Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: (23336 Views)

Nigerians, Did Somebody Curse Bode George With Stealing? / I Dumped Nyako For Atiku Because He Gave Me N500 Million- Adamawa Governor / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by otokx(m): 2:32pm On Sep 02, 2010
Too many guns in circulation.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Rhea
nice one mehn

very on point
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Ibime(m): 2:44pm On Sep 02, 2010
There has always been more armed groups and vigilantes in Rivers State than in most others. Most of these are culturally indoctrinated in violence.

1993 when Okrika asked each house to produce 2 fighting men to prosecute the Eleme war was when the likes of Ateke were validated. One who took part in that war told me they were using cock-and-shoot and spoke quite proudly of his initiation as an Okrika man. Now take those cock-and-shoot and replace with machine guns, what do you have.

The same boys who prosecuted the Nembe-Kalabari wars, Andoni-Eleme, Okrika-Ogoni, Abuloma-Army clashes etc. Combine those boys with PDP and this is the fallout
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Rhea(f): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2010
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Beaf: 3:03pm On Sep 02, 2010
na_so:

This article by Patrick Naagbanton makes one want to weep. Mehn the signs are unpromising for the ND. cry cry cry cry cry

What is going on in Rivers is really bad and unfortunate, Bayelsa also has several issues.
However, Akwa Ibom and Delta don't have these problems.

Lets see how govt deals with this.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by naso2(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2010
Beaf:

What is going on in Rivers is really bad and unfortunate, Bayelsa also has several issues.

True. while i think Delta will be calm for sometime to come except for inter-tribal clashes, I am not too sure of that continued peace in Akwa Ibom. Obong victor attah and the present governor look like Odilli and Amaechi waiting to happen.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2010
Beaf:

are you sure about Delta?
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by mbulela: 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2010
the thread has been recaptured.
Thank God.
Beaf:

they will do nothing.
they will simply sweep it under the carpet along the direction in which it favours them.
Our politics is one of self preservation.
One day the monster will devour its creators.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by mbulela: 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2010
Ibime:

There has always been more armed groups and vigilantes in Rivers State than in most others. Most of these are culturally indoctrinated in violence.

1993 when Okrika asked each house to produce 2 fighting men to prosecute the Eleme war was when the likes of Ateke were validated. One who took part in that war told me they were using cock-and-shoot and spoke quite proudly of his initiation as an Okrika man. Now take those cock-and-shoot and replace with machine guns, what do you have.

The same boys who prosecuted the Nembe-Kalabari wars, Andoni-Eleme, Okrika-Ogoni, Abuloma-Army clashes etc. Combine those boys with PDP and this is the fallout

forget all this sermon wey you dey preach.
simply accept the truth that all this militancy and freedom fighting of MEND and the rest of the crooks are plain criminality.
the militants in the ND are as bad as the federal govt.
the masses of the ND are being despoil.d from both sides.
This is gang r.a.p.i.n.g of the worst form.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by baslone: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2010
tkb417:

^^
Sobi SM i hail oh
Jew names Stone, okocha, chris, ola, oscar and calculus nko cheesy

KF on guard baba

Back to topic b4 the MODs send Police after us grin grin

Hmmm, sound like peops I used to Know way bac in Ilorin!
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Tokotaya: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2010
Na wah for this Rivers State sef! So much bloodletting is going on there. How will the land be cleansed?
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2010
@Ibime

The Vicko and Pyrate boys who blossomed in late 80's and 90's now have stranglehold on Rivers and Bayelsa Government.

Soboma George is not your typical university confra. He barely finished school at Stella Maris back then. Most of these new age cultists in Borokiri can all be traced to three secondary schools, namely, Comprehensive, Stella Maris and Baptist.

They cut their teeth in the intra-school wars of the early to mid-90's. Who remembers King of Baptist?

This is the legacy of the failed education system of the 1980's and 1990's. However, these boys would have remained common touts had Odili not armed them for 2003 election.

Now we hear of political assassinations everyday. Who remembers the shock and horror when Chief Obi Wali was assassinated in the 90's. Even back then, they used machete to kill him. Now they fire submachine guns anyhow and political assassination is no longer news.

I will remove Comprehensive and put G.S.S Borikiri. Comprehensive was at the back of Nigerian Navy Borikiri so their activities were usually monitored by Navy Boys. Comprehensive was almost an Ajebo school.

1 Like

Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by jaymdee(m): 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2010
Una don turn this forum to ODIN palace abi 1,000 machete drill dey wait for some ppl. Some even dey call Ovoko name. Una dey mad abi
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Ibomade1: 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2010
Kidnapping don turn business venture.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by chiozor: 6:34pm On Sep 02, 2010
there is one system, aye and others, other ones na moi-moi lipsrsealed
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by mikeoscar: 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2010
This makes some interesting read, credit to Patrick Naagbanton

On the Denouement of Soboma George

By Patrick Naagbanton

@Rhea,
Many thanks for posting Mr Naagbanton's write-up.

Let me confess that this is the first time on any Naira Land Forum that I will read a marathon article to the end and pausing to understand how the author effectively strung the pieces together.

I lived in P.H. for many years and still return there from time to time when I am in Nigeria for verious reasons including vested interests and a Prime property by God's grace but I never understood the breakdown of how these various group operated until your article.

One thing I will never forget though was how my wife and I stopped driving to town, victoria at night to buy Chicken suya and even threatened not to visiting our friends in in town because of the harrassment we got one night from some fierce looking gang who swooped in on the suya man and took everything including what we paid for and calmly drove away.

Good piece , I am saving the information and watching developments. I hope Odili is still hiding in Abuja and should spend the rest of his life there because I don't see how He can still walk the streets of P.H. freely (unless I'm wrong).

Last year on my way to Houston from Lagos, I flew in the same BA  business class as Odili's  assistant-in-crime, Hon. Abiye Sekibo who was obviously in a disguised out-fit of t-shirt and jacket as opposed to his trade-mark  expensive Alabo and hat . I didn't realise he was there until about two hours to landing in George bush. I kept my eyes on him hoping I will approach him for a converstion when we touch down.

I did get the chance later after we passed immigration. I introduced myself and asked him if He now resides in Houston. He took the bait but  later said it was his family  that he was just visiting.

Later at th customs I went to declare my usual crayfish, eguzi etc and there He was declaring gold and cash money of over twenty thousand  dollars and getting grilled  by a loud-mouth latino officer. They finished with me and He was still there answering questions about his diplomatic passport and the gold he said was for his wife.  my point is that they are looking for where to hid and enjoy their loot sad sad sad angry
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by mikeoscar: 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2010
Kidnapping don turn business venture.

na today fulani man begin slap from kano to p.h.??
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by rasputinn(m): 6:34am On Sep 03, 2010
mike oscar:

And to all ya' flagging some silly cultist tags and signs here. . .i thought this thread was suppose to discuss the killers of Soboma and not some eiye, ND and whatevers . . . ya'll need Jesus! ?
shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by rasputinn(m): 7:02am On Sep 03, 2010
@ Tonye-t

Never knew ND was a cultist insignia cheesy cheesy cheesy,just kidding I know it was a slip.
No mind tk and his gang of evil doers,I've seen parts A to Z of system from outside and it's all rubbish and nothing to be proud of.
That's what has led to the over 11yrs of bloodshed now in Pitakwa

@ All

Let's be good examples to our children and fear God
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Piedpiper(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2010
Pitakwa, my pitakwa.
How thou art been despoiled by ravaging wolves in sheeps clothing.
Enitonna High , Always. grin
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2010
Rasputinn
grin i go vex oh

im a born again xtian oh
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by rasputinn(m): 9:01am On Sep 03, 2010
^^^^^

Okay,sorry Pastor Tk,GO of waterways church cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by sirt1(m): 9:11am On Sep 03, 2010
Quote from tkb417,

u no sabi mi na

Who tell u say I no sabi u? U made me laugh in faranse
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by baslone: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2010
tkb417:

Rasputinn
grin i go vex oh

im a[b] born again xtian oh[/b]

And you were there naming Jews!

Not to worry, you'll still make accounts for other Jews that fell along the way!

DMX, Doki, Zuri, Ogidan, Submarine and Co!

The Lord is waiting!
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tkb417(m): 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2010
***edited***
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by baslone: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2010
Just pullin your leg!!! wink
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 04, 2010
soboma george!!!
he entered my neigborhood sometime ago,when he was still with atek,on that faithfull morning he kill 7 people.
namelly:warre,benitery,andrew and others and left scot free.
he was the one that onleashed meham at okija street at mile two diobu,port harcourt, killing many person,including a woman in her toyita camery.
he just fulfill the bible prophesy that he who kill by the sword,dies by the sword.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Dracula27: 10:19am On Sep 04, 2010
cool
@Kennosky u reason well, Good puppetier at work, the three workers would never be found, person wey send them go off and disappear them after missdirecting the crowd, no target for boyz to hit back cos if a target is presented it WOUUULD be hit.
THAT JOB WOULD NEVER!!! HAVE BEEN DONE BY SMALL FISH. cool
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by nazzyon(m): 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2010
All that seems to be happening in Nigeria lately remind of the Rwandan Genocide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

Every man now sleeps with an eye open.

I just pray God intervenes before things get worse.
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by tpiah: 3:00am On Sep 18, 2010
Suspected killers of Soboma George arrested

POLICE authorities in Ondo State yesterday paraded four persons including a herbalist and those that allegedly killed the militant leader Soboma George in Port Harcourt last month.

Equally paraded were four other suspects who robbed and attacked the Okeluse police station on August 2 this year and killed two policemen including a woman Police Corporal Ibironke Adebowale and Corporal Adewale Peters.

The State Police Commissioner,Mogaji Nasarawa told newsmen in Akure that the three suspects who had been declared wanted by the Rivers State Police Command and their photographs displayed in national newspapers have confessed to the killing of the militant leaders on August 24 this year along Wembe Street Borokiri in Port Harcourt .

Police Command in Rivers State had declared them wanted for cases of conspiracy, kidnapping and murder of late Soboma George in Port Harcourt .

They include Pere Fiorori who allegedly shot the militant at close range, Emmanuel Gladstone a k a Tommy, Doubra Ogbe and their herbalist Segun Babagbemi who resides in Ondo town.

According to the Police boss, “on the 14th of this month, his men on night patrol intercepted a Toyota Corolla marked EY 788PHC driven by the herbalist in Ondo town”.

Nasarawa said that the herbalist on sighting the police patrol team attempted to escape but was pursued and later arrested by the police.

During interrogation, the police commissioner pointed out that the herbalist confessed that he was a 419ner and that other members of his gang were residing at a hotel in Ondo town.

According to him “Policemen strictly moved to the location and apprehended Doubra Ogbe and the two others who were using pseudo names.”

The Police Commissioner added that they confessed that they came from Bayelsa state for an undisclosed mission while Segun Babagbemi is their herbalist whom they came to see for a business which they intended to embark upon.

“In the course of investigation the suspects confessed that they are militants and belong to a gang of kidnappers who specialize in kidnapping expatriates in Nigeria .

“Upon further interrogation, they equally confessed to killing one Sabomi George on August 24 this year import Harcourt.

Items recovered from them according to the police include a Toyota Highlander Jeep marked AR 152 YEN, a Toyota Corolla car, ten GSM handsets, three UBA Cheque books, two International passports, some Vehicle documents, some rings with assorted charms among others.

Nasarawa said that the suspects who had been declared wanted by River State Police Command would be transferred to Rivers State for further interrogation.

In an interview, the suspects denied that they were the ones that killed their master.
Doubra told newsmen that they actually came to Ondo town on invitation of their herbalist for the last Ogun festival and that they were not the one that killed the Militant.

When told that they have been declared wanted and why they failed to show up to declare their innocence, they said that “the offence was too heavy for us”.

Fiorori who limps as he was brought to where they were paraded was alleged to be the leader of the gang who actually shot the militant leader from a close range.

They all claimed that they were framed and they would “not kill their leader for anything”.

Babagbemi who is their herbalist said that he gives them charms which are fake and that he was using them to make money and make ends meet.

He denied that he knows the kind of business they were into but that he only gives them charms which unknown to them were always fake.

But when they were been photographs, the herbalist started crying denying his involvement but Doubra shouted him down saying” when you were collecting money from us you always laugh why are you know crying when there is trouble shout up we are into this together”.

But another police source said that the gang that were paraded had disagreement with the Sabome group over money hence their decision to get rid of him (Sabome).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/09/suspected-killers-of-soboma-george-arrested/
Re: I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us: by Patebere(m): 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VAT: Wike Started A Revolution, Restructuring Has Begun — Adegboruwa / Kano Police Detain Rep-Elect, Aliyu Madaki For Brandishing A Gun During Rally / Woman Who Gave Birth At Delta PDP Rally, Gets N2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.