Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? (2378 Views)

APC Holds Rally For Tinubu And Oyo State Candidates (Pictures) / LP Youths After Seeing Ondo And Oyo Youth Walk For BAT / States APC May Lose In 2019 - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by franchasng: 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:

Actually,there was little or no rigging in the south west hence the narrowness of the margin same as in north central.only in the ss,se and core north where we have massive rigging.
Point of correction, if not for massive rigging, Buhari would have lost in Lagos, Ogun and Osun states.

The only southwest state Buhari would have won on free and fair election is Ekiti state.

You needed to have seen the massive rigging and thuggery in Lagos to suppress people from voting in PDP strongholds.

Buhari lost in all the elite resident areas of Lagos; Ikoyi, Lekki, VGC, some parts of Ajah, VI, Festac, Okota, Anthony, Ikeja GRA, Ikeja Secretariat that is Tinubu's polling unit (Buhari lost there too).

The reason Buhari lost in Oyo and Ondo according to a Southwest dominated WhatsApp group I belong to, is because majority of real Yorubas are not happy with Buhari's leadership style of witch hunting people that oppose him and sparing those that he likes even if they are very corrupt, especially Tinubu, Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Orji Kalu, Ganduje, etc.

Many Yoruba youths on that WhatsApp group also complain bitterly about increasing rate of unemployment since Buhari came in. Many shared experience of how they lost their jobs shortly after 2015 Buhari took over, and how their employers cited Buhari's bad government policies as the reason for their downsizing and shutdown.

And then some members from Ondo complained of how Fulani herdsmen invade farms in Ondo villages, especially the continuous invasion on the farm of that former Secretary to Nigerian Government (I have forgotten the name of the man), he said Ondo people love the man and listens to him.

Some Osun youths there complained of Aregbesola and that if not for rigging that APC lost the last guber election and that they must push APC out of Osun.

So in general, they voted based on issue on ground, based on the poor performance of Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by kayzat: 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
mightyhazel:
southeast votes were actually stiffled,..using the card reader as excuse..while northern states having gotten weary of ballot thumbing,just outrightly wrote out figures..

take yobe and borno as cases

Which south East? How many of your people came out to vote? You guys are always the biggest beneficiaries of the card readers failure and it's always been like that since 2015.

How come card reader always malfunction in most of the polling units in the SE and still you guys always come up with decent turn at the end of the elections while the actual numbers of the voters on the queue in the SE is always little?

One of the reason your leaders always fight tooth and nail to prevent another party from succeeding in the SE is to keep this practice as secret as possible.

Mind you I have witnessed elections in the SE before and I know as e dey go

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
franchasng:
Point of correction, if not for massive rigging, Buhari would have lost in Lagos, Ogun and Osun states.

The only southwest state Buhari would have won on free and fair election is Ekiti state.

You needed to have seen the massive rigging and thuggery in Lagos to suppress people from voting in PDP strongholds.

Buhari lost in all the elite resident areas of Lagos; Ikoyi, Lekki, VGC, some parts of Ajah, VI, Festac, Okota, Anthony, Ikeja GRA, Ikeja Secretariat that is Tinubu's polling unit (Buhari lost there too).

The reason Buhari lost in Oyo and Ondo according to a Southwest dominated WhatsApp group I belong to, is because majority of real Yorubas are not happy with Buhari's leadership style of witch hunting people that oppose him and sparing those that he likes even if they are very corrupt, especially Tinubu, Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Orji Kalu, Ganduje, etc.

Many Yoruba youths on that WhatsApp group also complain bitterly about increasing rate of unemployment since Buhari came in. Many shared experience of how they lost their jobs shortly after 2015 Buhari took over, and how their employers cited Buhari's bad government policies as the reason for their downsizing and shutdown.

And then some members from Ondo complained of how Fulani herdsmen invade farms in Ondo villages, especially the continuous invasion on the farm of that former Secretary to Nigerian Government (I have forgotten the name of the man), he said Ondo people love the man and listens to him.

Some Osun youths there complained of Aregbesola and that if not for rigging that APC lost the last guber election and that they must push APC out of Osun.

So in general, they voted based on issue on ground, based on the poor performance of Buhari.
Seems you dont know what massive rigging is.you are funny oh,using whatsapp groups to summarize a whole state.we can as well say that atiku wouldn't have won any eastern state if not for massive rigging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by kayzat: 10:30pm On Mar 02, 2019
franchasng:

it's either you've been fed lies or you're deliberately deceiving yourself. If APC really want to rig elections in Lagos State the margin would've been very much more than the results declared and by the way what is the population of eligible voters in places like Ikeja GRA, Alausa and other areas you mentioned in Lagos State? These areas are mostly commercial areas with little residents and a visit to these areas on weekends especially on Sunday's will attest to this.

On ogun state, I can say it anywhere that the elections conducted in ogun state was very free and fair. I was in ogun state during the presidential election and everything went on smoothly without or with little complains in few places like Imeko and Ipokia (the two issues are related to the house of reps elections and not presidential and till now I have not seen any of the candidates complaining in ogun state about the conduct of the election.

As regards Ondo state, I am not buying your reasons in that state too. When was the last time the herdsmen attacked Chief False's farm? How come the above excuses didn't prevent the party from winning the last gubernatorial election or those issues were not there as at that time? The party in Ondo state due to poor performance of the state government and Akeredolu's arrogance .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by franchasng: 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:

Seems you dont know what massive rigging is.you are funny oh,using whatsapp groups to summarize a whole state.we can as well say that atiku wouldn't have won any eastern state if not for massive rigging.
No bro, it is so glaring from onset that Igbos don't just like Buhari.

Even when Buhari chose Okadigbo as VP, Igbos didn't vote for him, and even if Buhari chose an Igbo man again as VP, Igbos wouldnt have voted him at all.

The massive rigging in the east was by APC politicians from Southeast to please Buhari so he can consider them for juicy appointments, if not for rigging, Buhari won't get up to 1000 votes in the whole of southeast, no jokes.

Igbos have been suspicious of Buhari before 2015, and instead of Buhari to prove them wrong when he won in 2015, Buhari further brought more hatred for himself through his bias and tribalistic leadership style of which I am sure u know of.

As for the WhatsApp group, its a youth revolution group I guess and they have groups in all Nigerian states all filled to the brim and the mods (a Yoruba guy) added me in all so I read their chats for over 2yrs now.

Majority of Nigerians didn't want Buhari to continue, let's tell ourselves the truth, it was massive rigging that made Buhari win 2nd tenure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by franchasng: 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
kayzat:

it's either you've been fed lies or you're deliberately deceiving yourself. If APC really want to rig elections in Lagos State the margin would've been very much more than the results declared and by the way what is the population of eligible voters in places like Ikeja GRA, Alausa and other areas you mentioned in Lagos State? These areas are mostly commercial areas with little residents and a visit to these areas on weekends especially on Sunday's will attest to this.

On ogun state, I can say it anywhere that the elections conducted in ogun state was very free and fair. I was in ogun state during the presidential election and everything went on smoothly without or with little complains in few places like Imeko and Ipokia (the two issues are related to the house of reps elections and not presidential and till now I have not seen any of the candidates complaining in ogun state about the conduct of the election.

As regards Ondo state, I am not buying your reasons in that state too. When was the last time the herdsmen attacked Chief False's farm? How come the above excuses didn't prevent the party from winning the last gubernatorial election or those issues were not there as at that time? The party in Ondo state due to poor performance of the state government and Akeredolu's arrogance .
I cannot talk much about Ogun State because I don't have much info about the election situation there to be honest, but Lagos was massively rigged by APC.

The rigging took place in PDP strongholds, they used voter intimidation, suppression, ballot box burning, ballot paper destruction and in Alimosho LGA areas and Agege, they used vote buying, which was why Buhari had a chance of closing rank on Atiku in Lagos, if not, Atiku would have won Buhari in Lagos with like 250k votes.

A friend's younger cousin told him how he and his mates collected 2000naira cash to vote APC. Some collected 5000naira, in Lagos; Alimosho, Agege, etc.

They know they can't rig in those elite areas of Lagos. Who do you want to buy his vote in Ikoyi, Lekki, Ikeja GRA, Festac, Okota, VI, etc

They used voter intimidation in those area they couldn't buy their votes and used vote buying in crowded areas with more of poor people.

There are video evidences of all these, not hearsay bro.

All politicians try to rig all over the world we know, but Buhari and APC took it to a whole new level and its really a sad one for the future development of Nigeria as a nation

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by kayzat: 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2019
franchasng:
I cannot talk much about Ogun State because I don't have much info about the election situation there to be honest, but Lagos was massively rigged by APC.

The rigging took place in PDP strongholds, they used voter intimidating, suppression, ballot box burning, ballot paper destruction and in Alimosho LGA areas and Agege, they used vote buying.

A friend's younger cousin told him how he and his mates collected 2000naira cash to vote APC. Some collected 5000naira, in Lagos; Alimosho, Agege, etc.

They know they can't rig in those elite areas of Lagos. Who do you want to buy his vote in Ikoyi, Lekki, Ikeja GRA, Festac, Okota, VI, etc

They used voter intimidation in those area they couldn't buy their votes and used vote buying in crowded areas with more of poor people.

There are video evidences of all these, not hearsay bro.

All politicians try to rig all over the world we know, but Buhari and APC took it to a whole new level and its really a sad one for the future development of Nigeria as a nation

You're definitely not been truthful Bro.

Are you saying pdp did not bribe people to vote? My family voted in Agege and I can tell you freely that both parties engaged in vote buying and pdp actually spent more and I have a video evidence of this. No LG in Lagos State received less than 40million from Atiku for vote buying in Lagos and the voters were paid #5000 each by the pdp while the APC paid 2k.

Pdp spent heavily here in ogun state too on the election day and we're even involved in PVC buying. They paid between 5000 to 10000 for each pvc in Abeokuta here.

On the issue of voters intimidation or violence in some areas I don't think this is about Lagos State alone as all the parties does in their respective strongholds
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 10:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
franchasng:
No bro, it is so glaring from onset that Igbos don't just like Buhari.

Even when Buhari chose Okadigbo as VP, Igbos didn't vote for him, and even if Buhari chose an Igbo man again as VP, Igbos wouldnt have voted him at all.

The massive rigging in the east was by APC politicians from Southeast to please Buhari so he can consider them for juicy appointments, if not for rigging, Buhari won't get up to 1000 votes in the whole of southeast, no jokes.

Igbos have been suspicious of Buhari before 2015, and instead of Buhari to prove them wrong when he won in 2015, Buhari further brought more hatred for himself through his bias and tribalistic leadership style of which I am sure u know of.

As for the WhatsApp group, its a youth revolution group I guess and they have groups in all Nigerian states all filled to the brim and the mods (a Yoruba guy) added me in all so I read their chats for over 2yrs now.

Majority of Nigerians didn't want Buhari to continue, let's tell ourselves the truth, it was massive rigging that made Buhari win 2nd tenure.
Keep quiet,pdp are the one that did the massive rigging in the east.before the presidential polls,i predicted that buhari will do well in ebonyi,abia north and imo and it happened.majority of ss,se dont want buhari.the result in adamawa and benue summarized everything...
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by Twy: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:
I expected buhari to win oyo with at least 200k margin and ondo narrowly but he ended up losing both.the south west states i thought buhari would lose is osun.i wonder what went wrong.residents of those two states should please clear my doubts.

The governors are not that popular and Buhari's performance is subpar. A lot of internet political trolls go deeper into ethnic, regional and social issues but fail to focus on important factors such as employment rate and inflation rate. Buhari was supported by majority largely because the Pdp were not performing and many felt it was worth a chance to try him and after four years, some felt he was not worth the hassle. Historically, Buhari is actually not well liked by many (take a look at his votes in 2003-2011) but the alliance with AC and PDP's fumbling made people look at him again at a different angle and hence he was able to win in 2015. Right now a strong base of his support is based on the support for the party against PDP. Not necessarily because of his personality, which is not the case in the north. Buhari should just focus on the job, he has won and he should go and look at what he can do better
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by oyatz(m): 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2019
What

happened in Oyo South was a case of transferred aggression from Ajimobi to Buhari and a case of protest votes

ayomilore:

Play fair for where. There was a big gang up against him. It was in his senatorial District buhari lost heavily.
If APC had presented someone else it would have been a clear win for the person and buhari.
There is this belief that any election conducted on the same day always follow the same pattern
even teslim folarin that is almost dead politically won his senatorial District for buhari and all the rep that contested under his district won.
All the candidates that run for rep seat under Ajimobi lost to PDP candidates like their master.
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by manlawal(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
senatordave1:
I expected buhari to win oyo with at least 200k margin and ondo narrowly but he ended up losing both.the south west states i thought buhari would lose is osun.i wonder what went wrong.residents of those two states should please clear my doubts.

let me start from ondo state the problem was caused by the governor, he refuse to let the party have direct primary and list of aspirant was submitted from different faction in which the party nwc made a mistake in fielding senator and rep from same town in ondo south and some areas the candidates were not popular they have to buy the slot from abuja , the governor on his part sold form for local government election only for him to decide he is using concensus candidates and money was not refunded he later started sponsoring his candidates under AA.

as for ajimobi he step on many toes including olubadan he wanted to devalue the throne of monarch, he upgraded the chiefs to kings and he has no control over his anger and mouth, the demolition of ayefele fresh fm affected them seriously that ajimobi has nothing to do than to rebuild the structure.
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by senatordave1(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2019
Twy:

The governors are not that popular and Buhari's performance is subpar. A lot of internet political trolls go deeper into ethnic, regional and social issues but fail to focus on important factors such as employment rate and inflation rate. Buhari was supported by majority largely because the Pdp were not performing and many felt it was worth a chance to try him and after four years, some felt he was not worth the hassle. Historically, Buhari is actually not well liked by many (take a look at his votes in 2003-2011) but the alliance with AC and PDP's fumbling made people look at him again at a different angle and hence he was able to win in 2015. Right now a strong base of his support is based on the support for the party against PDP. Not necessarily because of his personality, which is not the case in the north. Buhari should just focus on the job, he has won and he should go and look at what he can do better
You have summed it all.
Re: Why Did Buhari Lose In Ondo And Oyo States? by Gandollar(f): 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2019
Senatordave1, do you see how your fellow ZBs stayed away from this your thread? grin grin

You should give it up already.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If One Person Should Be Allowed To Rule Nigeria Indefinitely Who Should It Be? / FG Sets To Suspend N-power, School Feeding And Other Social Investment Programme / "Our Govt Is The Problem" - Reno Omokri Reacts To Access Bank Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.