Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres (50311 Views)

Atiku's Son Doesn't Work In A Pure Water Factory, His Father Owns It / Mohammed Abubakar, Atiku's Son Who Works In A Pure Water Company / 2019 Elections: Oby Ezekwesili Seeks Public Support; Releases Bank Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by dominusgai(m): 4:29pm On Mar 07, 2019
RevenGeMission:

Corporate accounts have unlimited transaction limit?,

Brain must be paining you or you read the constitution upside down

It's even posted in banking halls that ~100M transactions by corporate accounts must be reported to EFCC. These thieves did 50B naira transaction

Stop twisting facts to suit your purpose
It is the banks job, not the person's job to report to EFCC. And if the bank reports it, EFCC will have to ascertain if the transaction is for goods and services by investigating the company's books first, not harassing the company owner first.
Transaction limit is not the same as EFCC report responsibility. Any transaction above 10million naira (for corporate bodies) is reported to EFCC, but that does not mean the transaction limit is 10 million. No corporate account has a transaction limit, not one. That does not mean no report would be made if an high transaction is made.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by deomelo: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
sonofElElyon:
The practice is unconstitutional.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/features/remand-order-is-a-breach-of-constitution-rights-of-suspects/amp

The order came from courts of Law, the designated interpreters of our laws and federal constitution.

Btw, please copy and paste the relevant parts of the constitution that says judges can not issue valid court can not issue court orders to detain people.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by sonofElElyon: 4:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
I said IDEALLY there is no need to detain. Read well before commenting..

The problem with you is that you presume people guilty until proven innocent whereas the rule of law prescribes the very opposite! You obviously don't appreciate that a person should not be denied of fundamental rights of freedom of movement arbitrarily except upon establishment of guilt

adanny01:

EFCC is allowed to detain for 2 days but no need to detain. How does this sound to you.

Search warrant, freeze account which one is applicable to this context.

Next, you mean EFCC should take their office to the suspect's office to take his statement. Besides why is it that you dont know what a statement is that you think you can write it at the comfort of your own office.

Are you aware that a statement is officially a part of the case and admitted in court. An EFCC case officer should leave his office to all the cases on his table. If there are 10 cases he handles a day, he will be in 10 different offices to take their statements. Please next time think of the implications before making comments.

Next time the court session will hold in Atiku's pocket.

Next time my house is burgled, i will invite the police to come and take my case.

Next time also, advice Atiku's son in-law to invite the EFCC to his office when he thinks he has a case.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by dominusgai(m): 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2019
adanny01:

We are talking about over 60billion naira. I needed to mention that so you will appreciate what we are talking about.

Secondly, i am loosing steam with the poor reasoning you guys choose to exhibit. We are talking about money laundering. If you know, you know, if you dont know, you should read.

Let me bring your attention to this since you don't want to do your home work. According to BDC operational guidelines of 2015 (dont know of there is a current one)

How much did the BDC change in the OP? $141,000! What law did they breach? Money laundering act.
I would rather remain in dollars. The naira equivalent makes you guys think is big money. A hundred thousand dollars is about 36 million naira so a hundred and forty one thousand dollars is actually less than 70 million, So you are arresting a business man for changing to naira money he can use to buy 3 luxury cars for his company, where the car dealer would want the naira equivalent or to build one luxury building still for his company where all the workers would insist payment in naira.
The thing with EFCC is the outrageous claim they keep making. They are charging someone for having 164.4 million dollars (that is about 60 billion) yet you are saying he changed only 141 thousand to naira and tried to change the rest but couldn't.

And bro, the 5000 dollars limit is for people not corporations.

I also know that around that time in question banks where having trouble changing dollars to naira due to the demand for naira after the festive period.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by sonofElElyon: 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2019
Read the legal opinion I posted. Dont be lazy

deomelo:

The order came from courts of Law, the designated interpreters of our laws and federal constitution.

Btw, please copy and paste the relevant parts of the constitution that says judges can not issue valid court can not issue court orders to detain people.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by Hedonisst: 5:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
dominusgai:

It is the banks job, not the person's job to report to EFCC. And if the bank reports it, EFCC will have to ascertain if the transaction is for goods and services by investigating the company's books first, not harassing the company owner first.
Transaction limit is not the same as EFCC report responsibility. Any transaction above 10million naira (for corporate bodies) is reported to EFCC, but that does not mean the transaction limit is 10 million. No corporate account has a transaction limit, not one. That does not mean no report would be made if an high transaction is made.

Even a typical individual account does not have a transaction limit in the real sense. Reporting requirements for certain categories of transactions is not the same thing as transaction limit.

If Arthur Eze chooses to transfer N5b to me via my savings account, as merely a goodwill gift, what does the law say about that? Does the law forbid anyone from giving a monetary gift to another person beyond a specified limit? What if I refuse to upgrade the account to a current account or a corporate account? Am I obligated to do so in order to be qualified to have a certain amount?

With that N5b in my savings account, what if I choose to 'dash' my brother, friend, or anyone else N1b via a transfer to their own savings account? Really, I need clear answers on the illegality in these kinds of transactions. We can't assume they're not possible or 'reasonable'. Man was not made for the law. The law was made for Man.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by deomelo: 5:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
sonofElElyon:
Read the legal opinion I posted. Dont be lazy

You posted a bogus link, not a legal opinion and even last time I checked, the Nigerian Judiciary as a major arm of the Nigerian governments is the only entity designated to interpret and adjudicate the Nigerian constitution, not whatever silly and roadside legal opinion you are talking about.

Btw, laziness is the only reason why you refused to cut and paste the rubbish and irrelevant opinion you are talking about.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by RevenGeMission: 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2019
dominusgai:

So you agree there's a limit

You agree bank must report transactions exceeding a value

And you are not wiser than EFCC who sought clarity on the transaction
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by adanny01(m): 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
dominusgai:

Hmm, yes they do, a lot. The thing with the law is that your facts must be beyond reasonable doubt. And since I have known EFCC, the only evidence they bring is bank statement. Concrete proof involves members of the company testifying against the owner with records to back his testimony is concrete proof. Any case with airtight evidence cannot be lost on a technicality.

The bolded is a big lie.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by adanny01(m): 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
dominusgai:

I would rather remain in dollars. The naira equivalent makes you guys think is big money. A hundred thousand dollars is about 36 million naira so a hundred and forty one thousand dollars is actually less than 70 million, So you are arresting a business man for changing to naira money he can use to buy 3 luxury cars for his company, where the car dealer would want the naira equivalent or to build one luxury building still for his company where all the workers would insist payment in naira.
The thing with EFCC is the outrageous claim they keep making. They are charging someone for having 164.4 million dollars (that is about 60 billion) yet you are saying he changed only 141 thousand to naira and tried to change the rest but couldn't.

And bro, the 5000 dollars limit is for people not corporations.

I also know that around that time in question banks where having trouble changing dollars to naira due to the demand for naira after the festive period.

BDC is designed to serve people not corporations. The official point of call for cooperations are the mainstream banks.

I hope you read where EFCC said they recovered......

BDC all round limit is $5,000.

That BDC transaction is main offence. The other transfers are linked to the fx.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by adanny01(m): 6:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
deomelo:

Welcome to the world of unreasonable opinions. They say it like its the fact but you and I know they need to read.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by dominusgai(m): 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
RevenGeMission:

So you agree there's a limit

You agree bank must report transactions exceeding a value

And you are not wiser than EFCC who sought clarity on the transaction

I don't know if you know this but the term limit is defined as a point after which nothing can be added. the bank has to report any transaction of corporate 10 million naira to EFCC, that does not mean the transaction limit a corporate body can do is 10 million. Do you not know the difference between limit and report?
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by dominusgai(m): 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
adanny01:

The bolded is a big lie.
Hmm not a lie, just a fact.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by adanny01(m): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hedonisst:

Even a typical individual account does not have a transaction limit in the real sense. Reporting requirements for certain categories of transactions is not the same thing as transaction limit.

If Arthur Eze chooses to transfer N5b to me via my savings account, as merely a goodwill gift, what does the law say about that? Does the law forbid anyone from giving a monetary gift to another person beyond a specified limit? What if I refuse to upgrade the account to a current account or a corporate account? Am I obligated to do so in order to be qualified to have a certain amount?

With that N5b in my savings account, what if I choose to 'dash' my brother, friend, or anyone else N1b via a transfer to their own savings account? Really, I need clear answers on the illegality in these kinds of transactions. We can't assume they're not possible or 'reasonable'. Man was not made for the law. The law was made for Man.

I like the way you wish to understand. The bolded i assume to be your main question.

The fact is all the transfers in the case are not illegal. They are perfectly within the legitimate right of the individuals except for the BDC part of the transactions. The BDC part of the transactions violated money laundering act because of the limits. The fact that part of the whole sum of money is involved in money laundering will get the entire sum to be treated as such. These are all the issues the court will handle but the charge sheet will read money laundering plus other offences EFCC will put together.

If Authur Eze wishes to transfer such an amount to you. EFCC will investigate you but will probably just keep tabs on you behind the scenes until you make a dick move probably for being a JJC. You only earned yourself a spot on their watchlist.

Your dick move could be using a BDC to change N100m to $ cash. That is money laundering and the net will swing on you.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by dominusgai(m): 6:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
adanny01:

BDC is designed to serve people not corporations. The official point of call for cooperations are the mainstream banks.

I hope you read where EFCC said they recovered......

BDC all round limit is $5,000.

That BDC transaction is main offence. The other transfers are linked to the fx.
Following this rule, EFCC will have to arrest all the corporations that trade with Forex. First of all, there are seasons where the bank itself does not have enough naira to change to dollars. It happened this last Christmas, people had dollars but the band did not have sufficient naira. Secondly, every business man buys dollars beyond the normal amount from BDC, even Buhari's son in-law. If they want to arrest him on that they should be ready to arrest and investigate owners of at least 40% of the corporations in Nigeria. Let them be impartial.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by Felixv: 6:48pm On Mar 07, 2019
dante0147:
Somebody that has different business and you say atiku shouldn’t have that kind of money ?

atiku said he only earned 10 million naira in one year....and paid only 3m naira in tax

so if you say he owns all that money then we are waiting for his true tax receipts.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by dominusgai(m): 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hedonisst:

There is a limit that can be transferred to a personal account. There is also a limit to the amount of transaction some savings account can do. First bank for example has a #50,000 limit savings account. If you try to save above it it would not go.
A corporate account for an enterprise also has some restrictions. If for example a 1 million transfer is done to your enterprise when it has never received 50 thousand it will be temporarily frozen.
But a limited or PLC corporate account has no limitations.
Both types of corporate accounts automatically log in to CBN a report when a transaction above 10 million is done on the account. For an enterprise account, because you and your company are viewed as 1, you can be arrested as if it is a personal account if there is suspicion of money laundry.
But for a limited and PLC account, the company is a different entity from the owners. Before they can arrest an owners they have to investigate the books and discover a direct link from the company to the owner, or have one key person in the company testify against the owner with recorded evidence. That is why it is difficult even in USA to arrest owners of Ltds and PLCs despite every suspicion they are involved in money laundry. The steps to gather evidence is pain staking and long. No corporation will just open its books for you. Most of the time they have to convince an insider to testify against their bosses with records they have before an arrest can be made.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by sonofElElyon: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
I am sorry, I won't spoonfeed you. If you cannot click on a simple link to read the legal opinion of a senior advocate of nigeria (S.A.N.) then its unfortunate. It is trite law that any law (administration of criminal justice act in this case) inconsistent with any provision of the constitution is void to the extent of that inconsistency. The judiciary is made up of levels and has a hierarchy. The supreme court has over time overturned decisions of lower courts and even overruled itself depending on the leanings of the SCJs at a particular time. There are conservative and activist judges at each level and each will interpret the law based on his/her leanings. On this issue, there have been judgements and counter judgements. The chief judge of the federal high court at a point had ordered judges in the fct not to grant such orders. Such orders have been given and overturned by a higher judge and vice versa ( has been denied and later given by a higher judge). There exists some disagreement among judges and indeed lawyers on the issue of remand orders but we are in a democracy where the right to freedom of movement is not meant to be denied because EFCC has not finished their investigation! That is alien to any true democracy! Sound legal jurisprudence will eventually prevail in our judiciary. No human rights lawyer worth his salt will agree that the provisions of the administration of criminal justice act that allows remand order for conclusion of investigation is constitutional.

deomelo:

You posted a bogus link, not a legal opinion and even last time I checked, the Nigerian Judiciary as a major arm of the Nigerian governments is the only entity designated to interpret and adjudicate the Nigerian constitution, not whatever silly and roadside legal opinion you are talking about.

Btw, laziness is the only reason why you refused to cut and paste the rubbish and irrelevant opinion you are talking about.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by BotherMleeper(m): 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
lahizak:

Bros, u almost made sense but here is the different. All this examples u mentioned, there bank details were actually made after extensive investigations not after suspicions of crime. U cant tell me this is not true because Americans believe and stick to the law which says you are not guilty until otherwise proven by the court. No anti graft agency will release your bank details to the public without proper and conclusive investigation. If thats how it works all of the details of billionaires and millionaires will be released day by day

FBI raided the suspect BECAUSE of suspicious bank transactions, and Mueller mentioned the amounts involved and the recipient accounts after the suspect was arrested.

It was later that the purposes of the transactions were revealed.

When someone moves vast amounts beyond legal provisions, ten to one it's for criminal purposes.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by adanny01(m): 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
dominusgai:

Following this rule, EFCC will have to arrest all the corporations that trade with Forex. First of all, there are seasons where the bank itself does not have enough naira to change to dollars. It happened this last Christmas, people had dollars but the band did not have sufficient naira. Secondly, every business man buys dollars beyond the normal amount from BDC, even Buhari's son in-law. If they want to arrest him on that they should be ready to arrest and investigate owners of at least 40% of the corporations in Nigeria. Let them be impartial.

What do you mean by this?

Nigeria has laws but weak institutions. In saner climes drug barons pay heavily to clean up money. Here we pay small money to make it light so it could disappear.

The fact that it is a norm to exchange large fx on the street does not make it lawful. The fact that i have done it and have not been caught does not mean you should do it and you should not be caught.

When Nigerians like you speak like this, i lose hope that Nigeria will ever be great. Its either we dont know the law or we know it and still flaunt it with flagrant disregard.

I hate when someone says they should be ready to arrest everybody.

I believe in 99days for the their 1 day for the owner. The fact that 40 percent of FX deals are illegal does not repeal the law. One day, the law will catch up but no one should say since Mr A was not caught Mr B should be free if caught.

We have so many kidnappers but one notorious one called Evans was caught, should we set him free because his entire gang was not caught.

Your line of thought is clearly partisan holding forth for corruption and blaming our weak institutions. People like you are the reason Nigeria will never progress.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by Don4eva(m): 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2019
olagbola45:

In asiwaju voice

Nah your money?

Exactly, not mine, I wonder why you call somebody a thief when he didn't steal your money
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by olagbola45(m): 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2019
Don4eva:

Exactly, not mine, I wonder why you call somebody a thief when he didn't steal your money

D world self know he is a biggest thief
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by Kuginzi: 11:44pm On Mar 07, 2019
dominusgai:
I never argue blindly, I am not you. I told you before, meet any staff working for a concrete real estate agent. The federal government sells properties for peanuts everyday.
My friend you're arguing without facts. Your argument is based on assumption. List only 5assets sold by APC government and I will list 10 Assets sold by PDP government. Simple. Pls stop beating around the bush.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by deomelo: 12:09am On Mar 08, 2019
sonofElElyon:
I am sorry, I won't spoonfeed you. If you cannot click on a simple link to read the legal opinion of a senior advocate of nigeria (S.A.N.) then its unfortunate. It is trite law that any law (administration of criminal justice act in this case) inconsistent with any provision of the constitution is void to the extent of that inconsistency. The judiciary is made up of levels and has a hierarchy. The supreme court has over time overturned decisions of lower courts and even overruled itself depending on the leanings of the SCJs at a particular time. There are conservative and activist judges at each level and each will interpret the law based on his/her leanings. On this issue, there have been judgements and counter judgements. The chief judge of the federal high court at a point had ordered judges in the fct not to grant such orders. Such orders have been given and overturned by a higher judge and vice versa ( has been denied and later given by a higher judge). There exists some disagreement among judges and indeed lawyers on the issue of remand orders but we are in a democracy where the right to freedom of movement is not meant to be denied because EFCC has not finished their investigation! That is alien to any true democracy! Sound legal jurisprudence will eventually prevail in our judiciary. No human rights lawyer worth his salt will agree that the provisions of the administration of criminal justice act that allows remand order for conclusion of investigation is constitutional.

You are siting here spoon feeding me endless irrelevant and meaningless essays, but still won't post the very thing you based your ignorant argument on. Where is the sense and wisdom in that.? Obviously, you are too ashamed and even scared to post it.

Anyway, your silly link is just another irrelevant opinion.

The Nigerian Judiciary is the supreme interpreters and adjudicators of our laws and constitution so I care less about your silly link and irrelevant opinion.

You are just a waste of time.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by sonofElElyon: 12:48am On Mar 08, 2019
I leave you with a quote from Horace, the great Roman lyric poet who lived during the time of Caesar Augustus

"Vitanda Est Improba Siren Desidia'.

Bye.

deomelo:

You are siting here spoon feeding me endless irrelevant and meaningless essays, but still won't post the very thing you based your ignorant argument on. Where is the sense and wisdom in that.? Obviously, you are too ashamed and even scared to post it.

Anyway, your silly link is just another irrelevant opinion.

The Nigerian Judiciary is the supreme interpreters and adjudicators of our laws and constitution so I care less about your silly link and irrelevant opinion.

You are just a waste of time.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by Kuginzi: 7:24am On Mar 08, 2019
hush15:

Poverty mentality is over worrying you. You are the person that should go and ask google.

Do you even know the function of NNPC sef? NNPC has failed in its responsibility and the government of the day has used it to rob the economy brazenly, just as it was identified with its predecessor. It's reported that Buhari's daughter even sits on the board. I can bet anything that even if you live a million years, even your generations unborn won't get near nnpc building not to mention working there or sit on the board.

Refine petrol, it cant. It's not even drilling crude. Others dig it and sell it and give NNPC its share.

The small Nigerians can get is through refining so portions locally so we can buy cheap but all we have hearing is turn around maintenance. They still import fuel and trillions in subsidy in the present government. People be using NNPC to rape Nigerians day in, day out. They even wasting more billions to find crude in the north and you are shouting trash....
If poverty is worrying me, then ignorance is your problem. Tell me one benefit Nigerians get from the Assets PDP privatised? Atiku presided as head of the National Council on Privatisation, over the sale of several public enterprises which have gone moribund.
The way Atiku is eager to sell NNPC, it's like the guy has already collected advance payment
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by dominusgai(m): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2019
adanny01:

Nigeria has laws but weak institutions. In saner climes drug barons pay heavily to clean up money. Here we pay small money to make it light so it could disappear.

The fact that it is a norm to exchange large fx on the street does not make it lawful. The fact that i have done it and have not been caught does not mean you should do it and you should not be caught.

When Nigerians like you speak like this, i lose hope that Nigeria will ever be great. Its either we dont know the law or we know it and still flaunt it with flagrant disregard.

I believe in 99days for the their 1 day for the owner. The fact that 40 percent of FX deals are illegal does not repeal the law. One day, the law will catch up but no one should say since Mr A was not caught Mr B should be free if caught.

We have so many kidnappers but one notorious one called Evans was caught, should we set him free because his entire gang was not caught.

Your line of thought is clearly partisan holding forth for corruption and blaming our weak institutions. People like you are the reason Nigeria will never progress.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by dominusgai(m): 7:40am On Mar 08, 2019
adanny01:

I quite agree with you that it is against the law. But unlike kidnapping, buying foreign exchange above market price is an easy thing to investigate. Kidnapping on the other hand is not. I am sure they arrested the BDC they claim sold the dollars to him. I am also sure they checked his record and saw other business men that bought that amount of dollars from him.
Therin lies the unprofessionalism of EFCC. If it was USA, the investigation of the BDC would lead to the arrest of other culprits as they would use his record as evidence to get other people who committed same crime. But when you target arrest a person of a crime while deliberately ignoring evidence of others perpetuating that crime you begin to warp the justice system. This is not a case of the thief not being seen for 99 days but a case of 99 thiefs being let go despite seeing security footage of them because you want to arrest one.
Why arrest someone for a crime you know half of all corporation in the country commit, yet refuse to investigate any other person in the record? Are you telling me if an independent investigation is carried out other government company owners won't be discovered to have changed that same amount?
What you are saying is like the police arresting an armed robber and his gum seller but refusing to go after other criminals the gun seller sold guns to despite a record showing it.
Selective justice is the worst form of crime that can happen to a nation. Your Justice has to be as impartial as you can make it. When you allow for selective Justice you breed discontent and hate.
And it is actually people like you that would make Nigeria not progress, people who encourage selective Justice and make some people feel above the law while others are not. People who hat insist a government arrest the opposition for crimes they themselves are committing. I can swear a number of buhari's family has done a business transaction that triggered an EFCC report from the bank in this period, but they will chose not to investigate.
The fact that our crime prevention organizations chooses cases to investigate despite available evidence is something no nation should stand.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by dominusgai(m): 7:48am On Mar 08, 2019
Kuginzi:

My friend you're arguing without facts. Your argument is based on assumption. List only 5assets sold by APC government and I will list 10 Assets sold by PDP government. Simple. Pls stop beating around the bush.
Therein lies my challenge with you. The issue is not that PDP sold more than APC, but that APC is still selling assets at all while still faulting PDP a past administration for selling asset. So you are telling me because a thief stole ten naira, and the more resent thief stole five naira, the thief that stole five naira should accuse the other one of being a thief.
That my friend is the definition of hypocrisy.
I would list the assets sold by the APC federal government but seeing as it might put a close friend in trouble I will not. All I will ask is that you ask any concrete real estate agent you know, not those kpai kpai ones but those that buy properties across state lines.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by lagdmark(m): 7:50am On Mar 08, 2019
docadams:
This will shut up the Atiku's camp momentarily.
Olodo stay clear. Atiku is a private business man he can move as much billions of $,€and£ as he likes
An ordinary former governor tinubu has a bullion van stationed at ikoyi for the election
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by hush15: 8:14am On Mar 08, 2019
Kuginzi:

If poverty is worrying me, then ignorance is your problem. Tell me one benefit Nigerians get from the Assets PDP privatised? Atiku presided as head of the National Council on Privatisation, over the sale of several public enterprises which have gone moribund.
The way Atiku is eager to sell NNPC, it's like the guy has already collected advance payment

Am glad you asking to mention a few benefits of what Atiku sold.

Lemme first start with the obvious

1. NITEL

Before selling, NITEL was already moribund. I remember then even when it was only the rich that could afford communication, communication was still crap. You buy 5000 naira card to get lets say 20mins. Coverage may be wide but infrastructure was dilapidated. NITEL was raped again and again by every successive government just like its brothers i.e. Nigerian Airways, NNPC and the rest. It was abused and became a drain pipe and a fertile ground for corruption for a service only top government officials could access and few rich folks. You want to hear the blunt truth, civil servants and top government officials killed NITEL because they kept swallowing money meant for improving and servicing NITEL and no amount of money could fix it because the monies were syphoned, yet government expenditure and overhead kept increasing. The only solution was to sell and whoever bought it would have so much to deal with.

Like all evolution process, from the death of dinosaurs to the rise of human, evolution caught up with nitel. GSM was shaping the future and the economic implication of it was considered. There was so many benefits but only sure way to start right was to let private sector run it. I say this emphatically, if GSM services was provided by government, it would be dead by now just like NITEL because we can abuse anything in this country.Those that bought nitel are really struggling not because of they didn't do the right thing by selling it, but because the rot of nitel was irredeemable.The best the present owner can is what he is doing and trying to catch up with the new trends and innovation which am sure isnt costing him cheap through rebranding and providing new services. The advent of gsm also stalled nitel. Infact if you ask me, at first we all grumbled but it was a smart move on the long run. Today, as am typing this, am in my toilet. Anybody can wake up tomorrow to buy a phone. Sim card is almost free. It's accessible everywhere and can call anywhere. What about economic impact, endless.

That's one. When i start with two, i probably would have typed epistle that you cant read finish but what i want you to understand that some service agencies that government runs have been abused to a fault and NNPC is no exception. It has gotten to stage that even if you take over, the prevailing air of that agency takes over you and that's why i cant really blame Mr Rocket Science when he was insulting GEJ that it will take him 6months to fix power. Now that he is minister of power, how much has he impacted? Bureaucracy won him over and all of a sudden, its excuse left, right and center. Partially Privatising it is one step in the right direction. The other thing is to go the entire 9yards. Though the power sector has its perculiarity, Let anybody who can provide it in each region. The only reason power still fails is because government is still wants to be involved, Afterall they control Generation and Transmission. It's only Distribution that decided to be open but government isn't ready to loose such control.

So back to our NNPC, its still the same thing. The rot of NNPC is of epic proportions, Infact i pity whoever is willing to buy. The only peck is that there is already established markets for them in huge demand. The politics and bureaucracy that goes on there with all its various arms, Nigeria will forever be denied. Refineries can never work. Buhari said he will make petrol 45naira. How, but not with this current NNPC. The people killing NNPC are the people in the NNPC including Mr Minister who happens to be Buhari himself. For anything good to come from oil sector in Nigeria, NNPC needs to go. It needs to be unbundled. New bodies free of government interference need to takes its place. It might first be tough because of the vast stakeholders involved but it needs to evolve like NITEL. It must die and something private can come in and that requires the will power of a serious government. I support selling NNPC 100%. If its about who he is selling it to, honestly i dont care. Afterall, i know its not going to be a one man show. As long it can open up the economy, encourage local production, create more jobs, ease and enrich peoples life, why not. Not a few civil servants fees fat from it at the expense of the 180million who cant get a single pin.
Re: EFCC Releases Bank Transactions As Details Of Atiku’s Son-in-law, Lawyer’s Arres by adanny01(m): 10:29am On Mar 08, 2019
dominusgai:

I quite agree with you that it is against the law. But unlike kidnapping, buying foreign exchange above market price is an easy thing to investigate. Kidnapping on the other hand is not. I am sure they arrested the BDC they claim sold the dollars to him. I am also sure they checked his record and saw other business men that bought that amount of dollars from him.
Therin lies the unprofessionalism of EFCC. If it was USA, the investigation of the BDC would lead to the arrest of other culprits as they would use his record as evidence to get other people who committed same crime. But when you target arrest a person of a crime while deliberately ignoring evidence of others perpetuating that crime you begin to warp the justice system. This is not a case of the thief not being seen for 99 days but a case of 99 thiefs being let go despite seeing security footage of them because you want to arrest one.
Why arrest someone for a crime you know half of all corporation in the country commit, yet refuse to investigate any other person in the record? Are you telling me if an independent investigation is carried out other government company owners won't be discovered to have changed that same amount?
What you are saying is like the police arresting an armed robber and his gum seller but refusing to go after other criminals the gun seller sold guns to despite a record showing it.
Selective justice is the worst form of crime that can happen to a nation. Your Justice has to be as impartial as you can make it. When you allow for selective Justice you breed discontent and hate.
And it is actually people like you that would make Nigeria not progress, people who encourage selective Justice and make some people feel above the law while others are not. People who hat insist a government arrest the opposition for crimes they themselves are committing. I can swear a number of buhari's family has done a business transaction that triggered an EFCC report from the bank in this period, but they will chose not to investigate.
The fact that our crime prevention organizations chooses cases to investigate despite available evidence is something no nation should stand.

Walahi you dont agree with me since you turn around to insist that other corporations break the law but since one has be caught, it is wrong.

From what you are saying, am not sure you read or understood the opening post.

What is selective justice? The fact that one kidnapper is in jail and the other is free is also selective justice.

So all kidnappers should go free since the others are still free. All rapist, murderers, looters, boko Haram, infact every person in jail should be freed because somewhere someone has done the same thing but is still walking free. That is the f.cked up ideology you have.

Former SGF Babachir who awarded contract to himself should be returned to office in that case. Do you know how many government officials do same and were not caught. Why didnt you protest on behalf of Babachir if you hold the view that crime must be fought holistically.

It is you who have a selective defense for crime. As long as a crime is committed by a person associated with the opposition, the should go free.

There is absolutely no reason you should support those who the EFCC go after as far as a crime was committed. The only reason you are here defending them is because Atiku is mentioned. Please get a life. This thing is beginning to piss me off because the hope i have in Nigeria is dashed by you people with twisted reasoning.

You agree a crime was committed, but you dont agree that the culprits be arrested, how twisted is your thinking.

Pot calling a kettle black.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Hope Uzodinma Makes First Appointments / Osinbajo's Daughter Kiki At Her Cousin's Wedding In Kaduna State - Photos / Atiku With 489,045 Votes Defeats Tinubu In Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.