Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

It’s My Last Lap, I Won’t Disappoint – Buhari Assures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s My Last Lap, I Won’t Disappoint – Buhari Assures (220 Views)

We Won’t Disappoint You, Tinubu Assures Buhari / 'I Won’t Change If Reelected' - Buhari Assures / 'We Will Make Nigeria Liveable Again' - Buhari Assures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It’s My Last Lap, I Won’t Disappoint – Buhari Assures by Mrakeli: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has assured Nigerians that he would work harder in his second term which he described as his last lap to address the challenges facing the country, adding that he would not let them down.

He gave the assurance when he had an audience with the leadership of the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), when it paid him a congratulatory visit in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari said: “This is my last lap; I will try to work harder. I assure you I will not let you down.”

Chairman of the ACF’s board of trustees, Alhaji Adamu Fika, who led the delegation, said the visit was to congratulate the president on his victory at the poll.

Fika, recalled that in May 2016 when the delegation, led by late Alhaji Yusuf Maitama Sule, Danmasanin Kano, they had drawn Buhari’s attention to projects of concern to the North and of benefit to Nigeria at large.

He listed the projects to include the Baro Dry Port, the Mambilla Hydropower, self- sufficiency in agricultural produce, road construction and rehabilitation, and above all oil and gas exploration.

“It is pleasing to note that since then, the Baro Dry Port has been commissioned, while all other projects have been reactivated and now being implemented,” Fika said.

The elder statesman said: “We pray that those organs of government charged with the responsibility for the implementation will double their efforts to ensure that these projects are executed fully to their logical conclusion within a reasonable time.”

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/03/its-my-last-lap-i-wont-disappoint.html

Re: It’s My Last Lap, I Won’t Disappoint – Buhari Assures by davidodiba(m): 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2019
Okay. But you know say na you lose the election even though you manipulated winner
Re: It’s My Last Lap, I Won’t Disappoint – Buhari Assures by handie(m): 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2019
You better do. This is ur last chance to build a
lasting legacy. This time around, you can't
blame anybody if you fail. I and a whole lotta
Nigerians ignored d flaws of ur first term as
we felt you needed time to set d foundations
for a new and prosperous Nigeria. We've given u a 2nd term to build on d foundations
of ur first term. Make all d tough decisions
and so far they're in d interest of Nigeria,
you can be assured of our unflinching
support. If anyone of ur appointees wanna be
a clog in ur quest to build a lasting legacy, biko ditch him with no 2nd thought. Infact,
we'll need u to shed d toga of PMB and wear
that of GMB in making some hard decisions.....
In all, you have our best wishes and prayers
this 2nd term and I hope u really work
harder than u did during ur first term

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Imports 1.3 Billion Litres Of Fuel In Two Months / PDP Senatorial Candidate’s Aide Shot In Imo State / Winning Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.