Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Absence Of Evidence - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Absence Of Evidence (2140 Views)

The Bible Is Fiction: A Collection Of Evidence / Atheist/theists:what Kind Of Evidence Would Convince You That God Exists Or Not? / Money Ritual In Nigeria: Do You Have Any Evidence It Works? (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Absence Of Evidence by UyiIredia(m): 1:51am On Mar 09, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

This is so true. I have noticed this aswell.

Noone will be able to provide any concrete evidence for God's existene because none exists. God is simply a mental idol. A powerful one too, it seems, more powerful than a physical idol. Cuz the worshipers can carry it around everywhere they go and the lack of a physical form gives it this 'spiritual' aura but it is an idol none the less one that exists purely in the mind of believers

The problem I find with atheists is an inability to differentiate between spiritual/mental things as immaterial and the physical world and that leads to their main misunderstanding of the idea of God.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence by tintingz(m): 3:56am On Mar 09, 2019
Holumhidey:

the same thing.
you're saying there can't be a God.
i am saying; is it a statement or a question cos if it's a statement, then i'm asking u what the world originated from......
but,
if it's a question then you must be really dumb.
footnote
The Jedi created the planet Earth and Krypton but Brainiac destroyed Krypton tho, I think he's coming for Earth.
Re: Absence Of Evidence by MuttleyLaff: 4:33am On Mar 09, 2019
UyiIredia:
Since you are tackling the Christian understanding of God I strongly disagree with I cannot complain. But then God isn't material same for the mind which is one evidence for God existing.

Akin1212:
How can a non material being which by the way has no proof of existence bring forth material things? Do you have any hypothetical and plausible mechanism? Even if you don't, at least show a proof for the existence of this being.

You cannot make a comparison wth the mind. Firstly, the mind is not a spiritual concept. Secondly, the mind is not a being. Thirdly, the mind does not have an army of angels, a kingdom and a rival. You have simple introduced a straw man and it is not welcomed. There is no correlation between the mind and God that warrants comparison of any sort.

The mind is an abstract term for the connection of thoughts.
"...Pay attention to what you're listening to!
[Knowledge] will be measured out to you by the measure [of attention] you give.
This is the way knowledge increases
"
- Mark 4:24

What is man?
Man is a spirit being, residing or housed in a Body and possessing a Soul
Man is made up of Body, Soul (i.e. uses the heart as an outlet) and Spirit.
The Soul has the body and spirit on each opposite sides of it

Mind you, the Soul is the most important existence of Man and that is why the battle is and always has been about and/or over the Soul. All attack is ultimately targeted at the Soul

The Body has 5 faculties of senses, which are, to see via the eyes, hear via the ears, feel via applicable part of the body, smell via the nose and taste via the mouth
The Soul has faculties that comprises of the Mind (i.e. conscious and sub conscious) or Intellect, Will or Freewill, and Emotions
The Spirit has faculties that comprises of Fellowship, Conscience, Discernment or Intuition

Now, the Soul is the first medium key component of Man created by God
and Man is tickled, accessed and brought to existence and life through this Soul by way of the body and spirit, where the Soul, in effective, is the mediator between the body and spirit. Further information than this will amount to information overload

Akin1212:
Are you saying God cannot be proved to exist?
God cannot be proven to exist based on your laid down self conceited terms

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence by GoodMuyis(m): 7:14am On Mar 09, 2019
[s]
Akin1212:

Lwkmd, what exactly do you mean by the creation of heaven and the earth? Wo told you it was created? How did you get to that conclusion?

But to give you a second chance, are you saying the earth is a proof for superman's existence? What is heaven, any proof of that?

Can't you see that you are just raising dust instead of providing evidence? You are just filling gaps bro, you're not providing evidence.

As far as I am concerned, I created the heavens and the earth, and that should be enough evidence that I did. Don't tell me you don't believe it.
[/s]

Trash until you answer my question.
-peace
Re: Absence Of Evidence by hopefulLandlord: 7:41am On Mar 09, 2019
GoodMuyis:
[s][/s]
Trash until you answer my question. -peace
Which question is that bro? too busy to look for it
Re: Absence Of Evidence by grad2012(f): 8:04am On Mar 09, 2019
UyiIredia:

The problem I find with atheists is an inability to differentiate between spiritual/mental things as immaterial and the physical world and that leads to their main misunderstanding of the idea of God.
Uyilredia how have you been? Happy to see you OK. smiley
Re: Absence Of Evidence by UyiIredia(m): 9:58am On Mar 09, 2019
grad2012:
Uyilredia how have you been? Happy to see you OK. smiley

Hmmn! I hope one of these days before I leave Lagos I will see you again.
Re: Absence Of Evidence by grad2012(f): 10:02am On Mar 09, 2019
UyiIredia:

Hmmn! I hope one of these days before I leave Lagos I will see you again.
Uyi why are you leaving are you like done? what happened? Uyi
Re: Absence Of Evidence by UyiIredia(m): 10:06am On Mar 09, 2019
grad2012:
Uyi why are you leaving are you like done? what happened? Uyi

Will talk later not here but my no is .... if you want to call.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence by tintingz(m): 10:24am On Mar 09, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:
What kind of evidence do you need? Do you want to see the pictures of GOD too?
Yes please if possible.
Re: Absence Of Evidence by tintingz(m): 10:26am On Mar 09, 2019
UyiIredia:
Since you are tackling the Christian understanding of God I strongly disagree with I cannot complain. But then God isn't material same for the mind which is one evidence for God existing.
My goodness. grin
Re: Absence Of Evidence by UyiIredia(m): 10:30am On Mar 09, 2019
tintingz:
My goodness. grin

What's the problem?
Re: Absence Of Evidence by TV01(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
Akin1212:
And to think you just called someone a fool, while the glass of irony shatters on your empty skull grin
No I did not. I merely quoted what the Bible - which you continually disparage - says about you.

Akin1212:
Again let me remind you that holding an idea is different from writing down an idea. I won't have to keep repeating it to a supposed wise one like you, would I? Lol.
This is both tired and lame. Your OP was clear - if somewhat clumsily written

Akin1212:
Whether my people or family have written anything is out of the argument, it's not even what we are talking about. Stay on point and stop threading the path of mentioning my family or my people. I know you might be tempted judging by your level of IQ to hug ad hominem and straw man, but stay focused. We are interested in those who started the concept of God , they were cavemen.
It is absolutely the point. The scriptures where written thousands of years ago by a sophisticated and highly intelligent people, who were also deeply spiritual and walked with God. You erected a strawman claiming such adherents were illiterate cavemen. I hope you are suitably humbled - which is the whole point grin - by the fact that you are yourself at the end of a long line of still semi-literate cavemen.

Akin1212:
What is the evidence that God has presented? List them please
This I did in my OP. Which was clear to any whose eyes are not blinded by pride, prejudice and a vaulting opinion of his own knowledge & prowess

Akin1212:
You have not pointed any evidence. Enumerate or list them and also show how they are evidence for God?
As above.

Akin1212:
What little do we know that is just enough?
As above

Akin1212:
It means it's all human concepts.
As I noted, this is besides the point. Humans are able to conceptualise or interprete concepts and, are able to discover concepts independent of them having previously existed or not.

Akin1212:

Lol, your ignorance is fun to behold. cheesy
You're just as old to still hung up to childhood stories. That's a real shame. cheesy
The choice his yours. I pray mercy speeds it on and leads you aright.
Yours is a crying shame.

Have a reflective weekend grin
TV

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Re: Absence Of Evidence by Dhumancanvas: 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2019
UyiIredia:

Hmmm. I know the difference.
I don't think there is a difference between spiritual and mental tho. In other words your so called spiritual world is really all in your mind.
Re: Absence Of Evidence by UyiIredia(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
Dhumancanvas:

Hmmm. I know the difference.
I don't think there is a difference between spiritual and mental tho. In other words your so called spiritual world is really all in your mind.

Well then let's leave spiritual and focus on the mental. It's still the same ish.
Re: Absence Of Evidence by grad2012(f): 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2019
UyiIredia:

Uyi.
Re: Absence Of Evidence by grad2012(f): 9:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
UyiIredia:

Uyi you der send it to my mail.
Re: Absence Of Evidence by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2019
IAmSabrina:
That could actually be helpGful smiley
God can only exist as a lunatic, period.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence by theoriginalgood: 6:30am On Mar 11, 2019
Is it secretly a joke when someone asks whether there’s God? For a random example, which human eyes even know what planet pluto looks like? Is humanity the force behind creation? You know that the wages of sin is death and ALL humans die someday. Evidence that humans are evil sinners. Only God is good, that’s why there’s all this confusion.

https://www.nairaland.com/5057182/reasonable-evidence-gods-existence
Re: Absence Of Evidence by Akin1212(m): 1:35am On Mar 18, 2019
TV01:
No I did not. I merely quoted what the Bible - which you continually disparage - says about you.

This is both tired and lame. Your OP was clear - if somewhat clumsily written

It is absolutely the point. The scriptures where written thousands of years ago by a sophisticated and highly intelligent people, who were also deeply spiritual and walked with God. You erected a strawman claiming such adherents were illiterate cavemen. I hope you are suitably humbled - which is the whole point grin - by the fact that you are yourself at the end of a long line of still semi-literate cavemen.

This I did in my OP. Which was clear to any whose eyes are not blinded by pride, prejudice and a vaulting opinion of his own knowledge & prowess

As above.

As above

As I noted, this is besides the point. Humans are able to conceptualise or interprete concepts and, are able to discover concepts independent of them having previously existed or not.

Yours is a crying shame.

Have a reflective weekend grin
TV

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Lol, go and sleep sheeple, since you don't have any objective evidence for that which you claim.
Re: Absence Of Evidence by Akin1212(m): 1:37am On Mar 18, 2019
theoriginalgood:
Is it secretly a joke when someone asks whether there’s God? For a random example, which human eyes even know what planet pluto looks like? Is humanity the force behind creation? You know that the wages of sin is death and ALL humans die someday. Evidence that humans are evil sinners. Only God is good, that’s why there’s all this confusion.

https://www.nairaland.com/5057182/reasonable-evidence-gods-existence

Principle of presupposition, what is creation? Calling everything creation is the beginning of your baloneys. What makes everything that exist creations?
Re: Absence Of Evidence by Akin1212(m): 2:07am On Mar 18, 2019
GoodMuyis:

What proof are you still waiting for? How many time will one have to re-iterate that the creation of the heaven and the Earth is L1 proof that God exists. Other Level of proof have been debated upon so it will be unwise to start afresh.

You shift the goal post from DOES NOT cum CANNOT. Well made you think or assume so is the question

Sometimes, argument is not meant to be won but to pass your information, but is seems like a mockery if your aim of creating discussion is not tangible

Edit: I see that you Accord yourself a glory of deep thinking, FYI there are millions of folks who think and reason more than you do and are theist. Isaac Newton is more a Theologian than a Scientist. And I can tell you that deep thinking ma me realize how easy it was for God to say $earth = new planet(); and the Earth was created, am sure you understand that.

Lol, why do you all follow the same path? Perhaps, because you are all sheeple?

What is the creation of heaven and earth? Do you even have an objective evidence that heaven exists or that earth was created? How can creation which you cannot even show evidence that it happened be the evidence of your imaginary friend?

Before we can agree that there was creation, you have to show the evidence of the creator. Else, it's not creation.

I want to believe that you think deeply too. If true, then answer this. Which comes first, the creator or the creation? If you use your head well, your answer should be the creator. If the creator comes first, then we must know or see the creator before we can call the observed objects creation. In the absence of a creator, we cannot call observed objects creations. Do you get that?

If Isaac Newton was more of a theologian than a scientist, why bring him into this matter? I am more interested in science than theology.

1 Like

Re: Absence Of Evidence by RandomGuy48: 3:40am On Mar 18, 2019
Akin1212:
I'll make this short as possible as I can. It's still the same old story. Where is the evidence for the existence of any god or God?
Generally speaking, a better place to get an answer to that question would be from books or sites specifically dedicated to answering those questions rather than an Internet message board.

Still, if we're talking about evidence for a God of any kind, there's always the classics, like the Kalam Cosmological Argument or Aquinas's Five Ways. More recently there have been arguments concerning irreducible complexity, i.e. that things couldn't have evolved naturally because they're too complex to have done so, but I feel those arguments have a number of flaws. At any rate, I find these sorts of "general" arguments for the existence of a God (or gods) are not particularly useful because they give no characteristics of God.

So proofs for a particular religion are more useful. After all, if the religion is true, then its beliefs concerning God would be true as well, both proving a God (or gods, if the religion in question is polytheistic) and giving characteristics.

In regards to Christianity, there are various things one could offer. The obvious one is to point to Jesus's miracles, particularly the Resurrection. The objection, of course, would be to ask why someone should trust the Bible, particularly the Gospels, on those matters, which is a thoroughly fair question. Unfortunately, it's also an extremely complicated subject (Mike Licona's "The Resurrection of Jesus: A New Historiographical Approach" clocks in at over 700 pages and still pares a lot of things down). But some more basic arguments on the subject can be found on these pages:
http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics-more/resurrection-evidence.htm
http://www.tektonics.org/ntdocdef/gospdefhub.php (http://www.tektonics.org/nthub.html has more detail)
Re: Absence Of Evidence by GoodMuyis(m): 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
[s]
Akin1212:

Lol, why do you all follow the same path? Perhaps, because you are all sheeple?
What is the creation of heaven and earth? Do you even have an objective evidence that heaven exists or that earth was created? How can creation which you cannot even show evidence that it happened be the evidence of your imaginary friend?
Before we can agree that there was creation, you have to show the evidence of the creator. Else, it's not creation.
I want to believe that you think deeply too. If true, then answer this. Which comes first, the creator or the creation? If you use your head well, your answer should be the creator. If the creator comes first, then we must know or see the creator before we can call the observed objects creation. In the absence of a creator, we cannot call observed objects creations. Do you get that?
If Isaac Newton was more of a theologian than a scientist, why bring him into this matter? I am more interested in science than theology.
[/s]

#trash #shitpost
Whoever thought you how to discuss this way did a bad Job
Re: Absence Of Evidence by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Mar 13, 2023
Akin1212:
■ If a God exists, and it created this material world, and it touches people by anointing them, it speaks to people, it cannot be absent, it cannot even be a spirit. I have soon gone from there is no God to there cannot be a God. It is impossible for there to be a God, and when God goes out the window, so does its whole army of angels, Jinns and its rival, Satan.
■ If you have evidence or proof for the existence of any God whatsoever, please come forward. Thanks
1. Why again can't God be a spirit? undecided

2. Why ask humans for evidence of God though? For instance, I am a follower of Jesus Christ, and asking me for evidence of Jesus Christ amounts to asking me to force Jesus to go against His Word in order to appease you. Why would I have any desire to do that particular since Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear in His Gospel, from almost 2000 years ago, that no signs will be given to any person who asks for it? undecided
38 Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law answered Jesus. They said, “Teacher, we want to see you do a miracle as a sign from God.”
39 Jesus answered, “Evil and sinful people are the ones who want to see a miracle as a sign. But no miracle will be done to prove anything to them. The only sign will be the miracle that happened to the prophet Jonah.
40 Jonah was in the stomach of the big fish for three days and three nights. In the same way, the Son of Man will be in the grave three days and three nights. - Matthew 12 vs 38 - 40
3 And in the morning, if the sky is dark and red, you say that it will be a rainy day. These are signs of the weather. You see these signs in the sky and know what they mean. In the same way, you see the things that are happening now. These are also signs, but you don’t know their meaning.
4 It is the evil and sinful people who want to see a miracle as a sign from God. But no miracle will be done to prove anything to them. The only sign will be the miracle that happened to Jonah.” Then Jesus went away from there. - Matthew 16 vs 3 - 4
11 The Pharisees came to Jesus and asked him questions. They wanted to test him. So they asked him to do a miracle as a sign from God.
12 Jesus sighed deeply and said, “Why do you people ask to see a miracle as a sign? I want you to know that no miracle will be done to prove anything to you.”
13 Then Jesus left them and went in the boat to the other side of the lake. - Mark 8 vs 11 - 13
29 The crowd grew larger and larger. Jesus said, “The people who live today are evil. They ask for a miracle as a sign from God. But no miracle will be done to prove anything to them. The only sign will be the miracle that happened to Jonah.
30 Jonah was a sign for those who lived in Nineveh. It is the same with the Son of Man. He will be a sign for the people of this time. - Luke 11 vs 29 - 30
If you have ever in fact read the book for yourself, you would know this but I guess it is merely ok to create these threads that are pretty much timewasters than spend time actually reading through to get a good grasp of what is in fact written of GOd, right? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fig Tree Parable, COVID 19 And The Imminent Return Of Jesus / Akwa Ibom State - Child Witches Story Revisited / Did Jesus Destroy The Law Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.