboro in the just concluded 2019 general elections.

Nice one...finally Ofoni people well representing in Bayelsa...
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriFirstBorn(m): 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
willyo:

What area of Edo particularly?
I almost wanted to ask him this question before you did. I lived in Edo state for 30 years. Grew up there. Never heard of any Urhobo community or any community where they are in large number.
The closest would have been a ologbo but there no Urhobo minorities in the community.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Albert0011(m): 5:06pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sultan5:

Bros i do get ur point small...so who do u want to be next governor of Delta state?
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by jared007: 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2019
marc55:

My guy.. Pls that first picture is not Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor
Get your sources right.
And mind you, ofoni is more of an ijaw community than urhobo because they are sons of Tarakiri.
i read this somewhere too that Ofoni is paternally ijaw and maternally urhobo. my question to u bro: Do the Ofoni people see themselves as partially Urhobos? or completely Ijaws?
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by centboy123456(m): 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2019
drawingbook:
There are also some in ondo and outskirts of lagos

were in ondo and were in lagos
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by April4th(m): 5:23pm On Mar 01, 2019
Efewestern:

Let’s wait and see. 2023 is not too far away.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by April4th(m): 5:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
Alezy:
no be only manager.... Na managerial.

Maybe he will win in his village

That’s what they say, but he defeated Uduaghan hands down. Just wait and see, 2023 I’ll remind you of this post. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soludo To Andy Ubah: You Were Cleaning Obasanjo’s Shoes In Aso Villa / Zakzaky Ran Parallel Govt For 20 Years, Zaria Residents Allege / Buhari's 75th Birthday: Maryam Abacha And Fati Abdulsalami Abubakar In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.