Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,274 members, 7,867,720 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (201020 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 7:21am On Nov 20, 2012
Joagbaje:
@ moderators ,
I will kindly like logicboy to be cautioned from following me about with abuses and insults for no just cause . I believe I have right to post my contributions like everyone else wihout Harassment .pls kindly look into this menace.

https://www.nairaland.com/1104859/beware-pastors

but you ask for it by preaching what the bible does not support on an open forum and some people may fine that offensive.

4 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ubenedictus(m): 9:25am On Nov 22, 2012
vedaxcool:

I undertsand what migt be your problem; it is called Uncle Tom syndrome n the American racial context, Uncle Tom is a pejorative term for blacks that give up or hide their ethnic or gender outlooks, traits, and practices, in order to be accepted into the mainstream—a so-called race traitor. In African American parlance this is also derogatorily known as an Oreo cookie, black on the outside only, white on the inside.[2]

or

House Negro (also House Nigger) is a pejorative term for a black person, used to compare someone to a house slave of a slave owner from the historic period of legal slavery in the US. The term comes from a speech, Message to the Grass Roots, given by African American activist Malcolm X, where he explains that during slavery, there were two kinds of slaves: "house Negroes," who worked in the master's house and "field Negroes," who performed the manual labor outside.

He characterizes the house Negro as having a better life than the field Negro, and thus unwilling to leave the plantation, and potentially more likely to support existing power structures that favor whites over blacks. Malcolm X identified with the field Negro. The term is used against individuals[1][2], in critiques of attitudes within the African American community,[3] and as a borrowed term for critiquing parallel situations.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_Negro

Try getting some help, it is not good for one to consider himself inferior to others! Have a pleasant day!
a point and some balls.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2012
Why was this thread closed?
https://www.nairaland.com/1109837/shall-ban-religion

Explainations should be given by MODs for taken certain actions like this, I believe we are all civilised and we should not act like a dictator
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by InesQor(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2012
koastar: Why was this thread closed?
https://www.nairaland.com/1109837/shall-ban-religion

Explainations should be given by MODs for taken certain actions like this, I believe we are all civilised and we should not act like a dictator

I was going to say just that. The thread that Moderator manmustwac redirected to (the Adeboye thread) is not the same subject matter as the closed one; so it's not even like it was closed for being a duplicate thread.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
InesQor:

I was going to say just that. The thread that Moderator manmustwac redirected to (the Adeboye thread) is not the same subject matter as the closed one; so it's not even like it was closed for being a duplicate thread.
Oops! Sorry guys. It seems like i locked it and linked to the wrong thread. embarassed The right link is the one below. Once again please accept my apologies embarassed https://www.nairaland.com/1109368/what-religion-done-us-true#13062060
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Omogbhollahorn(m): 8:58pm On Nov 22, 2012
can you please put my new thread for this year Experience on the front page ? wink grin
thanks
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 2:24am On Nov 23, 2012
^^How are we to know which topic is your new topic. Why couldn't you add the link and we'd see what we can do about it?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Omogbhollahorn(m): 4:36am On Nov 23, 2012
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Toluk1(f): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
Been wondering What do social networks like nairaland gain?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by InesQor(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
Tolu k: Been wondering What do social networks like nairaland gain?

When you build a community of real people, you build a potential market and wield the power to sell advertising slots, because wherever there are people, they have needs. They have demands.

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by tpia1: 4:30am On Nov 24, 2012
shouldnt this be in sexuality section (or deleted) since its locked anyway:

https://www.nairaland.com/1112119/question-christians#13086029

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by seyibrown(f): 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2012
Why was this thread at ' https://www.nairaland.com/1112119/question-christians ' closed? It was stated in a vulgar manner but it is still a genuine question that will educate others once answered. The answer to be question was touched on in a previous thread on NL but it came up in a totally unrelated discussion (If I remmeber correctly). Will the MOD, please kindly consider allowing the OP to modify his question without that vulgar cartoon poster? Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
JeSoul locked the topic. So I think its best that she should deal with the situation. wink

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by semid4lyfe(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2012
toba: Seun needs to review the appointment of Moderators.

I'm still not okay with the fact that seun appointed Semid4lyfe my friend as a super moderator.

YES, I agree. I'm not okay with the fact that Seun appointed me a super moderator myself tongue grin

toba: Meaning two muslims supermods and one atheist undecided shocked

Jesus! shocked

How did you come to the conclusion I'm a Muslim? From my username? Clearly, you don't know me at all undecided

I hardly post on religious matters but I've dropped enough hints on this forum and a little investigative profile browsing will reveal my religious inclination.

toba: lastly. Seun should stop making Nlders based in Nigeria serve as mods cos the poverty mentality in the country has overwhelmed majority of them and they choose to act out of proportion. foreign based mods are more rational than the low life Jobless Nigerian moderator.

I see you're still in the business of innovating great ideas. Nothing do you. . .ride on!

After all said and said, I'm surprised at your rather timid opposition to my appointment. I expected you'll have created a thread in the Nairaland/General section just to express your displeasure. Seems you and I are making progress towards real friendship cool

Have a blessed day. . . .
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2012
semid4lyfe:

YES, I agree. I'm not okay with the fact that Seun appointed me a super moderator myself tongue grin

Jesus! shocked

How did you come to the conclusion I'm a Muslim? From my username? Clearly, you don't know me at all undecided

I hardly post on religious matters but I've dropped enough hints on this forum and a little investigative profile browsing will reveal my religious inclination.

I see you're still in the business of innovating great ideas. Nothing do you. . .ride on!

After all said and said, I'm surprised at your rather timid opposition to my appointment. I expected you'll have created a thread in the Nairaland/General section just to express your displeasure. Seems you and I are making progress towards real friendship cool

Have a blessed day. . . .

you tried.

Bearing in mind that you were at the receiving end.

However, "two muslim and one atheist supermods" does not look balance, not saying that the christian will do better.

However, the judge should "live above board"
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2012
truthislight:

you tried.

Bearing in mind that you were at the receiving end.

However, "two muslim and one atheist supermods" does not look balance, not saying that the christian will do better.

However, the judge should "live above board"

Well for your infomation am nota supermod & I do live above board not biased in my decision making. Ok
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2012
manmustwac: Well for your infomation am nota supermod & I do live above board not biased in my decision making. Ok

Do people apply for supermod position?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 10:23pm On Nov 24, 2012
manmustwac: Well for your infomation am nota supermod & I do live above board not biased in my decision making. Ok

well, that is if you were the one that made the appointment of the "supper mods" that does not seem to look balance and that is under scrutiny here.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by manmustwac(m): 11:12pm On Nov 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

Do people apply for supermod position?
NO! You will just asked to take the position just like Rafael Benitez was asked to take the vacant chelsea position

truthislight:

well, that is if you were the one that made the appointment of the "supper mods" that does not seem to look balance and that is under scrutiny here.
How can I an ordinary mod appoint somebody to a higher position than myself? It dose not make sense. Its only Seun who can who can do it. But then I believe mukina2 or semi4life can recommend someone who they deem fit for the job.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by JeSoul(f): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2012
MMW thks wink

seyibrown: Why was this thread at ' https://www.nairaland.com/1112119/question-christians ' closed? It was stated in a vulgar manner but it is still a genuine question that will educate others once answered. The answer to be question was touched on in a previous thread on NL but it came up in a totally unrelated discussion (If I remmeber correctly). Will the MOD, please kindly consider allowing the OP to modify his question without that vulgar cartoon poster? Thank you in advance!

I'm glad a Christian is requesting this - kudos Seyi. The poster clearly intended to incite, insult & provoke christians and that is not tolerated in this section. We are very liberal and give posters a long leash - but vulgarity has no place here. And it's curious you're the one asking - the poster himself is offering no remorse. Go figure.

Tpia, I left the thread because troublemakers have the penchant to return and claim they said something else and cry false persecution.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by CrazyMan(m): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03: Do people apply for supermod position?
Do you want to apply? undecided
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2012
CrazyMan:
Do you want to apply? undecided

What? Are you afraid of me being a supermod?

There is only one person that needs to be afraid- Maclatunji. grin grin grin grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by CrazyMan(m): 5:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03: What? Are you afraid of me being a supermod?
No I'm not...I'm just thinking about the future of nairaland's religion section should you become a super mod.

We are going to have to be dealing with a lot of silly atheist threads on the home page on daily basis. undecided

Logicboy03: There is only one person that needs to be afraid- Maclatunji. grin grin grin grin
Sure...it would be pay back time for all the transgressions he committed against you. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
CrazyMan:
No I'm not...I'm just thinking about the future of nairaland's religion section should you become a super mod.

We are going to have to be dealing with a lot of silly atheist threads on the home page on daily basis. undecided

Sure...it would be pay back time for all the transgressions he committed against you. grin grin grin

To be fair, atheist threads hardly meet the the front page
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by CrazyMan(m): 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03: To be fair, atheist threads hardly meet the the front page
Then I guess you would be the one to engineer the process once you become a super mod. undecided

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2012
CrazyMan:
Then I guess you would be the one to engineer the process once you become a super mod. undecided

Why so afraid?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by CrazyMan(m): 8:06pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03:
Why so afraid?
Do I sound scared?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 25, 2012
CrazyMan:
Do I sound scared?

Yes, of atheist threads
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by CrazyMan(m): 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03: Yes, of atheist threads
Why do you think/feel I'm scared of atheist threads...?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2012
CrazyMan:
Why do you think/feel I'm scared of atheist threads...?

lol

CrazyMan:
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by CrazyMan(m): 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
Logicboy03: lol
That's concern not being scared....I'm only concerned, not scared.

Concern and fear are two different entities...they have different meanings.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 25, 2012
CrazyMan:
That's concern not being scared....I'm only concerned, not scared.

Concern and fear are two different entities...they have different meanings.

I have had far more intellectual threads than you. However, being a christian comes with the arrogance of being moral and right in the right religion.

Your concern is unwarranted and ill-advised

https://www.nairaland.com/1104194/evolutionary-basis-morality-lesson-christians
https://www.nairaland.com/1091996/atheists-more-moral-than-christians

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.