Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! (21322 Views)

Edirin Okoloko Sworn In As Judge In USA Weeks After His Appointment. Photos / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / Lawyers Help Zone And Hang Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by StOla: 1:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
Westaslave2:
Yes we ar here...

U no wat hell wt u n ur next level shouting

Court !!! (All stand)

Now my verdict : cry undecided cry U ar sentense out of d company wt immediate effect go n meet buhari .

Westaslave2:
curse of pains shall reign on u n ur generation 4 wat u do out of selfish interest .Amen

See them here again.

These miserable wailers have brought their electoral defeat into every unrelated discourse.

I can only wish you more agony.

1 Like

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
I took time to read through and seeing all that you mentioned, I just feel sorry for you...
I a not a lawyer but I know there are supposed to pay u 2 months salary in lieu of notice.... This they may refuse to do, it's pathetic that employers in Nigeria enslave their workers, your family is important please, apply else where or start a business of your own

1 Like

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Mshelia01: 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
Okay

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by don4real18(m): 1:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
It's quite sad
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by peteruuu(m): 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
Richdad50:
Go on your knees in prayer. The heart of Kings are in the hands of God. No Lawyer can help you. When you pray, call your father(God) to intervene on your behalf and speak to your MD. It may sound trivial but the mystery of prayer remains unquantied

#Richdad
You can say that again hey!.
#Seconded.
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by agabusta: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
ogawisdom:
Lol you are not a confirmed staff, you are still on probation and may not be given any notice before being sacked.
Besides u we're sacked for not keeping to company rules

But they must pay you for that month

One man business is not a good place to work at all

Since she is expected to give 2 months notice before she resigns, it also implies that they are to give her 2 months salary for sacking without notice.

2 Likes

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by CCSN: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
This is just how NEXT LEVEL will be, just the beginning, abeg we bargained for it. 9ja has fetched ant infested wood.
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Timekeeper: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
I took time to read through and seeing all that you mentioned, I just feel sorry for you...
I a not a lawyer but I know there are supposed to pay u 2 months salary in lieu of notice.... This they may refuse to do, it's pathetic that employers in Nigeria enslave their workers, your family is important please, apply else where or start a business of your own
If u r not a lawyer, shush u mouth and sleep ojere... Miss oyinlola muyiwa as ur moniker implies
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by ntyce(m): 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
Right from the start, the job didn't fit your profile....

Seek for a better job.

All is well and will end well.

2 Likes

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Ewedegubbler: 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
That one na mumu job. Abeg leave them waka jare
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by kamez(m): 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
if u are a married woman living in Lagos, and u have the intention of putting ur family before work, then its better for u to just start up ur own business and forget about working for anyone

5 Likes

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by kevoh(m): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2019
I'm going to play the devil's advocate here grin. I see a lot of I can not travel because of family, I can not drive and not do my job because I don't know the routes, I can not I can not. Not ready to sacrifice angry Madam, you are not ready to work for this company. Even if you are running your own business, you will be forced to travel sometimes and leave your kids. This job will not suit you no matter what, even if you are not sacked, you will force yourself to resign as you will be faced with keeping this 80k job and saving your marriage. The company did you good favour by letting you off.

#devil's.advocate.rant.ended

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Uyi168: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
Richdad50:
Go on your knees in prayer. The heart of Kings are in the hands of God. No Lawyer can help you. When you pray, call your father(God) to intervene on your behalf and speak to your MD. It may sound trivial but the mystery of prayer remains unquantied

#Richdad
Be practical for once..
Which one is no lawyer can have help her..
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by ceeceeuwa: 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2019
Zizy99:
This is really pathetic and that is what is obtainable in most one man business. As a mother, i will advice you start a business of your own. Be your own boss, work from home and have enough time to cater for your family. You can partner with a company that offers you an opportunity to make money today and fulfill your dreams tomorrow. I could show you how its done.
Please how is it done? I'm interested
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
Timekeeper:
If u r not a lawyer, shush u mouth and sleep ojere... Miss oyinlola muyiwa as ur moniker implies
Sorry oh
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
Westaslave2:
Yes we ar here...

Court !!! (All stand)

Now my verdict : cry undecided cry U ar sentense out of d company wt immediate effect go n meet buhari .

Read what you typed again and ask yourself, "am I making any kind of sense at all?"

1 Like

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by ifeko1214(m): 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
Seun2019:
I joined this company in Lagos about 3 weeks ago. To be frank I did not apply to the company. I was directed there by the recruitment company that interviewed us in another company. In the first company, I applied as a Secretary. When I got to this second company, we were interviewed and I told them I had worked as a Secretary/Admin executive in my former company.

To cut the long story short, I was offered employment. In the offer letter, they wrote PA as my post. I called the HR before resumption that I can not do the work of PA as a married woman because I know what it entails. I was told not to bother that they used a template to prepare my letter.

In the offer letter, I was to be on probation period of 6 months and to give them 2 months notice of resignation or 2 months salary in lieu of notice.

I was to present a medical report of fitness. When I told them that it is the responsibility of the company to fund this, they insisted to go any government hospital and foot the bill myself and present it. I did that.

I was also told to present two guarantors who will go to court to swear to an oath. On N80,000 job o!

When I resume, I was told that my post is Admin officer and I will be in charge of general admin and logistics. The first time I went out on duty, I was told they don't pay transport money that I should take any car when I am going out. I told the MD I don't know most route in Lagos and besides my driving licence has expired. (Please note that I was interviewed as a Secretary to the MD). I explained that even if there is car, it is the work of driver to take me around and not me driving around. The MD insisted that they don't do that and as long as I am in the company, I will be using my money to go out, if I can not drive the company car.

It was stated in the offer letter that you resume 8 and close 6 and 9-2 on Saturday. However, I discovered when I joined them that you can not leave the office until the MD closes, even on saturdays. This is a man that will be coming to the office around 2 and may not close until 9/10pm. So, you dare not leave the office until he leaves. Whenever it is 7:30pm, I will pick my bag and go to him to bid him farewell. I learnt he complains each time I leave. I have three kids for goodness sake and I don't get home until 9/9.30pm.

One day, the MD told me I will have to be travelling once in a while but I told him I have children and husband, so I could not travel out of Lagos. I had told them this even during the interview.

Another problem with the company is the rate at which they sack people. The HR lady that sent me my letter was sacked a week after my resumption and I was told that is the usual occurence there. There is no week a worker is not sacked or left on his/her own. The MD was even boasting that he has sacked his daughter before, so no one is indispensable.

When I resumed, I attended to all the outstanding Admin work and whenever I report to the MD, he will be complaining that I am too lenient with "these people". He will be saying that is why he does not want to employ a woman. He wants me to be leing and be telling people come today, come tomorrow. When you bring the issue of drivers and logistics staff to him, it has always been war. He was just not nice to his workers.

Yesterday, I was sent an email that they have observed that company driver has been taking me to places for me to accomplish my task and that I could not cope with the nature of their job. Because of this, I should hand over the company property in my possession to one staff member.

I am yet to be paid, but I am sure they will pay me that. But, if I should give then 2 months salary in lieu, what is good for the geese should be good for the gander. Imagine resigning in one company only to be sacked 3 weeks after resumption. Imagine. I have the intention of taking him to the court or the industrial court. I want an honest advice or recommendation.

Thank you.

Did they eventually pay u?
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by TheKingIsHere: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
Thank God that they even sacked you.

But take the case up if you have enough evidence to back you up
Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by columbus007(m): 1:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
Seun2019:
I joined this company in Lagos about 3 weeks ago. To be frank I did not apply to the company. I was directed there by the recruitment company that interviewed us in another company. In the first company, I applied as a Secretary. When I got to this second company, we were interviewed and I told them I had worked as a Secretary/Admin executive in my former company.

To cut the long story short, I was offered employment. In the offer letter, they wrote PA as my post. I called the HR before resumption that I can not do the work of PA as a married woman because I know what it entails. I was told not to bother that they used a template to prepare my letter.

In the offer letter, I was to be on probation period of 6 months and to give them 2 months notice of resignation or 2 months salary in lieu of notice.

I was to present a medical report of fitness. When I told them that it is the responsibility of the company to fund this, they insisted to go any government hospital and foot the bill myself and present it. I did that.

I was also told to present two guarantors who will go to court to swear to an oath. On N80,000 job o!

When I resume, I was told that my post is Admin officer and I will be in charge of general admin and logistics. The first time I went out on duty, I was told they don't pay transport money that I should take any car when I am going out. I told the MD I don't know most route in Lagos and besides my driving licence has expired. (Please note that I was interviewed as a Secretary to the MD). I explained that even if there is car, it is the work of driver to take me around and not me driving around. The MD insisted that they don't do that and as long as I am in the company, I will be using my money to go out, if I can not drive the company car.

It was stated in the offer letter that you resume 8 and close 6 and 9-2 on Saturday. However, I discovered when I joined them that you can not leave the office until the MD closes, even on saturdays. This is a man that will be coming to the office around 2 and may not close until 9/10pm. So, you dare not leave the office until he leaves. Whenever it is 7:30pm, I will pick my bag and go to him to bid him farewell. I learnt he complains each time I leave. I have three kids for goodness sake and I don't get home until 9/9.30pm.

One day, the MD told me I will have to be travelling once in a while but I told him I have children and husband, so I could not travel out of Lagos. I had told them this even during the interview.

Another problem with the company is the rate at which they sack people. The HR lady that sent me my letter was sacked a week after my resumption and I was told that is the usual occurence there. There is no week a worker is not sacked or left on his/her own. The MD was even boasting that he has sacked his daughter before, so no one is indispensable.

When I resumed, I attended to all the outstanding Admin work and whenever I report to the MD, he will be complaining that I am too lenient with "these people". He will be saying that is why he does not want to employ a woman. He wants me to be leing and be telling people come today, come tomorrow. When you bring the issue of drivers and logistics staff to him, it has always been war. He was just not nice to his workers.

Yesterday, I was sent an email that they have observed that company driver has been taking me to places for me to accomplish my task and that I could not cope with the nature of their job. Because of this, I should hand over the company property in my possession to one staff member.

I am yet to be paid, but I am sure they will pay me that. But, if I should give then 2 months salary in lieu, what is good for the geese should be good for the gander. Imagine resigning in one company only to be sacked 3 weeks after resumption. Imagine. I have the intention of taking him to the court or the industrial court. I want an honest advice or recommendation.

Thank you.
is that company of your fathers? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
Seun2019:

Thank you.

Well you were on probation, it simply means they can sack you easily at any time within the probation period. Though they are being unfair, they will soon meet some 1 who will deal with them

1 Like

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by AmazingELixir: 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
Westaslave2:
Yes we ar here...

Court !!! (All stand)

undecided

I'm appalled that a female should be reasoning the way you just did.

Don't let what you see on this platform rob you of your humanity.

Friendly advice.

1 Like

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
Zizy99:
This is really pathetic and that is what is obtainable in most one man business. As a mother, i will advice you start a business of your own. Be your own boss, work from home and have enough time to cater for your family. You can partner with a company that offers you an opportunity to make money today and fulfill your dreams tomorrow. I could show you how its done.

OP

Pls beware of GNLD, and pyramid scheme marketers here

Run from any one that tells you if you invest X Naira you will get Y amount in Z period of time from XYZ company

6 Likes

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by doctokwus: 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
Joromi12:
Fear one man businesses
This doesn't make sense. Is Dangote not a one man biz. Is Globalcom not a one man biz. Otedola biz's is it not a one man biz?

1 Like

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Aderupoko2: 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
What is the total cost of hiring a Lawyer and pursuing a case and how much do you envisage the company should Compensate you with? If the difference is negligible, please move on. Life is not fair, it's not expected to be.

2 Likes

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2019
doctokwus:

This doesn't make sense.
Is Dangote not a one man biz.
Is Globalcom not a one man biz.
Otedola biz's is it not a one man biz?
dangote and otedolas businesses are listed on the stock exchange . How is it a one man business. Do u know anyone who works for them. One man business in this case is like the ops own. Where d md is the chief controller of everything. If she was not married he wud have been fuking her join.

3 Likes

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by AllenSpencer: 1:38pm On Mar 02, 2019
Similar thing made me send my Boss to heaven sometimes ago

Am still glad I sent him to heaven and hope to send him to another heaven again when I get to heaven

1 Like

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by graphiti: 1:39pm On Mar 02, 2019
OmoEpe:
Sorry to say but you sound like a troublesome person. A one man organisation has lots of challenges that might require making sacrifice especially in a country like Nigeria.

Insisting on enforcement of all your rights at everytime you feel cheated isn't a good way to grow with a startup company
Her post reeks of arrogance.
Someone asked u to choose BTW driving d company car f.o.c or u use ur money 4 public transport, e don bcom crime ba? smh. Some ppl and agidi na 5 and 6.

Somebody will beg u to allow am siddon beside u on ur own chair still complaining dt u no shift enuff.

4 Likes

Re: Sacked 3 Weeks After Resumption. Lawyers Help! by sirxbit(m): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
Richdad50:

#Richdad
Total Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Medicine or Dentistry?: Pls Advise / 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant / 5 Things You Should Consider Doing While Waiting For That Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.