Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect (39519 Views)

Ovie Omo-Agege Biography: 9 Facts About The Deputy Senate President / Meet The 6 Women Senators-elect In Nigeria / List Of Senators-elect So Far Declared- Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by April4th(m): 5:26pm On Mar 01, 2019
Marotzke:
Manag wetin?
Olorogun Francis Edevbie have been anointed by the godfather.
Senator Manager is Ijaw. Delta South.
Uduaghan don't serve their turn.
Even Manager , Tompolo, Otuaro have endorsed Edevbie.

2023 is not too far away, let’s wait and see the outcome. Thank you
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by centboy123456(m): 5:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
WarriFirstBorn:

I almost wanted to ask him this question before you did. I lived in Edo state for 30 years. Grew up there. Never heard of any Urhobo community or any community where they are in large number.
The closest would have been a ologbo but there no Urhobo minorities in the community.

bros I been in urho village in Edo States the one I went is not too far from Benin and there are more urho village in Edo
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Efewestern: 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
marc55:

My guy.. Pls that first picture is not Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor
Get your sources right.
And mind you, ofoni is more of an ijaw community than urhobo because they are sons of Tarakiri.

Sorry about the pictures, it was actually a mix-up, but couldn't modify it anymore because it was has been locked.

Ofoni people are Urhobo, no doubt they are related to their Ijaw neighbors, but the fact still remains they speak the Urhobo language and migrated from Ughelli, married some locals.

if you say Ofoni's aren't Urhobo, then the Ijaws in Ondo aren't Ijaws.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by introvertme: 5:57pm On Mar 01, 2019
Albert0011:
My oga so what u re trying to say is that we should in ogboru (APC) or what?... okowa is not a saint but at least he tried for Delta state when it comes to road construction, as am telling u this now,many road projects are going on in the state..
Let's give him our vote for his 2nd tenure,at least he tried small unlike uduaghan who didn't even do anything.

Okowa has not done anything!

No defend am

Tears nearly comot my eyes when i reach there last December. To think edo state better pass them is shocking.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by portside(m): 6:02pm On Mar 01, 2019
The two pictures doesn't correlate with the topic, the first place photo is that Hon Fred Agbedi representing bayelsa west is the house of Representatives
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by mcmyvoice: 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
JasonScoolari:
You've a very solid point bro, but I don't see Omo-Agege becoming the governor of Delta state. Majority of Deltans see him as a betrayal and Deltans are smart people. He might be in control of APC but not in control of Deltans.

And as for my namesake winning this year? Lol, He knows he won't stand a chance.

Don't say what you don't know, Omo Agege is 100℅ in support of Ogboru and so don't use this gimmicks to deceive yourself because Okowa is going for sure while Ogboru shall win the election

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by willyo(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
WarriFirstBorn:

I almost wanted to ask him this question before you did. I lived in Edo state for 30 years. Grew up there. Never heard of any Urhobo community or any community where they are in large number.
The closest would have been a ologbo but there no Urhobo minorities in the community.

I'm an Urhobo. That's why I'm curious.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Jowabayi: 6:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
Born2Breed:

Why will Benin people claim Urhobo? Not now not ever.
Maybe you mean the other way round.

Ologbo is partly an Urhobo town in Edo state.

What is the other part?
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by fratermathy(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
marc55:

My guy.. Pls that first picture is not Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor
Get your sources right.
And mind you, ofoni is more of an ijaw community than urhobo because they are sons of Tarakiri.

Ofoni oral history asserts that they are from Ughelli Kingdom. They are only affiliated with Tarakiri by close contact and possibly marriage. If you see any other narrative apart from the above, it is simply an attempt to rewrite history.

Ofoni people speak a unique dialect of Urhobo and many are fluent in Izon too by virtue of trade, marriage and contact. If any identifies as Ijaw, it is purely out of political expediency.

That said, I congratulate my brother in Bayelsa for this great feat. Unfortunately, he's there to represent the interest of Izon people, not Urhobo. In any case, he is first an Urhobo and we celebrate his achievement.

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Amberon11: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2019
There are even urhobos in Edo state and I read somewhere before too that the urhobos were the first settlers in Jos but I don't know about the authenticity of that information.
obailala:
Hmmm... Interesting! Had no idea there were Urhobos anywhere outside Delta state.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriAproko: 7:49pm On Mar 01, 2019
April4th:

My brother 2023 governorship of Delta State is for Sen. James Manager, Omo Agege should continue dreaming.
lol funny u. James manager can never be governor when delta central is there. The urhobos are majority and knows how to play the game. Do u think the urhoboa are the usokos. undecided
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriAproko: 7:52pm On Mar 01, 2019
Efewestern:

Ogboru has a great chance of winning this year, it's still 50/50 sha, we can see that from the last presidential elections and how he delivered thousands of votes to Buhari, a man that is not even loved around.

Our major concern is the level of rigging going on in Delta south, how can riverine communities have more population than cities? how manager was able to pull 200k votes is still a miracle to me.

If ogboru should win, then they should dismantle the level of rigging in Delta South, mostly the once going on in the creek.

Good morning and happy new month bro.
Truth. The rigging for bomadi, burutu and warri south west nor be here. So clear.

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriAproko: 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2019
Marotzke:
Manag wetin?
you will soon see keneth gbagi for the position. grin Delta Politics will change soon
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriAproko: 7:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sultan5:

Which 1 is must again, what has Okowa done for Delta State? Ogboru self get he own for body.

N all these your regional talk is saddening really does it really have to matter where the next governor comes from. When will we stop voting out of sentiments and start putting the right people in place wherever they are from in Delta so we can finally begin to achieve our rich potential.

By now Delta State should be the best state in South-south given the amount of resources in the State, but just like Nigeria we have been voting in thieves after thieves from Ibori to Okowa.
tribe is one major factor in politics...
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriAproko: 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2019
noeloge82:

But remember manager is ibori s boy and ibori still calls d shot
ibori political wing is broken in delta central currently if not the help of delta north and south

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriAproko: 8:04pm On Mar 01, 2019
noeloge82:

Manager get level in Delta state, he has been active in govt since 1999 , he is ibori s right hand so u can't just over rule him
do u know how okowa is moving round delta central begging all the kings. For votes. He knows what befall him if the king and UPU decide for their own person to enter. Ask ibori he knows what he saw from ogboru hand. He never won delta central if not the help of south and north.

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriAproko: 8:07pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sultan5:

When did I say we should vote Ogboru?

Road construction is what we are celebrating in 2019, road? I mean seriously? Out of all the debilitating structures n sectors in the state. Road is why we should vote Okowa?

Last time I checked Uduaghan built roads also he also greatly improved the teaching hospital of Delsu. Not praising Uduaghan in any way cause he failed to really bring about permanent change.

Bros if we continued like this we will keep celebrating road till 2050. When other governors are moving their states forward take Akwa Ibom for example with their own airline, Lagos just acquired 800 city buses with free WiFi, in Sokoto a new solar panel grid has been commissioned, lets not even go into job creation, how many jobs has Okowa created?

Our railway line is just dormant, even Warri port is no longer functioning effectively. Look at the health sector in the state, where other states have mobile cancer centres. Our hospitals are suffering from poor equipments and underfunding. Security self na wa hope you heard of the recent fighting that took place in Uvwie.

It's quite obvious that our governors so far lack ambition and purpose. They are just there to maintain the status quo and of course build roads close to election period.
u said it all
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Chrisx1x(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2019
Sultan5:

When did I say we should vote Ogboru?

Road construction is what we are celebrating in 2019, road? I mean seriously? Out of all the debilitating structures n sectors in the state. Road is why we should vote Okowa?

Last time I checked Uduaghan built roads also he also greatly improved the teaching hospital of Delsu. Not praising Uduaghan in any way cause he failed to really bring about permanent change.

Bros if we continued like this we will keep celebrating road till 2050. When other governors are moving their states forward take Akwa Ibom for example with their own airline, Lagos just acquired 800 city buses with free WiFi, in Sokoto a new solar panel grid has been commissioned, lets not even go into job creation, how many jobs has Okowa created?

Our railway line is just dormant, even Warri port is no longer functioning effectively. Look at the health sector in the state, where other states have mobile cancer centres. Our hospitals are suffering from poor equipments and underfunding. Security self na wa hope you heard of the recent fighting that took place in Uvwie.

It's quite obvious that our governors so far lack ambition and purpose. They are just there to maintain the status quo and of course build roads close to election period.
didn't want to quote you before but I couldn't let this slide. Uduaghan didn't improve any teaching hospital. Stop believing everything you see in the news. I stay in oghara so I know what is going on there. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriAproko: 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
Okowa government is a total failure. Having undisclosed budgets. Over 500 PAs and SAs to tout. No employments apart from empowerment of little change. U renovate 10km road u call it projects. So many uncompleted uduaghan projects, i wounder which lga chairman go do. Asaba airport still not functioning well. Destroyed udghan bus. Sold delta line to GIG. No major investors attracted. No industries, everytime igho ero(no money) stories. But yours SAs and PAs have enuf portfolios. The worst delta state governor. Udughan failed but better than okowa in terms of roads,health,free education, and massive renovation of schools, attracted investors eg(shoprite) and chase shell away(stupidity) but dont blame him. I blame d host communities. Uduaghan was in a government full of cartels. He did a civils service employments full of non idigenes on what i heard. Okowa dissolve the employments. Is luck that will save him if he wins. Becos i see delta south rigging will be reduced.

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by LKO(m): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
Efewestern:

Ogboru has a great chance of winning this year, it's still 50/50 sha, we can see that from the last presidential elections and how he delivered thousands of votes to Buhari, a man that is not even loved around.

Our major concern is the level of rigging going on in Delta south, how can riverine communities have more population than cities? how manager was able to pull 200k votes is still a miracle to me.

If ogboru should win, then they should dismantle the level of rigging in Delta South, mostly the once going on in the creek.

Good morning and happy new month bro.

Ogboru has zero chance winning this year's election bro. He would garner massive votes in Udu, Ughelli North and some other areas of Delta Central, but he would fail woefully in Delta North and south. Check last Saturday's election, APC struggled to win only one seat out of ten seats for house of reps, and the win came from Udu ughelli federal constituency.

I keep telling people that the so called love between Agege and Ogboru would come to an end soonest. Agege in his deepest mind want delta north to have their eight years, he wants Ogboru to fool himself once more. The guy is preparing for 2023 governorship race and Ogboru cannot stand his might by then. A two time senator is no mean feat and he would use all at his disposal to finally retire Ogboru, though he would still not become governor.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by LKO(m): 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2019
Marotzke:
Manag wetin?

David (not Francis) Edevbie. He is the current finance commissioner in Delta State. He was also commissioner during Ibori's time. He contested against Okowa during the 2015 PDP governorship primaries, he was endorsed by UPU in that contest, he came a distant second. The guy is a technocrat but not much is being heard from him. I still believes he may take over from Okowa in 2023.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by otokx(m): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2019
I see Okowa coming back as governor unless there is a major upset.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Shampoo77: 2:07am On Mar 02, 2019
"Ole" maze stealer need no introduction.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by ehisbay(m): 3:24am On Mar 02, 2019
Please the first picture isn't the picture of Lawrence erhujakpor abeg
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by WarriFirstBorn(m): 5:31am On Mar 02, 2019
centboy123456:

bros I been in urho village in Edo States the one I went is not too far from Benin and there are more urho village in Edo
Urhobo village in Edo state? A whole village? Not even an edo community with some urhobos living in it, but their own village. I guess you know the implication of that. That means they will have their own traditional ruler then. Lol

Please mention the name of the village.

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by agabusta: 6:03am On Mar 02, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Efewestern, many thanks for this brilliant research, I thought he's from Ughelli.

And as for that Omo-Agege, APC will use him as a trash can.

Omo-Agege will clinch either the Senate President or Deputy Senate President.

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by JasonScoolari: 6:06am On Mar 02, 2019
agabusta:

Omo-Agege will clinch either the Senate President or Deputy Senate President.
Let's see then.
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by agabusta: 6:08am On Mar 02, 2019
jared007:
Lol Omo-Agege the bad boy.

Urhobo nation needs ruffians like him that can wrestle power and resist intimidation from the "Big 3"

Naija politics is not for gentlemen.

Especially Delta politics.

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by nengibo: 6:24am On Mar 02, 2019
Ofoni people are under Tarakiri clan, do you honestly think he would win a senatorial election against other Ijaw people if he wasn't Ijaw, there is a high mixture with Urhobo due to marriage so the people tend to identify with both sides, the name Ofoni interestingly is Ijaw meaning bird
Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Shuku0kukobambi: 6:39am On Mar 02, 2019
Amberon11:
There are even urhobos in Edo state and I read somewhere before too that the urhobos were the first settlers in Jos but I don't know about the authenticity of that information.

I was in Jos during the 2001 crisis and I heard that the Ogbomosho elder who gave testimony during the commission of enquiry sitting testified to that. He said the Ogbomosho Yoruba came to Jos over 150years ago but met the Urhobo on ground there meaning they both got there before the fulani. Of course they all met the Berom man in his land

Don't know how true it is anyway but there are plenty Urhobos in Jos

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Ewhrudjakpor And Ovie Omo-agege: Meet The Two Urhobo Senators-elect by Marotzke(m): 8:32am On Mar 02, 2019
LKO:

David (not Francis) Edevbie. He is the current finance commissioner in Delta State. He was also commissioner during Ibori's time. He contested against Okowa during the 2015 PDP governorship primaries, he was endorsed by UPU in that contest, he came a distant second. The guy is a technocrat but not much is being heard from him. I still believes he may take over from Okowa in 2023.
you are correct my brother.
He was the same person that Ibori recommended and became the Principal secretary to President Umoru Yar Adua.
Seasoned and experienced technocrat who is being mentored politically.
Between Refined gentleman Edevbie and Area scatter Omo Agege , Urhobo nation must choose who best defines their character.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Acted Like An Errand Boy: Court Dismisses Keyamo's SPV Suit Against Atiku / Elections: NHRC To Invite Yahaya Bello, MC Oluomo For Questioning / VP Candidates' Wives: Amina Sambo Vs Oludolapo Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.