Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! (2617 Views)

Lagos-Based Lady And Her Boyfriend Send Fake Bank Credit Alert (Video) / If You Have Accounts With Zenith Bank Please Respond / N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Fortunehunter(m): 7:17pm On Mar 03, 2019
My sister, a widow received a call from a person who claimed to be calling from First Bank PLC requesting her to confirm her date of birth and BVN Number. Not being updated about the latest mode of fraudsters, she suplied the caller all he requsted.When her colleague raised an alarm about the implications of her letting her private information out to an unknown person, she decided to go to the branch of First Bank to lay complain. She was told to change her Secret codes which she did. Suprisingly a week later, she received an alert of N200,000 from First bank from an unknown depositor in September 2018. She quickly went to report to the bank about the money deposited into her account by an unknown depositor, she was told to leave the money there. When her own salary entered the same account, she went to the bank and told them the exact amount, they guided her to write a cheque which she did and she was able to withdraw her own money. They later told her that the account has been pinned to avoid anyone hacking into it.

Trouble started when she was in school one afternoon that same September 2018 and started receiving debit alarts, Suprisingly, despite the fact that the account was pinned, the N200,000 has been moved out. What she did was to go to the Bank immediately and told them that the money has been moved out from her account. Now the bank for close to 6 Months now has not allowed her to assess her salary and her late husband's pension that was being paid in the account. There reason is that she is a fraudster, and that her account was used to defraud people and this is a widow of 63 years.

She has written series of letters, all to no avail and the bank is telling that they must recover the N200,000 from her.

Please, l need your legal advice. Since she was told by the bank that no transaction will be carried in the account without her consent, how did the money leave her account ?

1 Like

Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Hoodbilonia: 7:39pm On Mar 03, 2019
I save all my funds in btc only
Fuc naija banks

1 Like

Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Ziel20: 7:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
Really sad

1 Like

Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Nickijoy(f): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2019
Tragic.. a widow for that matter... God please help her...

1 Like

Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hanhan what kind of stupid system is the bank working? She should get someone legal involved and then demand compensation
Besides she should also try to move her salary account na
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by abbeycial: 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
hope she obtained an acknowledged evidence of all her initial complaints?

If yes, she should lodge her issue with the bank's H/O with a copy to CBN.

1 Like

Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by LadySarah: 8:57pm On Mar 03, 2019
She never show them craze
You are still writing letters
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by dollytino4real(f): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2019
tell her to go to the bank and naked 4 dem, dey will rectify it fast
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Promotions: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
Nigeria banking system is something else, my friends account was debited of all his funds and when he rushed to the bank, he was told he has compromised his debit card details and it was used online and nothing was done
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Promotions: 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
dollytino4real:
grin grin lolzzz can't stop laughing but e fit work sha

1 Like

Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by OddsIsland(m): 6:34am On Mar 04, 2019
Nigerian banks don't have anti fraud protection.

But Efcc keep arresting yahoo boys but cannot arrest these bank fraudsters abi? It simply tells you that all arrest Efcc made must be credited to whistle blowing.

1 Like

Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Glorylynn: 7:15am On Mar 04, 2019
Someone close to her sent that money to her account but the bank wants to stylishly obtain the money because they noticed she’s a learner grin

1 Like

Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by sagerasaq: 4:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
Report to CBN
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Fortunehunter(m): 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2019
dollytino4real:
Hahaha, You wan kill person ?
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Fortunehunter(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2019
OddsIsland:
Nigerian banks don't have anti fraud protection.

But Efcc keep arresting yahoo boys but cannot arrest these bank fraudsters abi? It simply tells you that all arrest Efcc made must be credited to whistle blowing.
My dear een ? Nigeria system tire person o !
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by dollytino4real(f): 8:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
Fortunehunter:
Hahaha, You wan kill person ?
no sir, but it must be rectify by fire by force
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Fortunehunter(m): 11:03pm On Mar 04, 2019
dollytino4real:
no sir, but it must be rectify by fire by force
Na these days wey social media de trend like fire ? After the old woman don naked solve her problems, her naked video go come dey trend for WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter etc, her chidren go come see wetin dem no suppose see , Me, my eye no go good for that kind thing o !
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Fortunehunter(m): 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2019
Treasuredlove:
Hanhan what kind of stupid system is the bank working? She should get someone legal involved and then demand compensation
My dear she has approached a lawer who wrote to them and they refuse to reply, She was directed to Human Rights, and they wrote also to the bank and yet they refused to reply. They are insisting that this Old widow must pay the N200,000 which they carelessly or purposely allowed to be transferred by these unknown individuals even after she alerted them.
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Fortunehunter(m): 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2019
Treasuredlove:
My dear she has approached a lawer who wrote to them and they refuse to reply, She was directed to Human Rights, and they wrote also to the bank and yet they refused to reply. They are insisting that this Old widow must pay the N200,000 which they carelessly or purposely allowed to be transferred by these unknown individuals even after she alerted them of the deposit.
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Fortunehunter(m): 11:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
Treasuredlove:
My dear, she has written to the Bank through a lawyer and they refused to reply, she also was directed to Human Rights at Ikeja and the same Human Rights have written to them yet no reply. We are thinking of the next steps to take against the bank,Since they carelessly or deliberately allowed someone to move money out of the account they said they pinned to disallow anyone one from getting access to the account. And they are insisting that the old widow should pay the N200,000 that was moved from her account.
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Kingsleydr(m): 12:49am On Mar 05, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
I save all my funds in btc only
Fuc naija banks
shut up!

Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Nobody: 4:38am On Mar 05, 2019
Fortunehunter:
My dear, she has written to the Bank through a lawyer and they refused to reply, she also was directed to Human Rights at Ikeja and the same Human Rights have written to them yet no reply. We are thinking of the next steps to take against the bank,Since they carelessly or deliberately allowed someone to move money out of the account they said they pinned to disallow anyone one from getting access to the account. And they are insisting that the old widow should pay the N200,000 that was moved from her account.
this is sad. I am sure everything will work in her favor in the end by His grace, but someone with any knowledge of the way to go should please say something
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by dollytino4real(f): 11:27am On Mar 05, 2019
Fortunehunter:
Na these days wey social media de trend like fire ? After the old woman don naked solve her problems, her naked video go come dey trend for WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter etc, her chidren go come see wetin dem no suppose see , Me, my eye no go good for that kind thing o !
but problem don solve first
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Vivuch: 11:44am On Mar 05, 2019
Go to twitter and tag them, and you will see immediate response.
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Fortunehunter(m): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2019
Vivuch:
Go to twitter and tag them, and you will see immediate response.
How Please ?
Re: Credit Alert From First Bank, Please Help ! by Fortunehunter(m): 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
dollytino4real:
but problem don solve first
No ! You have solved one problem and created another big one. You know say the money matter na matter wey people fit read without sharing the news, the other one no go fit commot for internet.

(1) (Reply)

I Was Forced To Carry Head Of My Husband After It Was Cut Off By Gunmen – Wife / Eerie: 4-year-old Girl Missing Since 2019 Found Alive, Hidden Under Stairs / Please Where And How Can I Report This Child Abuse Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.