Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows (8443 Views)

Standard Bank Report Predicts Increase In Reserves Buoyed By Domestic Oil Refine / Trustee Raises Alarm Over $50bn Mobolaji Bank Anthony Property / I&e Forex Window Attracts $1.9bn In 5 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by QuotaSystem: 7:04am On Mar 07, 2019
Esseite:

Oh... they meant transacted amount, inflow and outflow, the onus lies on how much was retained. Moreover the major bulk of that transaction rests on the CBN with its dollar push in millions into the forex market on a two weeks basis and massive bonds and bills sales of 2018 at a 14% interest rate.

There it is...

This is when the FG commemced treasury bills and bonds sales in massive scale, the question now is.... When the bonds mature, what is left after we pay back with its interest at 14% which obviously would leave the shores like it came because they chose investment in bills and bonds due to mistrust of our financial policies ?

No hate... just being logical[/s]

Where did you see CBN push millions into the forex market in an article that emphasized NON CBN sources?

Or just another attempt to deceive your gullible wailers?
Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by Chigboboss: 7:33am On Mar 07, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Where did you see CBN inject millions into the forex market in this article that emphasized NON CBN inflow to the I&E forex window?

We are talking about transactions in the I&E Forex window so quit trying to conflate issues to deceive and misinform the gullible.

Brilliant.

TonyeBarcanista the export focus policy we discussed is already yielding fruits cheesy.

Becoming an export based economy (non oil) is the surest and quickest way to Nigeria's economic prosperity as it will not only improve our balance of trade which will pump up the value of the Naira and reduce the cost of essential imports leading to a fall in inflation rates, but will also lead to multiplier effects including job creation and making our local firms players in the global marketplace.

Reducing our exchange rate volatility and maintaining stability is good news for foreign investors as it means less forex risk and more investor confidence and more $$$ pumped into the economy. Next Level.

making sense

2 Likes

Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by GoodMuyis(m): 7:40am On Mar 07, 2019
hydroking23:
The monetary policies of Mr Godwin Emefiele have pulled Nigeria out of recession. We must commend President Buhari for allowing this man to continue his good work!

Emefiele was part of the problem that plunges Nigeria into recession in the first place, being part of the solution is a good step, I hope he should be retained
Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 07, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Where did you see CBN push millions into the forex market in an article that emphasized NON CBN sources?

Or just another attempt to deceive your gullible wailers?

Are you not aware CBN has been pushing millions of dollars into the forex?

1 Like

Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by jomoh: 8:27am On Mar 07, 2019
Esseite:

- Naira that is being cushioned on a 2 weeks basis?
- Confidence and they have not flocked in despite 2 years?
- why then is everyone choosing bills & bonds over direct investment still after two years?

How do you expect them to flock in when you have next to zero infrastructure for companies to survive.

Same reason the auto industry couldn’t take off after the auto industry bill was signed into law by GEJ. No infrastructure to harness the raw materials needed.

This is the reason why this government has been shouting infrastructure.

We already have ease of doing business
We are already having stable currency and economy.
The third leg is the infrastructure which the government is already handling. It’s only a matter of time.

If you cannot see the pattern I don’t blame you. You probably supported Atiku. We that saw it coming voted for PMB. Foresight is a gift not given to everyone.

1 Like

Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by jomoh: 8:36am On Mar 07, 2019
RealityShot:
but the problem with CBN waitng for foriegn investors now is:

our currency is selling at a premium low.

there is only one way for it to go, if things get better, and that is higher which will depreciate the value of their dollars.

So CBN must focus on building farm, and processing and manufacuting industries within the country without foriegn investments.

this will allow our currency to soar above dollars due to reduced imports & possible increased imports.

BUT ALAS will our national economists & politicians allow Nigeria to be run like a profit seeking business?

Yes we have to wait for investors but the investors won’t come to a country without minimum infrastructure. More reason the government has been shouting infrastructure up and down.

For the first time we have a government that recognize a pattern to development and has the political will to go after it.

It is left for us to support a government with vision and plan to actualise it. Thank God we’ve dodged the bullet of PDP.
Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 07, 2019
jomoh:

How do you expect them to flock in when you have next to zero infrastructure for companies to survive.

Same reason the auto industry couldn’t take off after the auto industry bill was signed into law by GEJ. No infrastructure to harness the raw materials needed.

This is the reason why this government has been shouting infrastructure.

We already have ease of doing business
We are already having stable currency and economy.
The third leg is the infrastructure which the government is already handling. It’s only a matter of time.

If you cannot see the pattern I don’t blame you. You probably supported Atiku. We that saw it coming voted for PMB. Foresight is a gift not given to everyone.

Lol.. we don't need to dabble into foresight and all..

So where were in frastructure they once held before they left in droves?

An investor does not wait for infrastructure, that is why he is an investor... he creates infrastructures and business startups.
Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by Myself2(m): 8:49am On Mar 07, 2019
hydroking23:
The monetary policies of Mr Godwin Emefiele have pulled Nigeria out of recession. We must commend President Buhari for allowing this man to continue his good work!

Godwin Emefiele is a brilliant workaholic,the managerial engineering that led to the success of the zenith bank you see today is largely attributed to him by those who truly know
Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by jomoh: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2019
Esseite:

Lol.. we don't need to dabble into foresight and all..

So where were in frastructure they once held before they left in droves?

An investor does not wait for infrastructure, that is why he is an investor... he creates infrastructures and business startups.

Make a correction to the bold so I can get you properly.

On the second part, you assumption is laughable at the best. An investor don’t need infrastructure because he is into charity organization right.

You have iron ore that belongs to the country so you expect an investor into the auto industry to come and develop your steel industry when there are dozens of countries with already developed steel industries.

You have Ajaokuta in kogi and iron ore in delta so you expect an investor to build your cargo train from delta to kogi in other to transport the raw materials. Even developed countries don’t leave their critical infrastructure in the hands of investors to build.

You need to adjust you believes about investments, investors and nation building.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by obailala(m): 9:07am On Mar 07, 2019
hisgrace090:
I'm patiently waiting for the day the dollar will really come down.
dallyemmy:
The money no dey go down self?

One thing you should know is that it wouldnt come down for now. It's been intentionally maintained at N360 to prevent Nigerians from falling back to cheap imports, it's been held at that level to encourage people to locally produce and export.
Re: How I&E Forex Window Buoyed Naira Stability With $50bn Inflows by cr7lomo: 9:36am On Mar 07, 2019
rentAcock:
You know when President Buhari said he will reduce the exchange rate of dollar from N150/$ to N1/$1 people thought he was delusional. Well he didn't let us know that it will be a task that requires 8years at the helm. Dollar shot up to over N520/$ and people started voicing their frustrations which is understandable, but he has stabilized the rate to N360/$ for two years now at the dismay of speculators. I strongly believe that before the end of his 2nd term, Naira will be 50Kobo/$1, that's not a typo, you read that right, naira will be stronger than the dollar as it was in 1985 when my father used to travel to conventions in Las Vegas and partied like the King of Zamunda. When the white men would open the door of his taxi, pick up his suit cases and ferry him to his delux room. The naira was so strong, my dad will eat king crab legs, drink to his heart fillings and still have change to tip the pretty white bartenders. Although he never gambled, he always enjoyed his trips to Las Vegas. My dad told me several stories and they all had a common theme, 1970s and early 1980s Nigerians were highly sought after by the white man because our currency was strong and we were a thriving nation. This anecdote isn't about my father or am i trying to brag about anything, he was a common man with a currency far stronger than the Dollar and Pounds sterling. While I will never forget the tales of my father, I will also never forget that in 1994 Rashidi Yekini became the first Nigerian to score in the World Cup tournament where we defeated Bulgaria 3-0.

E b like say u get high fever... better go better hospital...Na so madness de take start

(1) (2) (Reply)

Different Types Of Advertising In Nigeria / The Truth About Making Money On Fiverr As A Nigerian / ALAT (wema Bank) Indefinitely Restricted My Account Without Reason. Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.