Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

U.S Soldier Shot In The Head With A Machine Gun Rounds Still Alive - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / U.S Soldier Shot In The Head With A Machine Gun Rounds Still Alive (1125 Views)

Woman Stabs Her Relative On The Head With A Broken Bottle For Shaming Her Son / Police Intercept 753 Machine Gun Ammunitions Heading To Abia State (Photos) / Soldier Shot Dead By Kidnappers In Jos While Trying To Rescue Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Soldier Shot In The Head With A Machine Gun Rounds Still Alive by tym92(m): 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2019
Staff Sgt. Steven "Bryan" McQueen was shot in the head with a round fired from a truck-mounted machine gun in Afghanistan last year.
His Enhanced Combat Helmet stopped the bullet, saving his life in an insider attack that claimed the life of another soldier.
McQueen experienced a minor brain bleed, but no permanent damage.
The US Army presented his tattered helmet to him at a ceremony this week.

On the side of his wife, smiles turned serious when she was asked about seeing the helmet and the tangible results of the close call her husband experienced.
"I knew it was bad, I knew he had been shot. I was in shock when I saw it," she said. "If he wouldn't have had it on then he wouldn't have come home."
Waiting at home then, and attending the ceremony on Monday, were his daughter, age 8, and two sons, ages 6 years and 10 months.
It'll be a few years before McQueen thinks his children will fully understand this artifact from his tour, but it will fit prominently in his home and memory.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/army-soldier-shot-in-the-head-reunited-with-life-saving-helmet-2019-3
Re: U.S Soldier Shot In The Head With A Machine Gun Rounds Still Alive by tym92(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2019
The helmet below, that saved the Sgt. was bisected and mounted on a plaque with McQueen's name and the appropriate unit coinage, was presented to him.

Re: U.S Soldier Shot In The Head With A Machine Gun Rounds Still Alive by Artistree: 8:55pm On Mar 08, 2019
His village people are still sleeping
Re: U.S Soldier Shot In The Head With A Machine Gun Rounds Still Alive by Hoodbilonia: 5:39am On Mar 09, 2019
Na usa na
Confirm bullet proof helmet
Once u see
Made is usa
U no say na confirm
If na lie ask apple

(1) (Reply)

Man Gets 14yrs For Raping Epileptic Teenager At Gunpoint / Abuja Police Killed Man For Buying Food During Lock Down / Driver Rapes COVID-19 Patient He Was Transporting To The Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.