Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,103 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? (11892 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
greatnaija01:
YES, go search for a better job whenever he is not around before your rent expires.
Consider doing business too. like mini-importation you can start with less than 10k and make 50k monthly.

its well with you bro

I am interested in mini importation. Can you please guide me?
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by Elliot2(m): 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2019
prettysassygirl:

what else do u wanna read?
ur degrees in Harvard, Stanford,Cambridge, e.t.c.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by millionboi2: 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
prettysassygirl:

it's like u are one of the daft graduates parading the streets. if not why would my post be paining u
lol

Accept d bitter part of my quote na......tell ur mum to b paying graduates well.

Hahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by janejive(f): 1:08pm On Mar 09, 2019
Me I don't understand anything you wrote

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by prettysassygirl(f): 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2019
Rich4god:
Babe.. everything is not all about English. Been able to speak or write fluently does not fully depicts one's intelligence. Also, try to consider the OPs State of mind, he could be down emotionally there by affecting his writing.

That part of a graduate not been able to recite multiplication table, is that not a cramed thing.

Just give advice if you have any.
well well I don turn celebrity today,everyone is on my case. face the truth,many cannot defend their certificate. And its the country that is causing it,special centers are still freely allowed to operate and wreck havoc on students by giving them answers in exam halls. when u know u would be guided in exams,would u read?
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2019
EYIBLESSN:
Dear Friends,
Good Evening,

Please I need your candid advice on this very important matter. Please don't mind my Turenchi because I am a learner.

I am lost and don't know of what to do..

I was posted to serve in one of the North Central States. It was one of the lost difficult period for me since inception. One of the few things I enjoyed was the fact that I met new and important people...

Whenever I meet new people I would tell them I needs job. Immediately after my POP last October 17BS1, I left angrily due to the reality of things at that time and vowed not to be back in that state.

I have no parents and things were though with no one to help. Whosoever I seek help from would promise without fulfilment.

On the 8th of November last year, I had a message from someone I had informed of job opportunities whenever the opportunity beckons. During this period. I got a job too in a microfinance bank in Lagos as loan agent but I was afraid to take up such job.

The key reasons why I travelled back to the said state was, the person who called ME until his retirement this month was a state coordinator of one Federal Government agency.

Meanwhile, there was a time during the service year where he said that most corps member are not serious. That in 2016 two "Kopas" came to him for job and they left without coming back when he told them he got jobs for them with the same agency.

So, I came but it turned out to be a processing plants where local rice is been processed. I left Lagos on 12 November before I could see the person I was introduced to was about month..

I was bad and disappointed during this period. but when I eventually met him. He said I would be in charge of QC, Hygiene and Safety. Myself and the manager are the only skilled worker of about 20 staff strength..

Though, I've never had any working experience apart from subject and classroom teacher I did before Uni and before NYSC. I met the man who recommended ME and I told him to put ME through how to negotiate.

He said I should not mentioned big money as long as I don't have the experience on how to negotiate. I met the CEO, He told me that they are just putting things in place to expand the business.

He said, he would pay 25K. I told him with my exposure, experiences and what I will be bringing into the company. I told him it would not work out. He later agreed to pay 30+ with accommodation and things to make me a bit comfortable.

When I told the man that recommended ME he was bad and said it is ridiculous.. He put some words on my head.

I accepted the offer, he paid my first salary. I was bit happy that at least is better than begging and gallivanting without anything to eat. I believe starting small should not be jeopardized.

When I came I was staying with a friend I met in camp, we were in the same platoon we served in the same local government close to the state capital and we were together in the same group. I was spending three hundred naira daily to work and fro.

That was when my problems began. hence, my friend and will be coming to Ibadan on the 16th of December last year. When he left I moved to a cousin's place in Kopas lodge where I spend two hundred naira daily. This time I am as becoming pained.

I called the man and explained to fulfill his promises or else I make my journey home. He said I should start looking for where to stay. The least I got was 80K which he agreed to pay. but I told him I won't take it from him..

I explained to him that I am not comfortable with my salary that in a no distant time that I will demand salary increase. He asked my age I told him 26. He said I too like money and that I am still young.

But he is in money. I must let you know. He gave ME the money 8OK. but I went for 60K apartment. before I could say anything he has left for UK without informing ME.

This period my first pay is gone after I paid my tithes. I assisted my friend with cooking finances before he left. I kept the 20K as my first saving. I never knew he travelled until 23rd December then I was already confused.

Before the end of December the 20K was already gone. his lines were not going through. Until 5th Jan when I messaged him on WhatsApp and he replied and pay me my December pay on the 7th.

I reminded him that I have not gotten bed and cooking utensils. He said he will do that when he return from UK. He said next week. This period I was already happy that I would move into new apartment and started enjoying small small..

I went to the market bought carpet and hanger also paid my tithe. Two weeks turned a month before I could see him again. He sent money for the bed alone and my salary....

To cut the story short, though he is into businesses he is also a big man in the politics of his state. very busy but lively and liberal. H e engages me anytime he comes around. This makes me admires him the more. Though we've not been doing anything serious since January in the factory..

Something happened yesterday which I considered insulting.

For the first time, He sent my salary through his manager. Which I don't like apart from that he deducted 15K from my salary. Not only ME but to other factory workers. Those earning 10k collected 5K. One of them told me that that is what they will pay for this month.

I was bad and called him why such happened. but failed to give ME a reason. I went to his WhatsApp showed my anger and he said nothing..

Help ME out. Should I quite the job? because it is ridiculous to me...

As a Qc trainee, what have you learnt so far? experience is key, learn fast, start applying for jobs if u have built confidence enough to defend yourself in crucial interview sections, u mentioned that u gat nobody to help u, it's life for u, never mind, u will soon become a helper to many, d journey to success is not easy, since u have experience in food processing industry, shift your application attention to that area.
Remember to inform the man that brought you into that job before you leave, good relationship is very key in life

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by millionboi2: 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2019
janejive:
Me I don't understand anything you wrote
fine gal

How far

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by millionboi2: 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2019
prettysassygirl:

well well I don turn celebrity today,everyone is on my case. face the truth,many cannot defend their certificate. And its the country that is causing it,special centers are still freely allowed to operate and wreck havoc on students by giving them answers in exam halls. when u know u would be guided in exams,would u read?
mumu

They are trying to teach u simple phsycology,but u will Neva learn.

Stay dia dey vibrate out of ignorance.

Ok!...I typed broken English!oya come and beat me.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by MrMcJay(m): 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
[s]
prettysassygirl:
op are u sure u are a graduate?? your use of words doesn't depict u as a graduate. its a pity the kind of Nigeria we are in,our educational standards are too poor, i can remember one graduate my mother employed in her school that doesn't even know how to recite multiplication table 2.
[/s]

prettysassygirl:

You are condemning the OP's grammar whereas you type like an illiterate almajiri.

Let me try to help you a little.

Certificates, not certificate.
Wreak, not wreck.
'And' is a conjunction, don't use it to begin sentences.

Start sentences with capital letters and learn to punctuate properly.

I suggest you go enrol in an adult educational centre and stop disgracing yourself online.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by EYIBLESSN(m): 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
prettysassygirl:
op are u sure u are a graduate?? your use of words doesn't depict u as a graduate. its a pity the kind of Nigeria we are in,our educational standards are too poor, i can remember one graduate my mother employed in her school that doesn't even know how to recite multiplication table 2.

you go run when it comes to putting pen to paper.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by prettysassygirl(f): 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Yours isn't wonderful either smiley.
antibrutus please remind me of who u are again and how your opinion is of relevance to me? ?
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by Horiolah(m): 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2019
Hexilon:

Start every sentence in capital letter. The pronoun "I' is uppercased always..

Checkmate.
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by EYIBLESSN(m): 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2019
olumzzz:
I believe the op is just an attention seeker.
You agreed to collect 30k. He pays it.
He said he will pay for your accommodation. He paid.
He traveled out. How is that your business?
With your no experience and use of english, you are very lucky.
I would advise you gather more experience and improve your turenchi. Then look for a better job. Shikena.

You go pick race if I talk say make we write articles. Na hide I hide my pen.
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by prettysassygirl(f): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2019
millionboi2:
mumu

They are trying to teach u simple phsycology,but u will Neva learn.

Stay dia dey vibrate out of ignorance.

Ok!...I typed broken English!oya come and beat me.
this yabaleft guy,stay off my case and stop stalking me by following me from one thread to the other, I know u are infatuated and want me to notice u, am just so sorry I can't, wish I could sha
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by Onlinefarmstore: 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2019
EYIBLESSN:
Dear Friends,
Good Evening,

Please I need your candid advice on this very important matter. Please don't mind my Turenchi because I am a learner.

I was posted to serve in one of the North Central States. It was one of the lost difficult period for me since inception. One of the few things I enjoyed was the fact that I met new and important people...

Whenever I meet new people I would tell them I needs job. Immediately after my POP last October 17BS1, I left angrily due to the reality of things at that time and vowed not to be back in that state.

I have no parents and things were though with no one to help. Whosoever I seek help from would promise without fulfilment.

On the 8th of November last year, I had a message from someone I had informed of job opportunities whenever the opportunity beckons. During this period. I got a job too in a microfinance bank in Lagos as loan agent but I was afraid to take up such job.

The key reasons why I travelled back to the said state was, the person who called ME until his retirement this month was a state coordinator of one Federal Government agency.

Meanwhile, there was a time during the service year where he said that most corps member are not serious. That in 2016 two "Kopas" came to him for job and they left without coming back when he told them he got jobs for them with the same agency.

So, I came but it turned out to be a processing plants where local rice is been processed. I left Lagos on 12 November before I could see the person I was introduced to was about month..

I was bad and disappointed during this period. but when I eventually met him. He said I would be in charge of QC, Hygiene and Safety. Myself and the manager are the only skilled worker of about 20 staff strength..

Though, I've never had any working experience apart from subject and classroom teacher I did before Uni and before NYSC. I met the man who recommended ME and I told him to put ME through how to negotiate.

He said I should not mentioned big money as long as I don't have the experience on how to negotiate. I met the CEO, He told me that they are just putting things in place to expand the business.

He said, he would pay 25K. I told him with my exposure, experiences and what I will be bringing into the company. I told him it would not work out. He later agreed to pay 30+ with accommodation and things to make me a bit comfortable.

When I told the man that recommended ME he was bad and said it is ridiculous.. He put some words on my head.

I accepted the offer, he paid my first salary. I was bit happy that at least is better than begging and gallivanting without anything to eat. I believe starting small should not be jeopardized.

When I came I was staying with a friend I met in camp, we were in the same platoon we served in the same local government close to the state capital and we were together in the same group. I was spending three hundred naira daily to work and fro.

That was when my problems began. hence, my friend and will be coming to Ibadan on the 16th of December last year. When he left I moved to a cousin's place in Kopas lodge where I spend two hundred naira daily. This time I am as becoming pained.

I called the man and explained to fulfill his promises or else I make my journey home. He said I should start looking for where to stay. The least I got was 80K which he agreed to pay. but I told him I won't take it from him..

I explained to him that I am not comfortable with my salary that in a no distant time that I will demand salary increase. He asked my age I told him 26. He said I too like money and that I am still young.

But he is in money. I must let you know. He gave ME the money 8OK. but I went for 60K apartment. before I could say anything he has left for UK without informing ME.

This period my first pay is gone after I paid my tithes. I assisted my friend with cooking finances before he left. I kept the 20K as my first saving. I never knew he travelled until 23rd December then I was already confused.

Before the end of December the 20K was already gone. his lines were not going through. Until 5th Jan when I messaged him on WhatsApp and he replied and pay me my December pay on the 7th.

I reminded him that I have not gotten bed and cooking utensils. He said he will do that when he return from UK. He said next week. This period I was already happy that I would move into new apartment and started enjoying small small..

I went to the market bought carpet and hanger also paid my tithe. Two weeks turned a month before I could see him again. He sent money for the bed alone and my salary....

To cut the story short, though he is into businesses he is also a big man in the politics of his state. very busy but lively and liberal. H e engages me anytime he comes around. This makes me admires him the more. Though we've not been doing anything serious since January in the factory..

For the first time, He sent my salary through his manager. Which I don't like apart from that he deducted 15K from my salary. Not onl

Sorry to say what tribe are you? Trust Igbo's you are in place that has potentials yet you turn a blind eye! You serve there self. Are you this dumb? Pardon me. See you see Lagos and north where you can buy food stuff and go and sell yet you are looking for job. I dropped out of Unilag to start my company with only 13k after selling my laptop. Guy shine your eye. You can start managing the company and start exporting rice. Sorry bro your friend around you are to be blamed. Wise up!!!! Mtwwww
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by greatnaija01: 1:20pm On Mar 09, 2019
YES O.

there are things I have imported that sell for 400% here in Nigeria.

well, my personal experience tho.

iTearHerToto:
Haba bros, start with less than 10k and make 50k monthly Nawao
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by prettysassygirl(f): 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2019
MrMcJay:
[s][/s]

You are condemning the OP's grammar whereas you type like an illiterate almajiri.

Wreak, not wreck.

I suggest you go enrol in an adult educational centre and stop disgracing yourself online.
as I no get money, do the charitable thing and enrol me, so I can read that nonsense u typed. idiot. should I send act no? mofo
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by EYIBLESSN(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2019
angelusbrut:

As a Qc trainee, what have you learnt so far? experience is key, learn fast, start applying for jobs if u have built confidence enough to defend yourself in crucial interview sections, u mentioned that u gat nobody to help u, it's life for u, never mind, u will soon become a helper to many, d journey to success is not easy, since u have experience in food processing industry, shift your application attention to that area.
Remember to inform the man that brought you into that job before you leave, good relationship is very key in life

I have done that.
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by millionboi2: 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2019
N
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
prettysassygirl:

antibrutus please remind me of who u are again and how your opinion is of relevance to me? ?

What made you think your opinion is of relevance to him? smiley

8 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by millionboi2: 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
MrMcJay:
[s][/s]

Wreak, not wreck.

hahahaha

Faint

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by misano(m): 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2019
prettysassygirl:

So he should hire an editor and proofreader just because he wants to make a long post on NL? LoL. It's not that bad... Read through your own comment - there are errors as well. After a full stop, your next sentence starts with capital letter.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by prettysassygirl(f): 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2019
AntiBrutus:

What made you think your opinion is of relevance to him? smiley
my dear use another line, don't be a nitwit
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by pawesome(m): 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2019
EYIBLESSN:
Dear Friends,
Good Evening,

For the first time, He sent my salary through his manager. Which I don't like apart from that he deducted 15K from my salary. Not only ME but to other factory workers. Those earning 10k collected 5K. One of them told me that that is what they will pay for this month.

I was bad and called him why such happened. but failed to give ME a reason. I went to his WhatsApp showed my anger and he said nothing..

Help ME out. Should I quite the job? because it is ridiculous to me...

see as you busy demanding like a girl.. I taught it was a girl self.. Bros, he has the connect and the influence... You need to tap into that and stop the complaining.. You are a guy, act like one.. Be sharp and use the opportunity not talking about the salary but look at it in a much larger scale..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by prettysassygirl(f): 1:32pm On Mar 09, 2019
misano:

So he should hire an editor and proofreader just because he wants to make a long post on NL? LoL. It's not that bad...
this is an informal forum,its not expected that one should come here and begin to blow grammar, I just stated an observation ,I didn't condemn the op,yet some Nigerian judges landed to crucify me.
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by pawesome(m): 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2019
Onlinefarmstore:

Sorry to say what tribe are you? Trust Igbo's you are in place that has potentials yet you turn a blind eye! You serve there self. Are you this dumb? Pardon me. See you see Lagos and north where you can buy food stuff and go and sell yet you are looking for job. I dropped out of Unilag to start my company with only 13k after selling my laptop. Guy shine your eye. You can start managing the company and start exporting rice. Sorry bro your friend around you are to be blamed. Wise up!!!! Mtwwww
leave him.. He is looking for office to sit down and be collecting 30k.. If he knows his ways, he will use that man to make himself but that's what lack of sight causes, he makes you think of the now now now
Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by Daviddson(m): 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2019
prettysassygirl:
And you think you're in the right position to say this? You began all your sentences with lower cases, you used 'u' instead of 'you', 'i' instead of 'I', wrote 'its' instead of 'It's', etc. And two places you should have used full stops, you used comma. So think again. In fact, his own command of English is 10,000 times better than yours, aside very small number of errors he made.
prettysassygirl:

Teacher ,did I ask u?
Why not just apologise and move on, seeing you've been busted? grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by MrMcJay(m): 1:36pm On Mar 09, 2019
prettysassygirl:

as I no get money, do the charitable thing and enrol me, so I can read that nonsense u typed. idiot. should I send act no? mofo

I'll rather enrol you in a school where they train dogs so that you'll learn to respect humans.

You lack home and educational training.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? by misano(m): 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2019
prettysassygirl:

it's like u are one of the daft graduates parading the streets. if not why would my post be paining u

Use capital letters when starting a sentence. Another error.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice And Opinions / Pwc Interview / Should I Sack My Staff For Stealing #500:00?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.