Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. (5382 Views)

My Wolf male German Shepard for mating / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe / Imported Caucasian Shepard dog Available for Stud Service & Puppies Available!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
IamAnderson:

that's really nice to hear smiley

Thanks for ur help and time, am happy she is fine now. smiley smiley grin its my first time owning a co, i have been a breeder for over 9yrs, but i breed only rots, co are really stressful, trying my hands with them in this, coz i want to add them to my breeds , if successful,m then i can go ahead and get them from china or Australia. Thanks everyone for ur help.

I also have America bulldog for sale, imported.

1 Like

Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
Gprince19:

Thanks for ur help and time, am happy she is fine now. smiley smiley grin its my first time owning a co, i have been a breeder for over 9yrs, but i breed only rots, co are really stressful, trying my hands with them in this, coz i want to add them to my breeds , if successful,m then i can go ahead and get them from china or Australia. Thanks everyone for ur help.

I also have America bulldog for sale, imported.
lol it's true grin caucs aren't easy to raise
well I'm happy she survived this ordeal..nice puppy tho
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
IamAnderson:

lol it's true grin caucs aren't easy to raise
well I'm happy she survived this ordeal..nice puppy tho

Thanks alot buddy, u own a CO too?
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 6:41am On Mar 07, 2019
Gprince19:

Thanks alot buddy, u own a CO too?
sure wink
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by uctomide(m): 8:38am On Mar 07, 2019
Gprince19:

My vet said it not an issue of deworm, he asked me to buy a drug and which i have given to her as prescribed,so far no watery poo or vomit, still observing her.

Do you mind sharing the drug administered... noticed my GSD poo is kinda watery too.
Contact is on my signature or you could drop yours. thanks
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 8:53am On Mar 07, 2019
uctomide:

Do you mind sharing the drug administered... noticed my GSD poo is kinda watery too.
Contact is on my signature or you could drop yours. thanks

Its jawamox suspension 5ml morning and night
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 8:53am On Mar 07, 2019
IamAnderson:

sure wink

Nice, how old, male or female
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by uctomide(m): 9:18am On Mar 07, 2019
Gprince19:

Its jawamox suspension 5ml morning and night
Thanks boss
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 9:26am On Mar 07, 2019
Gprince19:

Nice, how old, male or female
Roscoe, he's a male and he's 6 months old

Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Forreellinc: 10:58am On Mar 07, 2019
Gprince19:
Need help on what to feed her, as she rejects
can foods(jojo) and dry food. Indomine makes her poo watery, any idea on what to fred her. Suggestions pls. She is 11wks old. Thank you.
awww what a cute pup, loox exactly like mine when it was a pup
caucasians can make shakara when it comes to food ehn, whenever mine acts up, i give it vitamins after which i switch to dog biscuits mixed with cerelac(fibre cereal) it won't do that when it is older sha
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Bomae: 4:54pm On Mar 07, 2019
Use the link to join our telegram group
https:///CanineEducation .

De hydration and Overheating in dogs

Dehydration and over heating could be serious if left untreated. Recognising early warning signs is important to the health of ur dog

Dehydration

This is a process where body fluids is excessively lost. Dehydration involves the loss of water and depletion of electrolytes, which include some essential minerals. It could be caused by illness or lack of availability of water.

Signs of a dehydrated dog include sunken eyes, dry mouth, gums and nose.

Poor skin elasticity is another dehydration symptom, which u can test by gently pulling up on the skin at the back of ur dog’s neck. If the skin doesn’t immediately spring back to its normal position, ur dog may be dehydrated.

The longer it takes for the skin to return to its normal position, the more severe the dehydration.

Another test u can perform at home is called capillary refill time. Press ur finger against ur dog's gums until they turn white, then remove it. If the gums don’t regain color immediately, ur dog could be dehydrated.

Since untreated dehydration can lead to organ failure and death, seek immediate vet attention if dehydration is suspected.

Depending on the severity, ur vet may suggest water with electrolyte products. In extreme cases, intravenous fluids will be administered to replenish ur dog's fluids.

Overheating

Heat-related dog conditions can also become life-threatening without immediate treatment.

Overheated dogs can suffer heat exhaustion, heat stroke or sudden death from cardiac arrhythmias.

Panting, followed by disorientation and fast, noisy breathing could signal overheating. Other possible signs: Collapsing or convulsing, bright red or blue gums, vomiting and diarrhea.

Plz when ur travelling long distance with ur dog in the car watch out for over heating. Dont walk ur dog under hot sun. These situations can make a dog become dangerously hot, u should watch ur dog closely for overheating signs.

If you suspect ur dog is overheated, wet him with cool water before heading to the vet.

ur vet may apply alcohol to the ears, foot pads and groin to safely lower the temperature, as well as administer cool IV fluids.

For serious overheating, ur dog may need a breathing tube and artificial ventilation.

Simple precautions can ward off dehydration and overheating.

To help prevent dehydration, offer dogs water at least once every two hours. Avoid keeping them in hot cages. Let their houses be well ventilated. Avoid walking them under the sun like i said ealier.

help ur dog beat the heat by encouraging resting and drinking at his leisure.

To learn more about dogs Use the link to join our telegram group or simply search for CanineEducation

https:///CanineEducation .
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2019
IamAnderson:

Roscoe, he's a male and he's 6 months old

Wow nice,looks big, what do u feed him with?
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
Forreellinc:

awww what a cute pup, loox exactly like mine when it was a pup
caucasians can make shakara when it comes to food ehn, whenever mine acts up, i give it vitamins after which i switch to dog biscuits mixed with cerelac(fibre cereal) it won't do that when it is older sha

Lol, thanks, i hope so, but she is beginning to eat up gradually, just dont knw what combination of meals i should give to her(home made).
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2019
Gprince19:

Wow nice,looks big, what do u feed him with?
thanks smiley diamond puppy food, egg, chicken, fish, rice and multivitamins
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 7:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
Gprince19:

Lol, thanks, i hope so, but she is beginning to eat up gradually, just dont knw what combination of meals i should give to her(home made).
don't go into home made meals at this age except you're sure you can make the meal balanced. I did the same thing with my dog at that age and one of his legs became smaller and weaker than the others.
at this age you're meant to feed them balanced rich meals so I think you should keep giving her puppy food till she grows pass this stage. her growth will be very rapid at this stage so she needs to eats good food to balance her growth, in three months time you won't even recognise your dog again.
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2019
IamAnderson:

thanks smiley
diamond puppy food, egg, chicken, fish, rice and multivitamins

Do u give him egg everyday?
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2019
Gprince19:

Do u give him egg everyday?
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
IamAnderson:

thanks smiley
diamond puppy food, egg, chicken, fish, rice and multivitamins

Can i give mine 2 eggs every day, i do it for rot, dont knw if it will also be ok 4 co
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2019
IamAnderson:

don't go into home made meals at this age except you're sure you can make the meal balanced. I did the same thing with my dog at that age and one of his legs became smaller and weaker than the others.
at this age you're meant to feed them balanced rich meals so I think you should keep giving her puppy food till she grows pass this stage. her growth will be very rapid at this stage so she needs to eats good food to balance her growth, in three months time you won't even recognise your dog again.

Ohh, wow, will take note of this, co really get wahala, i feed my rot home made from 3months
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 9:12am On Mar 08, 2019
Gprince19:

Can i give mine 2 eggs every day, i do it for rot, dont knw if it will also be ok 4 co
I give him one egg everyday... I'm not sure if 2 eggs a day is a good idea, you know eggs are high in cholesterol and CO's are prone to having weight issues.
to keep it safe I give him 1 egg a day
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 9:16am On Mar 08, 2019
Gprince19:

Ohh, wow, will take note of this, co really get wahala, i feed my rot home made from 3months
lol grin yeah they grow way faster than rott so if you don't feed them nutritious food at this puppy stage they'll start having growth issues.
don't worry you'll see how big your pup will be 3 months from now wink
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2019
IamAnderson:

I give him one egg everyday... I'm not sure if 2 eggs a day is a good idea, you know eggs are high in cholesterol and CO's are prone to having weight issues.
to keep it safe I give him 1 egg a day

Ok, i will stick to one egg daily.
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 6:53pm On Mar 08, 2019
IamAnderson:

lol grin yeah they grow way faster than rott so if you don't feed them nutritious food at this puppy stage they'll start having growth issues.
don't worry you'll see how big your pup will be 3 months from now wink

Lol, will update u on d size, have u measured his height b4?
Mine is 15inch tall at 2months 3wks, measuring from d withers(shoulder). What do u think? Ok or should be more.
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2019
Gprince19:

Lol, will update u on d size, have u measured his height b4?
Mine is 15inch tall at 2months 3wks, measuring from d withers(shoulder). What do u think? Ok or should be more.
15inches is totally normal for that age smiley
I haven't measured him recently... I'm not even sure of his height again grin
I attached pics of the Caucasian growth chart so you can follow up wink

Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2019

Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 1:07am On Mar 09, 2019
IamAnderson:

Ohh... Nice, looks like she is ok at that height, need her to grow big... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
IamAnderson:

Sup buddy, erm�, about this stuff u said about one leg being bigger than d other, hw did u fix it? Drugs?, a friend of mine his co kinda have one hand a little bigger than d other.
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by 1000angstroms(m): 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2019
IamAnderson:

try adding all those things to the dry food to make it more appetizing for her.
My dog rejects diamond naturals puppy food even when I mix it with k9 replacement puppy milk.
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 8:08am On Mar 19, 2019
Gprince19:

Sup buddy, erm�, about this stuff u said about one leg being bigger than d other, hw did u fix it? Drugs?, a friend of mine his co kinda have one hand a little bigger than d other.
I took the dog to a vet and the vet administered injections on the dogs limbs and back(I can't really remember the name of the drug he gave him). I also moved the dog back to processed food and administered calcium supplements everyday(even till now). the injections were given twice(3 days spacing) and also I made the dog exercise it's legs on sand (don't let the dog walk on tiles or strong surfaces during this period, also don't let the dog jump, the dog should rest it's legs during the healing phase because it's very painful...my dog was crying for some days). the leg got corrected within 2 weeks+...I hope it works for you too smiley
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 8:13am On Mar 19, 2019
Gprince19:

the cause of this thing is malnutrition, CO's grow very fast so they need a lot of nutrients to grow steadily, if their food is lacking anything at this stage it'll affect them. that's why processed food or at least a balanced home cooked meal is best.
my dog is on puppy food at 7months and we haven't had any issues since then, tell him to buy calcium supplements for the dog and give 2 daily (depends on the dog's age tho, if the dog is above 4months then give 2).
it'll help prevent bone problems during the dog's growth
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by IamAnderson(m): 8:15am On Mar 19, 2019
1000angstroms:

My dog rejects diamond naturals puppy food even when I mix it with k9 replacement puppy milk.
it happens, try introducing the food slowly and also try to make it similar to what the dog was eating before
Re: Need Help On What To Feed My Caucasian Shepard For Weight Gain. by Gprince19(m): 2:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

I took the dog to a vet and the vet administered injections on the dogs limbs and back(I can't really remember the name of the drug he gave him). I also moved the dog back to processed food and administered calcium supplements everyday(even till now). the injections were given twice(3 days spacing) and also I made the dog exercise it's legs on sand (don't let the dog walk on tiles or strong surfaces during this period, also don't let the dog jump, the dog should rest it's legs during the healing phase because it's very painful...my dog was crying for some days). the leg got corrected within 2 weeks+...I hope it works for you too smiley

Ok pls can u help me verify the name of the drug, and when u said painful what do u mean? Coz there is no sign of pain here, also the dogs cage is cemented and she spends basically 90 - 95% in there everyday. So hw do they go about the sand issue, she comes out just morning and night (sand).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Dog's Ear Discomfort Is Making Me Sad / Boerboel Dog Appraisals Live In Nigeria ( Sabbs /bdban Organised) / Adult Male Rottweiler For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.