Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Should Christians Participate In Politics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Participate In Politics (391 Views)

Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Participate In Politics by chikachuks1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2019
I came across this question on a forum and decided to help share it here for more contributions

"I want to ask this question because I discovered that people have different perspectives on the issue of Christiana participating in politics. Many people think and belive that politics is not good for good and heaven minded Christians. So I decided to bring up the issue here, since this is a Christian forum. Fellow Christians please clarify me on this issue so that I will know what to say next time. THANKS ALL".

To provide answer or take part I the discussion, CLICK HERE
Re: Should Christians Participate In Politics by phelonrays: 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2019
Wait let me ask Pastor/ Professor / Vice President / Barrister Osinbanjo I think he has a good stand on this....................... I'll get back to you when I reach Aso Rockgringrin
Re: Should Christians Participate In Politics by TheRevivalist(m): 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2019
Yes. But we are Christocrats n not democrats
Re: Should Christians Participate In Politics by chikachuks1(m): 3:46pm On Mar 08, 2019
TheRevivalist:
Yes. But we are Christocrats n not democrats
Please can you also use the link so that the poster will see your response
Re: Should Christians Participate In Politics by zionmde: 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2019
No Christians should not engage in politics They should not contest They should not vote Let wicked men keep ruling Till all Christians are killed and all churches closed
Human beings and stuupid questions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Participate In Politics by TV01(m): 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2019
...if one can participate without being political. Perhaps. If one can remain Christian and non-partisan, maybe. But l don't personally think it is possible.

Cheers
TV

Matthew 4:8 - Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”
Re: Should Christians Participate In Politics by hakeem4(m): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2019
Why not. Are they not citizens of the country. Everyone has right to participate in politics
Re: Should Christians Participate In Politics by budaatum: 6:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
I know salt is getting very bad press, but would you enjoy living in a place that lacks the salt of the earth?

“The rigid low-sodium diet is insipid, unappetising, monotonous, unacceptable, and intolerable. To stay on it requires the asceticism of a religious zealot.”
Re: Should Christians Participate In Politics by Ihedinobi3: 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2019
chikachuks1:
I came across this question on a forum and decided to help share it here for more contributions

"I want to ask this question because I discovered that people have different perspectives on the issue of Christiana participating in politics. Many people think and belive that politics is not good for good and heaven minded Christians. So I decided to bring up the issue here, since this is a Christian forum. Fellow Christians please clarify me on this issue so that I will know what to say next time. THANKS ALL".

To provide answer or take part I the discussion, CLICK HERE
Hi there.

I'm a believer in Jesus Christ committed to following the Bible wherever it leads.

[19]We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
1 John 5:19 NASB

[30]I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me
John 14:30 NASB

[5]And he led Him up and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
[6]And the devil said to Him, "I will give You all this domain and its glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.
[7]Therefore if You worship before me, it shall all be Yours."
[8]Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God and serve Him only.'"
Luke 4:5-8 NASB

[44]In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever.
Daniel 2:44 NASB

[29]But this I say, brethren, the time has been shortened, so that from now on those who have wives should be as though they had none;
[30]and those who weep, as though they did not weep; and those who rejoice, as though they did not rejoice; and those who buy, as though they did not possess;
[31]and those who use the world, as though they did not make full use of it; for the form of this world is passing away.
[32]But I want you to be free from concern. One who is unmarried is concerned about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord...
1 Corinthians 7:29-32 NASB

These are a sampling of passages that teach one thing: believers have a kingdom that is not of this world to look forward to. This world belongs to Satan. God does exercise sovereignty over it since He created it but Satan is currently usurping it. Because of that usurpation, God cursed it and bound it over to decay (Genesis 3:17-19; Romans 8:20-21). Therefore, it is only an effort to oppose God to try to fix this world before God Himself lifts the curse. That is the effort of all the politicking in the world: to oppose God in some way. It is not always apparent that that is what is happening but it is what is happening.

For this reason, the Christian is better advised to avoid politics. The affairs of this life are best left to the spiritually dead. They are the most exercised about it, after all, and they have no hope beyond this life. But we who believe look forward to a Kingdom that will never fail. Beginning from the Return of our King at His Second Advent, we will rule the world until time ends and this creation passes away. Then, in eternity, we will rule over all creation with the Lord God.

The idea that because believers are the salt of the earth and the light of the world we ought to participate in politics is, like all the attempts to enemy makes at corrupting the Word of God, a lie. We are salt and light only in so far as we are upholding the Truth of God through spiritual growth and progress and ministry. That means that as long as we are learning the Truth of the Bible and applying it to our lives and as long as we are helping others to do this as well (if they want it), we are being salt and we are being light. Not participation in politics in the devil's world.

This world's many ills (including even its physical conditions, particularly its physical conditions) will only be fixed by the Lord Jesus Christ at His Return (Romans 8:21; Ezekiel 47:1-12). The efforts of the unbelieving and of the misguided believers today involved in politics are doomed to failure. Even worse, they are only paying the way for the emergence of the worst despot the world has ever seen in the Antichrist.

So, it is wise for the believer to avoid politics and concentrate on spiritual growth for their own spiritual safety.

(1) (Reply)

Devil The Satan, Who Really Is He? This Very Interesting Drama Is A Must-read / I Don't Know Why People Consider Jesus' Deity Outrageous / OPINION: Chibok Meets Prophet TB Joshua (the Nation)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.