Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? (6218 Views)

14 Most Common Problems With Used And Second-hand Cars / These Are Top 5 Expensive Car Problems That Are Not Worth Fixing If They Go Bad / Horrible Road Accidents Compilation... Videos And Pix...graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:56am On Mar 03, 2019
Harry of Blue Mountains Ontario, PE
Verified Reviewer
Original review: July 6, 2018
Mercedes SLK 350 2012: Bad burning like smell entering car below steering wheel. Reported this to M.B. Canada and dealer when I bought the car. I was told to watch for oil drops, antifreeze etc for 3 years. Finally I found how I could demonstrate the smell to the dealer, who kept the car for over a month and drove 2000 km. Could not find the problem. Car was returned and I was told that they are unable to correct this problem and one of the managers will contact me. It might take a long time. That was August 2017. I wrote many e-mails, but nobody wants to talk to me. I am very unhappy with the people representing M.B. I also contacted Germany, but no help. I also contacted M.B. Germany, answer - "Contact M.B. Canada" which I did with no help from them.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:57am On Mar 03, 2019
Stacy of Royal Oak, MI
Verified Reviewer
Original review: June 22, 2018
I have a 1999 SL500. Car will not start. Dealer says key is failing and it needs a new key. Mercedes no longer makes this key. Car is inoperable. I’m waiting to see if Mercedes does anything. The customer care line offered me a 1,000 credit towards a pre-owned or new Mercedes for 2 years. What am I going to do with that? I have a car that does not run and cannot be repaired due to their negligence
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 8:58am On Mar 03, 2019
verifiablefacts:

but from their high sells, are the buyers blind or what?
They prefer to suffer in silence buoyed by the believe that other car brands are worse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by antagonist: 8:59am On Mar 03, 2019
Rohit of Fremont, CA
Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 30, 2018
This is my first time owning a Mercedes and I must say, it has been thoroughly disappointing!! Here's my issues with the Manufacturer and the Car: This is a plug-in hybrid so I expect it to charge at any Charge Point locations available. My C350e DOES NOT charge at my work location - I have 8 Charge Point stations here, none of them work for my car!! The charging stations work for 15+ different models though with no issues - Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt, Volt, Prius, Ford, BMW i3, i8... The list goes on. But my Mercedes WOULD NOT charge here. And when I call Mercedes Customer Service they told me as long as it charges at home that's all they care about. The Charge Point stations is not their concern. I used to own a VW eGolf and I charged it at work for last 3 years without any issues
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2019
Everywhere Toyota Toyota Toyota... Wakanda nonsense is it?

4 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by kingreign(m): 10:26am On Mar 03, 2019
weyreypey:

Yes. You Toyota fanboys buy these horribly made Camry's and have the temerity to insult German car lovers?!! What insolence
If I start telling you what Mercedes Benz drivers go thru, you'd piss blood.

Let's continue watching as you keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by penger: 10:33am On Mar 03, 2019
Nice reply to the Toyota bashing guy, all cars have their short falls
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 10:33am On Mar 03, 2019
kingreign:

If I start telling you what Mercedes Benz drivers go thru, you'd piss blood.

Let's continue watching as you keep it up.
Nerves touched. We have not claimed we are maintenance free!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 10:35am On Mar 03, 2019
penger:
Nice reply to the Toyota bashing guy, all cars have their short falls
You're missing the entire purpose of the thread

4 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:13am On Mar 03, 2019
Probably one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen.

3 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:23am On Mar 03, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
More insults.... No repudiation...

6 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by kingreign(m): 11:23am On Mar 03, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
I know him personally, and I know his travails with German craps Cars.

1 Like

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 11:25am On Mar 03, 2019
kingreign:

I know him personally, and I know his travails with German craps Cars.
Just like I know you and your Toyota struggles...and near death experiences in the Toyota shitboxes

6 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by olumide4christ: 5:13am On Mar 05, 2019
verifiablefacts:

but from their high sells, are the buyers blind or what?

Not really...its rather a "Herd Mentality" thing & the fact that many Nigerians make their decisions based on what their mechanics say. We all know that Toyota is the easiest brand for Nigerian mechanics to repair; of course, not the cheapest to repair though.

4 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 5:25am On Mar 05, 2019
olumide4christ:

Not really...its rather a "Herd Mentality" thing & the fact that many Nigerians make their decisions based on what their mechanics say. We all know that Toyota is the easiest brand for Nigerian mechanics to repair; of course, not the cheapest to repair though.
Please tell them

2 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 1:44pm On Mar 05, 2019
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by diportivo: 4:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
only u open thread

only u carry urself come counter the thread

repent

hell is real grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
Peem
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
diportivo:
only u open thread

only u carry urself come counter the thread

repent

hell is real grin
Welcome. Toyota fans should confess that it is riddled with hellish faults
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by weyreypey: 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
undecided
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by dicksonadams(m): 5:21am On Sep 01, 2019
The truth is all cars have their own issues and you are right, most mechanic recommend Toyota cause it is easy to repair, however it is not the cheapest.

Example tokunbo corrola 05 engine is 220k or so

Tokunbo 2008 honda civic engine is 130k or so

1 Like

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by charlesadeoye(m): 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
Apart from the older mercs. Later models are endless money pits, they suffer poor resale value... toyotas are proven to be reliable.. a bit expensive than their peers.. though it has its own shortcomings.

But buying a car depends on what you want/ your choice and what you can afford. The main purpose of buying a car is to have you, your family/friends/items and goods etc transported from point A to B...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by diehard1: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2019
Toyota cars burning 5W30 oil, just don't get it. angry angry
Have no other option than to start using SAE palm oil.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by diportivo: 6:42pm On Sep 01, 2019
people are actually taking smartchoices serious grin
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by Vivianat(f): 3:03am On Sep 02, 2019
Op thank you for this revelations....
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:54am On Sep 02, 2019
werey hafa Na
longest time bruv..... how's the Benz?
I see you single handedly made 2pgs
kudos, only you can do what u do

3 Likes

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by BamBamK: 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
lool.... leave am ooo, na senior man him be!!!
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:03pm On Sep 02, 2019
BamBamK:
lool.... leave am ooo, na senior man him be!!!

as per senior man I hope he saved all his login details somewhere on the internet.......

if na archaic method of using jotter then I'm sorry for him.....

one day he'll forget that jotter in the lecture hall and all hell will break loose

1 Like

Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by BamBamK: 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2019
HE SOUNDS TECHIE AT TIMES,I HOPE HE REALLY IS!!!

HE SHOULD BE AWARE OF CLOUD TECHNOLOGY AND THE LIKES

obekediamondfuto:

as per senior man I hope he saved all his login details somewhere on the internet.......

if na archaic method of using jotter then I'm sorry for him.....

one day he'll forget that jotter in the lecture hall and all hell will break loose
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by Vivianat(f): 4:32pm On Sep 02, 2019
I think the op is doing a great job. Almost all Nigerians including myself believe that there's no other car besides Toyota.
Re: Why Always Toyota with horrible problems? by radautoworks: 3:52am On Sep 03, 2019
The only reason Toyotas seem to have more faults is simple. There are more of them on the road. They are number 2 in sales in the US and number 1 in the world. Honda by comparison is number 4 in the US and number 7 in the world.

If you however look at the PROPORTION versus other makes, it's less. It's like saying how come more accidents happen in the USA? There are MORE CARS there. Proportionally, they can not touch Naija grin

An example using recalls
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2014/02/12/toyota-leads-all-automakers-in-us-recalls

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2019/01/u-s-auto-sales-brand-rankings-december-2018-ytd/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My GAZZUZ Experience / Five Common Roadside Emergencies And How To Deal With Them / Nigeria's Most Reliable Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.