Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' (22897 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Your Friend. Is It By Force?” – Wike Replies Ireti Kingibe / Ireti Kingibe: Peter Obi Tweets False Info About Abuja Senate Seat, Deletes It / Senator Ireti Kingibe Presents Her Certificate Of Return To Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by peekspot(m): 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2023

Ireti Kingibe, senator representing the federal capital territory (FCT) in the red chamber, says she is yet to receive an extra allowance.

While addressing his colleagues on Monday, Godswill Akpabio, the senate president, said money has been sent by Magaji Tambuwal, clerk of the national assembly, to the senators to enable them “enjoy” their holidays.

Soon after the remark, Akpabio was informed by his colleagues that he was speaking before live television and press cameras.

Upon realising the magnitude of his comment, the senate president beat a hasty retreat.

“I withdraw that statement,” he said.

“In order to allow you to enjoy your holiday, the senate president has sent prayers to your mail boxes to assist you to go on a safe journey and return.”

Akpabio’s initial remark elicited angry reactions on social media platforms, with many Nigerians positing that federal lawmakers are tone deaf and reside in a bubble, amid the economic hardship confronting the average citizen.

Asked about the senate president’s comment, Kingibe said Akpabio was referring to “statutory” allowance paid to senators.

“I did not receive any prayer but I will check my emails for the prayers. Truthfully, I don’t know what he was talking about,” she added.

“Most people assumed that our allowances are being paid — some statutory things that we are paid.

“I don’t think it was anything extra that we’re supposed to be given. I certainly haven’t seen anything extra.”

Asked to comment on the high cost of governance as it relates to senators’ allowances, the FCT senator said there is nothing she can do about it.

“Yes, truthfully, that is so. I know that I can’t change anything,” she said.

“So I have a constituency office and a development office where I do development programmes for the people.

“Hopefully, anything extra… I’m new and we’ve been paid very little. But as they come in, a lot of it will go towards funding that office, the development programmes.”

https://www.thecable.ng/we-werent-given-anything-extra-ireti-kingibe-speaks-on-akpabios-credit-alert-for-senators/amp

4 Likes

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by DrGoodman: 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
They didn't pay the honest Labour Party representatives. grin

Only corrupt APC and PDP got the alert.

87 Likes 15 Shares

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by TemplarLandry: 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2023

That Senate is a gang.
The code of omerta is observed.
She ain't gonna snitch.
LP or no LP.

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by DSC7: 7:09pm On Aug 10, 2023
Lies lies lies.....

Plenty explaination Zero Evidence...

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Racoon(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2023
Crooks! Crooks!! Crooks!!! They always tell incredible lies

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by EyeCumInPiece: 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
These people can lie for Africa.
Just like than man that was arrested in Delta after stealing a car in Abuja, who claimed he was only test-driving the car.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Gucciboy: 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Wetin dey pain me be say the Tinubu that schooled in Chicago university was a female

How come who’s ruling Nigeria is a male

Abi the werey na transgender

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Alchemy528: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2023
To the people with the people and for the people,🤔🤔🤔
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by inoki247: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2023
Lol they all loot in one Accord....

14 Likes

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by gaby(m): 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
Once you enter ogboni circle, no going back.

You must blend by force and start singing a song different from what you were singing before you joined the evil geng or you get deleted.

Me wey dey type like this gan, I fit disappoint myself as human so, I no fit boast say I go do any better when faced with the same quagmire/cum association.

So, the best thing for me na to stay away from anything wey go place me and my conscience at the mercy of demons e.g. Politics or political appointments.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2023
There is an oath of secrecy in the national assembly.As soon as you become a member,no matter the political party you belong,dont ever disclose the earnings and shady dealings of the national assembly to the public.Shehu sani is the odd one out of all of them.

19 Likes

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by FutureIsFemale(f): 10:17pm On Aug 10, 2023

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Gradients(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
If dem give una you go tell us?

3 Likes

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
The truth shall be made known in due time and the guilty ones must face the consequences....

A better Nigeria 🇳🇬 all around is all we want at MANNA.

We will keep saying this : These kids below are the ones that need wardrobe allowance or food in their belly or fuel for transportation to their various schoos, or anything increament in their lives.
And vehicles that will be taking them to and from school.
Not our senators or any , retired, sitting, standing or crawling politicians or any other PARASTATALS .

Talking about those Senator's,
Majority of our Senators since '99 have been total disgrace,
When it comes to spending money that comes to themselves and their associate, there would be an upward review and it would be implemented as quickly as possible.
However, when it comes to what would benefit the common man for example minimum wage, they would take forever to review it.

Something must urgently be done about this.

We Rise.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Vladm(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
...EXTRA' naso una go dey use english lie..
What about the regular exorbitant and unnecessary ones you are been given......

3 Likes

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Ayoola171(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Okay
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by RingRoadMafia: 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Hezzyluv: 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
We miss Dr Bukola Saraki we miss PDPAfter him, we have been so unfortunate with rubber stamp Senate presidents Shameless bunch of wicked souls we've been having as senators. undecided

9 Likes

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Beess(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Vv
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by stano2(m): 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
Make una rest with una show of shame and lack of patriotism.
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Iseoluwani: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
grin

Nairaland abeg show me love

Pls friends vote me and my team Mount Zion from top to bottom

https://forms.gle/6ikrofh6vPgixJFJ8

Pls remember to vote for MOUNT ZION AND SHARE WITH FRIENDS

Tnks
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by KanwuliaExtra: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
The “loot” has been channeled elsewhere.
It will be too obvious if the alert gbagam today.😀
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by ImoleNaija: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
Her cup of tea.

What matters now is finding a lasting treatment/solution to the anus wey just tear without cause.

Rushing back to the thread....

1 Like

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by AdesegunSanni89: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
Lp are also criminals

2 Likes

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Danidinho4: 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
She's been fully inducted into the caucus. She now know how to tell lies

4 Likes

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Blue3k(m): 10:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
Lol why are you guys afraid of wage transparency? There would be no need for speculation if you laid your cards on the table. This should be public record but you guys don't want that because you're voting yourselves insane paydays.
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ddd
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
Shishi ?
Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Larryndelaw: 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
Obi is a scam. I thought Labour party members in the National Assembly will be different and fight for reduction in cost of governance they rather join the bad wagons.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' by Drsnives(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
Tinubu self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Earns N1m Monthly And Others Earns: / Nigerians Blast Senator Shehu Sani Over His Controversial Tweet (Photo) / Why I Accepted Obi’s Campaign DG Appointment – Osuntokun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.