Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,526 members, 7,958,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:48 PM

Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London (1022 Views)

I Have Slept With Two Reverend Fathers - Nigerian Preacher Confesses (video) / A Bus Preacher In Onitsha Got Beaten To Coma After Condoms Fell From His Bible / Nigerian Preacher Arrested For Public Disturbance In London(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:07am On Mar 09, 2019
Police Standards Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Street Preacher In London
5 March 2019

The Metropolitan Police has ordered its Professional Standards Unit to begin a review into the arrest of Oluwole IIesanmi, a Nigerian street preacher, on Saturday 23 February in front of Southgate Tube station, north London.

Police officers said they arrested Mr IIesanmi, "in order to prevent a breach of the peace."

According to Helen Millichap, Chief Superintendent and Enfield Borough Commander, the officers responded to a 999 call at 13:55 on Saturday 23 February from a member of the public who claimed that Mr IIesanmi had made "Islamophobic" comments and been confronted by “a small number” of people. According to the arresting officers, a second witness "supported the allegations made by the original caller."

Officers "deemed it appropriate to remove" street preacher Oluwole Ilesanmi from the area, according to Chief Superintendent Helen Millichap
In the statement the Commander further justified the arrest by describing the preacher's activities as being "perceived as being a potential hate crime." However, nothing in the eyewitness account or video suggests that this was the case.

The police response also contradicts eye witness accounts by failing to make mention of the young man in a hooded top seen aggressively confronting the street preacher threatening him, before fleeing when the police arrived.

The term "Islamophobia" means fear and hatred of the religious ideology Islam. But the term is often misused to mean fear and hatred of Muslim people as well.

https://barnabasfund.org/en/news/police-standards-investigation-opened-after-arrest-of-nigerian-street-preacher-in-london

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19am On Mar 09, 2019
Has anyone noticed that the English know the difference between a 'preacher' and a 'pastor'? I know of a certain people group that will call all preachers pastors. While all pastors are preachers it does not necessarily mean that all preachers are pastors. Lesson 101.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by Seun(m): 8:03am On Mar 09, 2019
I love civilized countries. I wish Nigeria could become a country where the police would be held accountable for mistreating a random street preacher.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by MJBOLT: 8:41am On Mar 09, 2019
where i come from they are one and the same - ZOMBIETIANS

OLAADEGBU:
Has anyone noticed that the English know the difference between a 'preacher' and a 'pastor'? I know of a certain people group that will call all preachers pastors. While all pastors are preachers it does not necessarily mean that all preachers are pastors. Lesson 101.

1 Like

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2019
Seun:

I love civilized countries. I wish Nigeria could become a country where the police would be held accountable for mistreating a random street preacher.

It is my prayer that Nigeria will one day join the number of countries that can be called civilised, in my lifetime. smiley

1 Like

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by MuttleyLaff: 12:23am On Mar 10, 2019
Seun:

OLAADEGBU:
It is my prayer that Nigeria will one day join the number of countries that can be called civilised, in my lifetime. smiley
Nigeria is civilised, only that civilised past civilised, as in, that civilised has many levels. I am not sure which level of civilised, Naija is on though.

When Naija comes to have established, working and effective institutions, ombudsmans, regulatory authorities etcetera the country will be sweeter to live in.

1 Like

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:36am On Mar 10, 2019
MJBOLT:

where i come from they are one and the same - ZOMBIETIANS

Where do you come from? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:07pm On Mar 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Nigeria is civilised, only that civilised past civilised, as in, that civilised has many levels. I am not sure which level of civilised, Naija is on though.

When Naija comes to have established, working and effective institutions, ombudsmans, regulatory authorities etcetera the country will be sweeter to live in.

What kind of civilised country would not hold its Government institutions accountable? undecided
Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by MuttleyLaff: 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
What kind of civilised country would not hold its Government institutions accountable? undecided
... a retrograde and/or regressive civilised country
Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

... a retrograde and/or regressive civilised country

That's even worse than uncivilised societies. I would rather they remained uncivilised than to be regressive.
Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by MuttleyLaff: 4:52pm On Mar 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
That's even worse than uncivilised societies. I would rather they remained uncivilised than to be regressive.
Nwanne, my brother, half a loaf is better than none. Naija, in our lifetime, will "soji", that means, woke, come to her senses, to do the right things, and to do each and everyone of them properly.
Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by Maxi3k(m): 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2019
make dem deport am na
Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Mar 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Nwanne, my brother, half a loaf is better than none. Naija, in our lifetime, will "soji", that means, woke, come to her senses, to do the right things, and to do each and everyone of them properly.

It is my prayer that her ethical values will change and they would not be defending corrupt officials and politicians.

1 Like

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by MuttleyLaff: 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
It is my prayer that her ethical values will change and they would not be defending corrupt officials and politicians.
Psalm 51:1 comes to mind.
Create in Naija and her people a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within her and them almost all. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54pm On Mar 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Psalm 51:1 comes to mind.
Create in Naija and her people a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within her and them almost all. Amen.

Many of the spiritual leaders in the country have to take the lead in repentance because they are culpable for the state of the nation.
Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by MuttleyLaff: 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Many of the spiritual leaders in the country have to take the lead in repentance because they are culpable for the state of the nation.
You nailed it. You hit the nail squarely on the head, smack bang with this comment

1 Like

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43pm On Mar 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

You nailed it. You hit the nail squarely on the head, smack bang with this comment

It is shameful that they claim to be speaking for God when they prophesied that loser will win the presidential election. God exposed them for the charlatan they are.
Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by MuttleyLaff: 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
It is shameful that they claim to be speaking for God when they prophesied that loser will win the presidential election. God exposed them for the charlatan they are.
If you're bent on opening this can of stench, be warned that, maggots, other than fake prophecies, will crawl out

1 Like

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27pm On Mar 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

If you're bent on opening this can of stench, be warned that, maggots, other than fake prophecies, will crawl out

We should still be grateful to God who is still answering the prayers of the faithful remnants. Nigeria shall be great. smiley

1 Like

Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by MuttleyLaff: 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
We should still be grateful to God who is still answering the prayers of the faithful remnants. Nigeria shall be great. smiley
Amen, confess the destination, and not give oxygen to the present situation
Re: Police Standard Investigation Opened After Arrest Of Nigerian Preacher In London by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:52pm On Mar 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Amen, confess the destination, and not give oxygen to the present situation

We still have to point out the anomalies in the nation for it to be corrected. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Why Women Should Not Be Pastors By Deji Yesufu / The Motive Behind The COZA Saga? Busola hurriedly starts fund raising website / :)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.