Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,005 members, 7,866,803 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? (1772 Views)

How Can God Be Jealous Of Anything That He Created? Help Me Understand This Pls / Where Was God Living Before He Made Heaven And Earth? / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by onlyinJESUS: 6:53am On Mar 03, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Christians have told me time without numbers that heaven is God's home. A place he lives.

They also say that God has been in exixtence million years before he created heaven.

So the question is, where was God living before creating heaven?

Those who say such things are wrong. They aren't Christians,

No one understands the nature of God. All we know is, he created everyone and everything FOR HIS OWN GLORY.

He created the world, therefore, he must have been before the world. And that, FROM ALL ETERNITY....

He is the first cause and being the first cause he wasn't CAUSED
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by GreatResearcher: 6:59am On Mar 03, 2019
onlyinJESUS:

Those who say such things are wrong. They aren't Christians,

No one understands the nature of God. All we know is, he created everyone and everything FOR HIS OWN GLORY.

He created the world, therefore, he must have been before the world. And that, FROM ALL ETERNITY....

He is the first cause and being the first cause he wasn't CAUSED
where was he before the world?
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by onlyinJESUS: 7:04am On Mar 03, 2019
GreatResearcher:
where was he before the world?
This your question presupposes that you believe that God is matter, (mass and occupies space)

Your logic presupposes that you think God is like yourself (matter).

So, for me to answer your question, you've got to prove that God is matter as for me, I know God isn't matter, in his nature, he is incomprehensible so why bother myself.

I'd really love to know your worldview. You are an atheist aren't you?
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by GreatResearcher: 7:19am On Mar 03, 2019
onlyinJESUS:

This your question presupposes that you believe that God is matter, (mass and occupies space)

Your logic presupposes that you think God is like yourself (matter).

So, for me to answer your question, you've got to prove that God is matter as for me, I know God isn't matter, in his nature, he is incomprehensible so why bother myself.

I'd really love to know your worldview. You are an atheist aren't you?
ur bible says dat god created u in his image. So how come u are matter and he isn't?
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by onlyinJESUS: 7:26am On Mar 03, 2019
GreatResearcher:
ur bible says dat god created u in his image. So how come u are matter and he isn't?

Another baseless argument,
The statement that God created man in his image doesn't mean that God created man as he (God) is in himself (nature) else, man himself would be omnipotent etc..

There's an answer to that. I.e what scriptures meant by ".....in his image"
But, I won't tell you, I'd rather not cast pearls before swines.

You still haven't told me your worldview.

Are you an atheist
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Ihedinobi3: 8:53am On Mar 03, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Christians have told me time without numbers that heaven is God's home. A place he lives.

They also say that God has been in exixtence million years before he created heaven.

Space, matter, energy and time are all inventions of God. So, "where did God live before creation?" is a question that demands knowledge that is too high for creatures. We have no idea what existence outside of the Universe is like. The Universe was made for us creatures, not for God's own existence since He needs nothing like that. God is bigger than the whole Universe and His Eternity is longer than time can go forward or backward. So, He simply cannot be explained in terms of the Universe.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Saltoflife: 12:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Matt 6:9-10

9 “This, then, is how you should
pray: “ ‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,

10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Does the bolded in post corspond wit d bolded in ur post?

God uses small things like us to trouble the wise...
I said God is heaven him self you bolded our father in heaven...Have you forgotten he is in himself.
From the beginning there was the word and he is tge word.

His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.. he is the will nothing is outside him..

Is this clear now.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by GreatResearcher: 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
Saltoflife:

God uses small things like us to trouble the wise...
I said God is heaven him self you bolded our father in heaven...Have you forgotten he is in himself.
From the beginning there was the word and he is tge word.

His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.. he is the will nothing is outside him..

Is this clear now.
can u b in urself?. Explain how someone can be in hiself
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Saltoflife: 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2019
GreatResearcher:
can u b in urself?. Explain how someone can be in hiself

Of course humanly speaking my spirit lives in my body.
Spiritually speaking, God's ways human cannot comprehend.

Remember God uses the whole earth as his footstool.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 03, 2019
malvisguy212:
good, God is a spirit , the question is do spirit need a place to abide ? God is not age, God is not confine to space and He is out side time . there is no question of were was God BEFORE His creation because there CAN'T be a question of when was God. God just was and IS and will always was, any wonder why the bible say God is yesterday ,today ,tomorrow and forever .
what is a spirit?
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
amaniro:

You want to see him Abi?

Note: No one saw God.

I don't need to. I speak to him everyday we chat like friends.
That isn't a relationship. Its madness.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 03, 2019
This question simply cannot be answered. The meaning of the word "before" requires that it be within the context of time. "Before time" has no coherent meaning. Slightly better usage might be "outside of time" but this suffers from the fact that time is essentially inseparable from space. To say something is outside of spacetime is also incoherent.

There is also no need to explain the existence of God in or out of spacetime until there is some tangible evidence of his existence.

It is possible, and arguably valid, to say that both existence outside of spacetime and the existence of God are imaginary constructs so we are free to imagine them as coexistent. Even if we can't actually imagine either of them meaningfully.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by amaniro: 12:10am On Mar 04, 2019
IAmSabrina:
That isn't a relationship. Its madness.

You won't understand because you will never understand.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 04, 2019
amaniro:

You won't understand because you will never understand.
I don't even want to understand
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by advocate666: 1:16am On Mar 04, 2019
IAmSabrina:
This question simply cannot be answered. The meaning of the word "before" requires that it be within the context of time. "Before time" has no coherent meaning. Slightly better usage might be "outside of time" but this suffers from the fact that time is essentially inseparable from space. To say something is outside of spacetime is also incoherent.

There is also no need to explain the existence of God in or out of spacetime until there is some tangible evidence of his existence.

It is possible, and arguably valid, to say that both existence outside of spacetime and the existence of God are imaginary constructs so we are free to imagine them as coexistent. Even if we can't actually imagine either of them meaningfully.

spacetime is different from time.

Time is arguable infinite whereas spacetime is very finite.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by amaniro: 6:37am On Mar 04, 2019
IAmSabrina:

I don't even want to understand

Shey you're an atheist, good. Keep to your deluded thinking and later you'll find out you're just in a web of confusion.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 04, 2019
advocate666:

spacetime is different from time.

Time is arguable infinite whereas spacetime is very finite.
I know undecided
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 04, 2019
amaniro:

Shey you're an atheist, good. Keep to your deluded thinking and later you'll find out you're just in a web of confusion.
LoL!! The irony of this post. I'm not living in delusion, bro. I'm living in a reality i can observe comfortably without adding superstitions that have never been verified in a controlled setting. You're the one with an imaginary friend and I'm the deluded thinker cheesy grin

YOU keep to YOUR delusions,

Only that you'll NEVER find out that you've been deceived.

1 Like

Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by amaniro: 3:59pm On Mar 04, 2019
IAmSabrina:

LoL!! The irony of this post. I'm not living in delusion, bro. I'm living in a reality i can observe comfortably without adding superstitions that have never been verified in a controlled setting. You're the one with an imaginary friend and I'm the deluded thinker cheesy grin

YOU keep to YOUR delusions,

Only that you'll NEVER find out that you've been deceived.

Ok undecided
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2019
amaniro:

Ok undecided
Good smiley
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by GreatResearcher: 4:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
amaniro:

another word for theist is chump.
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by soulwin4life: 11:48am On Dec 09, 2019
GreatResearcher:

you can't be wiser than your creator or do you want to be caused like Adam and Eve
Re: Where Was God Living Before He Created Heaven? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 09, 2019
IAmSabrina:

I think the answer is simple

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Appears To Group Of 72 Christians About To Be Slaughtered By Boko Haram... / Marine World ,why We Have (spiritual Husband Or Wife ) / Nigeria: A Burning Cauldron Of Human Misery. The Soul That Sinneth Shall Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.