Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? (30857 Views)

Catalyst related High Fuel consumption. (Pics) / 15 Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars. / How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by christoranky(m): 6:00am On Aug 21, 2023
I bought 20k fuel just from mile2 to Ikorodu and back to mile2 again.... Before I know it, my tank Don empty.

1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by fineboynl(m): 12:29am On Aug 22, 2023
This shouldn’t cause fuel consumption. The upper side before oxygen senser or catalyst would cause high fuel usage.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Angrygoat: 9:00am On Aug 22, 2023
Ahhhh. Sure..why not.. infact its risky.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Renwess: 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
I believe the part of the car you posted is the exhaust tail pipe.

Sure if this damage is not taken care of asap, it will continue to drain your fuel. Fix this first before you look at any other thing that might be taken your fuel unexpectedly.

18 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Kenosky1: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2023
okay
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Kenosky1: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2023
christoranky:
I bought 20k fuel just from mile2 to Ikorodu and back to mile2 again.... Before I know it, my tank Don empty.

A major reason for high fuel consumption, the oxygen sensor will give the ECU wrong information. More air will be admitted to the engine and invariably more fuel to get the correct air/fuel ratio.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by NwaNimo1(m): 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2023
Maybe.....

19 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by sirjoggy(m): 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2023
Where in Ikorodu because Ikorodu is very big some part fall to Ogun State

14 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Forest122: 5:44pm On Aug 24, 2023
Yes bro
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Ppn247: 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2023
Bad exhaust drains fuel faster. Go and fix your leaky exhaust.

See how to make secure and easy payment for UK visa and IHS surcharge fees here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfwfb57kNWY?si=qrZJ5anG5Nu5M1t4
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by sofeo(m): 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
Maybe
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Franagg(m): 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
christoranky:

It might contribute to it, try and fix it
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by fuckJones(f): 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
sure, it happens in generator too

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Risingblue008(m): 5:47pm On Aug 24, 2023
Fesz
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Gwan2(m): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2023
OP please don't remind of my past predicament.

Thank God I sold that car last last sha......I committed the buyer of the car in my prayers and prayed the BP medication he will be buying should be original and not the fake BP medication sold in pharmacy shops around, because that will be double wahala for dead body.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by FunkeAyorinde: 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2023
cool
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by DanielsParker(m): 5:48pm On Aug 24, 2023
Go and weld it.

Also check for other exhaust leakages.
Check the exhaust net
Check your O2 sensors.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Johnjanrt: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2023
sad
Kpele.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Dozie32(m): 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2023
Nigeria is a country that her citizens has no interest for citizens.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Tecnophone: 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by Ghaxi: 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by baralatie(m): 5:50pm On Aug 24, 2023
Renwess:
I believe the part of the car you posted is the exhaust tail pipe.

Sure if this damage is not taken care of asap, it will continue to drain your fuel. Fix this first before you look at any other thing that might be taken your fuel unexpectedly.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by bigdammyj: 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2023
Reading...
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by jeromestarks: 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2023
No.
Re: Could This Be The Reason For High Fuel Consumption? by FreeStuffsNG: 5:55pm On Aug 24, 2023
christoranky:
20k is about 40 litres. That's plenty o. It could be the reason.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N108m 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo Racecar (photos) / Would You Buy This Beastly BMW C Evolution Bike? / Help! V.I.S Officials Just Meted An Injustice On Me (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.