Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,507 members, 7,836,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan (3943 Views)

Gideon Yobo And Wife Welcome Baby (photos) / Joseph Yobo Poses With His Two Sons / Stoke Signs Victor Moses On Loan From Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by mamagee3(f): 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2010
It's about time he actually goes to a team that can be described as failures. . .

I don't know what took Everton so long to actually move him out of the club.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by aaidel(m): 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2010
nigerians always hating what about asamoah gyan to sunderland?? players move all the time for one reason or the other not always because they are not good enough if he moves to real madrid next season its the same hypocrites that will be shouting to high heaven
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by rotimiland(m): 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2010
na_so:

That is untrue. In Korea  japan 2002 and mali 2002, he was one of our best players, right from the qualifying rounds till the mundial proper. When he signed for everton, he was named the premiership player of the month in his first four matches. In Korea he played as DM,RB,CB in the three different matches and did excellently.

I think its a good move for him, he will surely have better playing time.

For those saying we no longer have players in the big european clubs, i need to state that even during  our best run, we never really had players in big clubs.[b] Aside finidi and kanu in ajax and taribo in inter and AC, Babayaro in chelsea. All our players have played in average or very weak european teams. Oliseh was a benchwarmer when he tried a big club like Juve.[/b] bring on your facts.

So, Austin Okocha that played for PSG of France in the champions league then played for very weak team? Victor Ikpeba also played for AS Monaco and they reached semi final champions league too. Do you know that Gbenga Okunowo and Emmanuel Amunike played for Barcelona briefly? Mind you, Pius Ikedia and Tijani Babangida also played for Ajax Amsterdam. You are the one to get your facts before talking.
It is a fact that our football is now on a decline. Take it or leave it!
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by maydogg(m): 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2010
this only shows how nigerian football has gone down. aside mikel, no nigeria player plays for any top 20 club in Europe.too sad
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by honeric01(m): 12:20am On Sep 01, 2010
na_so:

Forget that talk, we never had world class players even in 1994,however any good coach should be able to assemble this players and play our unique and highly intelligent brand of football that makes us difficult to beat ,even by the world class teams.

Tell me who was the world class player in 1994?

Why didn't their club managers turn them to world class players? in 1994, few African players played in Europe and the rest were based in the continent, the few that played outside were the best then, so that 1994 argument is so baseless.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Iyineda(m): 12:24am On Sep 01, 2010
Yobo went on loan from Everton to Fenerbahce.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by newscctv: 3:16am On Sep 01, 2010
what a shame to nigeria football. to think they still consider them relevant to the national team. but what do you expect when there is no new wonder kid on the bloc. The current September edition of dish africa magazine profile six risinf stars of african football and not one single nigerian is mentioned.plus size wedding dresses
prom dress
color wedding dresses
tea length bridesmaid dresses

the new kids on the bloc in africa according to dish africa magazine is as follows:

Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon), plays for Valenciennes in French Ligue 1. he is only 18

Kwadwo Asamoah (Ghana), plays for Udinese in Italy. he is 21

Andre Ayew (Ghana), plays for Olympic Marseille in France. he is also 21

Ryad Boudebouz (Algeria), plays for Sochaux in France. he is just 20

Nicolas N'koulou (Cameroon), plays for Monaco in France. he is also 20

Jonathan Mensah (Ghana), plays also for Udinese in Italy. he is only 20.
oins West Ham On Loan

Where are our own youngsters. it is no wonder we have not a single name on parade when we are in the habit of parading over 30s as under 17s.

Yobo is claimed to be jus 28, but we all know he is close to 35 and above. so he is only fit for retirement football, unfortunately nigerian players dont have the discipline and ptofessional attributes of Ryan Giggs and paul Scholes to remain in the top flight.

Where are the following national team players plying their trade?

Obafemi Martins
Seyi Olofinjana
Sanni Kaita
Obinna Nsofor, four coaches rejected him at Inter
Yusuff Ayila
Peter Osaze
John Utaka
Kalu Uche
IK Uche
Yussuf Mohammed
Danny Shittu
Yakubu-ed Ayegbeni
All others I cant remember their names now.

Answers to these will tell you the position of our football and expectations you should have from our Super (Chikens)/Papa Eagles.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by newscctv: 3:18am On Sep 01, 2010
expect when there is no new wonder kid on the bloc. The current September edition of dish africa magazine profile six risinf stars of african football and not one single nigerian is mentioned.plus size wedding dresses
prom dress
color wedding dresses

the new kids on the bloc in africa according to dish africa magazine is as follows:

Vincent Aboubakar (Cameroon), plays for Valenciennes in French Ligue 1. he is only 18

oins West Ham On Loan
mother of bride dresses,
tea length wedding dress,
flower girl dress
best saller wedding dresses
Where are our own youngsters. it is no wonder we have not a single name on parade when we are in the habit of parading over 30s as under 17s.

Yobo is claimed to be jus 28, but we all know he is close to 35 and above. so he is only fit for retirement football, unfortunately nigerian players dont have the discipline and ptofessional attributes of Ryan Giggs and paul Scholes to remain in the top flight.

Obafemi Martins
Seyi Olofinjana
Sanni Kaita
Yusuff Ayila
Peter Osaze
John Utaka
Kalu Uche
IK Uche
Yussuf Mohammed
Danny Shittu
Yakubu-ed Ayegbeni

Answers to these will tell you the position of our football and expectations you should have from our Super (Chikens)/Papa Eagles.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by kcjazz(m): 3:28am On Sep 01, 2010
newscctv:

expect when there is no new wonder kid on the bloc. The current September edition of dish africa magazine profile six risinf stars of african football and not one single nigerian is mentioned.plus size wedding dresses
prom dress
color wedding dresses

oins West Ham On Loan
mother of bride dresses,
tea length wedding dress,
flower girl dress
best saller wedding dresses

Obafemi Martins
Seyi Olofinjana
Sanni Kaita
Yusuff Ayila
Peter Osaze
John Utaka
Kalu Uche
IK Uche
Yussuf Mohammed
Danny Shittu
Yakubu-ed Ayegbeni

Why do we treat our own like slaves? So, the magazine prints top young prospects and there is no Nigerian. Do you know Micheal Owen was regarded as the future of English football, where is he today at 28, he didn't even make the 2010 English team and where was Drogba when he was 20, was he on any magazine cover.

My point is Nigerian football might have issues but don't back them up with some flimsy magazine hype, lets support our own.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by davidif: 4:21am On Sep 01, 2010
kcjazz:

Why do we treat our own like slaves? So, the magazine prints top young prospects and there is no Nigerian. Do you know Micheal Owen was regarded as the future of English football, where is he today at 28, he didn't even make the 2010 English team and where was Drogba when he was 20, was he on any magazine cover.

My point is Nigerian football might have issues but don't back them up with some flimsy magazine hype, lets support our own.

ARE YOU BLIND TO REALITY? OR IS YOUR SENSE OF PATRIOTISM JUST EXTREMELY SKEWED? WHEN DOES "SUPPORTING OUR OWN" MEAN SUPPORTING MEDIOCRITY? MEDIOCRITY IS MEDIOCRITY WHETHER IT MASKS HIMSELF IN SKIN COLOR, ETHNICITY OR NATIONALITY. NIGERIA SIMPLY DOESN'T PRODUCE PLAYERS ANYMORE AND ITS "SUPPORT-OUR-OWN" MENTALITY THAT WOULD MAKE IT WORSE.

Poster,

By the way, Joseph Yobo is not going to West Ham but to Fenerbache. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=819624&sec=transfers&cc=5901
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by kcjazz(m): 4:51am On Sep 01, 2010
davidif:

ARE YOU BLIND TO REALITY? OR IS YOUR SENSE OF PATRIOTISM JUST EXTREMELY SKEWED? WHEN DOES "SUPPORTING OUR OWN" MEAN SUPPORTING MEDIOCRITY? MEDIOCRITY IS MEDIOCRITY WHETHER IT MASKS HIMSELF IN SKIN COLOR, ETHNICITY OR NATIONALITY. NIGERIA SIMPLY DOESN'T PRODUCE PLAYERS ANYMORE AND ITS "SUPPORT-OUR-OWN" MENTALITY THAT WOULD MAKE IT WORSE.

Poster,

By the way, Joseph Yobo is not going to West Ham but to Fenerbache. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=819624&sec=transfers&cc=5901

What is mediocrity? Is Everton a better club than Fernabache? R Carlos, Okocha and one of our best defenders Uche Okechukwu played here plus champions league experience. I don't think its a crime if I am patriotic, I support any one who represents this country. If they play for money to secure the future that we as a nation can't guarantee then I don't have any problems with them it is the Nigerian system that should be blamed. Funny enough this list of future prospects do not list any player from Egypt the dominant champions of the past 10 years.
I disagree with the "Nigeria doesn't produce players anymore" tag I would rather suggest that the market is simply over saturated with so many Africans, which for me is a good thing. We simply need to change our system of development. Lets stop treating people who represent us like fools.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Ranoscky(m): 6:41am On Sep 01, 2010
Robert Green plays for = west ham. Johnson plays for = liverpool. Rio Ferdinand plays for = man united. John Terry plays for = Chelsea. Ashley Cole plays for = Chelsea. Lampard plays for = Chelsea. Gerald plays for = liverpool. Defoe plays for = Tottenham. Joe Cole plays for = liverpool. Milner plays for mancity. Wayne Rooney plays for = man united. N i believe after spain n brazil, England (if i may say) is d 3rd country dat paraded d best players in d world durin d world cup in south Africa, But how far did dia best players in d world dat plays in d best clubs in d world took dem to in d just concluded world cup in south africa? Dsame question goes to d France team n also d Italian team. Even wen nigerian players wia playin in d best clubs, d glorious extent we have gone in d world cup so far is d 2nd round, so i don't see any big deal even if ALL Nigerian players R playin in "Bangladesh" league. So long as dey honour National call ups n give dia best, wia dey play is nottin to be complained/discussed about!
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by oisehumen(m): 9:39am On Sep 01, 2010
Why the noise about Yobo leaving Everton for Fenerbache?
Has Everton ever played in the group stage of the Uefa Champions League?
Fenerbache is a regular customer as far as CL is concerned; far bigger than Everton in every sense.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by otokx(m): 10:32am On Sep 01, 2010
Now we do ourselves.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Ranoscky(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2010
Oisehumen

Shey dis kain matter no tyre u? Imagine Fenerbache naim dem dey down grade! undecided

Do u Clowns talkin shyt about Yobo know's dat Guti of R.Madrid is now in Fenerbache? undecided  A$$ Pies!!! sad
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Ranoscky(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2010
Should in case y'all Clowns don't know, Asamoah Gyan has just signed for SUNDERLAND!
Is SUNDERLAND in anyways better dan Fenerbache? undecided

Pennant n Gudjohnsen just signed for Stoke city. yes, STOKE CITY!!!
Is STOKE CITY in anyways better dan Fenerbache? undecided

Hleb has also just signed for Biemingham. Is Birmingham in anyways better dan Fenerbache? undecided

Y'all R Peacocks!
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Ebahdah: 12:25pm On Sep 01, 2010
He has tried he shall try another league. undecided
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by oisehumen(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2010
Ranoscky:

Should in case y'all Clowns don't know, Asamoah Gyan has just signed for SUNDERLAND!
Is SUNDERLAND in anyways better dan Fenerbache? undecided

Pennant n Gudjohnsen just signed for Stoke city. yes, STOKE CITY!!!
Is STOKE CITY in anyways better dan Fenerbache? undecided

Hleb has also just signed for Birmingham. Is Birmingham in anyways better dan Fenerbache? undecided

Y'all R Peacocks!

Please, tell then again.
Ignorance is a disease.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Builder: 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2010
KCJAZZ, RANOSCKY AND OISEHUMEN, More grease to your elbows, always great to know we still have some great nigerian football followers there
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Ranoscky(m): 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2010
^
Thanx brov, u know, it's funny how some people dat has nottin doin at home, instead of dem to go to bed, (to have som rest) rather, dey signed in to know if NL would keep dem busy, FINE! After signin in, n goin thru all d latest topics in NL n found none interestin for dem to share dia comments, instead of dem to sign out immediately, rather, dey decide to post an eye soar. I wonder wen some of us hia in NL will grow up!
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by medjai(m): 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2010
wonderful move for Yobo. He will get regular playing time and also, Fenarbache are a much bigger club than Everton with a huge pedigree in Europe. Yobo will get the chance to challenge for and win titles with Fenabarche which is something he will never get with Everton. He will get the chance to play in the Champions League which also is something he will never get with Everton. The Turkish League is very competitive. There are so many big players there like Elano, Guiza, Quaresma, Nihat, etc and I'm glad Yobo will be joining them. I hope the deal becomes permanent
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by medjai(m): 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2010
Its funny how people are comparing Asamoah Gyan's move to Sunderland to Yobo's move to Fenarbache. Fenarbache are a much bigger club compared to Sunderland. Who is Sunderland, what have they won? EPL is doing Nigerians more harm than good
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by ayex0001: 2:26am On Sep 02, 2010
That is a good one for them o, Good for his career
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by mensdept: 4:01am On Sep 02, 2010
Ranoscky:

Robert Green plays for = west ham. Johnson plays for = liverpool. Rio Ferdinand plays for = man united. John Terry plays for = Chelsea. Ashley Cole plays for = Chelsea. Lampard plays for = Chelsea. Gerald plays for = liverpool. Defoe plays for = Tottenham. Joe Cole plays for = liverpool. Milner plays for mancity. Wayne Rooney plays for = man united. N i believe after spain n brazil, England (if i may say) is d 3rd country dat paraded d best players in d world durin d world cup in south Africa, But how far did dia best players in d world dat plays in d best clubs in d world took dem to in d just concluded world cup in south africa? Dsame question goes to d France team n also d Italian team. Even wen nigerian players wia playin in d best clubs, d glorious extent we have gone in d world cup so far is d 2nd round, so i don't see any big deal even if ALL Nigerian players R playin in "Bangladesh" league. So long as dey honour National call ups n give dia best, wia dey play is nottin to be complained/discussed about!

Thank you, It doesnt matter that Naija players play for the best teams. We need great players than can play together under a great coach sponsored by a great FA. The North African Duo of Egypt and Tunisia have won the Nations Cup since 2004 (4 cups) with largely domestic players. What of Spain 2010?

As for Yobo, I think he's part and parcel of a lackluster national team. As skipper he doesnt inspire confidence nor command the game. So the SE need to move forward and allow those useless players to transfer or be loaned till kingdom come. Time to move on
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by davidif: 8:06am On Sep 02, 2010
kcjazz:

What is mediocrity? Is Everton a better club than Fernabache? R Carlos, Okocha and one of our best defenders Uche Okechukwu played here plus champions league experience. I don't think its a crime if I am patriotic, I support any one who represents this country. If they play for money to secure the future that we as a nation can't guarantee then I don't have any problems with them it is the Nigerian system that should be blamed. Funny enough this list of future prospects do not list any player from Egypt the dominant champions of the past 10 years.
I disagree with the "Nigeria doesn't produce players anymore" tag I would rather suggest that the market is simply over saturated with so many Africans, which for me is a good thing. We simply need to change our system of development. Lets stop treating people who represent us like fools.

if you read this my earlier post, you would understand that Nigeria has no football talent anymore.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=478629.msg6596197#msg6596197
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by chelseabmw(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2010
congrats to u yobo. . . .But going to turkey is a let down
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by honeric01(m): 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2010
chelseabmw:

congrats to u yobo. . . .But going to turkey is a let down

How's going to Turkey a let down?

Do you know who Fernabache is?

Can you compare Everton with Fernabache?

Do you know how many veterans Fernabache have in their ranks?
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by Ranoscky(m): 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2010
^
No waste ur tym dey talk to pipu wey be say na for only NL hia dem dey get information for football.

U know, d problem with some NLers (Nigerians)? any Nigerian player dat is not playin in Leagues lyk EPL, La Liga, Or Serial A, den dat player has worn out!

@Chelsea-bmw abi na Chelsea-dry gin, Do know dat Guti (former Real madrid midfielder) is in Fenerbache? undecided
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by honeric01(m): 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2010
^^^^

I tire for all these Nigerians self angry
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by kcjazz(m): 3:16am On Sep 03, 2010
davidif:

if you read this my earlier post, you would understand that Nigeria has no football talent anymore.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=478629.msg6596197#msg6596197

I have read your post, nice idea on academies.
However, academies alone don’t guarantee trophy winning talents. It’s a combination of different factors most especially a functioning well organized league will do wonders for us. For me a better case study is Brazil, (cos we relate in some many ways) how do they stay relevant always? NFF should visit their FA and learn.
What I believe is anyone that represents this country especially in sports should be supported and not termed a "mediocre". The said Yobo made 250 appearances for Everton and lost his place because he was representing Nigeria. I have followed him since 1999 and I know he is a good player.
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by chelseabmw(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2010
honeric01:

How's going to Turkey a let down?

Do you know who Fernabache is?

Can you compare Everton with Fernabache?

Do you know how many veterans Fernabache have in their ranks?

you first question is not correct bro. . .fernabache is not a person
yes i know fernabache of turkey. . . they don't even qualify from group stage of europa or champions league since 2007
atleast everton have beaten manutd,chelsea and even arsenal in past season. .they even qualified for europa league
Re: Yobo Joins Fernabaché On Loan by chelseabmw(m): 10:06am On Sep 04, 2010
Ranoscky:

@Chelsea-bmw abi na Chelsea-dry gin, Do know dat Guti (former Real madrid midfielder) is in Fenerbache? undecided

and so?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Iran Friendly Squad List / Bet9ja Sure Winning Booking Code For Today December Sunday 17/12/2017 / Dele Alli’s Estranged Parents In Desperate Plea To Reconnect With Alli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.