Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

My Favorite Line From The Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Favorite Line From The Bible (13737 Views)

What Line From A Christian Song Resonates With You / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by lepasharon(f): 5:45pm On May 05, 2019
Icon79:
LOL. You've got issues ... serious ones.

O pari

I've got issues? For posting a verse from the so-called holy bible??

I think you mean the bible has issues. I didn't make that up. Take it up with god.

Don't kill the messenger.
Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by lepasharon(f): 5:47pm On May 05, 2019
ppogba:

Gen 3:9-----And the Lord God called unto Adam and said unto him, where hath thou?

If the Omnipresent and Omniscient God is looking for you and you seemed to have wandered away from under His coverage, then sorry is your case.

Should an omnipresent god be even asking such a question?
Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by eddyline(m): 6:02pm On May 05, 2019
frowland:

Story story. You guys always find a way to justify the unjustifiable.
perhaps you should read the whole passage yourself, you'd get to see for yourself.
Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by frowland(m): 6:19pm On May 05, 2019
eddyline:

perhaps you should read the whole passage yourself, you'd get to see for yourself.

So how did you interpret what was in his mind? Look, one thing I know from your likes is that, you guys always riggle your way out of the impossible.
I have keenly followed what ISIS and Boko boys, herdsmen, and their likes are doing and I don't see any difference between them and Joshua, Soul, etc etc in the bible. They all killed women, children, animals, etc etc in the name of their god. Invading villages and wiping them out of existence. Infact, in some instances, god was offended because they spared animals and women or took valuables. Of course, you guys will still come up with a defense. We've come a long way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by frowland(m): 8:23pm On May 05, 2019
Bigmikedagod:
Isaiah 66vs 16 ' by Fire and Sword the Lord shall contend with all Flesh, and the Slain of the Lord shall be many''

most badass verse in my opinion

ISIS also love that verse.

1 Like

Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by eddyline(m): 3:39am On May 06, 2019
frowland:

So how did you interpret what was in his mind? Look, one thing I know from your likes is that, you guys always riggle your way out of the impossible.
I have keenly followed what ISIS and Boko boys, herdsmen, and their likes are doing and I don't see any difference between them and Joshua, Soul, etc etc in the bible. They all killed women, children, animals, etc etc in the name of their god. Invading villages and wiping them out of existence. Infact, in some instances, god was offended because they spared animals and women or took valuables. Of course, you guys will still come up with a defense. We've come a long way.
at least let us finish with the issue of onan before you enter the case of Joshua or Saul. the passage concerning Onan is quite self explanatory and does not need any interpretation of what was in God's mind.
what people like doing is to get one verse of the Bible and give a picture that is so incomplete just to give a false impression that will suit their aim. however if you read according to the context, you find out that it is not the case. shalom.
Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by frowland(m): 8:38am On May 06, 2019
eddyline:

at least let us finish with the issue of onan before you enter the case of Joshua or Saul. the passage concerning Onan is quite self explanatory and does not need any interpretation of what was in God's mind.
what people like doing is to get one verse of the Bible and give a picture that is so incomplete just to give a false impression that will suit their aim. however if you read according to the context, you find out that it is not the case. shalom.

Of course, your response is expected. To even think that your god have time to know who is bleeping who and where he pours his seed is mind boggling.
Finally it was their pupsi that arranged the girl thinking she was a prostitute (..and the god did not judge him for fornication or adultry?? Haba!!). Worst is, it's this lineage that brought about some other actors. Oga, interpret your verse the way it suits you. We never expected anything less from your types.

1 Like

Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by LordReed(m): 9:11am On May 06, 2019
frowland:

Of course, your response is expected. To even think that your god have time to know who is bleeping who and where he pours his seed is mind boggling.
Finally it was their pupsi that arranged the girl thinking she was a prostitute (..and the god did not judge him for fornication or adultry?? Haba!!). Worst is, it's this lineage that brought about some other actors. Oga, interpret your verse the way it suits you. We never expected anything less from your types.

LOL! Exactly! Judah slept with her as a prostitute and impregnated her but god just continued chewing its chewing stick like nothing happened. Same thing with David and Solomon, the god punishes the innocent and leaves the guilty because the guilty are the favoured ones. Utter tripe! LMFAO!

2 Likes

Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by Funaki: 9:33am On May 06, 2019
frowland:

God was angry because Saul didn't kill them all in Amalek. Moses was angry that the soldiers spared the women and children of Midian. Moses told them to kill the women and boys but keep the young girls for themselves. I can't just wrap my mind around these stories in the bible. angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by frowland(m): 9:39am On May 06, 2019
Funaki:
God was angry because Saul didn't kill them all in Amalek. Moses was angry that the soldiers spared the women and children of Midian. Moses told them to kill the women and boys but keep the young girls for themselves. I can't just wrap my mind around these stories in the bible. angry angry

Yea!! Its easy to digest when you are reading it as a story. Then close your eyes and imagine what they were doing; then you will realise the blood thirsty massacre going on then. Will you tell me there was no pregnant women then? Bebies, nursing mothers etc etc? ...and they were all killed because their god asked them to? Wat kind of a god sends people to go and murder women (pregnant, nursing mothers, new born bebies, etc etc) and what difference is that with today's terrorist?
Same people shout to high heavens when heardsmen and Bokoboys are ransacking villages in the name of their god. Double standard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by Funaki: 9:44am On May 06, 2019
frowland:

Yea!! Its easy to digest when you are reading it as a story. Then close your eyes and imagine what they were doing; then you will realise the blood thirsty massacre going on then. Will you tell me there was no pregnant women then? Bebies, nursing mothers etc etc? Same people shout to high heavens when heardsmen and Bokoboys are ransacking villages in the name of their god. Double standard.
If the stories were true at all, I'll say those guys just wanted to eliminate their enemies, it was a personal mission. No god was responsible for such. They just use the name of God as a cover.

2 Likes

Re: My Favorite Line From The Bible by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:48pm On May 07, 2019
Powerful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CCC..... Celestial Church Of Christ (oil And Soap Bath) / Easter: Catholic Diocese Clears Fines Of 25 Prison Inmates. / An Exposition On My Astral Projections In Response To Seun's Colloquialism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.