Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean (28692 Views)

Here Is What Different Berets Mean In The Nigerian Air Force / Job Vacancy At Conspec Consolidated Limited / What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by BABANGBALI: 1:28pm On Mar 05, 2019
Consolidated salary as the name implies is a small salary paid to you but cannot do or change anything in your life, it is only meant to console you, that is why it is called consolidated salary
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by Lorechino(m): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
Consolidated pay or salary a person is offered is the amount a person gets for the work done, on monthly/weekly/ basis. It consists of all the entitlements joined together, without specifically stating any breakups. It can be stated as consolidated gross and any statutory deductions will be on the consolidated amount.
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by Lorechino(m): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
Consolidated pay or salary a person is offered is the amount a person gets for the work done, on monthly/weekly/ basis. It consists of all the entitlements joined together, without specifically stating any breakups. It can be stated as consolidated gross and any statutory deductions will be on the consolidated amount.
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by asawanathegreat(m): 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
Very well is True but no allowances added
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by thunderbabs: 2:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
Timekeeper:
... All of you above are olodo

Consolidation from console.
Salary

So consolidated salary mean salary giving to console people who had lost any of their family member.

Salary to console (consolidated salary )

Always easy to spot that person that attended lesson... If you know, you know grin
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by DAMMYORES: 2:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
Explain pls, I am teachable
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by mechanics(m): 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
is not true, that was the former pension scheme, the new scheme is once your money finish, pension stop.
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by femi4: 2:56pm On Mar 05, 2019
tizzdi:
good day guy, please concerning the aforementioned, who has an idea what it actually mean?..i was told that for instance if someone retires as lets say head of civil service or something like the IG of police, thats the person collects his basic salary for life!..pls is this true?
All allowances inclusive

No leave allowance
No transport allowance
No housing allowance etc
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by femi4: 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
DAMMYORES:
As a civil servant appointed on a particular Level, there is meant to be an increment on your salary on a yearly basis which is called STEP but when you are on a consolidated salary, you are being denied of that until you moved to another level.
lol ....you are wrong

1 Like

Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by femi4: 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2019
Oblongata:
Consolidated salary has no bifurcations; you get all your allowances once...
E.g

If your basic salary is 100k

Your transportation allowance is 15k

Your house allowance is 20k

Clothing allowance is 5k

Feeding allowance is 20k

Your consolidated salary is 100+15+20+5+20=160k.

It is the same as gross salary

It is the addition of all allowances and basic salary

Income tax and all other deductions is yet to be deducted. If deducted, it becomes 'net salary'

Shalom!
Best answer....which beer you dey drink
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by Eaglefine(f): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
Oblongata:
Consolidated salary has no bifurcations; you get all your allowances once...
E.g

If your basic salary is 100k

Your transportation allowance is 15k

Your house allowance is 20k

Clothing allowance is 5k

Feeding allowance is 20k

Your consolidated salary is 100+15+20+5+20=160k.

It is the same as gross salary

It is the addition of all allowances and basic salary

Income tax and all other deductions is yet to be deducted. If deducted, it becomes 'net salary'

Shalom!

Good one. Gbagam for you!
Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by vexing(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
When your salary is consolidated it means that your pay is inclusive of your basic salary and all your allowances. You will no longer be entitled to separate allowances like leave, transport, medical, utility, lunch, housing, furniture, education, hazard, productivity, clothing etc. The major disadvantage of consolidated salary is that your salary is all what you earn and in some case it may look big because all your allowances have been imputed but if it were to be separated you will discover that your basic may be actually small.

1 Like

Re: What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean by ireke(m): 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
I think I'm confused with that term too even though I received consolidated salary for a little over 20 years.

The only thing I never got was overtime. I had vacation allowance, annual rent support, car loan, 13th month, Christmas bonus, out of station allowance (if I spend the night outside my base), per diem if I travel outside the country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Intent On Going Back To My Previous Job / Anthony Ndukwe Awarded The Best Worker In Dubai Leading Family Business. Photos / Our Male Bosses Punish Us For Refusing Their Sexual Advances: Policewomen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.