Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York (38085 Views)

Keke Driver Stabbed Camry Owner To Death In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Bolt Driver Stabbed To Death In Abuja (Graphic Photo) / Keke Driver Stabbed To Death During N350 Argument (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by MediaNGN: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
The Nigerian man who was fatally stabbed inside his car in The Bronx on Saturday night drove for Uber, the ride-sharing giant said in a statement Sunday.

The for-hire driver, identified by the New York State Federation of Taxi Drivers, as Ganiyu Gandonu, 27, from Ogun State, was found bleeding from his neck and torso inside his Toyota Camry around 9:10 p.m. along the Hutchinson River Parkway East in Baychester, cops said.

Investigators have yet to announce a motive or identify a suspect, but, on Sunday night, police released new surveillance video of a person of interest wanted in the fatal stabbing.

Police said the video shows a man dressed in all dark clothing. The suspect ran off from the scene. Ganiyu was found stabbed in the neck and chest in his car. He later died at Jacobi Medical Center.

“I know for sure that he got no problem with anybody. He start this job. He worked. After work, he’s home. He don’t go to parties, met friends, go to clubs, nothing, nothing nothing,” said his widow, Latifat Alimi, said.

Alimi told The Post that before the deceased left for work, he lamented, “I’m tired, but I have to go and make money.”

The couple then talked again by phone shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday, but the call was cut short when Ganiyu picked up a fare, she said. “He said, ‘I’ll call you back. I have a customer,’ ” said Alimi, 24. He never called back.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/nigerian-uber-driver-stabbed-to-death.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by McStoic(m): 7:58pm On Mar 04, 2019
Chaii too bad. Bro RIP.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 04, 2019
When Naija Uber drivers are being killed in their own country, why won't they suffer same fate outside?

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by thesicilian: 8:38pm On Mar 04, 2019
The police will hardly have any serious interest in going after the killer since the victim is not one of theirs

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Cammo: 8:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
Sad news. Village people trailed him to New York embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
why didnt he come and do uber in nigeria, he would have not been stabbed.... crying

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by OkoyeA1(m): 8:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
angry
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by wink2015(m): 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
MediaNGN:
The Nigerian man who was fatally stabbed inside his car in The Bronx on Saturday night drove for Uber, the ride-sharing giant said in a statement Sunday.

The for-hire driver, identified by the New York State Federation of Taxi Drivers, as Ganiyu Gandonu, 27, from Ogun State, was found bleeding from his neck and torso inside his Toyota Camry around 9:10 p.m. along the Hutchinson River Parkway East in Baychester, cops said.

Investigators have yet to announce a motive or identify a suspect, but, on Sunday night, police released new surveillance video of a person of interest wanted in the fatal stabbing.

Police said the video shows a man dressed in all dark clothing. The suspect ran off from the scene. Ganiyu was found stabbed in the neck and chest in his car. He later died at Jacobi Medical Center.

“I know for sure that he got no problem with anybody. He start this job. He worked. After work, he’s home. He don’t go to parties, met friends, go to clubs, nothing, nothing nothing,” said his widow, Latifat Alimi, said.

Alimi told The Post that before the deceased left for work, he lamented, “I’m tired, but I have to go and make money.”

The couple then talked again by phone shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday, but the call was cut short when Ganiyu picked up a fare, she said. “He said, ‘I’ll call you back. I have a customer,’ ” said Alimi, 24. He never called back.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/nigerian-uber-driver-stabbed-to-death.html

Very sad!

New York the city of gangster

Rip

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by handsomeyinka(m): 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
thesicilian:
The police will hardly have any serious interest in going after the killer since the victim is not one of theirs
That’s not true..Everyone has equal right in USA.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by 9jayes: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2019
handsomeyinka:

Equal rights in the book and not in reality

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by teemac01(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2019
wetdick:
why didnt he come and do uber in nigeria, he would have not been stabbed.... crying

Dickhead

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by TIGRITIS: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2019
Such a holy shitt

For him to be stabbed (most likely by Americans) is one unfortunate thing.

But more unfortunate is the less likelihood of REAL investigation to get justice for the 27 yr Ganiyu Gandonu's family due to racism. Pls goats should spare me the dogshit tales that Americans are not racists. All white men are racists, though with varying degrees. And Nigerian govt is very unlikely to make any official statement in this regard.

But if an American is involved in a minor accident in Nigeria, Donald Trump will call buhari to ask how the accident happened as if accidents don't occur in the States.

Anyway, rip to Ganiyu Gandonu and may God grant his family the fortitude to bear this unfortunately irreparable loss.

38 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2019
wetdick:
More money for him
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by donbenie(m): 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
wetdick:
Really?, Uber drivers don't get killed or accused of rape or some other $hit in Naija?. shocked

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
Eyaaa
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by jerryunit48: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
thesicilian:
You got it wrong Bro , they will investigate and try to get the bad guy , he can do it to another person too , US in not naija

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Melancho: 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2019
God help us all. You are alive...its miracle
I create beautiful websites for N20K. Domain name and hosting inclusive. Strictly for business websites or niche blogs. Ecommerce is just 45K, paystack integrated and so many more.
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by olujegs(m): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2019
Shut up there
jidemoh:
When Naija Uber drivers are being killed in their own country, why won't they suffer same fate outside?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2019
What a sad fate for the man.
Watch your head our there.
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by donbenie(m): 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2019
handsomeyinka:

Hmmm,equal rights..

All heads are not equal,even in America.. shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by TheAngry1: 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2019
This is sad. You go in search of the proverbial green pasture and then this angry angry. It is not where you go that makes you successful, it is who goes with you. Prayerfully find out where you are meant to be and either go or stay there.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by quinSonia(f): 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
saw this on Insta blog
after escaping Nigeria & buhari wahala
to go face death in America...
God punish the stabber wherever he\she is

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by asawanathegreat(m): 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
Nawaooo guy wey dey hustle for survival.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by freemanbubble: 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2019
Okay
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Viergeachar: 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
jidemoh:

Nobody kills them for fun/hate in Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by princeade86(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
but why na? RIP.

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by 2blessed01(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
...So Sad..RIP THOUGH!
May God Expose The Perpetrators!
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Buffalowings3(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
I'm 100% certain the culprit will be those motherfucking African Americans. .
Good for nothing dunderheads

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by varyo: 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2019
Poor guy trying to make ends meet.
RIP

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by richie240: 8:55pm On Mar 04, 2019
BOOMnaija:
WHY WILL THIS HARDWORKING YOUNG MAN DIE WHILE TINUBU IS STILL ALIVE....LIFE IS UNFAIR O!
O ye perennial Chdye of hate, we recognize thee....wercum 2 d high table!

wetdick:
This is d same 'in developed countries/ in saner climes' that Nigeria is always compared with. Had it happen in NGR, by now one will be hearing 'shiithole country' upandan!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One Chance: Lessons From My Experience / Frank Tony Igboka Killer, 'Transformer' Chigbo Anyaegbu, Arrested. Photos / Pregnant Woman Burns Her Maid's Buttocks With Hot Knife. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.