Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Why You Should Encourage Children To Take Music Lessons - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why You Should Encourage Children To Take Music Lessons (318 Views)

Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video) / I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Losing 2 Children To Kidnappers (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Encourage Children To Take Music Lessons by ConsultBimpe: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
For children of all ages, it is often their parents who encourage them to study music. In some cases, children encounter music through school, friends, relatives and churches. If you have children who want to study music, they can take music lessons in music schools near your home or book a private music tutor.

Since learning music requires time, money and effort, you need to determine if learning an instrument is right for your child, and your family budget!

However, the benefits outweigh many reasons why parents may be reluctant to opt for their child's music lesson.
Here are some things to consider before signing up for that first music lessons.

Benefits of Learning Music:

1. Language skills:

Recent studies have clearly indicated that musical training physically develops the part of the left side of the brain known to be involved with processing language, and can actually wire the brain’s circuits in specific ways. Learning a musical instrument also improves how the brain understands human language, which can help students learn a second language.

2. Self-esteem:

Music allows students to try something new and develop confidence as they master singing or playing an instrument. “When students are working towards a common goal, they appreciate that their ‘voice’ and interests are heard and understood by others. This joint effort creates a sense of secure acceptance that is critical to their self-esteem,”.

3. Creativity:

Music certainly nurtures kids’ creative side. This can have an impact on their futures. Employers identify creativity as one of the top five skills important for success in the workforce. The partnership also suggests originality and flexibility are benefits of music education because they are key components of the creativity and innovation music requires. Finally, graduates from music programs report that creativity, teamwork, communication, and critical thinking are skills and competencies necessary in their work, regardless of whether they are working in music or in other fields.

4. Personalized training:

Every child learns in her own way, at her own pace. Private music lessons can provide instruction that meets the specific learning style of each child. In band class, the teacher is trying to bring 30 students along, and can’t possibly tailor his instruction for each student—and if your student can’t keep pace, she’ll only fall further and further behind. One-on-one music lessons are all about finding ways to help your child learn in the way that works best for her.

5. Guaranteed success:

With a private instructor, a child learns much more quickly the fundamentals of playing. A solid foundation is established, and the student can keep learning, playing and succeeding—and that’s fun!
The child builds confidence and determination, not to mention the desire to continue playing.

6. Instant feedback

When a student isn’t doing something correctly, it’s not likely to be detected and addressed in orchestra class. There’s just too much going on for the teacher to focus on each student’s performance. With private music lessons, corrections and advice—as well as praise and encouragement—are delivered instantly and constantly.

Besides learning how to play a musical instrument or taking voice and singing lessons, music helps your children appreciate and understand music. Studying music at a young age can develop into an enjoyable lifelong hobby. Most children love to listen to music, dance and sing. Young children often imitate sound or play music using a toy instrument. If your children have a good sense of rhythm and sound, they are likely to enjoy taking music lessons.

What to Expect:

• Studying music does not only require money but ample time and commitment. Dedicating time to practice should be a priority in the life of a music student. No improvement will be made if time is lacking for music lessons.
• You can book a music tutor for your children.
• Expect to assist your children while practicing, especially with the younger ones.
• Get ready to attend recitals and cheer on your little musician!

You can book a music tutor with Acies Global at https://aciesglobalng.com/request-a-tutor/ or call +234 906 254 7177 Today!

Re: Why You Should Encourage Children To Take Music Lessons by okwabayi(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lol at it all being an advertisement.
I want to ask if rap music can do the same.
Re: Why You Should Encourage Children To Take Music Lessons by Chubhie: 6:12pm On Mar 05, 2019
Good music is beu
Re: Why You Should Encourage Children To Take Music Lessons by Maxi3k(m): 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
if i tell my mama that time say I wan take music class omo the kind beating them for give me I go just enter nairaland front page

(1) (Reply)

The Best Of Stamped Concrete In Nigeria / Legal Advice Needed Urgently / Woman Just Put To Birth To Quadruplets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.