Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Are You Addicted To Your Phone?, Check This Proven Solutions To Phone Addictions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are You Addicted To Your Phone?, Check This Proven Solutions To Phone Addictions (471 Views)

Are You Addicted To Procrastination?, Check This Out, It Might Be Helpful / New General Maths SSS1-3. Step By Step Solutions To All Exercises. 1st Time Ever / Help!!! My Exam Is In A Month Time And Am Addicted To My Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Addicted To Your Phone?, Check This Proven Solutions To Phone Addictions by thebrainyfox: 1:19am On Mar 02, 2019
PHONE ADDICTION: PROVEN SOLUTIONS TO IT

PHILOMATH
March 01, 2019 | Tutorials

The problem most students face nowadays is phone addiction, this has done more harm than good, some students spend more time on social media instead of reading their books, some will not even spend 30 minutes reading before going back to their phone.

How nice would it be if you can break free from this phone addiction?, if you can read your books without being disturbed by social media or YouTube!

In this article, you will be learning how to read effectively without pressing your phone or how you can reduce the addictions to your phone using mobile applications, you can try it now and thank Philomath later.

1. SELF CONTROL

The first application on my list is Self Control, self control is a mobile application that allow users to block access to certain applications on their phone over some period of time.

To set it up, you can go to the app settings and choose airplane mode, this will turn the phone to airplane mode during the time you are studying, you can also prevent your phone from using home screen.

In addition, you can either set the application to run manually or set your study timetable, after setting the study time table, the app will automatically initiate itself at the time sets, you can also set the applications you want to be executable on your phone during your study time.

Lastly, assuming you initiated the app and you are blocking access to WhatsApp, but there is urgency to check something on WhatsApp, no matter what you do, you can't access WhatsApp unless the time you set elapsed or else you will have to format your phone, because you won't be able to stop the app or uninstall it after it has been launched, I could remember the first day I downloaded the app, I mistakenly set the app to 24hours and initiated it, I couldn't access any apps on my phone and I couldn't stop the app, I was able to use my phone after the 24hours elapsed.
You can get the app from play store, but if you can't find it, click on "chat with us on WhatsApp" that is on our blog, send a message to us on WhatsApp that you need it and it will be sent to you, but if you don't like this app, you can try the next one.

2. ANTISOCIAL

Antisocial is a powerful mobile app that works exactly like self control.

This app:
Tells you the number of time you unlock your phone everyday
Total minute you spent on social media per day
Your favorite apps
Apps that consume your time and also block them for some time
Blacklist (block access to) certain applications on your phone for some period of time

3. COLD TURKEY

There is need for you to do some research online, so this compelled you to make one of your browsers executable, but you're afraid that you will misuse the browser, and use it to stream videos online, chat on social media and all sort, this is where Cold Turkey comes in.

This app work by blocking access to.......

Read more https://www.thebrainyfox.com.ng/2019/03/phone-addiction-proven-solutions-to-it.html
Re: Are You Addicted To Your Phone?, Check This Proven Solutions To Phone Addictions by Looray(m): 2:03pm On Mar 12, 2019
Phones can be really addictive,

Find out you can break free here

https://christiandome.com/break-phone-addiction/

(1) (Reply)

The Outrageous Steps Parents Took To Get Their Kids Into Elite Universities. / When To Expect Every Nigerian University Post UTME Date - 2019 / Please Solve This Mathematics Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.