Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 (29706 Views)

Nigeria May Experience Blackout As Bandits Threaten Takeover Of Shiroro Station / Panic In Otuabula 2, Bayelsa As Crude Oil Mysteriously Erupts From The Ground / Tinubu Unhappy Over Governors Takeover Of APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by yinka10: 9:34pm On Mar 03, 2019
Tussle between the management of Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited (BASL), operators of the Murtala Muhammed Airport Two (MMA2), Lagos and the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) may resume soon with the planned takeover of the terminal by FAAN.

A source close to the Ministry of Transport, Aviation Unit, told SaharaReporters over the weekend that the ministry had given the management of FAAN the approval to take over the terminal on the expiration of the 12 years consensual agreement between BASL and the agency.

It was learnt that the 12 years would elapse on May 7, 2019, which was the exact date the terminal commenced operations with flight service by the rested Chanchangi Airlines from the terminal.

Our correspondent gathered that the planned takeover of the terminal is also causing some instability among the staff of BASL, who are already looking elsewhere for alternative jobs in case the threat by the government comes to fruition.

It was, however, learnt that Wale Babalakin, the Chairman of BASL, is also making frantic efforts through some of his contacts in the presidency to frustrate the takeover of the terminal on the due date, claiming that the concession agreement between the two was for 36 years, but FAAN is adamant to take possession of the terminal as spelt out in the agreement by May 7.

Our correspondent learnt that while Femi Fani-Kayode, the former Minister of Aviation, proposed a 36-year tenure to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, the latter refused to approve it and referred Fani-Kayode to the Bureau for Public Enterprises (BPE) through his comment on the proposal.

It was gathered that the only document that mentioned 36 years was a ‘Letter of Offer’ signed by a director in FAAN, when Fani-Kayode was still a minister in the sector, but was turned down by Obasanjo

Sources:
http://saharareporters.com/2019/03/03/panic-bi-courtney-over-planned-takeover-mma2-may-7

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by sheedy407(m): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2019
That one concern them.
Enjoy your 4+4

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by ekensi01: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2019
cheesy
Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by hollaryincar(m): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2019
Ok
Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2019
No prob

Get your dry Plantain, ( Plantain flakes) in large quantities, very neat and very dry.
Call or whatsapp me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by mabaz(m): 9:42pm On Mar 03, 2019
V
Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by deepwater(f): 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
Lol
Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by maysimsimple(m): 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
Oga yee
Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by chudez0147(m): 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
Some of you guys causing trouble online are not even Nigerian ..Some might not be Nigerian, or other tribe entirely... You guys are agents of Darkness/Anti-Christ/Trouble Makers..
You guys just love Blood.. You just love seeing innocent people Cry/Die..
Weting una dey even gain? Please! I know we still have some good people out there.. We can live together in peace.. Let's not let these evil people cause trouble for us.
Am an Igbo guy, I was born and raised in Lagos before I left Nigeria.. the Yorubas are wonderful people...
Please! Let's Understand our differences and live together.....Thank You!!

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Hotfreezer: 9:43pm On Mar 03, 2019
Fani Kayode was the Minster of aviation under OBJ when this contract was signed. Under Obasanjo and Atiku as vice, those thieves sold everything to themselves and their cronies.

This Wale Babalakin's father was a friend to OBJ. That's how he got this MM2 concession and Lagos Ibadan expressway concession. He did nothing on that road till it was taken away from him and fixing started late during GEJ's tenure.

The airport should be taken from Bi-Courtney and any staff found there should be flogged koboko. Unemployed Nigerians would be employed to take their places.

These are the reasons Obasanjo, Fani Kayode and Co didn't want Buhari back and I'm happy my Sai Baba is back to deal with all these idiots.

The Intels contract would not be renewed and Atiku can now face his polytechnic businesses in Adamawa squarely. The oil licenses of these Generals won't be renewed but would be given to the good people of the ND. Let them cry blood.

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by luminouz(m): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
I suspect some politicking is involved....some 'new regime,new contractor' bullshiit
Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by maysimsimple(m): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
Whumh didn't it concern them? The same bi-courtney was awarded d lagos/ Ibadan expressway, what did they do?

quote author=sheedy407 post=76323376]That one concern them.
Enjoy your 4+4[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
FFK on the beat. Let him come and defend himself for the confusion between 12 and 36 years.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by SmallmebigGod: 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2019
Awon ole . 36 years ko forever ni.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by luminouz(m): 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
chudez0147:
Some of you guys causing trouble online are not even Nigerian ..Some might not be Nigerian, or other tribe entirely... You guys are agents of Darkness/Anti-Christ/Trouble Makers..
Weting una dey even gain? Please! I know we still have some good people out there.. We can live together in peace.. Let's not let these evil people cause trouble for us.
Am an Igbo guy, I was born and raised in Lagos before I left Nigeria.. the Yorubas are wonderful people...
Come back here and spend 6 months and watch as u grow as tribalistic as the rest of them NL e-warlords!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Bossontop(m): 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
Iz dah so??.....ok

6 Likes

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Chidonsky: 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
Highly irresponsible government.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by emmykk(m): 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2019
4+4 is a goal

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by slimfit1(m): 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2019
chudez0147:
Some of you guys causing trouble online are not even Nigerian ..Some might not be Nigerian, or other tribes entirely... You guys are agents of Darkness/Anti-Christ/Trouble Makers..
Weting una dey even gain? Please! I know we still have some good people out there.. We can live together in peace. Let's not let these evil people cause trouble for us.

Nice preaching we need to divide this country or sell it.
The best thing is to sell it I'm looking for a Chinese man to come and bid I'm selling lagos before Tinu do 4x4 or 4+4 to Nigeria im' too smart abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by BrandStrategist(m): 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2019
Lol
Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by dulux07(m): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2019
Some of you should learn to read, so you don't sound dumbb with your comments, there was an agreement 12years ago, it has nothing to do with politics nor present administration. angry

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by don4real18(m): 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2019
heywhy4u:
No prob

Get your dry Plantain, ( Plantain flakes) in large quantities, very neat and very dry.
Call or whatsapp me
Do you deliver to Lagos and how much does it cost?

1 Like

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Yemi7up: 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
chudez0147:
God bless you. We should respect each other and allow the Yoruba's decide who leads them.

5 Likes

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Kagawa10: 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
Sahara reporters and propaganda are inseparable.
Omoyele sowore is going deranged. Yeye

4 Likes

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2019
cool

Only those that are enemies of Nigeria will be against it. Ethiopian Airways is the pride of Africa today because it is concessioned to a private company with little percentage of Government ownership.

Look at all government establishment run by government failed; from Nigeria Airways, Nigeria Textile (OshiomOLE was part of those that ran it aground), and so on.

I laugh those who are against Atiku's plan to sell NNPC. Although, I may not support that he sells it to friends and political allies but if is is concessioned to a foreign firm, better. Do you know how corrupt NNPC is?

The civil service is the most corrupt organ of government so, let our government have no business doing business.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Hotfreezer: 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2019
luminouz:
I suspect some politicking is involved....some 'new regime,new contractor' bullshiit

But it wasn't revoked during the last 3 years?
Or it was a different regime the last 3 years?

1 Like

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by aralc: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
Op that picture is not MMIA2
meanwhile this is a good development. More money for FAAN
Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Pavore9: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
FAAN is adamant that the agreement expires after 12 years while Babalakin insists it is 36 years! shocked

1 Like

Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Hotfreezer: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
Chidonsky:
Highly irresponsible government.

Highly crooked and dumb poster who doesn't respect agreements.
Re: Panic In Bi-courtney Over Planned Takeover Of MMA2 On May 7 by Yemi7up: 9:54pm On Mar 03, 2019
chudez0147:
God bless you. We should respect each other and allow the Yoruba's decide who leads them. In as much we are one Nigerian, we still have our root and I believe Yoruba's in Igbo land we respect that too

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki: The Man Who Dug His Own Grave / Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) / Court Sacks John Owan-Enoh As Cross River APC Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.