Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership (22915 Views)

Breakings: FONS Warns NLC To Be Focused, Promises Supports / Isaac Fayose To Atiku: You Think Wike Is Not Important, You'll Be Disgraced 2023 / Olufunso Amosun Is Worried Over Weight Gain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by freshkik(m): 7:33am On Mar 01, 2019
ambivert27:

lol, which party? You think we care about a particular party in Ogun State? All we care about is DEVELOPMENT and he has not failed in that aspect.

So we should swallow whatever sh1t Tinubu and co throws at us hook line and sinker? so as not to go against party? No, we no mumu reach that level. Tinubu is a very greedy man. We will not watch and let him add our dear state to his caliphate.

Tinubu should stick to his Lagos alone, he can't come and lord over us here.
All these kain talk make me choose Ogun state for nysc, wetin i hear na opposite of wetin i see, u guys have the worst sets of roads in Nigeria, even where you see big companies, *smh..... imagine if you guys didn't have close proximity with lagos, I'm very sure those companies won't be there
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by akoaki(m): 9:20am On Mar 01, 2019
Christianos:
The Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has warned the national leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) to stay away from the State or be disgraced over its planned national protest.

The protest scheduled to take place on Friday (today) had been rescheduled to hold next week Tuesday.

Amosun during a live radio programme monitored by the Nigerian Tribune in Abeokuta, said that the labour leaders were “playing politics” and not sincere with the planned protest.

“l learnt that some people are planning to stage a protest in the state, to be led by the National President of NLC, Comrade Wabba, tell them to stay away or they will be disgraced. They are coming here to play politics, tell them that they will be disgraced,” he said.

Nigerian Tribune recalls that Wabba wrote a letter to the governor on the planned protest over what it described as “anti-workers policies” of the state government.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/193575/
Power drunk.
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by SEGLIZ: 9:55am On Mar 01, 2019
onedayatime:

Yes. Development of Abeokuta alone? Is that what you call development?

what else do call development? with the way things he has set a standard no more work in the capital so who ever is coming would have reach out to other places to match the laid down benchmark.
you do like him simple don't because of you dislike for him discredit his good work. I like him as a person, he is blunt and courageous, I like his works and achievements.
"every man with his flaws and goodness is but a man." in as much I like him he has his flaws but my challenge is his good works out weigh his flaws, so why condemn a man that has laid impact and his effort. credit him where need be and call him out where necessary.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by SEGLIZ: 10:12am On Mar 01, 2019
freshkik:

All these kain talk make me choose Ogun state for nysc, wetin i hear na opposite of wetin i see, u guys have the worst sets of roads in Nigeria, even where you see big companies, *smh..... imagine if you guys didn't have close proximity with lagos, I'm very sure those companies won't be there

which state are you from? don't spew. ask from those that know they would tell you, this is not bad even when there is room more.
the ogun state of then and now, I beg to those of us wey don dey inside taytay na onle us sabi and na onle us fit waya the guy man credit.
but truth is if every individual elected by the citizens can keep on like the governor did Nigeria would be a better places for all. many say he is executing all this project just to embezzle the state, no doubt I agree but it is better off the that embezzled without an impact.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by Ogunworkers: 10:32am On Mar 01, 2019
This is what is being circulated in Ogun State

2019 GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION AND OGUN STATE CIVIL AND PUBLIC SERVANTS

We write to plead with both civil and public servants in Ogun State to take Ogun State GUBERNATORIAL Election serious. We discovered that we didn't use to vote during election with the belief that our votes wouldn't count. In the past, we would stay at home watching TV or do some other things we liked while the politicians, artisans, unemployed youths and thugs would be busy with elections at the polling units.

They had opportunity to do whatever they wanted to do with the results because there was no one to boldly tell them the right thing. No wonder those who had opportunity to emerge as winners are maltreating the working class.

The present governor of Ogun State has therefore made us to understand that the governments are next to God. They can do and undo. They can wake up and tell us not to eat. Take for example, Amosun first suspended some civil and public servants who he thought attended PDP convention when NLC demanded for increment in the salary.

They stopped the agitation for new salary and went for the reinstatement of the suspended workers. Later, many workers were sacked for age falsification ( fake and real).

He failed to pay the workers' salaries for 5-7 months and told them that we should not tell the public about their plight. Many workers were sacked for crying out that Amosun was Ajirebi ( workers didn't feel hunger to that extent).

Amosun also fought students when they protested that he planned to sell their schools and that he should not embark on the plan. He felt insulted and ordered that any student who failed to have 50% in 5 subjects (English and Mathematics inclusive) should repeat their previous class.

This made students to vandalize school property and they were punished for their actions (many students were jailed and could not come back to school). Workers in Ogun State had never experienced unnecessary deductions in their salaries but Amosun has done it successfully.

He didn't release promotions from 2016 to 2018. Don't forget that the promotions he released in January 2019. He STOPPED promotions for no explicable reasons. Up till all deductions, Amosun has not returned it and the NUT and NLC could not fight it because of the Executive Governor of Ogun State.

Dear colleagues in Ogun State, there are many reasons WHY we shouldn't sit at home during the elections. I can't tell you who to vote for but WE need to be sensitive with the situation of things in the state. We shouldn't believe that these elections will be rigged by APM. It can only be rigged if we fail to perform our civil rights during the elections.

We need to say NO to oppression, maltreatment, man inhumanity to man, selfishness, hunger and incessant killing of innocent people in the state. Many workers died because they could not afford hospital bill.

All the Tertiary Institutions'in Ogun State have not been paid because Amosun has stopped subventions that should be given to them. Our younger ones and children are sent out of school because their lecturers are not paid.

Please, share this message and convince your colleagues to vote for their choice. I mean, a godly man. Bi olododo ba wa lori oye, ilu maa yo.Sugbon ti eniburuku ba gori ite, awon eniyan a kedun.
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by SEGLIZ: 10:34am On Mar 01, 2019
Ogunworkers:

By the grace of God, Amosun plans shall not come to pass. He is the worst of all. Very arrogant. He denied people their right. As a civil servant, we are all voting against his candidates which is APM.

kínni gbogbo (population) civil servants ní ogun?
gànràngànràn ti pòjù. you guys behave like king maker, where by you are not.
for the fact he never denied people their rights, what ever the issue is, remain within you guys and the governor. he the governor is owing you civil servants you monthly deductions simple.
on that I disagree with him the governor but he has not deny people in the state their rights except for you guys. but you guys are not tell the whole world that since he came into office till date he had never owed you guy, he pays your salary as at when due, every month.
mind you, your population can't do the damage you guys are planning.

2 Likes

Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by SEGLIZ: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2019
Ogunworkers:
This is what is being circulated in Ogun State

2019 GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION AND OGUN STATE CIVIL AND PUBLIC SERVANTS

We write to plead with both civil and public servants in Ogun State to take Ogun State GUBERNATORIAL Election serious. We discovered that we didn't use to vote during election with the belief that our votes wouldn't count. In the past, we would stay at home watching TV or do some other things we liked while the politicians, artisans, unemployed youths and thugs would be busy with elections at the polling units.

They had opportunity to do whatever they wanted to do with the results because there was no one to boldly tell them the right thing. No wonder those who had opportunity to emerge as winners are maltreating the working class.

The present governor of Ogun State has therefore made us to understand that the governments are next to God. They can do and undo. They can wake up and tell us not to eat. Take for example, Amosun first suspended some civil and public servants who he thought attended PDP convention when NLC demanded for increment in the salary.

They stopped the agitation for new salary and went for the reinstatement of the suspended workers. Later, many workers were sacked for age falsification ( fake and real).

He failed to pay the workers' salaries for 5-7 months and told them that we should not tell the public about their plight. Many workers were sacked for crying out that Amosun was Ajirebi ( workers didn't feel hunger to that extent).

Amosun also fought students when they protested that he planned to sell their schools and that he should not embark on the plan. He felt insulted and ordered that any student who failed to have 50% in 5 subjects (English and Mathematics inclusive) should repeat their previous class.

This made students to vandalize school property and they were punished for their actions (many students were jailed and could not come back to school). Workers in Ogun State had never experienced unnecessary deductions in their salaries but Amosun has done it successfully.

He didn't release promotions from 2016 to 2018. Don't forget that the promotions he released in January 2019. He STOPPED promotions for no explicable reasons. Up till all deductions, Amosun has not returned it and the NUT and NLC could not fight it because of the Executive Governor of Ogun State.

Dear colleagues in Ogun State, there are many reasons WHY we shouldn't sit at home during the elections. I can't tell you who to vote for but WE need to be sensitive with the situation of things in the state. We shouldn't believe that these elections will be rigged by APM. It can only be rigged if we fail to perform our civil rights during the elections.

We need to say NO to oppression, maltreatment, man inhumanity to man, selfishness, hunger and incessant killing of innocent people in the state. Many workers died because they could not afford hospital bill.

All the Tertiary Institutions'in Ogun State have not been paid because Amosun has stopped subventions that should be given to them. Our younger ones and children are sent out of school because their lecturers are not paid.

Please, share this message and convince your colleagues to vote for their choice. I mean, a godly man. Bi olododo ba wa lori oye, ilu maa yo.Sugbon ti eniburuku ba gori ite, awon eniyan a kedun.

ogun state civil servants this the worse you can you the population, the citizens prefer development compare to your stomach infrastructure attitude. gbogbo èyí tí eye ní ìgbà gbenga àbò è dà?
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by Ogunworkers: 10:52am On Mar 01, 2019
SEGLIZ:

kínni gbogbo (population) civil servants ní ogun?
gànràngànràn ti pòjù. you guys behave like king maker, where by you are not.
for the fact he never denied people their rights, what ever the issue is, remain within you guys and the governor. he the governor is owing you civil servants you monthly deductions simple.
on that I disagree with him the governor but he has not deny people in the state their rights except for you guys. but are tell the that since he came into office till date he had never owed you guy, he pays your salary as at when due, every month.
mind you, your population can't do the damage you guys are planning.

I don't need to trade words with you because you haven't given me any sensible reason to support you point. For your information, civil servants alone are more than 50000 not including local government workers.
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by Ogunworkers: 10:54am On Mar 01, 2019
Even the market Women know what's going on. Just go to a market and ask them. I'm sure you will be amazed. SMH..
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by dederocs(m): 10:58am On Mar 01, 2019
This man is uneducated, he has no fucking powers to stop NLC from protesting anywhere...Naija has finally gone to the dogs under Buhari.
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by SEGLIZ: 11:03am On Mar 01, 2019
Ogunworkers:

I don't need to trade words with you because you haven't given me any sensible reason to support you point. For your information, civil servants alone are more than 50000 not including local government workers.

neither am I interested in a drift with you cos the senseless punchline is powerful enough it gave a brain seizure. get to work no point here.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by SEGLIZ: 11:10am On Mar 01, 2019
dederocs:
This man is uneducated, he has no fucking powers to stop NLC from protesting anywhere...Naija has finally gone to the dogs under Buhari.

but you are educated enough to know the constitution does not allow any group what so ever the room to protest with due approval.
beside I don't think he implies he want stop them but he they would be disgraced, it means two Titans are about to go to war.
I'm finger crossed cos the movie would be worth the while.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by Ogunworkers: 11:12am On Mar 01, 2019
dederocs:

Abi oo. Not like some brainless idiots that just come here and open their maggot rotten mouth to support someone everyone is running away from. who can know a boss, if not people he works with.
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by dederocs(m): 11:31am On Mar 01, 2019
SEGLIZ:

but you are educated enough to know the constitution does not allow any group what so ever the room to protest with due approval.
beside I don't think he implies he want stop them but he they would be disgraced, it means two Titans are about to go to war.
I'm finger crossed cos the movie would be worth the while.
War?...you mean by using thugs and security apparatus to harass protesters?...I don't blame him, I blame our bleeped up judiciary, rendered completely useless under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by SEGLIZ: 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2019
dederocs:

War?...you mean by using thugs and security apparatus to harass protesters?...I don't blame him, I blame our bleeped up judiciary, rendered completely useless under Buhari.

I'm not saying he is out to use thugs, no. I like him though for everything that don't mean he is not perfect, he's got his flaws that are even glaring but they don't outweigh the good he has done.
the issue here is people calling the dog a bad name just because you don't like it. the civil service in ogun believe they own the state forgetting there are other people who are no civil servants, the man has never owed them their monthly salaries, he pays as at when due except for their deduction which I believe he shouldn't owe cos the workers are entitled to.
the workers in ogun make you feel he doesn't even pay a dime from the way they do paint the picture. he pays before the month runs out but any month their pay laps into the first week of the following month you hear them go around saying he has refused to pay them.
why bring waba to the state to make nuisance out of all the good the man has done? we have so many state that are notorious in none payment. the truth is the civil service in ogun is more a social cult and a political party on its own than being a civil service.
we are good at peddling rumour in ogun particularly in abeokuta, even the former governor in person of gbenga daniel confirmed it.
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by Ogunworkers: 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2019
People talk about amosun not owing salaries. What is deductions called.. Is it not money deducted from your salary. He is currently owning more than 15 salary deductions, owing more than 106 months pensions payment, the last time he paid gratuity for retired civil servants was 2013 even he was given money to pay them. he is owing more than 4 years leave bonuses, in fact too many to mention.
Let me break the meaning of deduction. I will use myself as an example, assumimg I'm being paid 100 thousands as my monthly salary, and I use 80,000 Naira as my coperative deduction, that means my take home will be 20000 Naira. But he pays the 20000 that I take home but doesn't pay the 80000 Naira to where I asked it to be going too. He even treated us not to stop the deduction or decrease it but we can increase it.
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by freshkik(m): 2:31pm On Mar 01, 2019
SEGLIZ:

which state are you from? don't spew. ask from those that know they would tell you, this is not bad even when there is room more.
the ogun state of then and now, I beg to those of us wey don dey inside taytay na onle us sabi and na onle us fit waya the guy man credit.
but truth is if every individual elected by the citizens can keep on like the governor did Nigeria would be a better places for all. many say he is executing all this project just to embezzle the state, no doubt I agree but it is better off the that embezzled without an impact.
baba I'm from a state that has been caused with bad leadership "Delta" (but i don't think this has to do with anything, even tho i know roads in many rural areas are better in my state than many "urban" areas in Ogun, but I'm not comparing bad and bad).... I'm currently serving in Agbara, Ogun state, so I'm not talking bout the past
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by onedayatime(m): 4:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
bionixs:
oga go get a JOB. Even if it is bus conductor"s ,just start somewhere. time waits for no one. Your darling president doesn't know you or any member of your family. be very careful. should anything happen to you now,he will not hear it. you are no body without address. Election is over somehow and it went your way. let us move on

Just like the adage says(taken from proverbs in the bible), silence is the best answer for a fool #gbam. So I won't reply you because you are a fool
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by SEGLIZ: 7:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
freshkik:

baba I'm from a state that has been caused with bad leadership "Delta" (but i don't think this has to do with anything, even tho i know roads in many rural areas are better in my state than many "urban" areas in Ogun, but I'm not comparing bad and bad).... I'm currently serving in Agbara, Ogun state, so I'm not talking bout the past

his impact in those area has not been felt I won't deny that but let us remember it won't be possible for a man to meat up those deficit in eight years giving the way the manage our resources though if managed properly it is but if you've here before now owing to the infrastructural deficit on ground you will credit him all we pray for is someone that can follow the lead, maintain the tempo even if he can't surpass it.
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by bionixs: 7:27pm On Mar 01, 2019
onedayatime:

Just like the adage says(taken from proverbs in the bible), silence is the best answer for a fool #gbam. So I won't reply you because you are a fool
just get a JOB ,sir.

1 Like

Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by Crowny11(f): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2019
ambivert27:

Really? Are you from Ogun State because if you are, you won't utter such. Amosun remains the best Governor the state has had in years and the youths are solidly behind him

Ride on my Governor, the slayer of Tinubu

which youth?
abeg, speak for yourself ooooo
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by ambivert27(f): 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2019
stpat1:

You are so obsessed with Tinubu that you have forgotten that your governor is under performing and needs the boot. Why did he not get his ticket under the APM?

Him and his anointed candidate will be disgraced come Saturday
stop making noise and get your pvc ready. Till then...
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by ambivert27(f): 10:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
helinues:

Best with abandoned projects?? Saturday is here.. Infact he's senatorial winning is not even certain for 4 years cos we may do him Dino style..

Selfish and greedy Amosun
lol, Amosun has really gotten on your nerves
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by ambivert27(f): 10:39pm On Mar 01, 2019
Jaideyone:
clown which tinubu did he slay? that's how sycophants like you pushed saraki to his own death cheesy
Tinubu's boy, come Saturday you will come back to this page to confirm that you are the clown and sycophant here
Re: Stay Away From Ogun Or Be Disgraced, Amosun Warns NLC Leadership by ambivert27(f): 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2019
onedayatime:

Yes. Development of Abeokuta alone? Is that what you call development?
I was even taking you serious until I saw this. How does it sound to you that since the creation of the state since 1976, the State Capital is just being developed now? Is that not a slap on your face? What have your beloved past Governors been doing?

what Amosun is doing is not even limited to the state capital alone as you have painted it, how about Ijebu, Ota, Agbara, Sango-Ijoko road, Agbado et all

And to cap it all, it's the turn of Yewa to produce a Governor in the state, why do you now want to deny them their right by zoning it back to Ijebu eight years after an ijebu man relinquish power? Because APC wanted it that way? Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

U.S. Congratulates Buhari, Nigerians / North Has No Agitation To Destroy Nigeria, Despite 20 Years Of Suffering – Arewa / ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.