Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? (6197 Views)

14 Most Common Problems With Used And Second-hand Cars / These Are Top 5 Expensive Car Problems That Are Not Worth Fixing If They Go Bad / Horrible Road Accidents Compilation... Videos And Pix...graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
YET TOYOTA FANBOYS HAVE THE GUTS TO BADMOUTH NISSAN, MERCEDES AND HONDA CARS WHAT INSOLENCE!!

TOYOTA LEXUS HAVE THEIR OWN INSURMOUNTABLE ISSUES THAT THEY TRY HARD TO HIDE....

Bad design - giving back /hip pain
az, 05/23/2010
1 of 1 people found this review helpful
I had Corolla for 9 years. I had no problem with that except for its slow pickup and not-good for high speed (over 65) travel. But with Camry I am having back/hip pain because of poor interior design. Gear shift is not smooth, it gets stuck in there. Seating comfort is very poor - I am feeling the vibration in my back and hip. I feel I got cheated after buying Camry 2009 model. Anybody over 40 years old, don't buy Camry it is not worth it. You may get somewhat good mileage but it is going to hurt your health in the long run.

Horrible Oil Consumption Problem
By Liz on 12/21/18 07:00 AM (PST)
My 2009 Camry has been great other than the oil consumption problem that Toyota will do nothing about. Oil needs to be added weekly. I will not ever be able to sell this car to anyone with this problem. Will never buy another Toyota.

1 Share

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2019
Avoid the 4 cylinder camry
by Jason Mellor on Sep 8, 2018
Vehicle: 2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Avoid the 4 cylinder VVT-i Camrys. My Camry gave me a lot of trouble with nothing but its engine. The car was OK but whats the point of having a car free of trouble except for the engine. I had to replace its engine with a used one which cost me a lot and turned out to have a problem too. I regret buying a 4 cylinder Camry because the money I saved on gas I paid to the mechanic fixing and replacing the faulty engines. This engine is designed to run in perfect conditions only. If it overheats even for once then you expect to have the bolts that hold the valves head to move out of the engine block which is made of aluminum. The company counts on you to add one more concern to your life on top of all what you already have and take time to make sure that their engine is kept in a perfect condition. Over all the care had no other issues other than it is not comfortable and not fun to drive. The seats are too firm and flat you feel like you will fly out of the seat while taking turns. The doors are wide and give you space to get in the car but again the top is low you will hit your head against it multiple times while getting in to the car. The dashboard melted under the sun and some kind of substance "Glue Like" started to come out of the surface of the dash. I tried to clean it and used all of possible solvents and cleaners but it did not help. I believe that its dash is made out of some recycled cheap stuff. The interior is too plain and humble "which it common to most of Toyotas" and does not give you any feeling of luxury. All and all if you have to buy a 2009 Toyota Camry buy the 6 Cylinder Engine one and pay extra for gas but avoid what I have been through with the 4 cylinder VVT-i engine that sounds like a sewing machine.

3 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2019
Oilcoholic Camry -"The Oil Consumption Epidemic"
By Adrian on 11/21/18 07:22 AM (PST)
Vehicle
2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Review
My car started oil consumption around 120,000 miles. Took the vehicle to the Toyota Dealer were I purchased it. They ran an oil consumption test. They changed the oil and filter then I drove the vehicle for 1,200 miles and returned for the final result.It needed oil,so it failed. The dealer installed new rings and pistons . I also got a rental vehicle. All at no cost to me. I was told by the Service Manager that Toyota had honor a warranty to resolve the "Oil Consumption Failure" . I found hundreds of complains of oil consumption failure online were Toyota Dealers quoted the customers $5,000.00 to $6,000.00 for repairs. Others were told that it was normal,to change to a better synthetic oil,Etc. I believe all the dealers should had know and offer the same remedy or at least a uniform explanation to all customers. Many found no resolution. Many won't buy Toyota again.I have purchased 6 vehicles from my Toyota dealer in a span of 20 years.I'm in doubt about number 7 after learning that many oilcoholic Camrys were denied "Rehabilitation" .
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:04pm On Mar 02, 2019
Don’t waste your money
By Brian Mullins on 11/15/18 15:17 PM (PST)
Vehicle
2009 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
Review
Bought one of these used with 100,000 miles on it. From the very beginning I could tell it wasn’t as solid as the 2002 Camry I had prior. Feels very cheaply made with excessive weak plastic components. Transmission is the “I” transmission for “intelligence” but it slips going down hills and struggles to find and stay in one’s gear. The gear ratio seems way off compared to how it should feel. The engine runs good because it’s the 2.4 simple 4 cylinder. However, the piston rings had a flaw in the manufacturing process so the car will burn excessive amounts of oil. Gas mileage is worse than my previous camry and the car feels more heavy and sluggish. A huge disappointment from the other two Toyota camrys I’ve had and I will never purchase a Toyota again. Be careful when buying this generation of camry (2007-2011) because most will say they are not as good as their reputation precedes.
Best Features

Fuel economy

Worst Features

Acceleration Road holding Braking Shifting Steering Rear seats Noise and vibration Front seats Ride comfort Instrumentation Quality of materials Cargo storage Logic of controls Interior design Headlights Usb ports Bluetooth Repair frequency Engine Transmission Electronics Purchase cost Resale value Warranty

1 Like

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
I am in awe at what a piece of crap this car is
yousmell102, 05/28/2011
16 of 16 people found this review helpful
Leased a 2009 Camry Le back in the summer of '08. Couldn't be more disappointed. I have had the weirdest problems with this car, ie accelerator and brake pedals that have a mind of their own.
In the past year the car has developed an annoying and extremely dangerous problem where the tension of the gas pedal seems to be constantly changing. Sometimes, it responds with just the slightest amount of pressure, other times, applying it with the exact same amount of force results in no acceleration at all.
It's like the car encounters dead spots where it simply refuses to accelerate.
You'll need a burst of power to pass or just to get out of someone's way, and it won't be there!
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
about the 2009 Toyota Camry

HomeToyotaToyota Camry2009 Toyota Camry2009 Toyota Camry Sedan2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews
5(57%)
4(22%)
3(13%)
2(6%)
1(2%)
235 reviews
Write a review
See all Camrys for sale
2009 Toyota Camry
See reviews for a specific Camry model:
Items per page:51050
Sort by:
yousmell102, 05/28/2011
Leased a 2009 Camry Le back in the summer of '08. Couldn't be more disappointed. I have had the weirdest problems with this car, ie accelerator and brake pedals that have a mind of their own.
In the past year the car has developed an annoying and extremely dangerous problem where the tension of the gas pedal seems to be constantly changing. Sometimes, it responds with just the slightest amount of pressure, other times, applying it with the exact same amount of force results in no acceleration at all.
You'll need a burst of power to pass or just to get out of someone's way, and it won't be there!
Was this review helpful?
(16)
(0)
Report Abuse
2009 Base Camry
balkania, 05/02/2014
20 of 21 people found this review helpful
Bought the car brand new (3 miles on it). Currently I have 130,000 miles on it and I've had zero issues. I drive mostly highway, very little stop and go. Out of boredom I changed the spark plugs and the PCV Valve at around 80,000 miles. Been changing my own oil since the 50,000 mile mark. The only issue is the oil consumption. From the 50,000 mile mark to now the car would consume 2 quarts out of the 4.5 i put in over 5000 miles. On the most recent oil change I only got back 1.5 quarts of the 5 quarts I put in .(added 1/2 quart at around 3000 miles). Seems like the car has turned a corner
Was this review helpful?
(20)
(1)
Report Abuse
Not happy
jspec31, 10/11/2011
10 of 10 people found this review helpful
I decided on the Camry because they're supposed to be known for their reliability. I bought it with about 38K miles on it. When I first took it on the highway the steering wheel shook pretty bad. The used dealer balanced all of the tires, and it did get better. A week later he put on 4 new tires and it was a vast improvement. However, approaching 45K, the rotors are warped , as I can feel pulsation when applying brakes. The car does shake again on the highway. Also the gas mileage is junk! Probably the way I drive because I went from a 6 cyl to 4, but when being conservative I only got 27mpg at best. Interior cheap and uncomfortable, paint is chipping on plastic body parts.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
about the 2009 Toyota Camry

HomeToyotaToyota Camry2009 Toyota Camry2009 Toyota Camry Sedan2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews
5(57%)
4(22%)
3(13%)
2(6%)
1(2%)
235 reviews
Write a review
See all Camrys for sale
2009 Toyota Camry
See reviews for a specific Camry model:
Items per page:51050
Sort by:
yousmell102, 05/28/2011
Was this review helpful?
(16)
(0)
Report Abuse
2009 Base Camry
balkania, 05/02/2014
20 of 21 people found this review helpful
Bought the car brand new (3 miles on it). Currently I have 130,000 miles on it and I've had zero issues. I drive mostly highway, very little stop and go. Out of boredom I changed the spark plugs and the PCV Valve at around 80,000 miles. Been changing my own oil since the 50,000 mile mark. The only issue is the oil consumption. From the 50,000 mile mark to now the car would consume 2 quarts out of the 4.5 i put in over 5000 miles. On the most recent oil change I only got back 1.5 quarts of the 5 quarts I put in .(added 1/2 quart at around 3000 miles). Seems like the car has turned a corner
Was this review helpful?
(20)
(1)
Report Abuse
Not happy
jspec31, 10/11/2011
10 of 10 people found this review helpful
I decided on the Camry because they're supposed to be known for their reliability. I bought it with about 38K miles on it. When I first took it on the highway the steering wheel shook pretty bad. The used dealer balanced all of the tires, and it did get better. A week later he put on 4 new tires and it was a vast improvement. However, approaching 45K, the rotors are warped , as I can feel pulsation when applying brakes. The car does shake again on the highway. Also the gas mileage is junk! Probably the way I drive because I went from a 6 cyl to 4, but when being conservative I only got 27mpg at best. Interior cheap and uncomfortable, paint is chipping on plastic body parts.
Was this review helpful?
(10)
(0)
Report Abuse
Dashboard Sticky and Melting in Sunlight
ses4747, 05/29/2013
15 of 16 people found this review helpful
I bought this car used. In the 1st week my dashboard appeared overly shiny and sticky to touch. In the 3 weeks I've had it my dash as begun st melt literally with small to medium size holes in it. If anyone has the same problem I'd like to know. [HTML removed].
Was this review helpful?
(15)
(1)
Report Abuse
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
Oil today and gone tomorrow!
Tonya Stafford, 05/01/2016
LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
8 of 8 people found this review helpful
I have had oil consumption issues since about year one. I have owned it 8 years and have complained continually about the oil consumption issues. It uses a quart by 1300 miles after an oil change and another quart at 1100 more. I have driven it until it wouldn't crank only to discover there was no visible oil on the dip stick. I had the oil consumption test and qualified, waited almost a year on a waiting list to find out by accident that it was not documented correctly. I recently qualified again and am now waiting for the necessary parts which could take some time to come in. Seriously, my engine might be shot by then. Not sure I'll buy another Toyota, after all, this is the same car that caused me to almost crash as my gas peddle got stuck and drove me through main street at about 65 mph! Toyota should be better than this. Other than those two major problems, the car has been pretty good. My husband's Toyota Tundra is 14 years old and has 200,000 miles with no problems yet and we bought it new. Toyota might have slipped on quality where it mattered during the years my car was made.

I traded this car in September of 2016. Toyota had still not managed to get the parts to fix my car's oil consumption problems. It had a sticky dash that was on recall and I was just less than 200 down on the list to get it fixed. It had 123,000 miles on it. I just could not deal with the issues anymore. I did not replace it with a Toyota.

YET ANOTHER

Camry was purchased brand new and at 24,000 miles we started having problems with the car nearly quiting on us as we were driving it. Engine light came on & we've had it at a local Toyota dealership if not every week but every few months since (we now have over 60,000 miles). The car has had the computer reset, a coil replaced, last Friday April 29, a spark plug was replaced after the Toyota engineers reviewed the codes because the mechanics couldn't figure it out. Well, sorry to say, the car is back in the shop today-still not fixed!
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2019
STILL...

Hat!e It
annette1993, 04/13/2011
4 of 5 people found this review helpful
I hate it, absolutely hate it.
I had a 2003 Camry SE that was a fabulous cream puff.
In seven years never needed anything but brakes and tires.
Comfortable, well made, good on gas, great car, loved it.
Unfortunately, I totaled it and replaced it with a 2009 Toyota Camry LE.
What a terrible mistake.

I am really shocked, what a piece of junk.
Inside cheap plastic, one vent is broken, cup holder is inconveniently placed, and seat is extremely uncomfortable.
What were they thinking when they redesigned the interior?

I have never been so uncomfortable in a car.
The worse part is, I am very apprehensive while driving it because it has so many blind spots.
The rear window has extreme poor visibility.
The car also makes wide turns.
I cannot judge when parking or turning onto lanes.
I can’t see the curb when I am making turns.
I have to lean forward out of my seat when making turns because I cannot see where I am going
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
Disappointed with the Camry
Ron B, 10/08/2010
2 of 3 people found this review helpful
This car jerks before it accelerates. It lurks when the brakes are applied. The interior materials looks like it's made of cheap plastic. The color is ugly. Parts of the engine, drive shafts, bolts, nuts, show very early rusting, and got worse after a year. It is so underpowered that it makes a lot of vibration and noise during acceleration. I would not recommend this car.

YET.....
xle 4 cyl. sedan
ralph, 04/14/2009
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
I am disappointed at the mileage - about 14-16 city 20-22 highway. Also very noisy engine - sounds like it's always struggling, it needs more power. Also anything that makes it look sharper outside is an accessery (bodyside molding, body stripe, mud guards ). That's why they cost so much. Never again. Poor choice.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
Toyota = (disappointment)^2
UNHAPPY, 06/01/2009
A/C is too weak in the Summer. Heater is weak in the Winter. Plastic smells funny in the Summer. Seats are horrible and there is no way to relax. Looks old, like 2007 body. Observed gas mileage appears poor: 20 mpg. Ergonomics is very poor: I have to open my door with two fingers from the inside... Cheap-O stereo. Interior is cheap plastic garbage: Some of the dashboard parts have misplacement. Electronics (RPM failure) and some wiring issues were covered by Toyota since it’s a lease and I don’t care about details. My Story: I had no motivation to buy Toyota Camry but I needed a car ASAP (I graduated and moved to NYC in August 2008). I wanted to buy VW Jetta but NY dealers were playing games..

STILL
Just RUN! - Burns Oil, Toyota won't fix.
John in San Diego, 01/15/2018
4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
0 of 0 people found this review helpful
At 100k miles, we had to replace both axles, as the CV joints failed. Headliner started falling at 6 years old. The WORST part is the engine: The 4cyl engine, used in a number of Toyota's is junk. They burn oil like crazy. Toyota recognizes the design flaw, but won't fix anything unless the car burns more than a quart of oil per 1,000 miles.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
Replaced Honda Accord EXL
Greg, 11/11/2009
Honda V-6 got 27 mpg, 30 on I-5. Getting 25 on 4 cyl Camry w/80 less HP. It is gutless, but expected it to be, as we were trying to be more environ conscious. Interior is cheap- feel like I am driving an older Impala! Recently car started "surging" on the highway at 60-65 mph. Took to local dealer who refused to examine vehicle w/o me paying for fuel exam! Toyota's official line on surges are "floor mats." I was astonished and will never buy another Toyota, although we have had many, beginning with Corona, Cressida, Camry and Corolla before this Toyota. Overall it is very boring, seats uncomfortable, gets lousy gas mileage; is full of cheap plastic everywhere. We plan to sell it asap!
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2019
Toyota- oh what a dissapointment!
Kevman, 01/20/2009
The new generation Camry has disappointed me 3 months after purchase. The ride is good and somewhat quiet and the base 2.4 4 cylinder is peppy enough around town. The exterior is plain and sort of ugly in the front end treatment. The sides are plain and easily dinged due to Toyotas cheapness in not including bodyside moldings. Visibility to the rear is sometimes compromised and it's not always easy to judge the hood when parking. The base engine wheezes on long grades out on the open road or when there are more than 2 people on board and the 5 speed automatic can sometimes hesitate when downshifting. Stability/traction control should be std along with fog lamps if your advertising safety.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
Uncomfortable driver's seat
arlene, 09/23/2009
I am 5'2'' and I am sick that my new car has such an uncomfortable drivers seat. I never had a back problem and I do now. I bought the car for comfort for long drives, and now even in the car for 30 mins., my back is in pain. I am hoping Toyota has some sort of a cushion to rectify this very serious defect in a brand new car. The new 2009 design is the most uncomfortable seat I have EVER driven in, and I have been driving for 36 years in a lot cheaper cars in the past.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:32pm On Mar 02, 2019
Poor quality Camry
Johnwar, 03/31/2010
I purchased my 2009 Camry LE 4cyl, believing that it would be a good value and quality for the money I am putting in. After bringing it home and made a better look at it, I found out that the carpets were not even tacked to the floor. The rug seams were not even sewn together, and is hidden under the chairs. Looking under, I found the drive shaft were rusting badly and looks as if it is made of cheap steel. It may rust out in another year. I felt I bought a defective merchandise. THEN CAME THE RECALL..
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by HenryWilliams(m): 4:00am On Mar 03, 2019
Copy and paste..

1 Like

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 4:59am On Mar 03, 2019
HenryWilliams:
Copy and paste..
Yes. You Toyota fanboys buy these horribly made Camry's and have the temerity to insult German car lovers?!! What insolence

2 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by verifiablefacts: 8:09am On Mar 03, 2019
weyreypey:

Yes. You Toyota fanboys buy these horribly made Camry's and have the temerity to insult German car lovers?!! What insolence
but from their high sells, are the buyers blind or what?

1 Like

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by RZArecta2(m): 8:12am On Mar 03, 2019
Let me park my cullinan here cool
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2019
Terry of Dublin, CA
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019
We purchased a 2010 GLK 350 with around 70,000 miles on it. It performed well for several years although the headlights do not light far enough down the road. The driver seat MB-Tex upholstery failed in two places very quickly. $1100 repair. At about 100,000 miles the car would not start. The electronic ignition system had to be replaced for $2000.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:39am On Mar 03, 2019
Marion of Kemp, TX
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019
2013 E350 serviced every time it required service and every time informed them that the steering wheel tilt does not work - first time it was a software upgrade they installed - still did not fix the problem. Second time they found motor gear locked and unlocked it, again it did not fix the problem. 3rd time they made a steering adjustment and applied lube, and again it did not fix it. 4th time they want to replace the tilt motor for $1,300 and give me a 50% discount.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:40am On Mar 03, 2019
Sheila of Lenoir, NC
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Feb. 5, 2019
My car was in the shop getting repaired buy Mercedes dealer and he spotted an issue with the paint, the clear coat is peeling off the car creating ugly patches. This is a known issue to MB since 2013. MB has been quietly fixing the cars and has even discontinued the Mars Red. My car is 2014 and has less than 50K. While it was in the shop Hendricks auto gave us an estimate of 5500 to fix the issue. MB said Henricks of Hickory were not OEM authorized so sent us the Hendricks in Charlotte whose estimate was 6500. Same company 2 different prices for estimates.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:40am On Mar 03, 2019
PKC10 of Woburn, MA
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019
Nightmare experience. Was so excited to get my GLA 2015 4 years ago. I had been warned about repair costs but it is outrageous! I was driving on the highway, the car stopped accelerating and smoke went out of the back. The check engine light never came on. I was informed that it needs a new turbo and a water pump, $4700, and there “might” be engine damage. Both have been replaced and the check engine light is now on and the car has been in the shop for two weeks. The mechanic does not seem to know what’s going on or when I will get my car back. I will be getting this disaster of a junk box off my hands ASAP... Total money pit.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:41am On Mar 03, 2019
Chris of Ellenwood, GA
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019
Purchased a 2010 E550 Mercedes in August 2018. I have been having issues with an odor inside of the car and the air suspension going out when the car is sitting. Mercedes told me to contact the dealership for a diagnosis, which is $195. And to ask them to help me cover the costs. If the dealership does not - to contact Mercedes back. The car only has 85,000 miles on it.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:42am On Mar 03, 2019
Even Racism? what a shitty corporation.

Chris of Ellenwood, GA Verified Reviewer

Purchased a 2010 E550 Mercedes in August 2018. I have been having issues with an odor inside of the car and the air suspension going out when the car is sitting. Mercedes told me to contact the dealership for a diagnosis, which is $195. And to ask them to help me cover the costs. If the dealership does not - to contact Mercedes back. The car only has 85,000 miles on it.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:44am On Mar 03, 2019
Henry of Australia, Other
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019
I have very bad experience with Mercedes Benz. I have two recalls. I have battery problem. It cost me $2,300. My car is 200K but the quality is rubbish. After recall, I have to walk to the North service centre from train station because they don't answer to my telephone call for pick up. When I check the rate of Mercedes Benz, it is 27th which is bottom. The past glorious time is gone. It is absolutely rubbish. Anyone buy Mercedes Bend I call he or she is HOKU, which means foolish people.

friend purchased a brand new Sprinter back in 2017. After less than a year and just over 24K miles, the car had failed to accelerate with very noticeable knocking noise coming from engine compartment. My friend took it to Mercedes-Benz of Brooklyn and was given a lame explanation of cause by water buildup. He was given an estimate of almost $30K to replace the whole engine assembly. How ridiculous! The price tag for the truck is about 60K and less than a year and under 25K miles later, it needs a new engine! I can never imagine a brand name like Mercedes-Benz would produce a subpar product like this and yet refuses to stand behind. I do not think it is the right approach to retain existing customers and attracting new customers. I would give 5 thumbs down if I had the choice.

Naveen of Chicago, IL Verified Reviewer

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019
I recently bought Mercedes 2018 GLC SUV and really liked the car and upgraded the speakers to Burmester. Thought it would give me a good feel in the car with the music but I am totally disappointed with the audio system and I would rate 1 STAR for the speakers and 4 STAR for the car.

Search

EXTEND MY WARRANTY

Home

Automotive

Car Brands

Updated on 03/02/2019

Overall Satisfaction Rating

Based on 73 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Mercedes-Benz

ConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand

Mercedes-Benz is a German luxury car manufacturer. Read reviews for their models:

View More

Mercedes-Benz does NOT participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program. Learn More

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

EXTEND MY WARRANTY

682 Mercedes-Benz Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Sort:Recent

Filter by:Any

Ernest of Woodmere, NY Verified Reviewer

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019
My thoughts about Mercedes Benz Financial and Customer Care I'm completely unhappy, disenchanted and disappointed with Mercedes Benz Financial and Mercedes Benz Customer Care. To give you a timeline of events I leased a brand new AMG C 43 2019 MB on February 9th 2019 and exactly 3 days later the engine light went on and as of today February 26th the Mercedes Benz mechanics have yet been able to remove the engine light. Hence as of today my out pocket costs have been over 5,000 not including the ceramic tints I put on the new car all for nothing.

VIEW MORE

HELPFUL

Be the first one to find this review helpful

Terry of Dublin, CA Verified Reviewer

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019
We purchased a 2010 GLK 350 with around 70,000 miles on it. It performed well for several years although the headlights do not light far enough down the road. The driver seat MB-Tex upholstery failed in two places very quickly. $1100 repair. At about 100,000 miles the car would not start. The electronic ignition system had to be replaced for $2000.

VIEW MORE

HELPFUL

Not sure how to choose?

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Email

LEARN FROM THE PROS

We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.

Marion of Kemp, TX Verified Reviewer

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019
2013 E350 serviced every time it required service and every time informed them that the steering wheel tilt does not work - first time it was a software upgrade they installed - still did not fix the problem. Second time they found motor gear locked and unlocked it, again it did not fix the problem. 3rd time they made a steering adjustment and applied lube, and again it did not fix it. 4th time they want to replace the tilt motor for $1,300 and give me a 50% discount.

VIEW MORE

HELPFUL

Sheila of Lenoir, NC Verified Reviewer

My car was in the shop getting repaired buy Mercedes dealer and he spotted an issue with the paint, the clear coat is peeling off the car creating ugly patches. This is a known issue to MB since 2013. MB has been quietly fixing the cars and has even discontinued the Mars Red. My car is 2014 and has less than 50K. While it was in the shop Hendricks auto gave us an estimate of 5500 to fix the issue. MB said Henricks of Hickory were not OEM authorized so sent us the Hendricks in Charlotte whose estimate was 6500. Same company 2 different prices for estimates.

VIEW MORE

HELPFUL

Stan of Oceanside, CA Verified Reviewer

In January of 2019 we each received our new leased vehicles, and 6 months of free MBRACE. I have used this service in the past and it was tolerable, though hardly worth the ridiculous price. What is provided currently is horrible. It takes forever for someone to answer, and each time I call, the people who answer neither speak nor understand English. Guaranteed that when the free period is over, it won't be continued, and I highly doubt I will use it when it's free.

HELPFUL

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mercedes Benz?

1,397,779 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.

We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.

We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.

Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.

For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.

Ninkileri of Australia Verified Reviewer

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019
I bought this car in Dec-2016. From day-1, I could hear a screeching sound when applying the brake. When I reported, I was told that it is because it's a new car and after few days it would stop. But I observed that this sound was not reducing at all and hence I took the car to the agency. I was told that they did some adjustments and the sound should cease now. I observed the same and one more agency visit did not resolve this issue. I have done annual maintenance/servicing in Dec-2017 & Dec-2018. Both the times I raised this issue but was never resolved.

VIEW MORE

HELPFUL

2 people found this review helpful

S of Seattle, WA Verified Reviewer

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019
Bought a 100k 2018 AMG E43. Wonderful car with a digital dash. Not one issue with the vehicle. Always have driven Mercedes...but...MBrace is absolutely the worst app ever designed, second only to Mbrace customer service which is even worse. The Mercedes Me app never works and just times out or tells me the sunroof is open when it’s closed. Customer service clowns just say, "We are experiencing issues with the app," or, "Delete and reload the app on your phone..." Never anything helpful or useful. Calling them is a complete waste of time. $100k for a car that I cannot remote start. I love Mercedes but will consider BMW or Audi for my next car as the Mbrace experience is so darn maddening.

HELPFUL

4 people found this review helpful

PKC10 of Woburn, MA Verified Reviewer

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019
Nightmare experience. Was so excited to get my GLA 2015 4 years ago. I had been warned about repair costs but it is outrageous! I was driving on the highway, the car stopped accelerating and smoke went out of the back. The check engine light never came on. I was informed that it needs a new turbo and a water pump, $4700, and there “might” be engine damage. Both have been replaced and the check engine light is now on and the car has been in the shop for two weeks. The mechanic does not seem to know what’s going on or when I will get my car back. I will be getting this disaster of a junk box off my hands ASAP... Total money pit.

HELPFUL

TS of Oceanport, NJ Verified Reviewer

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019
I purchased a 2018 MB GLE 350 4 months ago with the expectation that the vehicle would have certain functioning amenities. WRONG!! I now own a $70,000 car that cannot even be started remotely because the Mercedes Me app NEVER works! I have to physically walk outside every morning and start the thing to warm up. I’ve called numerous times and am always told the app is down and being worked on. I’m sorry, but if this is true, they need better IT personal because millions of apps work perfectly well all the time.

VIEW MORE

HELPFUL

5 people found this review helpful

Roy of Schofield, WI Verified Reviewer

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019
mbrace Mercedes is waste of money. The app never works. Most of the time you can't even start the app. When you start it, it cannot locate, lock, or start the car remotely 9 out of 10 times. When you call the customer service, you have to wait a long time and at the end the issue remains.

HELPFUL

8 people found this review helpful

Chris of Ellenwood, GA Verified Reviewer

HELPFUL

Ericka of Kansas City, MO Verified Reviewer

My experience has been nothing but a disaster from both Mercedes-Benz dealership in Kansas and MO. They are very racist against people of color especially to women. I've never been treated so bad. You never get offered the same services as other individuals. This makes it very upsetting that I purchased this vehicle. After the salesperson was confronted about his behavior now he wants to try and pretend it didn't take place. Yes it did happen and he needs to own up to it. He doesn't need to work with the public. I don't recommend purchasing a vehicle from them to be humiliated.

HELPFUL

Henry of Australia, Other Verified Reviewer

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019
I have very bad experience with Mercedes Benz. I have two recalls. I have battery problem. It cost me $2,300. My car is 200K but the quality is rubbish. After recall, I have to walk to the North service centre from train station because they don't answer to my telephone call for pick up. When I check the rate of Mercedes Benz, it is 27th which is bottom. The past glorious time is gone. It is absolutely rubbish. Anyone buy Mercedes Bend I call he or she is HOKU, which means foolish people.

HELPFUL

5 people found this review helpful

Kevin of Dorchester, MA Verified Reviewer

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019
I am very disappointed about how Mercedes-Benz being so irresponsible of the subpar products which they do not stand behind. My friend purchased a brand new Sprinter back in 2017. After less than a year and just over 24K miles, the car had failed to accelerate with very noticeable knocking noise coming from engine compartment. My friend took it to Mercedes-Benz of Brooklyn and was given a lame explanation of cause by water buildup. He was given an estimate of almost $30K to replace the whole engine assembly. How ridiculous! The price tag for the truck is about 60K and less than a year and under 25K miles later, it needs a new engine! I can never imagine a brand name like Mercedes-Benz would produce a subpar product like this and yet refuses to stand behind. I do not think it is the right approach to retain existing customers and attracting new customers. I would give 5 thumbs down if I had the choice.

HELPFUL

3 people found this review helpful

Alan of United Kingdom, United Kingdom Verified Reviewer

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019
I placed an order for a Mercedes S class through a leasing company in October, for January delivery. Having placed the order I asked the leasing company for confirmation that the car had been allocated by MB. The leasing company suggested I complain to MB and ask them to confirm allocation. I had both written and MB at that time and they seemed to be responsive to my complaint. I then had a call from a woman from MD in Holland and she confirmed that the car had been issued for production, with delivery in Mid January. I contacted the leasing company who subsequently confirmed that the dealer still had no confirmation of allocation. My attempts subsequently to clarify the situation have been a complete waste of time.

VIEW MORE

HELPFUL

Naveen of Chicago, IL Verified Reviewer

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019
I recently bought Mercedes 2018 GLC SUV and really liked the car and upgraded the speakers to Burmester. Thought it would give me a good feel in the car with the music but I am totally disappointed with the audio system and I would rate 1 STAR for the speakers and 4 STAR for the car.

HELPFUL

W of City,City Verified Reviewer

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018
In one year I’ve had to take my vehicle into the dealership twice, both times for the rear wheel being bent sideways. Mercedes technicians say the wheel (just the wheel) was hit to cause the damages, two times in one year the same wheel bends sideways Mercedes will not take any responsibility for either manufacturing defect, poor workmanship or incomplete work. I’m trying now to get Mercedes Benz to stop washing their hands and blaming the consumer(s) on a clearly manufacturing problem. If anyone has had the same issues with their vehicle, please let me know. This GLE43 AMG is a lemon!!!
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:47am On Mar 03, 2019
Ines of San Carlos, CA
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Dec. 27, 2018
I was so disappointed when my husband gave me a keychain purchased at Mercedes Benz for Christmas to go with my new car, an E400. He bought it because it looked like it was Made in Germany. When I removed the tag, Mercedes had covered up the MADE IN CHINA sticker. I for one, refuse to purchase anything MADE IN CHINA, so I returned it. I believe Mercedes should show where their products are manufactured. There are a lot of us in the USA that do not want to continue to provide our hard earned capitalistic dollars to a communist country. Feeling cheated and deceived.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:49am On Mar 03, 2019
Scott of Boston, MA
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Dec. 9, 2018
Vehicle engine failed after this brand new vehicle had only 23 miles on it. Stunningly poor quality for a Mercedes. I’ve owned other MB vehicles without issue. But it feels as if quality control, from delivery of vehicle to end product, has massively deteriorated.

My advice, buy another brand.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:49am On Mar 03, 2019
Anita of Weston, FL
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018
I purchased a tire warranty from them and they assured me that a nail in the tire would be covered and they would replace the tire at no cost! They LIED. Now they claim that there is a clause that states that the tire has to be a certain level (WETF) that means in order for it to be covered - bottom line Mercedes Benz FLEECES customers - no wonder the product has become trash!
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:50am On Mar 03, 2019
Lucia of Trenton, NJ
Verified Reviewer
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018
We were delivered this car in April 2017. After less than 10,000 we have had to replace 2 Tires. After many conversation with the Lawrenceville Dealership in NJ where we were told that indeed the car is too heavy for the tires. No solutions was offered other than for me to pay more money to have the tires changed. Mercedes is aware they are selling a defective product that can potentially be life threatening and they are doing nothing about it.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:55am On Mar 03, 2019
Mike of Rocky Mount, VA
Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 30, 2018
I bought a 2006 S65 AMG 2 years ago with 72000 miles. This car has been nothing of a money pit. I found the original owner and he supplied me with receipts for repairs that totaled $7000. Within the first few months owning this, I had to replace the front strut... $3000. One year later, the ABC system hose failed draining all the fluid and destroying the pump. Cost to fix this? $10000. I did get a Vehicle Master Inquiry from the dealership and this car has been constantly inside the dealership. For a $172000 car when new, this thing is a MAJOR embarrassment for MB. I later did research only to find other horror stories with Mercedes and their 'top of the line' S series. I understand routine maintenance is needed on these, and was done on mine. Doesn't matter.
They are still very unreliable cars. "The Best or Nothing"...? LOL!!!
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:55am On Mar 03, 2019
Scott of Westerville, OH
Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 26, 2018
The Mercedes Benz E350 has been a complete disappointment. I've owned other cars by BMW, Acura, Ford and all surpass this supposed luxury car. The 2016 E350 voice command system is horrible, which is a problem since Mercedes designed this as the primary interface to all the driver functions. Completely useless. The GPS is also completely useless. If you can get it to correctly accept a voice entered address it will send you to the wrong place with the longest route possible. I am completely at a loss as how MB would include such inept systems in one of their vehicles. Detracts from any positives the vehicle might have.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Facts That Involves Nigeria, Automobiles And Transportation / CNG Cost 100 Naira, Full Tank Last 170 Kilometers (vid) / Some Issues With My Peugeot 307

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.