Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? (12346 Views)

The 3 Main Blaspheming Of Satan / What Do You Understand By Ash Wednesday? / Pastor Adeboye Ambushed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by staen: 9:10am On Mar 03, 2019
Omuneizzy6:
Happy Sunday nairalanders, Please I don't understand this, is it by insulting or lying or talking against the holy Spirit that makes one blasphemy against the holy Spirit.
all i understand is that church especially in nigeria is a big scam
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by FAIRPOST: 9:12am On Mar 03, 2019
Either the delibrate denial of the presence of the Holy Spirit or His works or both.
You can learn the works of the holy spirit from the bible. GOD bless you...
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:16am On Mar 03, 2019
Which sort of confusion is this almost every comment saying different things
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by twosquare(m): 9:24am On Mar 03, 2019
smartzee01:
Does that mean those who have committed such sins are already condemned and need not waste their time seeking for salvation?

Please help me out!!!
No.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by paxonel(m): 9:27am On Mar 03, 2019
Omuneizzy6:
Happy Sunday nairalanders, Please I don't understand this, is it by insulting or lying or talking against the holy Spirit that makes one blasphemy against the holy Spirit.
to blaspheme againt the holy spirit is the same thing as not to be a christian.

Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me (,referring to the pharisees who didnt believe in christ and were never christians) is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. (referring to the same pharisees.remember,the disciples gathered with christ but the pharisees did not)
Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost(refusing to believe )shall not be forgiven unto men.

In otherwords, being a muslim or any other religion other than christianity is blasphemy againt the holy spirit because they refused to believe in christ.

Christ says i am the way the truth and the life, that means he is the only way
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by apelike1: 9:27am On Mar 03, 2019
Why little answer?

If you give your life to Christ Jesus and received the holy Spirit and later converted to Islam because of money or Worldly riches! That's is a blasphemy
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Chibuway(m): 9:33am On Mar 03, 2019
onlyinJESUS:

Blaspheming the holy ghost means a continual denial of the workings of the holy spirit.
Leaving a life of perpetual rebellion against God and his precepts
Thanks for this response.
Having a continual doubt and denial of the working of the Holy Spirit makes one to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.
God bless you for bringing up this issue.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Eberex(m): 9:37am On Mar 03, 2019
It simply means:

Believing that one is totally lost and cannot be saved by God.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by nkemakonam100: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2019
Holy spirit please forgive me in anyway I've gone short. I really seek for your mercy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Ihedinobi3: 9:47am On Mar 03, 2019
Omuneizzy6:
Malvisguy212 gave you a very good answer.

In short, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unbelief.

The Holy Spirit witnesses to the Truth of Jesus Christ. While our Lord walked the earth during His First Advent, the Holy Spirit witnessed to Him through the signs that He did. Later He witnessed to Him through Resurrection. Today, He witnesses to Him through the complete Bible. Unbelief is an indictment of the Holy Spirit as a liar. That sin can never be forgiven.

The only remedy is to believe. If an unbeliever turns from unbelief and believes, then they will be saved. But if they persist in unbelief, they are condemned. If a believer turns from his faith and falls back into unbelief, they will not be saved. If they repent their unbelief and believe again, they will be saved.

Unbelief is the reason why anyone who will be in the Lake of Fire will be there. Every other sin was paid for by the Lord Jesus on the Cross of Calvary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:05am On Mar 03, 2019
BIBLE QUESTIONS NEED BIBLE ANSWERS NOT THE OPINIONS OF MEN. BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE ONLY UNPARDONABLE SIN AS EVERY OTHER SINS LIKE ADULTERY,FORNICATION, AND EVEN MURDER CAN BE FORGIVEN WHILE BLASPHEMY OF THE H.SPIRIT CANT, NEITHER IN THIS WORLD NOR THE WORLD TO COME,SAID CHRIST. GO BACK TO MATTHEW 12:22- AND U WILL SEE THAT CHRIST MENTIONED IT,WHEN THE PARISEES ETC ASCRIBED THE MIRACULOUS WORK HE DID TO BEELZEBUB-THE PRINCE IF DEMONS. TO BLASPHEM THE H.SPIRIT THEREFORE ISNT TO RECEIVE CHRIST AND GO BACK INTO SIN ETC AS ONE CAN BE RESTORED BUT TO ASCRIBE A MIRACULOUS WORK DONE BY GOD THROUGH THE H.SPIRIT TO SATAN DUE TO ONE'S INABILITY TO DISCERN SPIRITS. MANY MEN OF GOD USE DEVILISH POWERS TO PERFORM SIGNS AND THIS CANT BE DENIED BUT IF YOU HAVE NOT GROWN UP IN THE SPIRIT WHERE U CAN DISCERN THE SPIRIT THAT A MAN OF GOD IS OPERATING WITH,IT IS BETTER TO CLOSE YOUR MOUTH AND SAY NOTHING THAN TO SAY SOMETHING THAT WILL ETERNALLY PUT U INTO TROUBLE. 070 5414 2412
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by stanliwise(m): 10:06am On Mar 03, 2019
Onnasucs1:
Read the previous verses. The Scribe and Pharisees said Jesus casted out devils in the name of Beelzebub. Attributing miracles, healings, deliverances and other works of the Holy spirit to the devil is blasphemy against the HolyGhost. So if a man of God just did a miracle that you're not sure about, instead of saying he used charms, just shut up.
what a half and one side explanation.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by CoolInfinity(m): 10:16am On Mar 03, 2019
Good morning to everyone on this platform wishing you a great SUNDAY AHEAD. TO me, as my personal opinion as a Christian I'm,

blaspheming of the only Spirit after you might have received it as your lord and personal Savior, after you might have BELIEVED and come to DISBELIEVED is not a good thing and he or she that vaiolted such will be judged by the God ALMIGHTY.

is alongside with those things you listed above like insults, lying and talking against it, And that is our believe we the CHRISTAINS. BUT like others people BELIEVED e.g Muslims.

THE HOLY QURAN @(Q2:218) STIPULATED THAT

After you might have believed and accept the Holy Quran and turn back to DISBELIEVED by BLASPHEMING it, the HOLY QURAN Repeatedly says who DISBELIEVED after BELIEVING the QURAN, the person should not be killed or punished and also who among you that turns back from his faith and dies while his a DISBELIEVER, it whole work shall be vain in this world and the next, that's they BELEIVE AS WELL THANKS.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by neonly: 10:20am On Mar 03, 2019
It is impossible for an original man to sin against the Holy Spirit to sin against the holyspirit d person must have experienced this
1.healing powers
2.prophecy
3.knowledge or expirence of the world to come
4.feel God power
eg Moses Paul peter
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by PeterChrist: 10:23am On Mar 03, 2019
There is this particular saying among the Yourbas:
Ti elebi ba ti mo ebi re l’ebi, ki pe l’ori ikunle

The guilty who acknowledges his guilt will not stay long on his knees

First and foremost, we need to know and appreciate the role and function of the Holy Spirit before we can deal very well with the particular verse in question. Concerning the Holy Spirit, let us hear from the Lord Himself:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is to your advantage that I go away, for if I don’t go away, the Counselor won’t come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. When he has come, HE WILL CONVICT THE WORLD ABOUT SIN, about righteousness, and about judgment; about sin, because they don’t believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to my Father, and you won’t see me any more; about judgment, because the prince of this world has been judged. (John 16:7-11)

One of the roles of the Holy Spirit is convict people of their sins and iniquities. It is also the Holy Spirit that convict people such that they recognize Jesus for who He truly is. For it is written:

Therefore I make known to you that no man speaking by God’s Spirit says, “Jesus is accursed.” No one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” but by the Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:3)

Committing an offense is one thing, refusing to acknowledge the offense is another. When one commits a sin against God, the role of the Holy Spirit is to try and reconcile you back to God. The first He does is to convict you and let you know how you’ve broken God’s heart. The conviction will definitely send you to your knees crying out for forgiveness. Some people harden their heart against the conviction of the Holy Spirit hence they would fail to ask for forgiveness. For our Lord Himself, when blasting the prevailing self-righteousness in his day, said:

“If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, ‘We see.’ Therefore your sin remains.” (John 12:41)

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is also the same as rebelling against the conviction of the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit presents evidences to someone in order to bring him/her into the truth yet the person is desperately trying to explain the evidences away, the person is blaspheming against the Holy Spirit.

So the unforgivable sin is the unwillingness to request for forgiveness.
For massive Biblical data, you can consult this article:
https://seasonedapologist.com/2018/11/02/the-merciful-son-and-the-embittered-spirit/

1 Like

Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by kevoh(m): 10:28am On Mar 03, 2019
A ghost that is holy! grin grin grin Then another group will tell you Ghost is not the same as Spirit, therefore Holy Spirit and not Holy Ghost! Another group will tell you a Father is also the Son and at the same time is a Spirit or Ghost undecided undecided undecided And when you tell them you don't understand this Father, son, spirit relationship, they tell you, you need this same Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost in the aforementioned relationship to understand it! More confusion!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Heterodox(m): 10:46am On Mar 03, 2019
themosthigh:
Blaspheming against the Holy Ghost is a vile and unforgivable sin which if you commit, you name will immediately be wiped from the book of life for ever and at death, you will be deposited in the deepest part of hell close where even devils fear to visit. God will not even waste his time judging you - you are condemned immediately. Commitimg this vile sin is equivalent to crucifying Christ afresh.
Will you shut up
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by ZAWs: 10:48am On Mar 03, 2019
When you talk "ill" against the Holy Ghost.
As a matter of fact, such sins CAN NEVER be forgiven
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by charlsecy(m): 10:48am On Mar 03, 2019
Anyone who is concerned about whether or not they have blasphemed against the Spirit have not done so.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by hope4life: 11:07am On Mar 03, 2019
Omuneizzy6:

Ascribing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan.This can be seen from the Bible context where the issue was raised. When the Holy Spirit is at work and you say it is the devil.Of course Satan also.mimics the work of the Holy Spirit so be careful to discern which is which
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:15am On Mar 03, 2019
Doctrine of men at work.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Ojetayo17(m): 11:34am On Mar 03, 2019
"Blasphemin" Don't go area.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Babalegba(m): 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
Onnasucs1:
Read the previous verses. The Scribe and Pharisees said Jesus casted out devils in the name of Beelzebub. Attributing miracles, healings, deliverances and other works of the Holy spirit to the devil is blasphemy against the HolyGhost. So if a man of God just did a miracle that you're not sure about, instead of saying he used charms, just shut up.
You are wrong.Your explanation would give the juju dealing false prophets a home in Christiandom. Yours is another version of touch not my anointed.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2019
Wonderful question and really nice answers coming from many based on their understanding.
There are certain things we must consider before standing on a particular opinion or idea. They are
1. The Trinity..........How can the Father and Son forgive sin and the Holy Spirit does not?
2. If the sin of blasphemy is not forgiven it means that it is bigger than the ATONING SACRIFICE OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST which He paid by HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD.
3. 1 John 2:2 told us that the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ has atoned for our sins and the sins of the world. If this is so can blasphemy against the Holy Ghost stop that divine promise?
4. Luke 23:34.......according to the the Lord Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary, He prayed...father forgive them for they know not what they do...... What about the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that cannot be forgiven before He was hung on the Cross of Calvary?
5. Can we say that the words of the Lord Jesus Christ is in vain in Matthew 12:32.......No God forbid!!!
6. Is there room for us to consider Apostle Paul before his conversion?..... I think we can draw a good amount of answers from His encounter.
So in order not to fall into confusion or error we must stand on a balance that can accommodate every WORDS OF THE SCRIPTURES WITHOUT CONTRADICTIONS.
MY ANSWER:
1.No Christian can commit the sin of blasphemy!!!!
2. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the SIN OF UNBELIEF!!!!
3. Unpardonable sin is refusal to accept the Salvation of the Lord Jesus Christ and the resultant effect is everlasting damnation.
But thanks be to God Almighty who according to His will desire that every man should be saved through the Lord Jesus Christ and I believe HIS WILL MUST BE ACCOMPLISHED by the power of the Holy Spirit who has come to convict the world concerning sin, righteousness and judgement.
Amen.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Firebomber: 12:28pm On Mar 03, 2019
CoolInfinity:
Good morning to everyone on this platform wishing you a great SUNDAY AHEAD. TO me, as my personal opinion as a Christian I'm,

blaspheming of the only Spirit after you might have received it as your lord and personal Savior, after you might have BELIEVED and come to DISBELIEVED is not a good thing and he or she that vaiolted such will be judged by the God ALMIGHTY.

is alongside with those things you listed above like insults, lying and talking against it, And that is our believe we the CHRISTAINS. BUT like others people BELIEVED e.g Muslims.

THE HOLY QURAN @(Q2:218) STIPULATED THAT

After you might have believed and accept the Holy Quran and turn back to DISBELIEVED by BLASPHEMING it, the HOLY QURAN Repeatedly says who DISBELIEVED after BELIEVING the QURAN, the person should not be killed or punished and also who among you that turns back from his faith and dies while his a DISBELIEVER, it whole work shall be vain in this world and the next, that's they BELEIVE AS WELL THANKS.

Edit that only to Holy,

Happy Sunday
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Satan66(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
God is mad
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by TumblrGyal(f): 12:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
When u deceive in the name of the Holy Spirit like false prophets, self-acclaimed ordainance by God, performin shams signs and wonders n labellin dem miracles from heaven, cursing the name of the lord.Sketchy picture but i hope y'all get it
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by God2man2again(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
Speaking blasphemous words to the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by sacx: 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
I can't start explaining. If you are a believer , you have nothing to worry about. You can't blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Do You Understand By Blaspheming Against The Holy Ghost? by Naijageak(m): 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2019
Sins against the Holy Spirit.
There are some things against the Holy Spirit which must be look into. They are listed during and explain below:

1. Despair : When an individual Believes that his or her Evil or sufferings are beyond God's forgiveness or Control .

2. Presumption: The hope of salvation without keeping the God's Commandments, or expectation of pardon for sin without repentance.

3. Envying the goodness of another :Sadness at another's growth in virtue and perfection.

4. Obstinacy in sin : willful persisting in wickedness, and running on from sin to sin, after sufficient instructions and admonition.

5. Final impenitence : To die without either confession or contrition or sincere sorry for our sins.

6. Impugning the known truth : To argue against known points of faith, and this includes misrepresenting parts or all of the Christian faith to make it seem undesirable.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are You Thanking God For As 2020 Is Coming To An End? / Behold The Richest Pastors In Nigeria! / Inviting Rudedough To A Discussion On God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.