Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

What Was Your Greatest Costly Mistake You Committed In Your Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Was Your Greatest Costly Mistake You Committed In Your Career (406 Views)

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! / Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? / Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Greatest Costly Mistake You Committed In Your Career by badoh(m): 8:30pm On Mar 01, 2019
The greatest costly mistake I committed in my place of work was when I mistakenly loaded 1000 denomination into 500 ATM cassettes. Almost like 25 withdrawal transactions belonging to other Banks customers had been performed before we noticed. Unfortunately, they did not inform us that the machine was overpaying them. I had shortage running into N325,000 that day. I had to quickly borrow the sum from a cooperative society to balance the ATM account.
Share yours.
Re: What Was Your Greatest Costly Mistake You Committed In Your Career by 1stHooligan(m): 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2019
badoh:
The greatest costly mistake I committed in my place of work was when I mistakenly loaded 1000 denomination into 500 ATM cassettes. Almost like 25 withdrawal transactions belonging to other Banks customers had been performed before we noticed. Unfortunately, they did not inform us that the machine was overpaying them. I had shortage running into N325,000 that day. I had to quickly borrow the sum from a cooperative society to balance the ATM account.
Share yours.
but was the transaction later traced?? I mean the customers that made the withdrawals
Re: What Was Your Greatest Costly Mistake You Committed In Your Career by badoh(m): 9:18pm On Mar 01, 2019
We later recovered some amounts when we escalated to those Banks while the remaining amounts could not be retrieved due to the fact that customers accounts were unfunded.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Politely Ask My Boss For A Better Pay / Where Can You Do ICAN Training In Port Harcourt? / Withholding Tax Ambiguity Of Sale In The Ordinary Course Of Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.