Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,985 members, 7,863,510 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (200760 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 9:01am On Aug 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

Thanks....will do so

I know I have offended my oga,logicboy with the title of the thread

I dey postration mode..am sorry sir
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 26, 2013
Ajibam:

You didnt offend me.

Na Striklymi and his christian colleagues dey vex.

I dont have wahala

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by saintvc(m): 9:09am On Aug 26, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: toba, I think you would dance azonto if the younger ones were given a boot.

The thread you are complaining about, you never contributed anything meaningful on it, why does it bother you so much?

adress the issue and not the speaker

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by saintvc(m): 9:11am On Aug 26, 2013
striktlymi: Hi seun,

I know you might not get to read this but still I have to try...

As stated in my post to you here... I have two complaints to make, which I will elaborate on, in two separate posts. My complaints are:

1) No formal avenue for reporting moderators when they use their powers arbitrarily.

2) The section is greatly skewed to favour 'Christianity' or better still protestantism.

2) The section is greatly skewed to favour 'Christianity' or better still protestantism.

The drama yesterday was quite interesting and rather 'entertaining' and I felt it can't get any worse but boy am I wrong.

The rate at which this section is being 'Christianized' is quite alarming and I am not pleased with it in the very least. It was bad enough that 'Christians' were given a dedicated chatting thread but only ridiculous that they now have 4 dedicated 'Christians' only thread stickied.

Why should 'Christians' have:

1) Christian bible quiz thread https://www.nairaland.com/1362817/christian-bible-quiz-ladies-vs
2) Christian praise thread https://www.nairaland.com/110109/praised-him-yet-today
3) Christian abode thread https://www.nairaland.com/1411899/welcome-christians-abode-new-members
4) Christian chatbox https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christian-chatbox

I mean what exactly is the rationale for so many threads for 'Christians' in a religion section Especially when proponents of those threads do not believe that Christianity is a religion. To put it in proper perspective, the question should be: why do we have so much protestant threads stickied in a religion section?

I am quite sure that if a catholic goes into any of those threads and address the brethren with the greeting: "Glory to Jesus...Honour to Mary" he/she will be crucified for it. Hence the threads are intrinsically protestant.

The move to 'Christianize' the religion section is not welcomed, and a step in the wrong direction. If this move is inevitable, please give 'Christians' their own dedicated subsection and tag it: "Christianity for protestants".

Seun, if you believe in numbers then be rest assured that the combination of Catholics, pagans, Atheists, Deists etc constitute the majority in nairaland and not protestants.

you write like a lawyer.are you one?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 9:20am On Aug 26, 2013
saintvc:

you write like a lawyer.are you one?

He is not..when he is angry!! He pretends as onegrin
When he is happy,,confirm ANGEL
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by saintvc(m): 9:33am On Aug 26, 2013
WE ALL KNOW THIS MODS ARE NEW IN THE JOB. LETS GIIVE THEM TIIME TO LEARN.LETS STOP MAKING JOB MORE DIFFICULT FOR THEM BY FINDING FAULTS IN EVERY ACTION THEY TAKE.
CONSTANT COMPLAIN LEADS THEM TO MAKING MORE MISTAKES.PLZ LETS STOP.

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 26, 2013
Logicboy03:

You didnt offend me.

Na Striklymi and his christian colleagues dey vex.

I dont have wahala
See LB dey form 'not offended'... lol, you don change o... tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 26, 2013
Tgirl4real: This section is always sizzling and buzzling. Lol

and I thot my family people get wahala. grin

@Muskeeto,

Toba doesn't need baygon to kill u if he is truly a toad, all he needs is to lick u away. Heheheehehe

Lmao.

Have a great week guys.. We all need it...
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 26, 2013
musKeeto:
See LB dey form 'not offended'... lol, you don change o... tongue

My focus is on my atheist ministry.......

No more arguing with mods over irrelevant things

#i don port to mature atheism

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrTroll(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2013
Ahem!

Bump. grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by lanrexlan(m): 10:19am On Aug 26, 2013
Moderators,please any tangible reason for locking this thread?
www.nairaland.com/1409895/bible-proves-muhammad-false-prophet/1#17674349
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by saintvc(m): 10:23am On Aug 26, 2013
lanrexlan: Moderators,please any tangible reason for locking this thread?

any post about islam,mohammed is taken by the muslim mod from any section to islamic sectionn
.after that,it is scrutunised..if it is against islam,it is locked, hidden and poster banned till 2030
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 10:25am On Aug 26, 2013
lanrexlan: Moderators,please any tangible reason for locking this thread?

Read My comment there
The thread leads to argument..all arguments result to fight..don't post against others topic..
Am sorry,you left me with no choice
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 10:26am On Aug 26, 2013
saintvc:

any post about islam,mohammed is taken by the muslim mod from any section to islamic sectionn
.after that,it is scrutunised..if it is against islam,it is locked, hidden and poster banned till 2030
Thank you
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2013
ATMC: congrats, u fixed ur keyboard and can now type in lower case? i see
its a miracle. my keyboard saw the light and jumped from higher to lower case cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mintayo(m): 11:20am On Aug 26, 2013
saintvc: WE ALL KNOW THIS MODS ARE NEW IN THE JOB. LETS GIIVE THEM TIIME TO LEARN.LETS STOP MAKING JOB MORE DIFFICULT FOR THEM BY FINDING FAULTS IN EVERY ACTION THEY TAKE.
CONSTANT COMPLAIN LEADS THEM TO MAKING MORE MISTAKES.PLZ LETS STOP.

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by howlongthislife: 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
howlongthislife: Please mods:

AntispamBot banned truthislight for https://www.nairaland.com/1411765/fathers-what-pastor-cozas-daughter#17683719. Ban expires at Today at 01:38:44 PM.

Banned by AntispamBot in Religion for https://www.nairaland.com/1411765/fathers-what-pastor-cozas-daughter#17683719. Ban expires on 12:38pm On Aug 27

^

please untag him and the post that has been hidden.

Thank you.
done
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by oiseworld: 1:21pm On Aug 26, 2013
Pls mod, bring the thread "have you praised him yet today" back to the front page, I can't find it there.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by howlongthislife: 1:22pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ajibam:

Overkill. Watch it...
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
obadiah777: done

thanks men !

It feels good to be freed. grin

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
howlongthislife:

Ah! Not quite, still hanging.

Its like it was two instances for that one post.

Not yet freed.

Bro! Well done.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2013
Mods, I demand to know why my post was hidden in this thread
www.nairaland.com/1411578/injustice-religion-section-nairaland#1411578.9

I did not break any rules, so I demand to know why I am being gagged.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ishilove: Mods, I demand to know why my post was hidden in this thread
www.nairaland.com/1411578/injustice-religion-section-nairaland#1411578.9

I did not break any rules, so I demand to know why I am being gagged.
I just checked it out hun. am thinking some muslims may take offence to it is why it was hidden. let me quote your post and let you decide

I see your point sha. Those folks are very volatile and one never knows when a seemingly innocent comment will spark another Fun of "holy" violence and bloodshed.
its a blanket statement on ALL muslims
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
truthislight:

thanks men !

It feels good to be freed. grin
no problemos sire wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UyiIredia(m): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: they were just unfit

FACEPALM !
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UyiIredia(m): 3:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
To the new mods, you have my support and I hope we get along well. I would like to know the mods starting in particular with Ajibam, since I don't recall interacting with him before. I'll start.

My (real) name is stated. 22 years. Currently deist. First-born in my family. Good in some respects and bad in others (food and sex cry). Love watching documentaries, reading books of any sort as long as it interests me, writing poems and essays, occassional strolling. On this site my behaviour has been at least, average. I initially used to have e-fights with Mudley but that's years back and nothing major since then so I shouldn't be to troublesome. I think I'm less polite online than real-life but of course, since I'm not here in cognito I am faitly discreet with what I say though I opine I have a bit more leeway here, more so since I'm dealing with familiar strangers here. Influenced a lot and very active on this section relative to others. So far, I'm content with it.

What I want to know from new mods: A bit about you (as you'll like), behaviours you like or dislike, how open are you to various religions or ideologies etc

P.S: Kibda funny obadiah is mod lolz. This is gonna be interesting. NL's only mod known for wild theories and ganja.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 3:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
obadiah777: I just checked it out hun. am thinking some muslims may take offence to it is why it was hidden. let me quote your post and let you decide its a blanket statement on ALL muslims
This is very irritating. I was quoting Seun. If you call THAT a blanket statement, what of Seun's own??

I wrote 'those folks'...how is that a blanket statement?? And even if it is, so what? Am I no longer entitled to voice my opinions here without the fear of trodding on the o-so-sensitive muslim sensiblities?? I am so pissed off. Tell me let me know so that I will stop posting here.

I did NOT break any rule. Go through the 20 rules and point out exactly which one I broke. If you can't, then I demand to have my post released. This is the religion section, not the Islam section so I refuse to be gagged.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorKun(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
I received a notification that I have a PM, however I use a hotmail.com email address and somehow NL PMs don't get delivered to hotmail addresses so I can't access the PM.

Whoever sent the PM should let me know and I can then communicate an alternative way of reaching me. Thanx
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: To the new mods, you have my support and I hope we get along well. I would like to know the mods starting in particular with Ajibam, since I don't recall interacting with him before. I'll start.

My (real) name is stated. 22 years. Currently deist. First-born in my family. Good in some respects and bad in others (food and sex cry). Love watching documentaries, reading books of any sort as long as it interests me, writing poems and essays, occassional strolling. On this site my behaviour has been at least, average. I initially used to have e-fights with Mudley but that's years back and nothing major since then so I shouldn't be to troublesome. I think I'm less polite online than real-life but of course, since I'm not here in cognito I am faitly discreet with what I say though I opine I have a bit more leeway here, more so since I'm dealing with familiar strangers here. Influenced a lot and very active on this section relative to others. So far, I'm content with it.

What I want to know from new mods: A bit about you (as you'll like), behaviours you like or dislike, how open are you to various religions or ideologies etc

P.S: Kibda funny obadiah is mod lolz. This is gonna be interesting. NL's only mod known for wild theories and ganja.
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.