Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Why I Left My Job Yesterday. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why I Left My Job Yesterday. (2111 Views)

Finally, I Left My Job For Freelancing! / Just Lost My Job. / I Am Tired Of Life, I Have Left My Family Permanently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Left My Job Yesterday. by 11thGoldTREE: 8:23am On Mar 09, 2019
I have come to arrive at the conviction "Nigerian labor market is saturated" but there is space for personal improvement if you care for skills.
Some weeks ago I informed my employer in a Primary school that I would like to start running a skill based program and would need to be closing at 3pm which is the normal closing period. Of course, 3pm was the normal closing hour but I was asked to be taking the pupils willing to stay for extra lessons from Monday to Thursday and Saturday from 9 to 1pm. The money generated from the lesson was mine for the keep but I have not been having enough time for personal development.
Some people are motivated by money, some people are motivated by socializing, some are motivated by ego: some motivated belief and some personal development. I have found a better meaning to personal development but my employer has not welcomed my idea with open arms. He insisted that the kids staying for the extra class might be lagging behind and even went ahead to compare my earnings with staff in other schools. Since then his countenance has changed towards me.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Left My Job Yesterday. by alphaNomega: 8:29am On Mar 09, 2019
Your time at that school is up.

1 Like

Re: Why I Left My Job Yesterday. by Skyfornia(m): 8:43am On Mar 09, 2019
Go and be better bro
Re: Why I Left My Job Yesterday. by ojun50(m): 8:46am On Mar 09, 2019
You have taking the right decision... Go nd sin no more
Re: Why I Left My Job Yesterday. by Speedyconnect15: 8:53am On Mar 09, 2019
11thGoldTREE:
I have come to arrive at the conviction "Nigerian labor market is saturated" but there is space for personal improvement if you care for skills.
Some weeks ago I informed my employer in a Primary school that I would like to start running a skill based program and would need to be closing at 3pm which is the normal closing period. Of course, 3pm was the normal closing hour but I was asked to be taking the pupils willing to stay for extra lessons from Monday to Thursday and Saturday from 9 to 1pm. The money generated from the lesson was mine for the keep but I have not been having enough time for personal development.
Some people are motivated by money, some people are motivated by socializing, some are motivated by ego: some motivated belief and some personal development. I have found a better meaning to personal development but my employer has not welcomed my idea with open arms. He insisted that the kids staying for the extra class might be lacking behind and even went ahead to compare my earnings with staff in other schools. Since then his countenance has changed towards me.

It's lagging behind.

NOT

lacking behind.

Edit please before haters arrive.

Sell airtime to us and make cash.

GET NEW YEAR MTN, GLO, AND 9MOBILE DATA PROMO BELOW!

Just click the details and over 734 testimonies below.

Daalu nu!

1 Like

Re: Why I Left My Job Yesterday. by anochuko01(m): 9:23am On Mar 09, 2019
i had similar experience. i even took about 4months break from full time teaching. after i was done with training, i returned to that school as a part time teacher, going there twice a week and i earn just 5k less...
Its ur choice op, sacrifice now to enjoy later

2 Likes

Re: Why I Left My Job Yesterday. by CaptainMitch: 11:51am On Apr 01, 2020
cool
11thGoldTREE:
Some people are motivated by money, some people are motivated by socializing, some are motivated by ego: some motivated belief and some personal development. I have found a better meaning to personal development but my employer has not welcomed my idea with open arms. He insisted that the kids staying for the extra class might be lagging behind and even went ahead to compare my earnings with staff in other schools. Since then his countenance has changed towards me.

(1) (Reply)

Legit Medical Certificate And Medical Report / Lagos Telecoms/Oil & Gas Firm Graduates Recruitment(₦200k Monthly) / Cbn Calls For Test ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.