Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,564 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars (1313 Views)

Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? / Mohammed Ali: His Cars And Iconic Photos Of Him In Cars (PHOTOS) / 5 Main Causes Of Car Engine Vibration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars by Autoreportusa: 2:13am On Mar 06, 2019
Excessive fuel consumption is when your car is guzzling more fuel it is suppose to.Thus familiarizing your self with the problems is another way to keep your car running as efficiently and economically as possible.

So here am going to give you the 9 main causes of high fuel consumption in cars.

Failed fuel injector

Reduced efficiency in the injector can cause fuel to be wasted by leaking or suppling excessive fuel.failed fuel injector can be caused mainly by
dirt in the injector system.
when it has leakage.

Bad spark plugs

The spark plugs is responsible for sparking combustion in your car engine.
If it is not working properly it can lead to excessive burning of fuel.

Dirty airflow system

Dirt in the airflow system can cause high fuel consumption.

Poor quality fuel

Premium fuel,i.e fuel with the highest octane number will give you the maximum horsepower and economically good.
So anything short of this will lead to a high fuel consumption.

Overspeeding

The more you accelerate your car while driving,the more fuel it is likely to consume.

Poor Engine oil

The quality of engine oil you choose to use in your car engine can also affect the rate at which fuel is consumed.
Use motor oil that is high in reducing friction or the one your car manual recommends.

Overloading the car

Using alot of electrical devices like your air conditioner will increase the load on the car engine thereby leading to high fuel consumption.

Bad driving habits

This is very common cause of high fuel consumption.Bad driving habits like overspending, stoping alot during short distances e.t.c can lead to high fuel consumption.

Bad Tires

Low tire pressure is also a common cause of high fuel consumption.The rolling resistance will place more load on the transmission,then the engine will work harder leading to a higher fuel consumption.

leaking Exhaust

This is also a very common cause of high fuel consumption.

[https://autoreportusa..com/2019/03/top-9-main-causes-of-high-fuel.html?m=1]

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars by justiniyke29: 6:35am On Mar 06, 2019
Without mentioning leaking exhaust you have not started yet.
Leaking exhaust In my Ford Explorer that made me use 2 full tank of fuel from Lagos to owerri one night.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:01am On Mar 06, 2019
justiniyke29:
Leaking exhaust In my Ford Explorer that made me use 2 full tank of fuel from Lagos to owerri one night.

hahahahahahaha
Re: Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars by Autoreportusa: 7:20am On Mar 06, 2019
justiniyke29:

Thanks for your contribution,I will do will to add it
Re: Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars by Autoreportusa: 7:27am On Mar 06, 2019
feel free to add your contribution guys
Re: Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars by temmym4(m): 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2019
Will you please correct the OVERSPENDING to OVERSPEEDING bro? Thank you.
Re: Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars by Autoreportusa: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
justiniyke29:
noted
Re: Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars by Autoreportusa: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
justiniyke29:

noted
Re: Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars by justiniyke29: 5:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

hahahahahahaha
it wasn't funny that day oo

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Ws Atf In Enugu / MERCEDES-BENZ EQC: ELECTRIFIED MERCEDES HITS THE ROAD (PHOTOS) / Top Four Electric Cars Made In Africa, You Won't Believe Number 1 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.