Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (197872 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Thanks Ishilove.

Actually I have one more observation and one suggestion (tbh partly half-hearted - esp re 2 & 3 below).

The Christian Chat thread did not suddenly become a sticky, it became a sticky because it had certain qualities. Chief of these qualities is --- popularity as evidenced by the frequency of posts that got it noticed by the then moderators.

It is a great indulgence to have a stickied Non-Christian Chat thread when its potential popularity is not certain or guaranteed. This means those who are complaining after having been so indulged are ingrates.

Now let us make a counter suggestion against those intended to undermine the Christian Chat thread.

1. Leave the Christian Chat thread as it is. Afterall it achieved that status looong before and irrespective of the idea of a Non-Christian Chat thread.

2. Unsticky the current Non-Christian Chat thread and let it find its own level.

3. Suggest to Non-Christians to start a Chat thread by and for themselves and let them set the Rules for the thread. Keep an eye on the thread and if and when it achieves a sufficient level of popularity as to be deserving, then sticky it.

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
@Enigma
Actually it was me who decided to sticky the christian chat thread because it had done 22 pages in a very short time. I decided to replace it with the Christian. E Worship thread that only Olaadegbu & Grace5 patronized. If i had not stickied it. It would have faded out eventually. If i had forseen the issues that we're having now because of it i doubt if i would not have stickied it.

@mods. I stickied the bible quiz thread because its a very popular thread. Which one of you three decided to unsticky it & why?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
truthislight:

Ok then, you are able to know all you assumed by the content of their post then.

So, what has an ID posting on any thread got to do with its religion if he did not post on religiouse matters or issues or even reflects on that ?

I don't know why this is so difficult to grasp...

We have two threads or 'chat boxes' if you like...

One is tagged the Christian chatbox while the other the non-Christian chat box...

Two professed Christians were looking for the ideal spot to continue a 'romance'...

They had the following options:

a) The Romance section.
b) The Christian chat box.
c) PM things.

They left all that option and created an option D: the non-Christian chat thread....

A non-Christian saw all the goings on in 'their' thread and was rightly irritated by it...

Some non-Christians (LB & Mr Troll) asked them to stop and leave...

The Christian response was to form 'we can be wherever we want and do whatever we want'...

When the reverse was the case in the Christian chat thread:

HumbledbYGrace: Sorry for the incovinience guys, I needed to clean the house...@Mynd, I don't know the direction to the sexuality section but I bet you know so please respect our cozy lil haven smiley

Thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christian-chatbox/185#17885507

The non-Christian response was:

Mynd_44: gringrin

my bad.

Apologies
https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christian-chatbox/185#17885991

to tender an apology...

Even when a fellow Christian and mod saw the wrong done:

HumbledbYGrace: your so right, I would complain too if something like this was happening I mean what's wrong with christians derailing this thread? This place is for atheists and co....Obadiah make una commot for this place o angry
https://www.nairaland.com/1412636/non-christian-chatbox-atheists-buddhists-voodooism/5#18032422

the 'love birds' still went ahead with their thing and even went as far as 'insulting' a non-Christian in 'their' thread.

After all these you guys come hear to defend a wrong act?? This is really unbelievable.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UjSizzle(f): 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
@Enigma
You keep making sense more and more everyday.

@Manmustwac
What you term 'issues' is nothing but miscreants looking for trouble...don't indulge them.

I've said before that atheists and whoever else should make their own chat thread if they so desire. These people were perfectly happy when they had none before the mods thought it 'wise' to start one...funny enough they still insisted it wasn't necessary.

Like Enigma suggested.. Mods pls delete the atheist thread and let them create one for themselves and make their own rules!
This shouldn't even be an issue!! angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ishilove:
Nay striky, I disagree. You are the one painting white black here.

Don't just say it, demonstrate it, then I would take it seriously.

Ishilove:
LB left because his selfishness was not pandered to by the mods.

Can you demonstrate the above??

On the other hand, I can demonstrate that you provoked him to leave.

This was the post he responded to before he left:

Ishilove:
Up your hole with a ten-foot pole, you nagging little douche bag

his response:

Logicboy03:

Nice.

Okay. This is my simple effective permanent vacation off nairaland.

My last post on Nairaland.

Please, Ishilove pray to your none existent God that you do not meet me in real life. It wont be funny. I know what you look like

Thanks everyone. It has been fun
https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/214#18044141

His beef was with you directly and not anyone else. He did not even direct the post at Obadiah (whom he reported) and his choice of words, show clearly that this was quite personal. Ishi you provoked a non-Christian in their chat box. This will definitely not be accepted in a Christian chat thread, I wonder why it was allowed in a non-Christian chat thread.

Ishilove:
You can't always be right, Strik.

At least this part of your post is free from bias. You are very correct!!! I am as fallible as the next 'Jonathan' in the streets but in this matter, you are WRONG!!!

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
Enigma:

These are two very good points. Even when Christians have different points of view it is easy to tell when people are speaking from a Christian point of view.

In any event, the issue is not that only Christians should post on the Christian Chat Box; the issue is not even that everything on the thread should be "Christian" or on a "Christian topic" etc. The issue is to respect the purpose, history and established members of the thread AND perhaps more importantly to avoid being offensive.

Among civilised people, that should not be too much to ask!

As far as the Non-Christian Chat thread is concerned the very same principles apply! Respect the purpose, history, established members (if any) of the thread and, most importantly, avoid being offensive.

1. Posting a secular love song on that thread IS non-Christian chat! So what offence has been caused?
2. There had been no established pattern to the thread yet and a strong non-Christian poster group had yet to be established --- so, as yet the people posting on the thread currently will naturally determine the pattern and direction of the thread.
3. Nothing done on the thread so far prevents the eventual establishment and even possible dominance of a non-Christian poster group.

Now a more general point: it is quite noticeable that some people are rather keen, for some ulterior motives, to undermine or even get rid of the Christian Chat thread. It would be a travesty if their selfishness is indulged and if they are allowed to have their way.

smiley

Spoken like a "Born again Christian"....sarcasm
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
uj_sizzle: @Enigma
You keep making sense more and more everyday.

@Manmustwac
What you term 'issues' is nothing but miscreants looking for trouble...don't indulge them.

I've said before that atheists and whoever else should make their own chat thread if they so desire. These people were perfectly happy when they had none before the mods thought it 'wise' to start one...funny enough they still insisted it wasn't necessary.

Like Enigma suggested.. Mods pls delete the atheist thread and let them create one for themselves and make their own rules!
This shouldn't even be an issue!! angry
QED. You have spoken my mind
@Enigma, keep the ball rolling. I agree with everything you have suggested
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Enigma: [size=15pt]This means those who are complaining after having been so indulged are ingrates.
[/size]

This is beautifully gorgeous...

I guess this section is a Christian only section hence the indulgence?? And now they are ingrates just because they asked to be treated fairly??

Truly the "Born again Christian" spirit.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UjSizzle(f): 1:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
On to other matters...

Striktlymi...what happened to your drama thread??
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UjSizzle(f): 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
striktlymi:

This is beautifully gorgeous...

I guess this section is a Christian only section hence the indulgence?? And now they are ingrates just because they asked to be treated fairly??

Truly the "Born again Christian" spirit.

Keep it up!
How do u measure 'fairness' without rules??
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
striktlymi: Understand that fairness is an illusion. Majority always wins.. wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
uj_sizzle:
How do u measure 'fairness' without rules??

I am talking in terms of the rules.

A Christian posting in a non-Christian chat thread is bad enough, but going to their thread to force our presence on them and provoke them is something else.

I still maintain that what Ishi and Obadiah did in that thread will NEVER be condoned in the Christian Chat thread. If it is wrong for one, it MUST be wrong for all.

All I see here are arguments based on sentiments. It is high time we stopped all these and start looking at things differently. This section is not just for Christians; if it were then the non-Christians would have no business being here.

Just like the Muslim section...that section is theirs and they can apply 'whatever rules' they deem fit over there in line with their Holy books. The last I checked, this section belongs to everyone that is not Muslim and every non-Christian share the exact same rights as the Christians.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 1:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
striktlymi:

Don't just say it, demonstrate it, then I would take it seriously.

Can you demonstrate the above??

On the other hand, I can demonstrate that you provoked him to leave.

This was the post he responded to before he left:

his response:

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/214#18044141

His beef was with you directly and not anyone else. He did not even direct the post at Obadiah (whom he reported) and his choice of words, show clearly that this was quite personal. Ishi you provoked a non-Christian in their chat box. This will definitely not be accepted in a Christian chat thread, I wonder why it was allowed in a non-Christian chat thread.

At least this part of your post is free from bias. You are very correct!!! I am as fallible as the next 'Jonathan' in the streets but in this matter, you are WRONG!!!
I'm not demonstrating nada because all you have said here is your own personal opinion.

I provoked him, you say? Yeah, he was provoked alright, because I gave him fire for fire when he started the insults. He started it, not me, and this won't be the first time. I wrote 'My favorite troublemaker with a smiley at the end of the sentence", and the next thing I know, he unleashed the dragon on me. When everybody pounced on him because of the unwarranted insults to my person, he backed down. LB is a rude little brat who thinks that because this is a faceless forum, he can just open his gutter mouth and spew dirt. I did my best to disabuse him of that notion. If he left because I gave him a verbal beating, then, let him go and sulk while thinking of his life in the process. Ishilove doesn't tolerate nonsense from anybody, both on and offline.

So I am wrong because you say so? O striky, puhleeze!!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
aManFromMars: striktlymi: Understand that fairness is an illusion. Majority always wins.. wink

Maybe so but 'winning' or being part of the majority does not make an unfair act fair.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ishilove:
I'm not demonstrating nada

Sorry Ishi I stopped reading right there...

It won't profit me to go through what cannot be demonstrated.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
uj_sizzle: On to other matters...

Striktlymi...what happened to your drama thread??

I have a great name for the drama all thanks to you and will be going there soon to update it. I was hoping to finish my update probably within the next hour but I have been engaged for a while now tongue grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
Striky, you think I'm wrong and you're entitled to your opinion. I was just having fun in a non-Christian chat thread. I worked within the confines of the rules and the only person who took offence was LB, who by the way, doesn't represent the majority. The thread is a thread where non-Christian nairalanders can freely express their beliefs without fear of censorship. I and obadiah made no reference to religion, so I don't know what all the bllody brouhaha is for. It makes no frigging sense.

I don't regret anything because I didn't break any rules, and I will do it again if I feel the inclination to. Shikena cool
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UjSizzle(f): 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
striktlymi:

I am talking in terms of the rules.

A Christian posting in a non-Christian chat thread is bad enough, but going to their thread to force our presence on them and provoke them is something else.

I still maintain that what Ishi and Obadiah did in that thread will NEVER be condoned in the Christian Chat thread. If it is wrong for one, it MUST be wrong for all.

All I see here are arguments based on sentiments. It is high time we stopped all these and start looking at things differently. This section is not just for Christians; if it were then the non-Christians would have no business being here.

Just like the Muslim section...that section is theirs and they can apply 'whatever rules' they deem fit over there in line with their Holy books. The last I checked, this section belongs to everyone that is not Muslim and every non-Christian share the exact same rights as the Christians.
I get what you're saying Striky, but when i say 'rules', am referring to something specific to the Atheist thread.
HBG stated categorically what was and wasn't allowed on the Christian thread, i'm saying thr Atheist should do the same too.
When a house has no rules, then everything goes since it is a chat thread and technically can't be derailed.

It's obvious LB and Ishi have bad blood btwn them from what has just happened, but how about we prevent a future occurance and stick in that rule eh? undecided
They are even free to borrow the Christian thread rule and edit to their preference.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
striktlymi:

Sorry Ishi I stopped reading right there...

It won't profit me to go through what cannot be demonstrated.
Suit yourself. I've said my piece and I don't care whether you read or not. It aint no skin off my nose
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Satanic Prediction: The schemings of christians here will come back to haunt them.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 1:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
manmustwac: @Enigma
Actually it was me who decided to sticky the christian chat thread because it had done 22 pages in a very short time.

Ah, so you agree that the Christian Chat thread was stickied simply because it was popular and not because it is a "Christian" thread! Cool. smiley

manmustwac: I decided to replace it with the Christian. E Worship thread that only Olaadegbu & Grace5 patronized.

Again you confirm that you stickied it because it was popular --- and you substituted it for one not so popular! Again, cool! smiley

manmustwac: If i had not stickied it. It would have faded out eventually.

1. You do not know that it would have faded "eventually"! smiley
2. One can also say that if the "Best Religion Forum Topics" thread had not been stickied, it would also have faded out "eventually"! wink

manmustwac: If i had forseen the issues that we're having now because of it i doubt if i would not have stickied it.

1. You have not made yourself clear here; I suppose you mean you would not have stickied it. Even so, no problem! smiley
2. It has been stickied: it was stickied as you said because it was popular. Then let the Mods unsticky the present Non-Christian Chat thread; let the "non-Christians" start their own chat threads according to their own rules; WHEN it achieves the same popularity that made you sticky the Christian Chat thread, then let the present Mods think about stickying it too. wink

manmustwac: @mods. I stickied the bible quiz thread because its a very popular thread. Which one of you three decided to unsticky it & why?

Pressure was exerted on them by the "spoilers" and hypocrites --- which led to confusion! wink

smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by UjSizzle(f): 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Satanic Prediction: The schemings of christians here will come back to haunt them.
God's love will keep us grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ishilove: Striky, you think I'm wrong and you're entitled to your opinion. I was just having fun in a non-Christian chat thread. I worked within the confines of the rules and the only person who took offence was LB, who by the way, doesn't represent the majority. The thread is a thread where non-Christian nairalanders can freely express their beliefs without fear of censorship. I and obadiah made no reference to religion, so I don't know what all the bllody brouhaha is for. It makes no frigging sense.

I don't regret anything because I didn't break any rules, and I will do it again if I feel the inclination to. Shikena cool

Okay, cool!

I respect your resolve and quite frankly I like the 'attitude' but you are still VERY WRONG!!!

I have no ish with a Christian going there to chit chat when he or she is invited and accepted. In this case LB and Mr Troll made it clear that you guys should leave. Courtesy demands that you guys stopped what you were doing and either leave or promise them not to continue.

I believe the Christian chat box also accommodates some non-Christians (if not all) but there are times when that welcome is overstretched and the non-Christian is told to 'put a sock in it'. Same happened in the non-Christian chat thread but you guys were forming 'Omo-onile' for them.

This is wrong Ishi.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 1:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
uj_sizzle: ....
HBG stated categorically what was and wasn't allowed on the Christian thread,

Exactly! Got it in one. And the previous Mods always made clear that the purpose of the thread as stated should be respected. smiley

What is more, some non-Christians do in fact post on the thread!

uj_sizzle: i'm saying thr Atheist should do the same too.
When a house has no rules, then everything goes since it is a chat thread and technically can't be derailed.

Again, very much on point.

1. The thread that Obadiah started was not "derailed"; neither was any rule broken on it.
2. The discussion on it was "chat" --- non-Christian "chat"!

uj_sizzle: They are even free to borrow the Christian thread rule and edit to their preference.

No be today (some of) dem dey steal and borrow, jare. grin

smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
Obinoscopy: Question: Can a Chat Thread ever be derailed?

Answer: No, its a thread for all sorts of discussions on all kinds of topics. Thus any discussion under the chat thread cannot be considered as derailing.

Somebody didn't get this memo.

My non rule breaking posts on the christian chat thread has been hidden.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
uj_sizzle:
I get what you're saying Striky, but when i say 'rules', am referring to something specific to the Atheist thread.
HBG stated categorically what was and wasn't allowed on the Christian thread, i'm saying thr Atheist should do the same too.

It's obvious LB and Ishi have bad blood btwn them from what has just happened, but how about we prevent a future occurance and stick in that rule eh? undecided
They are even free to borrow the Christian thread rule and edit to their preference.

I agree with the above.

Two things though...

1) The only individual I think is ready to go through the stress of preparing a 'code of conduct' for the non-Christian chat thread has jumped ship.

2) Our Christian mods might not be too inclined to 'bow' to the request(s) of our non-Christians.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ishilove:
Suit yourself. I've said my piece and I don't care whether you read or not. It aint no skin off my nose

Cool!

#What da heck does the bold mean?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
uj_sizzle:

HBG doesn't make the rules here. Seun does. HBG is a moderator.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Bah we don't. When LB messes up, I am always quick to weild the whip to correct him. I gave him a verbal beating when he insulted me. The scriptures do say "foolishness is bound in the heart of a child, but the rod of correction will drive it far from him"

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ishilove: ... I don't regret anything because I didn't break any rules, and I will do it again if I feel the inclination to. Shikena cool

That is the point.

As long as no rules are broken, respect is observed and offensive posts are avoided, anybody can post on any thread.

That is the way it is and that is the way it has always been --- that is the way it should be! wink

smiley

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 1:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
striktlymi:

Cool!

#What da heck does the bold mean?
It's a slang. It means it doesn't bother me or it doesn't affect me in anyway. cool

Bushman tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
Even on the Moslem people's section - a whole section - non Moslems can go and post there; as long as they keep within the rules and avoid being offensive.

smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.