Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York (38108 Views)

Keke Driver Stabbed Camry Owner To Death In Port Harcourt (Pictures) / Bolt Driver Stabbed To Death In Abuja (Graphic Photo) / Keke Driver Stabbed To Death During N350 Argument (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by grandstar(m): 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
More money for him

Wetdick

Uber drivers earn $25 an hour in the States. Out of the $25, they pay 25% commission to Uber

That net $18.75 per hour. If they work 8hours, that's $150 which isn't bad.

RIP (Read Eccl 9:5,10)
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Mizwisdom(f): 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2019
Guruindahouse:
Out of curiosity, what is the major cause of Uber drivers' death in Naija?

He's lying. You won't get any meaningful response

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
grandstar:

Wetdick

Uber drivers earn $25 an hour in the States. Out of the $25, they pay 25% commission to Uber

Good way to dampen one's mood with that Bible verse
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
grandstar:

Wetdick

is uber drivers not another name for taxi drivers?

The median hourly pay for drivers is $14.73 — but when taking into account an estimate of $5 for expenses like gas and insurance — that figure drops to $9.73 per hour.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Kkkkkeeeeevvvvv: 9:32pm On Mar 04, 2019
What did D man do to warrant such now.
Pls a little information from any1 dat can.
Just got a call for a federal govt job to come do my documentation, pls what documents would b required I go with?
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Jamestown123: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2019
wetdick:
why didnt he come and do uber in nigeria, he would have not been stabbed.... crying
U dey talk like pekin.
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by goat22: 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
Bronx is a rough place.

Thug life et al

Wrong, bronx is actually the safest place in obodo oyibo. That's where they shoot Hollywood movie. In bronx you will be seeing dollar on the floor and you can be picking it up. In America they have trees they stick money too, you just go and pick the money you want and use it to buy isi poroko.
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by grandstar(m): 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Good way to dampen one's mood with that Bible verse

Sorry. Meant no harm
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
Jamestown123:
U dey talk like pekin.

ok ohh, he is dead , he is dead in the US, can people in Nigeria move forward
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by LONGPREEK(m): 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2019
This is why I always warn my cousin not to mess with a merican agbero. Those idiots are more heartless than lagos agberos

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2019
goat22:

Wrong, bronx is actually the safest place in obodo oyibo. That's where they shoot Hollywood movie. In bronx you will be seeing dollar on the floor and you can be picking it up. In America they have trees they stick money too, you just go and pick the money you want and use it to buy isi poroko.

And where are you again

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Hadampson(m): 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2019
Viergeachar:

Nobody kills them for fun/hate in Nigeria!

But in Nigeria, people are killed for ritual
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by LZAA: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
MediaNGN:
The Nigerian man who was fatally stabbed inside his car in The Bronx on Saturday night drove for Uber, the ride-sharing giant said in a statement Sunday.

The for-hire driver, identified by the New York State Federation of Taxi Drivers, as Ganiyu Gandonu, 27, from Ogun State, was found bleeding from his neck and torso inside his Toyota Camry around 9:10 p.m. along the Hutchinson River Parkway East in Baychester, cops said.

Investigators have yet to announce a motive or identify a suspect, but, on Sunday night, police released new surveillance video of a person of interest wanted in the fatal stabbing.

Police said the video shows a man dressed in all dark clothing. The suspect ran off from the scene. Ganiyu was found stabbed in the neck and chest in his car. He later died at Jacobi Medical Center.

“I know for sure that he got no problem with anybody. He start this job. He worked. After work, he’s home. He don’t go to parties, met friends, go to clubs, nothing, nothing nothing,” said his widow, Latifat Alimi, said.

Alimi told The Post that before the deceased left for work, he lamented, “I’m tired, but I have to go and make money.”

The couple then talked again by phone shortly before 9 p.m. Saturday, but the call was cut short when Ganiyu picked up a fare, she said. “He said, ‘I’ll call you back. I have a customer,’ ” said Alimi, 24. He never called back.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/03/nigerian-uber-driver-stabbed-to-death.html

Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2019
grandstar:

Sorry. Meant no harm
Ya
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
Kkkkkeeeeevvvvv:
What did D man do to warrant such now.
Pls a little information from any1 dat can.
Just got a call for a federal govt job to come do my documentation, pls what documents would b required I go with?
All of them. How did u get d job sef
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by FisifunKododada: 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
cry cry cry...This kind fine bobo...chai...how sad cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Guruindahouse(m): 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
Thanks for your reply, Sister.I was perturbed when I saw his comment.

Do you know anything about Uber business in Nigeria?
Mizwisdom:

He's lying. You won't get any meaningful response
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by goat22: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2019
OkaNaUbe:

And where are you again

Near ubolokam beside bottompower bypass opposite ojota central shrine, number 98 nzuta kabiru ismaoli chikwudi street Malibu California inside iyana ipeju
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Effiongdbest: 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2019
Why are Afonjas running away from their next level to places that are not on next level. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Dollabiz: 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2019
every unfortunate story has a motive. only little percentage are coincidental .most happen for a reason
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 04, 2019
handsomeyinka:

That’s not true..Everyone has equal right in USA.
don't mind him, what does he know?
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2019
goat22:

Near ubolokam beside bottompower bypass opposite ojota central shrine, number 98 nzuta kabiru ismaoli chikwudi street Malibu California inside iyana ipeju

If a man searches for his dark goat with this address, he will get lost.
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
thesicilian:
The police will hardly have any serious interest in going after the killer since the victim is not one of theirs
I don't think so. As long as he lives in the US or a US citizen, paid his Taxes. the police have a duty and Job to investigate. Even If they like or Not. That is what they get paid for. they Have no choice they Have to investigate.
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by nigeriainfo: 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2019
Emvicprints1:
I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. If you know what this boys do to thier fellow nigerians over there.
please tell us what they do to fellow Nigerians
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Orpe7(m): 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
First thought it was Bandangadang
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by davillian(m): 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2019
9jayes:

Equal rights in the book and not in reality
Nigerian government should be the ones pressing for justice but guess what they dont give a flying Bleep
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by SVC6000: 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2019
May Heaven Recieve Ur Soul Nd May Hell Always Sail Wit Ur Killer Until The Grave Marks His Return.
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Stanbaba30: 11:49pm On Mar 04, 2019
This is the advantage of owning a .45 pistol. He may have been able to defend himself. Too bad. Rest in Peace.
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Burgerlomo: 12:04am On Mar 05, 2019
Lord have mercy. R.I.P. bro. cool
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by babzo(m): 12:14am On Mar 05, 2019
thesicilian:
The police will hardly have any serious interest in going after the killer since the victim is not one of theirs

Ignorance and lies. You think its Naija?
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Nobody: 12:42am On Mar 05, 2019
And why is a 27yr old young dude, driving Uber in land of opportunities like USA. When will some Nigerians here start to work smartly?SMH

RIP dude!
Re: Nigerian Uber driver stabbed to death in New York by Organs(m): 1:11am On Mar 05, 2019
thesicilian:

Why talk about what you absolutely know nothing about? NYPD, UBER, HR, all will go after the killer, its a human being that got killed period. The west does not have your mentality of if the person is your tribe, or rich, or goes to your Church or Mosque etc then you will care. Show some humanity for once say something positive, like you hope the killer is brought to justice..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Sentenced To Death For Killing His Girlfriend, Harvesting Eyeballs For ₦‎10m / UK-Based Nigerian Doctor Loses Custody Of 16-Year-Old Son For Flogging Him / Bukola Odeyemi Kills John Iju, Her Boyfriend Over N2,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.