Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts (27675 Views)

Buhari Unaware Of Support Groups’ Promises To Nigerians In 2015 – Femi Adesina / Tinubu: Shettima Is Unaware That He’s My Running Mate / Atiku: Buhari Unaware Of Allegations Against CJN Because Cabals Running His Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by midolian(m): 1:21pm On Mar 06, 2019
Hours after several crowdfunding accounts were set up for the People’s Democratic Party’s presidential candidate for the 2019 election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, his spokesman, Paul Ibe has said he is unaware of the accounts.

Popular activist, Segun Awosanya, tweeted what he referred to as the “official GoFundMe link” for people interested in supporting the defense of Atiku’s mandate in a credible Court of Law.

“Our Call to Action is therefore simple: to put our money where our votes went and deal a decisive blow against tyranny and rigging by donating freely to support the case against INEC and the ruling APC,” the fundraiser said.

The account, tagged “Supporting Atiku’s Presidential Mandate”, was created on Tuesday and has since gotten 16 donations totalling $832 of $100,000 goal set for the mandate.

However, a call to Ibe revealed that Abubakar himself is unaware of the crowdfunding accounts.

“It is not us, it is not something that we set up,” said Ibe.

“The candidate has not authorised this. However, if people think they need to do what they have to do in defense of democracy, I don’t think anybody is obliged to asking them not to do what they want to do as long as what they want to do is within the ambit of the law ” he added.

Ibe continued that Abubakar is willing to work with the fundraisers just as they worked with good-willing people who are committed to democracy and the rule of law during their campaign.

“We are (willing to work together with them). Since we started the campaign we have worked with men and women and youths of good will, people who want to change the situation we are in. People who are interested in ensuring that we get Nigeria working with the motive of creating jobs for the millions of the jobless, with the motive of creating opportunity, with the motive of changing the hopeless situation we are in. I think anybody that shares those values and visions, we are simply joining hands to achieve our aim.

“People are prepared to take their destinies in their own hands.”

Abubakar lost his presidential ambition to the incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress.

The country went to the polls a week later than planned on February 23.

After the result of the pol was announced, Abubakar called the election a sham and rejected the result and said he will challenge it in court.

On Tuesday he filed for access to all INEC materials used to conduct the presidential election before the tribunal.,

Atiku and PDP filed the ex-Parte application before the Presidential election petition tribunal seated at the Court of Appeal in Abuja.

https://guardian.ng/news/atiku-unaware-of-gofundme-accounts/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by theoldpretender(m): 1:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
Nigerians!

Someone is up to some monkey business using Atiku name.

Atiku and his group should tell Nigerians loud and clear that they did not authorize anyone to raise cash in their name.

Am sure it is a Nigerian behind the fake go fund me account.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by midolian(m): 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
gringringringrin

But seriously, by now, if Atiku isn't bankrupt after the billions of dollars he wasted on elections, there is an urgent need to investigate his source of wealth. Even Nigeria as a country can not spend that much on elections..

From the hundreds of millions of dollars he spent on the presidential primaries to the millions of Dollars he gave to Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB youths to make them rescind their decision to sit at home to the millions of dollars he gave to each state's REC to ....and the list is endless

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by HappyPagan: 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
theoldpretender:
Nigerians!

Am sure it is a Nigerian behind the fake go fund me account.
You are very brilliant. I was thinking it might be Italians.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by Dannyset(m): 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
Na Sega on twitter ooo grin

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by Davash222(m): 1:29pm On Mar 06, 2019
HappyPagan:

You are very brilliant. I was thinking it might be Italians.
My mind is telling me it could be Sudanese.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by aleeyus(m): 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
Kai naija
Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by bigstan11787(m): 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
hmmm
Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by freemanbubble: 1:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
Anyhow sha
We are heading to court
Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by Moreoffaith(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
Davash222:

My mind is telling me it could be Sudanese.
Lols

I suspect Malawians...

15 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by SenatePresdo(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lol...Some Nigerians are real opportunists.

BTW, after all the big countries have congratulated Buhari and most of the foreign observers commended the election exercise as credible and fair.

Even at that the CJN has been changed by Buhari prior to the election.

At this stage I don't know what is still giving Atiku the momentum to seek for Justice at the Tribunal.

And I don't know why Buhari after all the advantages he has now, is still wanting to blackmail Atiku not to challenge the outcome of the election.

it is like there is something we dont know.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by emerged01(m): 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
Total rubbish
Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by lollypeezle(m): 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
It is Segalink that opened it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by ClearFlair: 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2019
Thief. After impoverishing Nigerians he still wants to take the little money they have left. God punish all of them.

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
Instead of them to call it what it is...fraud. They still somehow can't afford not to suck up to anybody that purports to identify with them. Such a people pleaser. Yuck

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by Babalegba(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
Scammers at work

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by ksbusari(m): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
PDP!!!!! that's what they knw how to best. taking from the poor and giving to the rich.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by Topmaike007(m): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
Pdp and fraud are like 5&6

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by Femich18(m): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
Scammers just love taking advantage of Everything. I am sure some foolish people would have contributed as if Atiku doesn't have money to pay lawyers to get back his mandate which he claimed was stolen
Foolish People just keep increasing day by day!

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by mycar: 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
Just got to know about this now, checking the link for my own donation, our democracy must be saved by all means.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by 2blessed01(m): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2019
...All This Fake News Abt Atiku Is Just Apc Trying To Damage The Good Name Of Atiku B4 Their Court Cases Began!
Apc Why?

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
Sowore made 150m with gofund me during the last election. No wonder he don quiet

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by budusky05(m): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2019
So true true this guys just swallow the man money? He might be broke to be honest
Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by TwoBottles: 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
Politics is a shitty business; in the end all participants get their hands soiled.
The APC really played dirty, in PDP strongholds, there were lots of irregularities , cancellations , vote buying, card reader malfunction, late arrival of adhoc staff and logistics, disenfranchisement of millions of voters and all what not. I was there and can categorically state that the presidential election was rigged.
Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by LexngtonSteele: 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2019
grin

Boys want to scam these gullible IPoB like Kanu did
Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by VcStunner(m): 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
It's going to be the first time about the 90% of the most reasonable people in the most populous black nation on earth will be sober about an election outcome. Last 4yrs, it was just about 50% of the most reasonable people. If we want the world to take us seriously, then we need to stop letting almanjiris and other scumbags decide our leaders for us.
As such, I fully support this GoFundMe and I am going to donate $20. This is for my future, and that of my reasonable goonz them.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by BlackHATx: 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by TheFreeOne: 1:40pm On Mar 06, 2019
The Gofundme account is laudable but hope it will be properly managed.

And it is another way of creating a movement of Nigerians against maladministration of current administration.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by Gazzy88(m): 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
Joromi12:
Sowore made 150m with gofund me during the last election. No wonder he don quiet
Banky W made close to 300m.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by hisexcellency34: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2019
Everybody sha wan rip Atiku off

1 Like

Re: Atiku Unaware Of Gofundme Accounts by TheFreeOne: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
midolian:
gringringringrin

But seriously, if Atiku isn't bankrupt after the billions of dollars he wasted on elections, there is an urgent need to investigate his source of wealth. Even Nigeria as a country can not spend this much on elections..

From the hundreds of millions of dollars he spent on the presidential primaries to the millions of Dollars he gave to Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB youths to make them rescind their decision to sit at home to the millions of dollars he gave to each state's REC to ....and the list is endless

So APC and Buhari didn't spend money for campaigns?

Why are you guys so hypocritical?

And what evidence do you have to show he spent billions of dollars and bribed RECs?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Gambari Market Maiduguri This Morning (Photos) / President Buhari Will Not Resign – Femi Adesina / Police Arrest 67 IPOB Members, Native Doctor For Unlawful Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.