Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? (2351 Views)

APC Holds Rally For Tinubu And Oyo State Candidates (Pictures) / LP Youths After Seeing Ondo And Oyo Youth Walk For BAT / States APC May Lose In 2019 - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 6:54pm On Mar 02, 2019
I expected buhari to win oyo with at least 200k margin and ondo narrowly but he ended up losing both.the south west states i thought buhari would lose is osun.i wonder what went wrong.residents of those two states should please clear my doubts.
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
Buhari would have loose all the state except ekitit and Ogun in a free and fair election

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2019
You think politics is mathematics, 1+1=2.

Children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by LuciferAdvocate(m): 7:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
On a more serious note. if not for the massive rigging, Buhari won't have win any south west state.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by Asshurbanipal: 7:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
You people were busy with igbos while buhari image deteriorate in sw. Continue believing tinubu keyboard warriors on nairaland. Atiku would have won in sw if not for tinubu thugs and buharig federal might

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by JAMO4REAL1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
na oshomole cause ondo fall dawn

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by torino88(m): 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
hunger

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by teboi: 7:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:
I expected buhari to win oyo with at least 200k margin and ondo narrowly but he ended up losing both.the south west states i thought buhari would lose is osun.i wonder what went wrong.residents of those two states should please clear my doubts.
The oyo Governor caused it. People dont like the man.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
Ondo governor was the cause.
You can't fight against your party and expect to come out unscathed.
Imagine telling your supporters to vote for another party in the Senate slip. Most people do same thumbprint in all 3, sharp sharp thing instead of stressing themselves to look for different parties to vote for.

If you check properly, the governor is kind of ashamed these days. He's afraid now self.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by BabaO2: 7:49pm On Mar 02, 2019
LuciferAdvocate:
On a more serious note. if not for the massive rigging, Buhari won't have win any south west state.
Correct your poor English first. Olodo.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2019
Beninmann:
Buhari would have loose all the state except ekitit and Ogun in a free and fair election
I dont need you here please.respect yourself

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2019
kingkakaone:
Ondo governor was the cause.
You can't fight against your party and expect to come out unscathed.
Imagine telling your supporters to vote for another party in the Senate slip. Most people do same thumbprint in all 3, sharp sharp thing instead of stressing themselves to look for different parties to vote for.

If you check properly, the governor is kind of ashamed these days. He's afraid now self.
But same happened in ogun where buhari won comfortably.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 8:01pm On Mar 02, 2019
teboi:

The oyo Governor caused it. People dont like the man.
What did he do? I thought he was performing? Thats not a good excuse ? Abia and delta governors are hated by their subjects yet atiku won there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2019
LuciferAdvocate:
Actually,there was little or no rigging in the south west hence the narrowness of the margin same as in north central.only in the ss,se and core north where we have massive rigging.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 8:03pm On Mar 02, 2019
Asshurbanipal:
You people were busy with igbos while buhari image deteriorate in sw. Continue believing tinubu keyboard warriors on nairaland. Atiku would have won in sw if not for tinubu thugs and buharig federal might
You are not wanted here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by ayomilore: 8:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
The Bible says a wise man saw evil from afar and hid but a foolish man run into it and is consumed.

Aregbe saw the disgrace awaiting him if he tried to contest the osun east senatorial seat but a
Foolish Ajimobi out of greed contested oyo south seat and was disgraced and made buhari lost oyo state.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by BabaO2: 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:

Ogun PDP have more crisis in their hands than APC

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
ayomilore:
The Bible says a wise man saw evil from afar and hid but a foolish man run into it and is consumed.

Aregbe saw the disgrace awaiting him if he tried to contest the osun east senatorial seat but a
Foolish Ajimobi out of greed contested oyo south seat and was disgraced and made buhari lost oyo state.
We are talking of presidential polls.by the way ajimobi would have won if he was desperate like rochas.he just decided to play fair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by ayomilore: 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:

We are talking of presidential polls.by the way ajimobi would have won if he was desperate like rochas.he just decided to play fair.

Play fair for where. There was a big gang up against him. It was in his senatorial District buhari lost heavily.
If APC had presented someone else it would have been a clear win for the person and buhari.
There is this belief that any election conducted on the same day always follow the same pattern
even teslim folarin that is almost dead politically won his senatorial District for buhari and all the rep that contested under his district won.
All the candidates that run for rep seat under Ajimobi lost to PDP candidates like their master.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:

Ogun case is different.
APM worked assiduously to all angles for APC plus the fact that APC has been on ground for over 8 years through Amosun as governor unlike Ondo where APC just came in a few years ago.
PDP and LP has been the grassroot party in that state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by LuciferAdvocate(m): 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:

Actually,there was little or no rigging in the south west hence the narrowness of the margin same as in north central.only in the ss,se and core north where we have massive rigging.

I totally disagree with This bro....
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
BabaO2:
Ogun PDP have more crisis in their hands than APC
True word. The crises in PDP has made it to look like a 2 horse race in that state. I may be wrong though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by mightyhazel: 8:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
LuciferAdvocate:
nor any state at all for that matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2019
ayomilore:

Play fair for where. There was a big gang up against him. It was in his senatorial District buhari lost heavily.
If APC had presented someone else it would have been a clear win for the person and buhari.
There is this belief that any election conducted on the same day always follow the same pattern
even teslim folarin that is almost dead politically won his senatorial District for buhari and all the rep that contested under his district won.
All the candidates that run for rep seat under Ajimobi lost to PDP candidates like their master.
You've spoken my heart already. That guy was bad luck to Buhari's reelection. I'm even praying that APC should lose this upcoming governorship election angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by teboi: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:

What did he do? I thought he was performing? Thats not a good excuse ? Abia and delta governors are hated by their subjects yet atiku won there.
but he lost his senatorial district compared to his apc colleagues..it shows a lot of people would have voted for pdp there also.
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by mightyhazel: 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:

southeast votes were actually stiffled,..using the card reader as excuse..while northern states having gotten weary of ballot thumbing,just outrightly wrote out figures..

take yobe and borno as cases

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
mightyhazel:
southeast votes were actually stiffled,..using the card reader as excuse..while northern states having gotten weary of ballot thumbing,just outrightly wrote out figures..

take yobe and borno as cases
I dont think so.south east do not vote,the 2015 and 2019 polls simply exposed your true voting strength and turnout.the north are known to always come out for polls.yobe results has been consistent since 1999 plus their love for buhari propelled them to turnout.borno have always polled over a million votes with the exception of 2015.even though there were rigging,it wasn't much and cant alter the final results.intact,there was more rigging in anambra and enugu.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
teboi:

but he lost his senatorial district compared to his apc colleagues..it shows a lot of people would have voted for pdp there also.
His senatorial zone has always been divided,the ifes are for pdp while ijeshas mostly apc.apc usually wins narrowly here.anyway,he fumbled.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 02, 2019
ayomilore:

You are right here.but i wonder where the gang up came from.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
LuciferAdvocate:

I totally disagree with This bro....
Am actually correct sir.but prove me otherwise.
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2019
mightyhazel:
nor any state at all for that matter
You are looking for consolation theories to cool you down.atiku was even lucky to win adamawa,ondo,oyo,taraba,benue,edo.most of you dont know how rigging works.it works where you are dominant and popular.whether apc rigs in the core north or not,they would still win.same for pdp in ss,se.the only thing both parties did was to shore up figures in their strongholds.
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by ayomilore: 10:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:

You are right here.but i wonder where the gang up came from.

From notable people in Ibadan. The guy really ruffled many feathers and people waited patiently for him on that day.
He's even making his party governorship candidate unmarketable for APC fans like me.
Ajimobi lacks character and has practically driven notable politicians away from that party.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman, Fiona Adesanya, Becomes First MP In UK Recalled Via Petition / Court Finally Takes Decision On Rivers State Demolished Hotels / I Bought Power At 62.5 Naira Per Kwh From EEDC against NERC tariff plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.