Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,753 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project (9911 Views)

World Bank, US EXIM Bank Commit $3bn To Nigeria Energy Transition Plan / FG To Construct Coastal Rail That Will Terminate In Onitsha / American Based Company Set To Invest Over $10 Billion In Coastal Rail Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by Caseless: 8:59am On Mar 09, 2019
cool

In sha Allahu , before Buhari leaves office, he'd have laid the needed for our national upliftment and greatness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by luluosas(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2019
Hmmm, bullet trains in Nigeria? It seems I am in the dream world

1 Like

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by luluosas(m): 9:29am On Mar 09, 2019
The Taizhou bridge, China

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by luluosas(m): 9:34am On Mar 09, 2019
Hefei-Fuzhou PDL in China

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by luluosas(m): 9:38am On Mar 09, 2019
Crossrail London

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by luluosas(m): 9:42am On Mar 09, 2019
One World Trade Center New York

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by luluosas(m): 9:43am On Mar 09, 2019
Let this project get signed already, so that we can join the rest of the world in terms of technological advancement in the rail industry
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by OlujobaSamuel: 9:57am On Mar 09, 2019
SEGLIZ:

my bro it is better they offer us than we go for them cos the terms and conditions would be light.
the handling shouldn't be about transfer of knowledge alone but the money no go land our people hand wey be na storm they always blow money for projects go back oversea, soakaway, private vault, ikoyi towers.
Lol, you are right, na their way
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by Lymasaba(m): 10:41am On Mar 09, 2019
seunfly:

That is the beauty of multipolar world, the beauty of competition and alternative. Capitalism does not operate that way, capitalist is about exploitation of the people around to your own benefit and keep them in the position of exploitation for ever. Emergence of China distort the party for the west, during cold War Era soviet union tried to do what China is doing now, but too much wars and instability reduced the prospect, however China is preparing Africa for future China ie industrial Centre or factory of the world while China is trying to move to upper class of production which is more profitable, more of mental work than industrial stuff.

They have not lost out at all, the race has just began, I only wish Africans can take advantage of this race now to their own benefit but trust African leaders, all they care about is their own pocket and insatiable corruption.
Then China has no limit whatsoever. they never involve themselves in world complicated issues like america
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by Lymasaba(m): 10:43am On Mar 09, 2019
luluosas:
Hmmm, bullet trains in Nigeria? It seems I am in the dream world
Greatness ahead man [quote] smiley

1 Like

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by seunfly: 10:46am On Mar 09, 2019
Yes that is why people are conformable dealing with them, they don't involve in politics, they don't give too much condition about who to trade with, monetary policies, who to vote for as leaders etc
West will have to learn from them.
Lymasaba:

Then China has no limit whatsoever. they never involve themselves in world complicated issues like america

1 Like

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by RealityShot: 11:02am On Mar 09, 2019
Chuksomenia:
This would definitely boost the economy if implemented. And it's high time we got speed trains in this country
Railway along the coast is a BAD thing.

we should be developing our INLAND WATERWAYS not railways in a delta area; ask holland & vienna.

railways should be going North.

we should build ship making yards and build Ferries and small ships to shutte lagos, delta, bayelsa, rivers , akwa ibom, to calabar instead.

the river Niger and Benue should also be monetized with ferries.

Its the CHEAPEST FORM of transportation in the world today, so why is USA ignoring that and trying to help us build nonsense?
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by AmazingELixir: 11:25am On Mar 09, 2019
lipsrsealed

Diswan na the one wey bubu go finally use plunge the country into perpetual indebtedness.
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by Hamilton1(m): 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
Ije004:
This coastal rail project was Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo administrations idea in the 70s. Oil boom money could have finished this back then.
Ewu Thunder fire u der

1 Like

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by Trunaijian: 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
designking:
These are empty offers. The America based investors always propose big offers but that is where it ends. No action or move to actualize their talks.

The Chinese remains the only true investors willing to help build our infrastructure.

Where is the GE mega power generation plant they propose few years back? US investors likes talks and memo too much.

Thank you. America is not to be trusted. They will never allow our economy to grow to a level where we may compete. All this is to ensure that that project never comes to be. I prefer the Chinese or Russians

1 Like

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by luluosas(m): 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
Amen
Lymasaba:

Greatness ahead man
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by Charly68: 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2019
If this alone is what Baba Iyabo did before asking for 3rd term he would have had our support..but all we were hearing between him and Atiku was purchase of Mercedes Benz,purchase of Lexus jeep for concubines and girl friends from PTDF funds & yet they want to govern us again..never !
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by abu99err(m): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hmmm, guys try to read this "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins.
We should be very careful when dealing with the the Americans. Most of the western Capitalist are without morals.
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by Slimpotter(m): 8:52am On Mar 10, 2019
Boyooosa:

Exactly.
In addition to this, they should make it 'tech transfer' unlike those Chinese guys that will be forming 'foreign language' when it comes to exposing the cores to the Nigerian technical crews.

Grow up bro everybody is in March 2019

I agree with you. But let's be hopeful that things are possibly getting better.
May be our attitude as a country (majorly through our leaders tho) have been blowing up the opportunities.
May be this might be the time for progressive nation, its all about our attitude to function well. I assure you that if good attitude is being guaranteed from the necessary qtrs, we ll get there.
Mind you, nobody, no decent society wants to invest in a porous system like ours except the smart cunning ones that know the crookered ways to go about it. China has distinction in that!
Take that from me.
Bro forget US, the Chinese loans are more transparent. I never trust anything US, why are they bringing the offer now. They're threatened by the growing Chinese influence. it's better to be in bed with the Chinese than Americans, they're more greedier
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by RTSC: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2019
SEGLIZ:
if pdp/atiku could lay their hands on this cash, I fear generations that will not read this history would keep paying the debt.
the more reason they vehemently want a return, this is what they do for a living. americans wanting to partner the lifeless one, want partner the shit hole. willingly they are making the offer.
Buhari is a failure, APC is scam...........indeed.
The same thing you Yoruba lunatics campaigned with the ghost Nigerian air, only for us to hear they used billions to do logo but no project.

I honestly hope I am wrong. The infrastructure could go a long way.

But I doubt buhari can do this. I hope I am wrong though.

In the meantime, wait till they start, before campaigning.
You people have not told us what happened to the billions allocated for Nigeria air.
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by SEGLIZ: 10:29am On Mar 10, 2019
RTSC:

The same thing you Yoruba lunatics campaigned with the ghost Nigerian air, only for us to hear they used billions to do logo but no project.

I honestly hope I am wrong. The infrastructure could go a long way.

But I doubt buhari can do this. I hope I am wrong though.

In the meantime, wait till they start, before campaigning.
You people have not told us what happened to the billions allocated for Nigeria air.

my brother I love your points and argument but you got it wrong being tribal and cursing. we all are not same, you realize I called out our leaders and the vehicle they use in wrecking the ship of this nation. I mentioned not tribe.
try to come around don't let us get frustrated and get at each others nerves while they smile overseas with the same reason we are stressed out. I'm not your problem you are not mine but they are our challenges.
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by SIRTee15: 10:43am On Mar 10, 2019
Slimpotter:

Bro forget US, the Chinese loans are more transparent. I never trust anything US, why are they bringing the offer now. They're threatened by the growing Chinese influence. it's better to be in bed with the Chinese than Americans, they're more greedier

If there will be tech transfer, I rather go with American loans....even if the interest is higher....
Chinese will never agree with u on technology transfer....
They want to forever keep building for u.....
They write their manuals in Chinese letters that our engineers can't read....
They refuse to engage our engineers in critical areas of infrastructure they build for us.....

Let's be careful, Chinese are not our friends either....
Africa should wake up n think for itself....
Neither China or america will want africa to develop to its level...
Enough of hoping on external saviour....

What we need now is to think for africa and build for africa.....

When taking loans for infrastructure development...
Let's insist on technology transfer, training of local staffs, using local resources for the project, engaging local staffs in technical and critical areas of the sector, using local population in all areas apart from areas of technical expertise and that should have a limit......

We should embrace whoever is willing to do the above...
The nonsense of the past should stop....
Africa should build it's own infrastructure....

1 Like

Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by Slimpotter(m): 10:16pm On Mar 10, 2019
SIRTee15:

If there will be tech transfer, I rather go with American loans....even if the interest is higher....
Chinese will never agree with u on technology transfer....
They want to forever keep building for u.....
They write their manuals in Chinese letters that our engineers can't read....
They refuse to engage our engineers in critical areas of infrastructure they build for us.....

Let's be careful, Chinese are not our friends either....
Africa should wake up n think for itself....
Neither China or america will want africa to develop to its level...
Enough of hoping on external saviour....

What we need now is to think for africa and build for africa.....

When taking loans for infrastructure development...
Let's insist on technology transfer, training of local staffs, using local resources for the project, engaging local staffs in technical and critical areas of the sector, using local population in all areas apart from areas of technical expertise and that should have a limit......

We should embrace whoever is willing to do the above...
The nonsense of the past should stop....
Africa should build it's own infrastructure....
While I'm entirely in support of Africa building our own technological capacity. My grouse with the US is their interference in a country's affairs. The Chinese might have plans for extending their reach into African resources, but US always have sinister motives whenever they offer you something.
Re: US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project by SIRTee15: 11:22pm On Mar 10, 2019
Slimpotter:

While I'm entirely in support of Africa building our own technological capacity. My grouse with the US is their interference in a country's affairs. The Chinese might have plans for extending their reach into African resources, but US always have sinister motives whenever they offer you something.

Every country wants something....
There are no free lunch anywhere even in Freetown.....
China wants our resources, west wants to install their puppets...
For now africa can't stand on its own....
We need capacity building and technical assistance.....
What we should find a way to exploit this foreigners coming into our land....
We've been failing in this regard...
First with western nations and now China....
Africa should seek foreign partners for sustainable developmental initiatives on the continent...
Let there be technology transfer and capacity building...
Let's insist on value chain production on any resources extracted from the continent....
We should enter agreement that focus on capacity building and human development....
This is the only way we can grow and develop....
We should stop looking for saviours- be it America or China....
Enough of that African myopic thinking that a saviour that has our best interest at heart is coming to rescue us....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose Congratulates Wike, Describes Victory As “sweet And Historic” / Governor Ibori, Wife, In $360M Oil Deal in London / Masked Men Kill Three Residents In Kaduna Fresh Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.